ABSA Bankpoor service

This review was posted by
a verified customer
Verified customer

I went to absa bank loch logan yesterday (23/03/2017) to update my details (Not forgetting my busy work schedule) as I wanted to change my maiden surname to my marriage surname. I was not assisted as I was told that the system is down for all absa banks in bloemfontein. This morning I went again (24/03/2017), the systems are not working but I can't be assisted as I don't have a clothing account statement that is already in my new surname, even though I produced a proof of residence from my university proof of registration (This document has both my new surname and address). I don't think there will be a store that will change my details now and give a new statement without charges as I already received my march statements under my maiden surname. I honestly do not have time to be visit absa branched daily, my job schedule is very tight and I don't think my boss will understand the fact that I ask to go to the bank daily and stand in those ques. This is really unacceptable, why i'm I being punished for being married. I updated my details with capitec bank yesterday (23/03/2017) with no hassles at all. Please assist me as I don't have time for games and petrol to drive up & down visiting absa branched daily!

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at Complaintsboard.com and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.