Having problems with ABSA Bank?

ABSA Bank Customer Service Contacts

+27 860 008 600 (General Enquiries)
+27 860 557 557 (Fraud Hotline)
+27 800 414 141 (Complaint Resolution Suite)
+27 115 015 050 (Lost & Stolen Cards)
+27 115 015 110 (Digital Banking)
+27 113 354 019 (Retail International Banking)
+27 860 109 085 (Credit Cards (Premium)
+27 861 114 411 (Credit Cards (Gold Card)
+27 861 788 888 (Absa Rewards)
+27 860 111 630 (Car Insurance)
+27 861 227 284 (Travel Insurance)
+27 113 504 000 (Head Office, Johannesburg)
7th Floor, Barclays Towers, West 15 Troye Street
Johannesburg
South Africa - 5241
Locations

Retail International Banking
Service Centre
170 Main Street, Johannesburg, 2001

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ABSA Bank Customer Service. Initial ABSA Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ABSA Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ABSA Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with ABSA Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ABSA Bank Complaints & Reviews

ABSA Bankemployees taking money to bars

I was having an afternoon drink a while back and a lady by the name of Beulah(I believe her surname is Muller, but I'm not sure) was there. Well, I witnessed something that did NOT impress me as I also bank with ABSA and that could have been my money. While there she had a very big bank bag with her, with quite a bit of money in it, she was flaunting it around and showing all her friends what she had taken home with her. What if someone, not so nice had seen her, and decided to attack her and take all that money? Like I said it could also have been my money. Also, while there, I got to talking to some of her friends and found out that, she goes into their bank accounts and checks their balances and does stuff for them that is not so savoury. I also heard that she exchanges money (I know you need a passport and airplane ticket to get international money) for them without the sufficient paper work. I am in general NOT a complainer, but this has been bothering me for quite sometime now and finally I just thought it best to say something. I am also seriously contemplating changing banks as this is unacceptable behaviour for a bank employee. I'm also wondering if it's not perhaps a good idea to take this to the newspapers as other people should know about this and that ABSA is letting their employees get away with stuff like this.

ABSA Trust — violation of human rights

My wife, 5 year old daughter and I stay in a house we built – out of our pocket with our money with...

ABSA Home Loansunfair treatment

Being a loyal absa client for 10 to 15 years, left me in great dissapointment. On the 10th of June 2011, i applied for the further loan to do the rennovations on my property.The application dragged for a very long period, though i was promised it will only take 3 to 5 working days. In that long waiting period, on the 27/06/2011 i was then called, and dissapointedly, not even approved on what i put on the table, far less than that. I then, the following day declined the offer. On the 4th of July 2011, i decided to go to absa branch in pretoria north, and i was told, the small offer was due to the evaluation of my existing property, which i dont know how was it done, cos no one came and did that at my place. The consultant in Pretoria North adviced me to reapply, but really this left me with just dissappointment as i know im also paying R2800.00 more in my existing bond. I am also considering leaving ABSA BANK and market the better BANK with better services.

ABSAcannot logon

I am trying to logon to the internet banking, but for the last week I cannot get onto the internet bank website

• Mo
          Motlalepule Phete Jul 27, 2011

I cant logon to my absa internet banking and is been months, all i need is the pin to access my account via internet.

• Lj
          L J Swanepoel Jul 26, 2011

I can not find the Absa logon page on internet????

• Ri
          RIETTE MULDER Jul 08, 2011

Ek probeer ook al die afgelope week by Absa se internetbankdienste uitkom, maar tevergeefs!! Ek het ook 'n week terug by 'n ATM R60.00 se MTN-telefoontyD gekoop wat nounog nie op die foon gelaai is nie. Absa amptenaar in Brackenfelltak se ek moet dit met MTN uitklaar.. WAT GAAN AAN MET JUL DIENS ABSA????? R. Mulder

• Bj
          B J Steyn Jul 01, 2011

My password has been blocked and therefore I cannot access my account.
          Please fix this now (as in immediately!!)
          My cell number is [protected].
          I am waiting for your explanation/phonecall.

B J Steyn

• Me
          Meagan Davids Jun 28, 2011

iI am trying to access my internet banking account but it keeps tellin me to use a valid account number and pin. Acoording to me I have entered the correct numbers.

• Ph
          Phumlile Sovendle Jun 27, 2011

I am trying to logon to the internet banking but caanot as it state that I must check my access acount or pin or user of which they are all correct according to me.

ABSA Bankcredit card

Dear Absa
        Two weeks ago I was contacted by your call centre for an application for a credit card. Afterwards I was told that the application was succesfull and that the Knysna branch would contact me on delivery of my credit card.
        Three days later ...I got the call and was told that I had to bring my ID book and fetch my card. After standing nearly an hour in line I was told everything is fine but they need a proof of residence and a pay slip.Once again I complied. After standing for nearly another hour and a half in line I was taken one side and told that my paperwork is not right and that everything is still fine but that I should keep on trying because they want me to be part of the family. Now I want to know why do you guys tell a person everything is fine and then we must nearly beg you to give us the cards that was already approved.

Vaughn Smit
        Area Manager
        Western Cape
        Email: [protected]@rossieng.co.za
        Cell: [protected]

ABSA Bankdouble bank charge

On 26 May 2011 double bank charges was taken off my account. I called Absa bank, they said they would rectifiy the problem. My bank statement still shows the double bank charge and the error was not rectified. I will go to Absa bank on 1 June 2011 after my debit orders have come off and the double bank charge rectified to close my account.

ABSA Bankservice

It is with utter shock and sadness that I write this complaint, My father has been a client of Absa for approximately forty years. In this time he has used many of the absa products and services available, home loans, cheque accounts, overdraughts, business banking and trust accounts to name a few. In the last few weeks our family has suffered a financial crisis. My father approached absa today to ask for help as it has become obvious that he will not be receiving an income for the next few months. His PRIMARY property is paid up and he has decided to put the house on the market. When he approached absa today, they very bluntly told him its not their problem? I read the absa website and was looking at the extensive list of services absa has to offer, and it became glaringly obvious, that giving a hoot, was not one of them! Forty years of loyalty? To Absa, how do you justify this?

• Ha
                Hannatjie Delport Jun 13, 2016

A few months ago ABSA asked for new FICA documents. Firstly it was not necessary as we did not change anything on the account. We did give them then all the FICA, but twice a month my account get blocked. It is a business account of a guest house and the manager stood stranded at the till with all groceries bought for breakfast. This is now getting very annoying and all I get from ABSA is apologies for inconvenience and then it just happens again.
                I think my next step in Carte Blanche or I do not know what.

• Go
                Goldreef Village Jan 17, 2012

Overdraft facility
                1. On December 9th 2011 we applied for bridging finance of R 160 000.00
                2. On January 10th 2012 we were informed that the facility has been approved.
                3. Copies of rules and regulations were requested and delivered to your Brakpan branch a few days later.
                4. This morning we were informed that the facility has not yet been loaded? What is inferred? Do we have the facility or not?
                Please respond by return

DJ Bester
                Chairman
                Goldreef Village

GiGi White May 27, 2011

Its just frustrating that for 45 years he has been a loyal customer of this bank, used every service available to him that they offered. The plan for his retirement was to sell his house when it is paid up. He has been running a small company for about four years and that fell apart a few weeks ago so selling the house has become immenent. Its just that now that he is old and almost not "worth" anything they refuse to help? It is the spirit of entitlement, because in my opinion if you are loyal to an institute your whole life, the least they can do is hear you out when you need help. My other question is that when his property is sold and he is in posession of the money, does he still remain loyal? Would they still not take the time to listen to him when he needs help?l

GiGi White May 27, 2011

His income has come to a halt, he is not spending anything or asking for "spending" money. We need debit orders covered and those are not luxuries, its medical aid and insurances.we also don't need the help forever. He is selling his property that is worth 900 thousand and he doesn't owe anything on it. Surely they could use that as security towards the whole 40 000 he is asking for. He has never once in the 45 yrs of banking with them been in this position. He is 63 and can't just walk out the door and get work. Surely somewhere they can even TRY negotiate to even help him just pay medical? My mother is recovering from cancer and cannot afford to not have medical, that is 2600 per month AGAIN its not millions we need to go splashing out, its for a short while to survive?

GiGi White May 26, 2011

He has realised that he will not be able to honour his debit orders for a few months (+- R8000) and asked them if they could help him. They told him its not their problem, because of his age and lack of income they were not interested. They would however not charge him any fees when the debit order bounces.

ABSAno payment

I had my bedroom flooded in the 1st week feb 2011 due to a geyser valve. On contacting absa, they agreed that i could engage a contractor immediately for the repairs. This was done, the invoices were sent to absa - and i waited. Last week they sent someone to give me a quote - yes, last week! It is now 4 may 2011, i have called them 4 times (Wait 15mins to get through) & written 3 emails. Everytime promises are made that they will sort out the problem. . . But i'm still waiting. Today i received a settlement form for someone else!!! What sort of company is this? I most certainly will be moving my insurance when i eventually get my payment.

jabulani Aug 14, 2011

I am just about going to join this company but already i can see "cracks" on the service. First of all i asked to be send the contract (terms and condition) documentation to familiarize myself with. I was denied as they told me that first i had to give my personal details including my bank account. Also on the first call there was not disclosure that there was an extra "joining" once off charge. This was disclosed once i have agreed to give my bank account and cancelled my other car insurance company.
                  Once i got the documentation i called them to discuse few clauses that worried me ...i was told kindly that it was going to take care of and they shoudl CONFIRM by e-mail as what we did agreed on our telephono conversation.
                  So far nothing has happen. So i find the service not up to standard at all and certainly not CLIENT FRIENDLY.

ABSA Bankprovident fund

My husband Sipho Dingela applied for HIS provident find on December 2017 at Greenacres in Port Elizabeth.Up until now he has'nt been paid his money.When he went to Greenacres 2 months later they said the money is on payment in Gauteng so he must wait for the next Friday, on the following week they said he must call Gauteng Province, He found Portia who said she will take the matter on to her hands then he called again, Portia said he must wait for the next friday as theres nothing she can do the money is on payment.When my husband called last friday they said Portia ia on switchboard, he can not ask for her.What can he do to get HIS MONEY? its FOUR months now and he's been told the same story "wait for the next friday, the money is on payment".I'm very dissapointed with Absa as everyone now says theres nothing we can do, your money depends on poeple from payment!is it Absa who is responsible for provident funds or people from payments?

• Cl
                    CLINTY Aug 16, 2012

ABSA PROV FUND, MANAGER MATSUVISI HAS BEEN DUCKING AND DIVING FROM ME FOR WEEKS NOW, SHE HAS TOLD ME THAT DUE TO THE CALL CENTER NOT SUBMITTING MY CLAIM WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO, THEY APPARENTLY FORGOT TO DO WHAT THE SUPPOSED TO, SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE WILL BE TAKING OVER THE CLAIM AS THE MISTAKE COMES FROM THE THE CALL CENTER, SHE HAS NOW PASSED THE BUCK AND THE AGENT IS COMPLETELY CLUE LESS, I HAVE NOW BEEN PUT ON HOLD FOR ALMOST 4 MONTHS ...WHAT DO I DO THE CALL CENTER NUMBER IS [protected], PLEAS ASSIST ME

• Gl
                    Glen Mpisi Jul 07, 2011

I'm very disappointed with your service becouse I had made my claim on february and still u have not come back to me. your service is very poor you need to pick it up a little bit.

• He
                    Helen Kassa Jun 24, 2011

Difficult to explain what happened for my account in Pretoria main ABSA bank branch, I just found it is frozen trying to pay for staffs I wanted to shop in Spur. No warning, no message, no calls, just shutting down peoples account like that. After submitting details for the update they say they will do in one day, came to find out the leady who is going to update my account is out for lunch, what can we say!

PSSPF ABSA — claims

Sent in my claim on the 28the of december 2010 and only recieved part of my money still waiting for the...

ABSA Homeowners Insurance — waiting 2 months just for an answer

A water pipe burst in our wall on the 13th FEb 2011. Tbhey sent someone out to repair the burst water pipe on...

ABSAhome loan department

In 2008 I saw a land that I definetely liked and it was selling at R360 000, and approached ABSA to assist with the finance, and they providedd finance of R300 000 which meant I had to pay upfront R60 000 as a deposit. I had no problem with that cos I really liked the land.

Since then, I tried applying for building loan with no success, I do not understand this because the bank assisted with finance to purchase the land but they do not want to assist with finance to build a house in the land. What am I suppose to do with the land...come on ABSA

ABSAstrange behavior from absa and its service provider

In Jan 2010, I lodged a claim with ABSa due to storm damages. A sms was sent to me that my claim number was 1653365 and that was all the communication I ever received. I called on numerous occassions and found out that Sandra was handling my claim. Sandra never has the time to ever speak to me personally or email me when she promises to do so. After a number of calls a company called close up deals was sent to the property and was inspected by the 'driver' After waiting for 4 days and getting no feedback, I called ABSA but could not get to speak to Sandra, when I demanded to speak to her she took my call and told me my claim was rejected and a letter will be sent to tell me why. I received no letter to date. I was then contacted by Close Up Deals owners ir FrankPeter and told that certain repairs are rejected and some approved. This company came and did a little work for a few hours on two occassions. They simply stated that ABSA does not approve replacement but rather repair (even Abestos Gutters and masonite doors) on the 3rd they removed my bath & toilet doors and did not return. I contact ABSA on [protected] and spoke to Sandra who did not email again.

ABSAthey don't accept what I can only afford

Absa never sent me updates about the account via post. They send me sms's and calling me at work. The account has now being handed over which I was not evens aware of until recently when they called. The attorneys are now demanding R500.00 to be paid. Unfortunately I could only pay them R100.00 in January and I have said that I will try to pay them +-R300.00 if I can afford. They said that is not acceptable and they threatened to blacklist my name as well as my husbands. They also said that a guarnish order will be taken on my account. I must say the service is very poor. For the record there was no Sec 129 or a letter of demand sent out or evens final notice of payment.

Please assist me to rectify this matter.

ABSAso much for being a platinum client at absa

I am an absa platinum client, I made a request to my so-called banker at midrand branch, I wanted him to submit a vehicle finance application. He did send the application but the responce from his department left so much to be desired for. According to absa platinum website, as a member I deserve a competitive rates but I was given a ridiculous rate. I currently have a vehicle account with absa and my rate currently is about 8.5% and the consultant told me that he was prepared to give me atleast prime. He couldn't explain the reason why he could not give me the same rate. What I find it funny is that I was given this rate long before I was given a platinum status. So what advantage do I have from absa? They managed to give me 8.5% when I was a gold member but they can't give the same now that i'm a platinum client? How does the so called platinum status work in absa? I'm currently in negotiation with the other bank to move all my business to that bank maybe I would be treated with great loyalty and dignity I deserve.

ABSAabsa not only incompetent, but also sneaky *!!

I've been battling Since last week monday to get answers from Absa! Frozen acc. but can withdraw outside??? No explanation!!! Proof of residence wanted??? All my stuff was correct! Then they offered to pay me on my lost of revenue for the LAPTOP Sale I've lost which is R4 200, which I declined, & gave them a counter settlement offer! All the discomfort & other hazzles I have to deal with bcause if their ERROR! So today the manageres Mss. ILSE ??? phones & says, Mr. ERNST BOTHMA said they cud pay me R3 000, on my lost of revenue today, then friday we will have a formal answer on the rest of the settlement, which I wud have accepted even though I still loose!!! Get 2 the Bank & Mss. Ilse wants to write me a tjek but I need to sign the document that state the R3 000 is FULL & FINAL SETTLEMENT!! How SNEAKY TO U GET!! So Mr. BOTHMA phones me & SAYS IT IS THEIR FINAL OFFER!!! That's not even my lost of revenue! Well I was trying to be nice, but the MANAGERES LIED to me & then they INSULTED my INTELIGENCE! Absa is wasting my time while telling me I must not go over to another bank. Then they Insult my Intelligence! I've wasted 2weeks already, & they think I'm an *****! Bad Move Absa!

ABSApathetic service from absa insurance

I have submitted 4 claims to absa insurance regarding damage to my property and have recieved feedback on only 1. The first claim was made in july 2009 where my roof was damaged and we fixed the problem as we were selling the property. We put through the claims and have not received any response. Absa was however very timeous on taking their yearly insurance on the property. They said they would grant us a prorata refund once the claim was settled since the property was transfered a couple of weeks later to the new owners. 9months have passed and this issue has not been resolved to date. I have also incurred roof damages on my current property in Jan 2010 due to the recurring rain and storms we have been experiencing. I refused to fix the roof given Absa's current history on paying out claims. 3 MONTHS has passed by, a contractor has been out to see it about a month ago and still NO FEEDBACK from absa. I have been phoning twice a week and leaving messages and nobody responds, including managers.It is absolutely ridiculous!! It is as though we do not exist. I have also put through claims on my pool a month ago here again NO RESPONSE. Not even a claim number.

ABSAincoming funds not transferred to account

On 24th March 2010 I transferred an amount of R2539.45 from my bank in NZ to my ABSA account. These funds have not appeared in my account and as a result I have missed ABSA loan and credit card payments and also gone into overdraft. I will have to pay late payment charges and overdraft fees which I find unacceptable and would like to have these waived or reversed on my account. It is now the 9th April 2010 and the money has not been transferred to my account. How is it possible for money to take so long to reach my account? My bank in NZ has assured me that the funds were transferred shortly after I requested the transfer.

I would like an explanation as to what has caused the delay.

ABSAabsa vehicle finance delaying process

I applied for vehicle finance on 5 March, which was approved on the 9th of March. I signed the contract on 12 March, and ABSA paid the seller's bank for the settlement of their finance on 15 March. The problem is that ABSA used a cheque to pay this amount! How primitive is that!!! Wesbank are now refusing to release the registration papers as they are waiting for ABSA's cheque to clear, which is gonna take 10 working days! Then we still have to wait 7- 10 working days for Wesbank to send the registration papers, and only then will ABSA pay the balance of the purchase price to the seller! Why does ABSA, which is supposedly a leading bank, use a cheque to settle this amount, instead of an EFT which goes through after only like 1 business day! ABSA clearly knew this would delay the process, and they just simply have a couldn't care attitude to the fact that they are delaying the entire process, and frustrating both me (i want the transaction finalised and the car on my name) and the seller (who obviously wants her money!). ABSA does not seem willing to do anything to speed up the process. This is not good enough. I will seriously be looking into moving my bank accounts elsewhere.

Mattie Peach Mar 02, 2012

I have been struggling since mid-January 2017 with debit order switching of my ABSA vehicle finance and ABSA insurance. I have submitted the documentation, but never received confirmation that the information was received. My debit orders again went off my old account this month.

How difficult is it for ABSA to perform this simple task that took 2 days for my medical aid to get right? I am severely frustrated and feel that it would be easier to get new vehicle finance and new insurance form other service providers than for ABSA to perform the simple task of debit order switching.

Mattie Peach

• Bu
                                    Bumbide Jan 17, 2011

On [protected] I applied for a Personal loan. I was asked to send my Pay slip and ID, which was done immediately. 2 days later, after hearing nothing, I phoned to follow up and was told that I must send 3 month bank statement. I emailed my bank statements – which is on a letterhead and we're living in the 21st century. 1 day later – I AGAIN phone to hear what’s happening and was told that they only accept the statement 1 gets when going INTO the bank, with a bank stamp! So I kept my cool and went INTO the bank, got the statement and faxed it through. The following day, I finally received a call from ABSA. Requesting proof of residence. Document to be filled in by a commissioner of oath. Stamped! Come &^%$# on! Why weren’t all the requirements given to me when applying, but now in drips and drabs? I then asked for a manager and was put through to Leandra of Personal Loans. She promised me that, if I send all the documents, she will treat this urgent last week Friday. Well needless to say, when I phone on Friday to find out what‘s going..Guess what…THEY WERE ON A TEAM BUILDING!

• Bi
                                    Birdman Jan 11, 2011

My husband and I started working from home. Since our funds weren't coming into our account by the date our bond debit order was due, my husband WENT INTO the bank and spoke with a consultant to let them know that we need to cancel the debit and will be paying cash into our bond account as we receive the payments from our clients. They told us that this was not a problem, and SUPPOSEDLY made a note of it on our file. I don't believe they did this, as they now HARASS us on an almost DAILY basis nagging about their money. We have NEVER been more than two months behind in the bond, and have had our bond with them for YEARS, and ALWAYS been up to date, save for the last few months, where we MADE ARRANGMENTS, which was a TOTAL waste of our time, since we're still being treated like criminals who are going to run off with their money, which we do NOT appreciate! Then, today, when my husband takes yet another call from ABSA, he asks for a manager's email address so that we can address this issue, as we are now TOTALLY fed up with this harassment, and were told that HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE OUT ANY MANAGER'S EMAIL ADDRESS. What a cop-out EXCUSE for being lazy and incompetent!!!

• Ti
                                    Tiaras Nov 29, 2010

Card stolen on 2312 reportedon this date @ 08:00 & card ordered. Went to Absa on 311209 & asked for NEW DEBIT card, linked this card & I could not withdraw funds at ATM. Went to Absa 0801 they relinked the cards & I tried to withdraw at ATM -Transaction not authorized! Spoke to Yolo at card division, according to him my credit card acc shows pending as no card was ordered, because I was overdrawn on my account they could not issue me a new card. (well you took off my debit of R1500 on 281209) so why did you not try to send a new card then??No one bothered to sms me, email or call me to say Dear Mrs ... a problem has occurred regarding your new credit card - Please contact card division! But if I did not pay the credit card, then I would have received phone calls. I had a very stressfull time as I could not access this funds due to your lack of whatever it is you call SERVICE!!THE FACT THAT THERE was JUST ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ANYONE COULD HAVE DONE YESTERDAY TO HELP THIS SITUATION OR EVEN COME UP WITH SOLUTIONS, makes STD Bank come out tops!!! Don't bother WASTING a phone call to apologize, cause when I needed your call to inform me of the problem, YOU DIDN'T BOTHER!!

• Fi
                                    Ficiale Nov 29, 2010

1. I purchased a vehicle in 2017, financed by ABSA and got comprehensive cover though a corporate insurance company.
                                    2. I went to the Absa branch 3 times to fix my address and still we can't get this right.
                                    3. On Monday they phoned me to verify the very same details that was given to them in 2017,
                                    4. ABSA is currently confirming that their clients' vehicle insurance is comprehensive. They are threatening to take out additional cover on the clients behalf, should it not be sufficient.
                                    5. All Postal and residential details were confirmed and corrected telephonically(Again)
                                    6. Since the details have been 'corrected' I am being spammed by Insurance Companies. Eg Hollard, Budget
                                    7. I did not give permission to share my personal details with any vendors...Especially since my vehicle IS already comprehensively insured.
                                    8. I phoned absa today regarding this matter and they could not confirm my details without a reference number which is on my non delivered statements...How do I help myself because the consultant could not help me.
                                    9. An Absa consultant also ackowledged that they share the info with vendors
                                    10.I need my banking charges to be reversed for 2 months.

• Em
                                    Emkore Oct 01, 2010

This account has been debited for two months in the amount of nearly a thousand rand by a company that I have no connection with? how is it then possible that you allow them to debit my account?

I immediately wish to see the signed documentation that says I gave both you or them permission to debit my account.

I have not now nor have I ever had any dealings with these people. But you are allowing them to take money as they wish.

When I called you and came to see you several times to ask what was the problem I was told that the bank couldnt do anything. I was told to resolve the matter with that company.

I then spoke to my Manager at work about it and he said it is as good as fraud. He will help me to resolve it. Do you think cause I am not so sure how all these things work you can just show me away but open up for persons who wanna take my money...

You have to now explain as I am willing to persue the matter further... How can you do this and then not be interested enough to help me! Is this what you do to all your clients, should we all be more aware of who you allow access to with our money?

ABSAabsa keeps harassing me

In Oct 2009 we had to relocate to CT from pmb, I am currently not earning a income.I contacted ABSA regarding my Loan acc and my Credit Card I told them that im working but only earning comm, as yet I havent earned a blue cent, so they said no problem just go to the police station and do an affidavid, which i did and i sent it thru to them, toghether with a letter from my boss saying that i work on comm only. since then they have been harrasing me almost everyday then like a broken record I have to explain my situation to them every time, i am ******. This week alone the phone me 20 times. They harras me early in the morning during the day when im at work and even as late as 8pm at night. I told them to stop harrasing me and they wont. The one lady from the loans department said she will make a note again on the system the she will give me a courtasy call next month, which is ok, then the next day same old story, there should be a law against this, are the ppl at absa so STUPID they cant read the system before they phone you. I told them as soo as i work i will pay them. ABSA LEAVE ME ALONE, I WILL PAY YOU ONCE I START WORKING, i have been a customer of theirs for 9 years.