ABC Financial / New York Fitnesshealth club membership

I signed took my son to NY Fitness because of a coupon in the Clipper Magazine that stated "No Startup Fee, No Commitment and No Gimmicks". It was only $10 a month. Well after two month he didn't want to go anymore. ABC Finanical which handles the payments told us that we needed to contact the club. I did so, the General Manager/Part owner (she pretended to be a regular employee) said only the manager the next day could cancel it. Two months later i receive a letter from ABC Financial saying I owe $10 plus 29.50 in fees on top of that. I sent them a certified letter on 9/21 telling them to close. I called they told me they received the letter and forwarded it to the club. They tell me only New York Fitness can close it.

Never deal with NY Fitness of Palmyra (they also have locations in Lebanon and Elizabethtown PA) Also you shouild not deal with any business that used ABC Financial Services to take payments out of a debit or charge card.

• Ri
    richny68 Jul 21, 2010

Any club backed by ABC Financial will rip you off. Whenever joining a club, just ask them is ABC Financial does their billing. If they say yes...find another club.