Aarons Rent A Centerdamaged goods/worse customer service

I had leased to own a love seat and endtables, lamps and coffee table from Aaron's Rent a Center, with the intent to pay it off before 90 days to avoid the finance charges, in 2008. When they delivered my furniture the love seat was damaged in the front on the carved wood inlay and the end tables were all scratched on the surface even though they were suppose to be a "new" purchase also. I talked to the store manager about the damaged love seat and endtables and I was given new endtables, but told that the love seat would have to be repaired, per their contract. After numerous delays and useless excuses in regarding parts availability and 80 days later, I contacted the ohio attorney generals office regarding the matter. A few days later I RECIEVED a call from the store manager, telling me that I could come in and pick out another love seat if, I wished. But, I could not do it that day. I called her two days later about coming in and picking something else out and was told that my part for the couch was in and that SHE preferred that I get it repaired. After being reassured that the repair would be made within the next 2 days, I agreed to allow them to make the repair. I wanted a nice resolution to the problem and to avoid hard feelings. We are now looking at 86 days. The significance of amount of time passing is in the lack of service provided and the 90 day same as cash option possibly expiring. I made it clear to her that I wanted it repaired before the cash option expired, to avoid the finance charges. Well, needless to say 90 days came and went. The repair was made on day 91. Whenever I tried to speak to the manager she was unavilable. When I did get a hold of her on day 93 I was told that my 90 days had expired and she couldn't extend my 90 day same as cash option even though it was was clearly their ineptness and delays that contributed to the expiration of that option. Never again will I rent to own anything from Aarons and if possible from no other establishment ever again. Aaron's is a scam and a sham they shouldn't be allowed to continue to bilk the public out of money the way that they do.

• Si
    Sirenbliss46 Jul 17, 2012

Dealt with horrible customer service by a control freak in Aarons Rent a Center in Selinsgrove. The man is rude and bossy and pushy and YES I make my payments. Sometimes I get behind but I have never NOT PAID and the TV I bought was used, and I only owe 400 on it after paying way over the actual value for it, considering the fact that its a USED 42 inch tv. I've paid more than 600 on it so far.
    I'm very angry. Hard to write this as I go along, I've never been so humiliated.
    An example of this mans verbal vocabulary
    Aarons Salesperson: ok that payment was made when can we expect you back in to make another payment
    Me: I'll get back to you, I have to go.
    Aarons Salesperson -- uh no you you dont! (very rude and pushy)
    I hung up the phone. Its not the first time hes used condescending controlling and rude behavior towards me. I called Aarons corporate who had me contact a mananager there who did -- guess what-- suprise suprise-- side with his employee.

Only when I started talking lawyers did he finally decide oh gee, I might have some rights.
    Got the Regional Manager's number who still hasnt called back but I will imagine he will be just as nasty.
    They always are.
    I'm contacted an attorney who specializes in collection harrassemenet (and remember I have been paying) so that they will stop their rude, controlling behavior.

• Ad
    adaminbtr Mar 10, 2011

HOLY CAPS LOCK BATMAN!!!

• Th
    THERE_4_U Feb 18, 2011

I REPOSTED THIS TO FIX SOME OF THE WORDING I HAVE A BAD PROBLEM WITH ARRONS I ORDERED A BED A FRIDGE AND 5 PIECE THAT CAME WITH THE BED WELL THEY DELIVERED AND I TOLD THEM NOT TO PUT THE BED TOGETHER CAUSE WELL ID LIKE TO SET IT UP THE WAY I WANT TO IN MY ROOM I NOTICED THAT ONE OF THE SMALL BOARDS THE PIECE ON THE SIDE FRAME THAT HOLDS THE BED FROM HITTING THE FLOOR WELL THAT TOWARD THE WOOD FAR RIGHT END HAD A BEND C FORM LOOK TO IT I DIDNT THINK NOTHING OF IT LOOKED STURDY IT HELD FOR A LONG TIME ABOUT A MONTH IF THAT LOL WELL I CALLED ARRONS AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD FIX IT FOR ME WELL I HAD TO RUN AND TAKE MY WIFE TO THE HOSPITAL SHE WAS PREGNANT AND NEEDED HELP WITH YEAST INFECTION SO I WASNT HOME THAT DAY WHEN THEY CAME TO REPAIR IT WELL I CAME HOME THAT NIGHT HAPPY TO SEE MY BED WAS UP OFF THE FLOOR AND MY WIFE WAS TIRED AND I WAS ABOUT TO JUMP ON THE X BOX 360 IN THE LIVING ROOM WHEN I HEARD A BIG SMASHING SOUND I RUSHED IN TO SEE WHAT IT WAS AND THERE WAS MY WIFE BACK DOWN ON THE FLOOR AGAIN I REMOVED THE TOP BED AND EXAMINED THE BED AND I RELIZED THEY DID INFACT RPLACE THE BROKE PART ON THE FRAME EXCEPT ONE PROBELM I PUT THE BROKEN PIECE BACK INTO PLACE AND THE TRUTH WAS STARRING ME IN THE FACE THEY PUT THE SCREW TO FAR THROUGH THE PIECE OF BOARD CAUSING IT TO RECRACK AND THEN KNOWING THAT THE CRACK WAS PRESENT THEY TRIED TO PUT IN ANOTHER SCREW WHICH DIDNT GO INTO TO FAR THE HEAD OF THE SCREW WA S STILL ABOVE THE WOOD LINE INDICATING THAT THEY TRIED TO HOLD THE CRACK TOGETHER WITH THAT OTHER SCREW THEN LEFT WENT BACK TO THE BOSS SAYING I WAS HAPPY WITH THE REPAIR WELL I CALLED THEM PISSED RIGHT OFF AND INSTEAD OF TRYING TO GET ME TO CALM DOWN HE MADE THINGS WORST BY ACCUSING ME OR MY KIDS OF JUMPING ON IT ASSUMING HE KNEW EVERYTHING AND I KNEW NOTHING AT ALL AND IT COMES INTO TO PLAY OF MY ORIGINAL IDEAL OF ME NOT ALLOWING THEM TO PUT THE BED TOGETHER BEING I SAW THIS WITH MY OWN EYES AND WILL STAND MY GROUNDS BASED ON WHAT MY EYES HAD SEEN BEFORE I STARTED USING THE BED HE NEVER ALLOWED ME A CHANCE TO SPEAK AND MADE ME MORE MADDER I CALLED HIM A ### OVER THE PHONE NOW AT THIS POINT IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THER CRAP I REQUESTED THEY TO COME AND GET THE STUFF BECAUSE I WENT TO EASY HOME INSTEAD AND THEY WERE SWIFT WITH EVERYTHING ONE THING DID BREAK ON ME FROM THEM BUT THEY DIDNT ACCUSE ME OR ASSUME I WAS AT FAULT THEY REPLACED MY PC NO QUESTIONS ASKED IVE ALSO BOUGHT MANY THINGS FROM ARRONS AS IS PRODUCTS 800 DOLLARS WORTH ONLY TO END UP IN MY BACK YARD A DAY LATER WELL ANYWAY BACK TO MY STORY I CALLED THEM UP TO HAVE THEM COME GET THERE ### CAUSE I TOLD THEM I HAVE A SMALL HOUSE AND CANT STORE IT ANYWHERE BECAUSE EASY HOMES STUFF WOULD MAKE WALKING INTO MY HOME IMPOSSIBLE MY HOME A IS A 2 BEDROOM VERY TINY HOUSE THAT WE HAVE 5 PEOPLE LIVING IN AT THIS TIME SO SPACE IS VERY LIMITED HERE WELL THE MANAGER REFUSED TO COME OUT TO GET IT RIGHT AWAY MY GUESS WAS HE DIDNT WANT TO REFUND MY MONEY SINCE IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH AND BEFORE THE ### BEGAN I HAD ALLREADY PAYED FOR THAT MONTH SO THATS MY GUESS ON THAT IVE LOST TRACK OF TIME BUT I REMEMBER CALLING ON A THURSDAY TELLING THEM THEY NEED TO PICK THERE STUFF UP AND HE TOLD ME SOMETIME NEXT WEEK THEY COULD GET OUT THERE WTF ... AND I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM FOR A WHILE I CALLED AND COMPLAINED TO ANOTHER STORE WITH LITTLE RESOLVE OTHER THEN THEM TELLING ME WHAT THEY DID TO ME WASNT RIGHT AND I AGREE WITH THEM OK MON I HAD MY BROTHER GIVE THEM A CALL CAUSE I WAS SICK OF TALKING TO THEM AT THIS POINT AND MY BROTHER SWEARS ON HIS LIFE HE TALKED TO THE MANAGER AND HE TOLD MY BROTHER THAT THEY WOULD BE HERE TO PICK IT UP TUESDAY MY BROTHER STATED HE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD THERE TRUCK AT ALL AND THE MANAGER DENIED TALKING TO MY BROTHER SAYING HE ISNT ALLOWED TO TALK WITH ANYONE BUT THE PERSON WHOS ON THE CONTRACT MY BROTHER WAS PISSED OK NOW THERES SOMETHING NOT ADDING UP HERE ISNT THERE THE MANAGER STATED HE CANT DISCUSS BUSINESS WITH ANYONE OTHER THEN ME RIGHT WELL WHY WOULD THEY HAVE CAME IN THE FIRST PLACE HE DID TELL ME THEY WERE OUT HERE TO GET IT BUT I WASNT HERE RIGHT WELL SOMETHINGS WEIRD HERE DID HE JUST STATE THAT HE COULDBT ARRAGE A PICK UP WITHOUT FIRST CONTACTING THE PERSON ON THE CONTRACT? HE ALSO STATED EARLER WHEN I CALLED HIM THAT THURSDAY SAYING SOMETIME THAT WEEK NOT GIVING A SPECIFIC TIME I WONDER RIGHT HE STATED THAT HE DIDNT TALK TO MY BROTHER BIT YET THEY WERE OUT TO GET THE STUFF WHICH IS IN MY FRONT YARD MORE ON THIS IN A MOMENT WE SAW ARRONS TRUCK IN TOWN CANT SAY IT WAS FOR US OR NOT BUT MY GUESS THEY COULDNT FIND THE PLACE WHICH IS HARD TO BELIEVE CONSIDERING THEY DELIVERED NEXT DOOR TO ME LOL AND ALSO DID REPAIRS TO MY BED MY GUESS THEY NEVER CAME THERFORE HE IS LIEING ABOUT THEM COMMING OUT AND DENIED TALKING WITH MY BROTHER IVE TRIED ENDLESSLY FOR THEM TO COME GET THERE STUFF I GOT SICK OF IT AND THREW ALL THERE STUFF OUTSIDE EXCEPT THE THE MATTREST OF THE BED I WAS BEING KIND IT BLOCKED MY SMALL TINY KITCHEN FOR DAYS AND NOW THEY ARE FREAKING OUT SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE ME ARRESTESD AND MAKE ME PAY FOR ALL THE DAMAGES THAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE THE STUFF IS BURIED IN SNOW AND WATER DAMAGED

• Th
    THERE_4_U Feb 18, 2011

I HAVE A BAD PROBLEM WITH ARRONS I ORDERED A BED A FRIDGE AND 5 PIECE THAT CAME WITH THE BED WELL THEY DELIVERED AND I TOLD THEM NOT TO PUT THE BED TOGETHER CAUSE WELL ID LIKE TO SET IT UP THE WAY I WANT TO IN MY ROOM I NOTICED THAT ONE OF THE SMALL BOARDS THE PIECE ON THE SIDE FRAME THAT HOLDS THE BED FROM HITTING THE FLOOR WELL THAT TOWARD THE WOOD FAR RIGHT END HAD A BEND C FORM LOOK TO IT I DIDNT THINK NOTHING OF IT LOOKED STURDY IT HELD FOR A LONG TIME ABOUT A MONTH IF THAT LOL WELL I CALLED ARRONS AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD FIX IT FOR ME WELL I HAD TO RUN AND TAKE MY WIFE TO THE HOSPITAL SHE WAS PREGNANT AND NEEDED HELP WITH YEAST INFECTION SO I WASNT HOME THAT DAY WHEN THEY CAME TO REPAIR IT WELL I CAME HOME THAT NIGHT HAPPY TO SEE MY BED WAS UP OFF THE FLOOR AND MY WIFE WAS TIRED AND I WAS ABOUT TO JUMP ON THE X BOX 360 IN THE LIVING ROOM WHEN I HEARD A BIG SMASHING SOUND I RUSHED IN TO SEE WHAT IT WAS AND THERE WAS MY WIFE BACK DOWN ON THE FLOOR AGAIN I REMOVED THE TOP BED AND EXAMINED THE BED AND I RELIZED THEY DID INFACT RPLACE THE BROKE PART ON THE FRAME EXCEPT ONE PROBELM I PUT THE BROKEN PIECE BACK INTO PLACE AND THE TRUTH WAS STARRING ME IN THE FACE THEY PUT THE SCREEN TO FAR THROUGH THE PIECE OF BOARD CAUSING IT TO RECRACK AND THEN KNOWING THAT THE CRACK WAS PRESENT THEY TRIED TO PUT IN ANOTHER SCREW WHICH DIDNT GO INTO TO FAR THE HEAD OF THE SCREW WA S STILL ABOVE THE WOOD LINE INDICATING THAT THEY TRIED TO HOLD THE CRACK TOGETHER WITH THAT OTHER SCREW THEN LEFT WENT BACK TO THE BOSS I WAS HAPPY WITH THE REPAIR WELL I CALLED THEM PISSED RIGHT OFF AND INSTEAD OF TRYING TO GET ME TO CALM DOWN HE MADE THINGS WORST BY ACCUSING ME OR MY KIDS OF JUMPING ON IT ASSUMING HE KNEW EVERYTHING AND I KNEW NOTHING AT ALL AND IT COMES INTO TO PLAY OF MY ORIGINAL IDEAL OF ME NOT ALLOWING THEM TO PUT THE BED TOGETHER BEING I SAW THIS WITH MY OWN EYES AND WILL STAND MY GROUNDS BASED ON WHAT MY EYES HAD SEEN BEFORE I STARTED USING THE BED HE NEVER ALLOWED ME A CHANCE TO SPEAK AND MADE ME MORE MADDER I CALLED HIMA ### OVER THE PHONE NOW AT THIS POINT IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THER CRAP I REQUESTED THEY TO COME AND GET THE STUFF BECAUSE I WENT TO EASY HOME INSTEAD AND THEY WERE SWIFT WITH EVERYTHING ONE THING DID BREAK ON ME FROM THEM BUT THEY DIDNT ACCUSE ME OR ASSUME I WAS AT FAULT THEY REPLACED MY PC NO QUESTIONS ASKED IVE ALSO BOUGHT MANY THINGS FROM ARRONS AS IS PRODUCTS 800 DOLLARS WORTH ONLY TO END UP IN MY BACK YARD A DAY LATER WELL ANYWAY BACK TO MY STORY I CALLED THEM UP TO HAVE THEM COME GET THERE ### CAUSE I TOLD THEM I HAVE A SMALL HOUSE AND CANT STORE IT ANYWHERE BECAUSE EASY HOMES STUFF WOULD MAKE WALKING INTO MY HOME IMPOSSIBLE MY HOME A IS A 2 BEDROOM VERY TINY HOUSE THAT WE HAVE 5 PEOPLE LIVING IN AT THIS TIME SO SPACE IS VERY LIMITED HERE WELL THE MANAGER REFUSED TO COME OUT TO GET IT RIGHT AWAY MY GUESS WAS HE DIDNT WANT TO REFUND MY MONEY SINCE IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH AND BEFORE THE ### BEGAN I HAD ALLREADY PAYED FOR THAT MONTH SO THATS MY GUESS ON THAT THE PICK UP DELIVERY IVE LOST TRACK OF TIME BUT I REMEMBER CALLING ON A THURSDAY TELLING THEM THEY NEED TO PICK THERE STUFF UP AND HE TOLD ME SOMETIME NEXT WEEK WE CAN GET OUT THERE WTF ... AND I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM FOR A WHILE I CALLED A COMPLAINED TO ANOTHER STORE WITH LITTLE RESOLVE OTHER THEN THEM TELLING ME WHAT THEY DID TO ME WASNT RIGHT AND I AGREE WITH THEM OK MON I HAD MY BROTHER GIVE THEM A CALL CAUSE I WAS SICK OF TALKING TO THEM AT THIS POINT AND MY BROTHER SWEARS ON HIS LIFE HE TALKED TO THE MANAGER AND HE TOLD MY BROTHER THAT THEY WOULD BE HERE TO PICK IT UP MY BROTHER STATED HE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD THERE TRUCK AT ALL AND THE MANAGER DENIED TALKIGN TO MY BROTHER SAYING HE ISNT ALLOWED TO TALK WITH ANYONE BUT THE PERSON WHOS ON THE CONTRACT MY BROTHER WAS PISSED OK NOW THERES SOMETHIGN NOT ADDING UP HERE ISNT THERE YOU BET YOUR ### HE STATED HE CANT DISCUSS BUSINESS WITH ANYONE OTHER THEN ME RIGHT WELL WHY WOULD THEY HAVE CAME IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN TO PICK UP THERE STUFF REMEBER HE STATED THAT HE DIDNT TALK TO MY BROTHER WE SAW ARRONS TRUCK IN TOWN CANT SAY IT WAS FOR US OR NOT BUT MY GUESS THEY COULDNT FIND THE PLACE WHICH IS HARD TO BELIEVE CONSIDERING THEY DELIVERED NEXT DOOR TO ME LOL AND ALSO DID REPAIRS TO MY BED MY GUESS THEY NEVER CAME THERFORE HE IS LIEING ABOUT THEM COMMING OUT AND DENIED TALKING WITH MY BROTHER IVE TRIED ENDLESSLY FOR THEM TO COME GET THERE STUFF I GOT SICK OF IT AND THREW ALL THERE ### OUTSIDE EXCEPT THE THE MATTREST OF THE BED I WAS BEING KIND IT BLOCKED MY SMALL TINY KITCHEN FOR DAYS AND NOW THEY ARE FREAKING OUT SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE ME ARRESTESD AND MAKE ME PAY FOR ALL THE DAMAGES THAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE THE STUFF IS NOW BURIED IN SNOW LOL

• Am
    AMO10 Nov 30, 2010

Hi Ms. Hurst, I work with RAC and I’m sorry to read about your experience. It is against our policy to harass customers by calling too early or late – or when a payment is not due. If you cannot resolve this issue with your store, please contact Customer Support at [protected] so they can get your account details and escalate the issue. Thank you for being our customer!

• Ms
    Ms hurst Nov 24, 2010

I have been an excellent paying customer and my payments were always due on a Saturday. No Problem. Out of the blue my payments became due on a Tuesday. I still paid as a good customer would do. I was late only once and ever since, I have been getting phone calls from this store. Once I called in my late payment, I spoke w/ a Maurice, who advised me the payment will be due the following Saturday 27th then he called my phone back and left a message the payment will be due the 30th {which I kept the recording}. On Tuesday, I get a phone call I spoke to an associate at the Moultrie store and he was saying that he see my payments where due on Saturday and he did not understand, to call and speak w/ management at another store, whic I have no issues w/ this other store. I did speak w/ management and he did assist me and moved my payments back to Saturdays. Well, today is Wednesday and now I am receiving phone calls from Maurice, telling me it's the holidays and they are trying to get there payments in. I do not wish to be bothered when my payment is not due yet. I have never received courtesy calls from this store until this 1 late payment and I wish they will stop.