Complaints & Reviews

harassment of children

Please dont buy from Aaron's Sales & Lease. I leased from them in 2002 at the Lancaster, S.C. store. Paid off three items. I have made it known to them every month I have two disable sons and I am at dr. or hospital alot. They may not hear from me for days, but I will always pay my payment before the other payment is due. The day after due date they start calling, harassing my children by telling them they are coming to get our furniture. They upset my children and get them crying. This is very unprofessional business.

• Ca
    Carlos Gonzales Oct 04, 2007

### you go pay your bills first

Charles Oct 11, 2007

I was employed with AARONS and disgusted with their collection techniques. The stores got in trouble with the Texas Attorney General and placed on probation. They still don't get the message , and continued with their previous behavior , even collecting on Sunday!

Sara Jones Jan 06, 2008

I was employed at this exact Aaron's for almost a year. I quit in November 2007.

I know from working there, that as long as you call and let them know when you are going to be in to make your payment, they will put in a "promise" for that date which lets them know not to call until that date has passed. Granted, you may have told them about your situation, but you can't expect them to remember. We had over nine hundred active customers when I left. As long as you call and aren't trying to ### them over...there is a lot that they can do for you. Usually if you pay within the month, or before your NEXT due date, you are good. They can also rewrite your agreement or give you a service extension. Communication is key, and if you don't communicate with Aaron's about where you are as far as your payment goes every month (before you're late), then that interferes with the business relationship. There are too many people that go into Aaron's, pick out a 73" HDILA, make one payment, and then move states away...never to be heard from again. You can't expect for Aaron's to just know you're going to come in...it's all about communication.

Sara Jones Jan 06, 2008

And about your children, my sales manager told a customer's son once that he had a piece of ### father and that they were going to have to buy a cooler after he comes to pick up their fridge. They don't care.

• Ah
    Ahole Jul 22, 2008

You should never have agreed on a contract to repay if you are so STUPID! They have to be partially to blame for being dumb enough to let you have the stuff anyway. YOUR PROBLEMS ARE NOT THEIRS, GET OFF YOUR LAZY @SS AND PAY YOUR FRIGGIN BILLS U MAGGOTT!

horrible customer service!

I have worked in the customer service field for 10 years and never had I experienced what I experienced with Aarons furniture general manager named Keith. This store is located in Columbia South Carolina on 2 notch road. I recently gave birth to a baby, I work full time and attend graduate school full time. My computer blew up so I needed another one in a hurry. My appointment time was suppose to be from 1-5. My computer wasn't delivered until 6:30. I understand things happen. But it would have made sense to call me and let me know they would be delivering the merchandise late. I called three times that day and no one informed me the delivery man ran into complications and would be late. I wanted to voice how dissatisfied I was with the service. I only have 2 days off. With this two day i need to take care of bills, buy groceries ect. the general manage informed me that I shouldn't have called and I must have been expecting a problem. He is an complete idiot! How can someone like that be a general manager. After this, I will NEVER, I mean NEVER get anything from Aarons. I will also inform everyone I know about their terrible customer service. If I didn't need to finish my paper for school and wasn't pressed for time to get my daughter I would have canceled the order. I HATE AARONS!!!

• Ca
    casey Nov 21, 2008

I also had a very simmular experience with Aaron's. I recieved a call from the store letting me know i was 2 days late on my payment. I told the Manager named Sheila in Payson, Az. that I am sorry I am a single mother who works full time and attends college full time and raises a 2 year old alone, I must have just let it slip my mind. She then accused me of being "STUPID" and said that since I was 2 days late, I obviously couldn't add!!! This woman was the rudest person I have ever dealt with on a professional level. I have worked in the customer service field before and at any one of my jobs if I had ever spoken that way to a customer I would have been fired on the spot. I guess aarons just trains their people to be rude, unconsiderate, and childish. I WILL NEVER DO BUSSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY EVER EVER AGAIN!!! I suggest you don't either or you will be in for a rude AWAKENING!

SANDRA RODRIGUEZ1422 Dec 10, 2010

I leased a sectional from Aarons. I’ve been making payments on them for about 18 months. I was late this month, so a young lady calls my home being extremely rude as if I was a criminal that tried to rob them. I told her that this month was a bit hard for me and that I couldn’t come up with the payment for a couple of day. She tells me that it sounds like a personal problem so I ask to speak to the manager. She tells me how she is going to have her "guys" pick it up in five minutes. When she transferred the call over, the manager picks up and says "yes?” I asked his name and he turns around and says "well you asked to speak to me, you know who I am". Wow!! How rude can they be? Well I know we were back and forth because I couldn’t make the payment on time. He tells me on how that’s not there problem and I should go and burrow the money from someone to make the payment. All of a sudden there were all these new rules and regulations that they were trying to re-enforce on me. (Mind you, I only have about three months left to pay the sofas off). They kept threatening me on how the stuff is still there’s and they can come and pick it u whenever they want. He made it his business to say how he runs that whole Aarons store and everyone has problems, but that is none of his business. I let them know about their attitude. I don’t know how they let people like that deal with customers. I financed a Mercedes Benz, if I was to be late on the payment, guess what? It’s a 40K car, and they don’t treat me like that. AARONS HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! That will be the first and last time I will ever purchase something from them!!! I will make sure to tell everyone!!!

Sandra RODRIGUEZ

SANDRA RODRIGUEZ1422 Dec 10, 2010

Oh, . It was in their Perth Amboy NJ location. Keep in mind, its better to purchase cash in this situation, your actually paying triple the amount for something that could have been payed off with maybe one months salary or less.

poor service!

We rented a TV, had been paying for 3 months, then on Labor Day weekend, we took off on a trip to look at...

very rude customer service!

I leased a 52 inch hd tv. It became blurry I ask for it to be fixed. They replaced it with a 48 inch and I should have gotten the same tv. Before dark the tv tore up it had so many lines that you could not see it. I called and they brought me a 52 inch this time. This was on may 9 2007. They said three weeks to fix it. When I call to check on it they talk to me like I have never been talked to by a business. They have very rude people that work there. Every time you call they have let the person go I talked to last. Take this matter serious because your store in Seneca will not be opened long. Sharonda, the manager is very very rude she want listen to me she wants to do all the talking.

My number is [protected].

Patsy Jane Couch

made up a bogus reason for keeping my over payment

I made a payment of $160.00 on 5/21/07 which included $12.82 in late fee's. I wrote an even amount out provided that the $9.16 will be adjusted to my next payment. But to my surprise the money was deducted from me. I was told it was for "in house pickup" in other words the company allegedly came to my house to remove my furniture and there was no answer. Remind you no notice was left at my residence indicating that this took affect. It just so happen this amount was exactly my balance left over. My bill was due on 5/15/07, only six days late and I paid the late fee's. I will never purchase from this company ever again. I will pay my remaining balance because I agreed to. Under no certainty did I agree to be taken advantage of.

most annoying customer service i've ever experienced

This store has the rudest and most annoying customer service I've ever experienced. There is no communication between the employees, so therefore i get harassed day & night, and have to repeatedly explain my payment plan to people who are to lazy to look up your account.

The last face to face encounter i had with these people was very rude & extremely insulting. The manager and a sales man both argued with me about my payment, which i was right about, in a barrage of insults and patronizations. I don't recommend this location to anyone unless you want to harassed by phone,at work, at home and don't mind paying their scam of late charges that don't exist in even their contracts. The worst though is being talked to like a stupid piece of trash.

• Sc
    scoobrojess Feb 07, 2011

I previously had a problem with the store but the regional manager fixed the issue as soon as he found out.

very bad quality furniture!

My boyfriend and I are leasing a love seat, couch, tables and lambs from Aarons furniture store in Tacoma...

Resolved rude treatment!

I feel that AAron's has been very evasive and non-cooperative and the worst thing was that I have been...