5/3 Bank — horrible service
I have had a horrible experience with Fifth Third and would only recommend them as a last option. My experience began with them 3 years ago. A year into our relationship their business advisors informed me of business option they could offer me to help facilitate my international business. Six months later I had two German clients ready to utilize this option using two different well known and respected German banks. Fifth Third's incompetent employees lied to me and a VP called me telling me that they could not provide the service. What!? It cost my firm $20, 000 and two large clients. This was the biggest shortcoming and most important. On an everyday basis that any user can and probably will experience:
1) An ATM that reported paying out $400 when nothing was paid out. The camera and money count can confirm it. I immediately tried calling but there is no one that can help you until Monday. What!? Monday I was informed it was a common problem with that ATM. It took 1 week for them to correct it. Not next day. Top notch service.
2) Two ATMs at one bank and both not working. Top not service again.
3) Teller is not fluent in English. Asked to have a certified check made out to Diana xxxxxxx. Was asked to write it down. I sad it is five letters. And slowly sad each clearly with proper enunciation. She still did not understand. I am first generation so I understand the difficulties for immigrants and make a point of being open minded and helpful. This to me is unacceptable for someone in her position. This is America and such inability is unacceptable unless we want this country to degrade.
4) $3500 check deposit from a company whose check is deposited twice a month. Three days later took out $500 and was informed $3000 was available by ATM receipt. Fourth day went in to office to withdraw $2000. Was first informed manager's computer was not working properly so had to call other office. Other office computer was not working properly so they could not read the check. Then manager tells me that I had to wait another week for check to clear. What!?
It is sadly becoming common knowledge that checks can bounce a year out.
I have never seen worse service from a bank.
These are personal experiences over several years.
If you want to deal with such problems, incompetence, and inconveniences then risk your money with this bank. Otherwise I recommend you avoid this firm at all costs.
More 5/3 Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service!
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info)
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice
- Fifth Third Bank - new here:)
- Fifth Third Bank - stealing money through overdraft fees!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory fees and deposit blocks on business checking
- Fifth Third Bank - total disregard of customers
- Fifth Third - lien release