2005 Kia Sedonamini van is worthless-please record this

K Review updated:

I am a disabled veteran, having served my country in Desert Storm 1990 to 91. I WAS proud also to purchase my family what I thought was a very safe automobile brand new from Kia. Three years later it is a complete nightmare. Beside the fact that the Kia Sedona has not held it's value at all and now I am so upside down that I cannot get another car due to Kia not holding up to value standards, and although my vehicle is a 2005 it qualifies for the cash for clunker program but there is no way that will cover my loan. This kia mini van has been in the shop four times since May of 2009 this is August of 2009. I have talked to the kia parts department because it is the same problem everytime; something has to be wrong with the parts and it needs a recall. The electrical fuse of somesort continues to short out the coil in the compressor unit in the van. I guess this situation will last forever. I hate my mini van it is a nightmare that will not soon be over. I think it is funny when you call the company they tell you this conversation is being recorded. I wish I could tell the owner how bad his product is. I have never seen a vehicle that has the same problem every two weeks which is an additional $250.00 on top of the payment for a worthless car. At this point I could have afforded an Escalade. I guess the next thing I can do is call my local news channel in Oklahoma City and give Kia a little bad news since every day with this Kia is a bad day for me.

• Am
    Amber Aug 31, 2006

I bought a brand new 2005 Kia Sedona on January 3rd 2006. The van started having break problems at 2700 miles. It has been serviced 5 times. It is on its way back in a couple of days. They have no idea what is wrong. I also have know idea how to go about dealing with this.

Wife and mother of three,
    Amber

• Br
    Brad Dec 16, 2006

I bought a brand new 2005 Kia Sedona in October of 2005 and the brake pads have already worn out! It has < 20k miles. They go fast too. One day, the little metal tabs that squeal when it's time to change the brakes go off, the next day, the grinding of metal on metal. This has earned the van the nickname "Ol' Grindy". I also purchased a 2005 Kia Optima at the same time and it has almost 30k miles on it and the brake pads are in good condition and are not yet ready to be replaced.

• Xe
    XenoMiang Aug 07, 2009

I understand frustrations with cars, I've had my fair share. But what I don't understand is what you having served in Desert Storm has anything to do with the problems with your car? It doesn't add validity to your argument or anything.

Other than that point, I've had friends who have loved their Kia's and those who have had problems with them. Sometimes it's a lose/lose situation especially when it comes to cars, you fcan never tell down the road what's going to happen. I don't feel you going to the news will do anything though, unfortunately you are just one person complaining about your faulty vehicle. That would be like me going to a local news station here complaining about the problems I have with my car, which I know they wouldn't take any notice to.

• Ni
    Nightsong1501 May 23, 2011

I understand your frustration. I also have a 2005 Kia Sadona that won't pass inspection for the second time. I thought I had the problem fixed last year but again this year the same problem has accured. I probably not be so up set if I didn't still owe $10, 000.00 no one should have to go though a problem over and over again. I could understand may be one catalytic convertor failing but all of them at one time is really heart breaking. I have ran out of money. I can't afford to keep this car and I can't trade it in due to condition of the car. Being that the situation is a lose to me, I am writing the attonery general and letting them know what kind of lemons Kia is making or have made. I will annouce on this in the news paper and on face book, twitter, etc... to let the world know not to buy a Kia car. That is a Promise.

Mazen hamdan Apr 15, 2019

I bought a brand new kia Sportage model 2011 from kia show room in Lebanon in 2011.
    Now I have to replace the engine without any notifications. Water started to mix with oil suddenly. I was doing the regular check every 5000 KM. Only done 65000KM.
    Please advise, why and what to do.
    Regular service was done with trusted workshop not in kia

• Mr
    Mrs Corderoy Apr 27, 2019

I have now been without my car for 5 weeks as Kia service department cannot fox my car as their MASTER TECHNICIAN can't find what's wrong with it are these technician mechanics? Absolutely terrible service no manager available to take to and no one getting back to be ... no Curtesy car available or offered will never be using Kia again !

• Yo
    you think May 14, 2019

Gotten this car only for 7-8 months. 1800km mileage. And the censor went wrong. we only drive it occasionally. The car jerking when I release accelerator. During pumping oil, suddenly got a loud noise. It showing yellow auto hold. Epb is on.
    No confident in kia anymore

• Ge
    Geohrist Jun 02, 2019

hi i own kia sportage 2012...few days ago had problem with dash gear lights, they dont work, cruze control do not work and the downhill assistance button lights red...can you tell me what is the problem?

• Ju
    Julie Skelton Jul 06, 2019

I own a white pearl 2014 Sorento paint is peeling off around wind shield and hood . 66, 000 miles on mt car. No where else is the paint coming off.

• Mo
    Mohammad Alhosaini Aug 25, 2019

Dear Kia, I Have Problem With My Kia Carnival 2011 and No One Know Solution, sound When Start Engine Same Like In This Video, Please Help Which Part I Need to Replace.
    Thanks

[email protected]
    +966566696433

• Kh
    Khaled mamdouh amer Aug 28, 2019

For more than 20 days ago, my grand cerato 2019 had friction noise in steering wheel and after the inspection my car from the kia egypt engineer that informed me my car need steering wheel spare part And till now I didn't have any update from kia egypt and when I called them didn't reply with any update unfortunately my car doesn't exceed 12000km

SashaRogers Sep 02, 2019

I'm pretty sure that my wiring in my car is defective. It constantly causes my headlights and taillights to go out which is completely dangerous. In the past 3 weeks I've replaced my bulbs 4 times and last week I recieved a ticket for defective equipment.

mary mazzie Sep 07, 2019

I purchased a kia in 2018, it is a lemon!!! i need a different car asap! I have been putting tooo much money into it, headache!

• Pr
    Prabhakaran Mangaleswaran Sep 24, 2019

Booking ID: B201900162. We booked a car on 31.7.19 and was promised delivery by the 1st week of September. It has been almost 1 month and no information shared from your sales team. We have payed the full amount and still have no information about the vehicle or commitment of your services.

• Na
    Nawawi6353 Sep 28, 2019

...i have a 2008 kia sportage novus. The gear sport mode no longer functioning, otherwise everything else is still ok. I just want to know where in the world can i get hold of a set of kia sportage gear knob assembly..& how do i get it? Pls help..
    Nawawi of Shah Alam, Malaysia.

• Ra
    Rajesh Sharma1 Oct 07, 2019

I was promised to deliver my car last month which I booked on 10-8-2019. My booking serial number is 5 as per receipt attached. Customer who booked car after me got Vehicle. I m very much disappointed and want to cancel my booking. I booked my car Shelton in Mandi HP.

• Ji
    Jiju Varhese Oct 12, 2019

I paid booking ant for seltos to shreenath motors Andheri.. If Kia cannot honour or expedite deliveries on time then refund my booking amount. This attitude shows that company has no value for its customers.

• At
    atul airon Oct 12, 2019

This Is Inform That I Booked A Seltos Htk+ White Diesel At Mahelka Kia, Meerut On 27/09/19 .They Confirm Me Vehicle Delivery On 10/10/19.Now They Are Refusing Here Words. Whatever Story Is That I Want Vehicle On 10/10/19! Kindly this issue asap ! Provide asm number so I will contact him/her !

• He
    Heba Salem Nov 03, 2019

I can't reach any numbers for car maintenance for the last two days, very bad service, most of the numbers on the internet is not updated and not correct, I appreciate getting back to me at your earliest

• Ak
    Akshay Agarwal Nov 05, 2019

I have a GTXplus kia seltos. Brought it few days back. Facing problem with the transmission of the car.

• Mr
    Mrhunter Nov 17, 2019

I have kia cerato 2015 which I bought brand new and it's still under warranty, but the color of the body is gone. Kia must work with the body color. Now I have no idea what I must do? Is it covered under warranty or not?

• Do
    Dolores Davis Nov 23, 2019

Car burning oil. Burning quart per week. No visible leaks. Car has 77, 000+ miles. I have oil changed regularly and have done required maintenance. Recently check engine light came on. I took it reputable mechanic only pint oil.
    Dealership Visalia, Ca. USA where I purchased offering zero help or solutions.
    I am becoming afraid to drive car.

• Di
    Dipesh talreja Dec 14, 2019

I have booked my car kia seltos on 5 september till now i haven't got the delivery. I was committed delivery will be given till 7 October. Your staff is pathetic they dont reply on text. Unprofessional staff and cheaters you have kept in your company. Simply looting people. Tried of calling your staff again and again

• Ne
    Nethin Rajendran Dec 25, 2019

I have booked Seltos HTK on November 3rd. Member from Kia confirmed me that the car would be delivered within 45 days "maximum" before December 2nd week. Now when i ask them for an update, they are telling me that car would be delivered only in 2020 and I will have to pay additional amount according to the price hike. Take action against this.

• Su
    susan self Mar 03, 2020

it is bad when my car falls under your bad motor and they wont fix it cause it has about 160, 000 miles on it so i will make sure everyone knows about it. ya sell a car foe 15, 000 thousand to 20, 000 thousand dollars and it dont even get 250, 000 thousand or more on it and i will complain and talk to mt lawyers about this