1and1.comunauthorized charges

I

I signed up for the basic 2.95 domain. When I printed their bill it said 17.95. I had also signed up for norton, which I didn't want. So I immediately cancelled. I tried calling but they only work m-f 9to5, so I emailed and told them to cancel, they did and sent me a cancellation verification email. Luckily I saved it. Anyway.. .1month later I went to my bank and they had waited 30 days to put thru a charge, so I took my cancellation to the bank and they reversed the charge and closed my account. Now 1 yr later may 2009 I get this dirty letter from nco financial saying I owe 24.95 to 1&1 internet service. They refused to remove the collection until they investigate. I can't believe what a scam this company has going on. I'm turning it over to the iowa attorney general's office and the fed trade commission isn't anyone monitoring these online scavengers and the collection low lifes?? Where's our gov when we need them??

• Yu
    Yuli Rosiana Apr 05, 2021

I just got a notification from my bank that they temporarily suspends my credit card because of the usage to this website.

I think I saw $1 for first 12 months promotion, which was interesting to me, but I didn't even finish my registration nor agreed to use their service due to bad feeling.

Beware, this is so fishy.

• Di
    Disappointed3333 Apr 16, 2016

I have unauthorized charges on my credit card from 1and1.com and I am NOT a customer. When I called them to rectify, they said they could not help because I do not have an account to reference the charges from, regardless that I have the bank transaction numbers. Blatant fraud and theft. I now have to go through my bank to file fraud charges & get a new card. Horrible service, illegal practices, & business ethics. AVOID! (I wish I could have)

• Cr
    craig andreotta Mar 22, 2016

Over the past week I have had 4 domains come due for renewal...Each time, I have gone into the control panel and checked to NOT have the domain renew...and EACH OF THOSE TIMES MY CHARGE CARD WAS CHARGED FOR THE RENEWAL! I believe 1and1 intentionally makes it difficult to cancel or stop the renewal of your domain and intentionally processes your charge despite your instructions!
    The Attorney General's office should investigate this company for their charge practices...Please don't get me wrong, I had been a happy 1and1 customer for years but try and leave them and you will find out how unscrupulous they can really be. So now each time I had to spend my time calling the company, waiting on hold, speaking to an agent to review my subscription, then another agent to process my refund...and now I have to wait 3-5 business days to get the money they should never taken have back to me! I am only 1 customer, multiply that by the thousands of customers who won't be so diligent in reviewing their bank statements, won't spend the extra effort and valuable time to call 1and1 and you can see how profitable for 1and1 this billing process can be! I am so glad to be moving my domains to another service provider who can act honorably.