Menu
Zulily
reviews & complaints

Zulily
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

156 complaints
21 resolved 135 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zulily. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
12:01 pm

Zulily - "original price" claims

Zulily,

As a customer, who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars a year on Zulily, in the past, I am writing you today to caution you, as a company, so that you don't turn off paying customers, like myself. I write this letter in love for Zulily, and also because I am compelled as a human to say something when I see something that may be misleading, or dishonest, by a person or company, either by mistake or on purpose.

As a human being, I hold honesty above all else. I would implore you, as a company, to also do the same. As I paying customer. I would humbly say to you that being careful about being honest, or NOT MISLEADING, is MUCH more important to me then a great sale, any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

As a Zulily customer in the past, I have often checked your prices, the prices you often print in black on your website or app that are crossed out as being, or claiming to be, the ORIGINAL PRICE of the item, or as your lawyer or company would say probably the SUGGESTED original price. The crossed out price in black sits next to your sale price in red. Often, it is very hard to check, or verify, your companies claim on "Original Price", as often the items you are selling are not in stock anymore on the brand item's website (for example NEVE), or the brand item's website is actually a non-English website (for example NIFE), or some items aren't sold via e-commerce, and many other reasons.

Now, let's not forget to mention, in Zulily's defense, all the factor's that could AFFECT the "original price", as stated or suggested by your website. First, I am a Canadian, so I always take into consideration the exchange rate, if the item is not sold on a Canadian website. Secondly, one must be able to find out and verify the original price on said Canadian website, and that the said item, was available to the open public for purchase, at that same price. Something else I must mention, is that I am fully aware that almost everthing in the world is sold, at any price, and we have EBAY and AMAZON to thank for this. For example, a movie on ebay will be for sale at a price anywhere between, $2.99 and $19, 999.00, for the exact same movie. Or for example, the same lug bag can be for sale on Amazon for anywhere between $77.00 and $366.00.

So, let's take that last example of lug bags, and expand on that. Now, if I was an honest company, and not misleading, I would NOT look to EBAY.ca or AMAZON.ca to find my "original price" to post on my website and app for my Canadian customers under your optional Canadian currency side, or the Canadian currency umbrella of your website. No, if I was an honest company, I would look to Luglife Canada, THEIR CANADIAN e-commerce website, the HOME of Lug bags in Canada, for my "original price"! You guys are NOT doing this! More egregiously, if you are OUTRAGEOUS enough as a company to look for an "original price" in a different country other then Canada, for customers who have clicked on the Canadian side of your website, you should let them know! THEN, worse yet, if you are outrageous enough to convert an "original price" found in a DIFFERENT country, back into Canadian dollars, I would definitely make this known on my website, if I was an honest company! AND NOT IN FINE PRINT. OR, also just as bad, are you getting your "original prices" from BRICK AND MORTAR boutiques that also MAY sell LUG BAGS, therefore searching Canada high and low for the smallest, most expensive, BRICK AND MORTOR boutique price, then advertising that as the "original price" on your E-COMMERCE website?

Here is a documented example of how atrocious your company is at finding and identifying the "original price" for items as stated on your website and app, once clicking on Canadian currency. Canadian public, chew on this! This morning, on March 24, 2016, WEEKENDER Lug bags were advertised on Zulily for purchase, claiming the "original price" was between $190.00 and $200.00. This is offensive to me, not to mention misleading and dishonest. I personally own many, many, weekender lug bags, some purchased from Luglife Canada, HOME of the Candaian LUG BAG and the original price for the WEEKENDER LUG bag in any color has been $129.00 CA as long as I have been purchasing from them and as far as I know. WHERE DOES ZULILY GET THE "ORIGINAL PRICE" OF BETWEEN $190.00 AND $200.00? It doesn't matter that your sale price on this Lug bag is worse today then the sale price today on Lug life Canada as you guys can advertise whatever sale you want, but don't insult our intelligence by egregiously stating "OUT OF THIS WORLD" original prices.

This is OUTRAGEOUS and makes me believe something I have wondered for a long time. Zulily cannot be trusted. I would rather be able to trust a company, then get a good sale.

Sincerely,

Your former customer

L
9:22 am

Zulily - horrible quality!

I was so disappointed when I received my items. I ordered two bras and one dress from Zulily. Items I received were of a poor quality, the material was absolutely rubbish. I ordered bigger size, but everything I got was way to small for me. I wanted to take everything with me on my honeymoon! Also the website claimed bras were 80% silk, but there is no way that fabric was silk! I have silk clothing, and this clothing feels like a cheap garbage bag. I'm extremely disappointed! I'll never order anything from them again!

1 comment
E
Jun 05, 2016 4:46 pm

I too had to return a top that was supposed to be a plus size 2 for $34.94. When it came the fit was smaller for a plus size 2. It took more than two weeks to get a return mailing label, I then promptly mailed it back. Then I had to contact to see why I hadn't been issued a credit, was informed that I was issued a store credit in the amount of $29.99. All I wanted was my money back and would have considered making another purchase, now I'm been forced to continue dealing with this company. Who may I say has very poor customer service. I'm a senior citizen and feel that I have been taken advantage of. I shop online quite frequently and have never run into a problem. So as a result I'll be letting my friends know about my experience with ZULILY. They don't stand behind their merchandise and the material was rather shoddy too.

5:22 am

Zulily - very disappointed

I ordered a lovely necklace from Zulily as a gift. When I received it I was extremely disappointed with the quality, it was very poorly made and arrived broken. So I immediately contacted customer care, sent them pictures and asked for help. Their rep was really nice and polite, but absolutely unhelpful. He promised to call me back later. When he did I was told that there was nothing they could do, and offered me a discount on my next order. Well, that's better than nothing, but I guess I will never use it. I don't want to spend my money on poor quality products.

E
9:02 am

Zulily - trying to close my account!

I purchased some things from Zulily but wasn't impressed. Everything I received was of a poor quality and some items were even damaged. So I decided to say goodbye to Zulily and asked them to close my account. They said my account would be closed within 48 hours, well, that never happened. I've been sending them messages for past month asking them to close my account literally every day! This is absolutely unacceptable! I just want my account closed! What's wrong with these guys? Horrible.

3:37 am

Zulily - poor quality

I ordered cute shoes from Zulily and when they finally arrived I was very disappointed with my purchase. The quality was great, shoes looked exactly the same as it was shown on their website, but the size was incorrect and the shoes did not fit. I decided to return the shoes and contacted Zulily customer service. After several messages and phone calls they agreed to take them back. I was told that I have to pay the postage if I want to return them. They promised to send me a return label, but it's been 10 days now and still nothing. I'll never order anything again.

3:04 am

Zulily - shipping is not free!

I ordered some items from Zulily and did not receive anything yet. Their website also said that shipping is free, but when I checked my credit card statement it showed that I was charged a shipping fee. I tried to contact customer service and sent them several messages. But every time I received the same computer generated reply! I checked the website again and no where did it state any particulars, just "free shipping". Too bad I did not read some reviews before ordering. If I did, I wouldn't have made an order. I am so angry and It's extremely frustrating writing emails only to keep getting the same replies. I really hate this company! Don't order anything from this site, save your money and time.

2:40 pm

Zulily - unethical behavior/ rip off

Buyer beware - I placed an order with Zulily (my first) received damaged product and they gave me a store credit. I placed another order, however, when I noticed the order wasn't even supposed to ship until Jan 19th, I asked to have it cancelled on Jan 10. They promptly sent me an airbill that was created but had no activity and said it had already shipped. They jumped through hoops to get the delivery moved up and had it shipped two days later directly from the manufacturer (remember I asked to cancel my order on the 10th). Jan 14, I asked them to just credit me for the remaining items because I don't care to do business with a company who operates in this manner. I was told sure thing and I would see a credit on my CC in 3-5 business days. Jan 21 No credit on the CC, so I call to follow up. Their rep Delena said there are no notes regarding my call on the 14th and my order was mostly store credit anyway so they won't issue a credit to me. Again, the store credit is from my first order where I received damaged jeans that looked to be factory seconds. So, I'm steaming and call back one more time (cause this is such fun) and give them one more chance..and speak to Lori this time. She informs me that if I wanted a refund, I would have to have requested it be done on my initial transaction. This is not noted anywhere on their web site, nor was I offered this option on my multiple calls. She said she would issue the credit and send me an email confirmation within 5 minutes. Still waiting on that confirmation 2 hours later. I spent appx $171 at this business and a lot of frustration over the cancelled product that I haven't received. NEVER again. I had to filed a dispute with my CC. I should have looked them up on the internet first.

9:53 am

Zulily - this company is ridiculous!

I wish I would have read the reviews before to ordering from Zulily. Nowhere on their website does it say it could take weeks before your order is processed. And had no idea that shipping would tae months! I purchased some things back in November and yet received nothing! Where are my items? When I decided cancelling the order I only saw something about being able to cancel within the first 30 minutes! I contacted Zulily customer service and was told that they don't give refunds! They offered me a store credit! Why would I want a store credit? I need my money or my items! I so upset and so extremely angry! This company is ridiculous and unprofessional!

3:43 pm

Zulily - order

I ordered a total of 4 items and after a month of waiting i contacted their delivery service, on trac, requesting a delivery update and i only did this after talking to 3 different reps for zulily who insisted they were shipped. Then i emailed on trac again and then i called and they said they have never received the merchandise from zulily. So icalled again (#5) and with further research by ths rep, on trac was right, zulily never shipped the order because they didn't even have it in their warehouse. Now they offered me a refund and i wanted a full refund including my shipping charges...I got it...And then they offered a credit for any new puchase, so i respectfully turned it down and said with such verbal force, "you lied to me, why would i do business with you ever again?" and i won't ! and ths bogus company wants to do business with the likes of qvc...Lol

8:34 am

Zulily - scam!

I ordered four pairs of boots on this site. I received my items and I must say quality is great. They have very nice prices and items. But then I began receiving emails stating that I had bought some expensive items and did not paid. I checked my bank account and realized they charged me for over $200. They added 15 items to my basket and took my money! I called them first thing in the morning. I closed my account and demanded a full refund. Customer service agent told he'll see what can be done. He promised to call me back within 2 days. Well, it's almost a week since then. I called again and they said the same thing. Very bad situation. I really liked my new boots and would have ordered something else. But I won't be purchasing from them again.

2:36 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After ordering and receiving 2 very nice pair of boots from Zulily.com. I began getting emails from them about items that I had not ordered and they were put on my credit card. I discovered these emails at 2 am after 1st receiving an email from them asking if I had changed my email address and an hour later there were 12 items fraudulently purchased on my...

9:45 am

Zulily - sent the wrong product.

I ordered a short wig, what they sent me was a long ugly wig that looked as though it should be in the garbage, there was no return address, or invoice with the product for me to return the item, customer service would not answer, I sent an e-mail to the company, but got no answer. I am going to just donate the wig to the goodwill, but I will never order from zulily.com, or Dresslily.com they are the same company.

1 comment
B
May 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Dear Reviewer95231
Thanks for your message.
We are really sorry that you did not satisfied with the item you received.
I am sorry to tell you that we are dresslily, not zulily.we have no relationship with zulily.
You can contact us if you have any issues.
Here is link: http://support.dresslily..com/
Please rest assured that we will check the information for you.
You are a valued customer, and we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.
Thank you very much for your kind support in our work in advance!
Best Regards
Dresslily Customer Service

V
11:37 am

Zulily - clothing quality

I had heard about Zulily for a long time via facebook and occasionally browsed through their items. It all looked too good to be true. nice looking stuff for very good prices. I finally made a purchase a couple of weeks ago. When my items arrived i was hugely disappointed. The quality was not what it appeared to be in the photos. The Clothing was all very thin to the point where i held it up and i could clearly see right through it. The thread on the clothing was very weak and unraveled in places on multiple items.The boots i bought were so cheaply made Kmart would be ashamed to have them. I cant even wear them they are so bad. Never order from Zulily! Its a huge mistake! I will be be paying full price from respected designers and companies from now on because i know the quality i will get from them atleast!

8:05 pm

Zulily - clothes

The first order was quick. Quality was okay for money. That is why I ordered again . No such luck the second order. The second order took weeks. And the quality of clothes are very poor. The material is so thin and flimsy on one dress that I will have to buy a slip before I would ever wear it. You can see through it. And then one item/dress had a hole in it. And it is definitely not a size medium. It is a large. I will call the company tomorrow. I just received the items today. I do expect a refund on the postage since I will be returning a defective item. I would not recommend this company. In the photos, the clothes look very cute. They don't look the same when you see them. They are cheaply made. And the second order took weeks, as I said. I was so disappointed. I would not order from them again.

12:14 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The worst of the worst, if that's at all possible...worse than KMART junk store. Twin sheets felt as though they were made of poor quality paper and were too small for the twin size mattress purchased for. I suspect zulily orders in bulk from China and sells to the unsuspecting American public. The low quality fabric tells the story. Save your money and buy from a decent and reputable store---if there are any to be found.

7:59 am

Zulily - childrens shoe chart inaccurate

I have been ordering from zulily since 2007. There 'customer service' is not the best, but they were always accomodating. I ordered (3) pairs of shoes for my (2) year old daughter who is very tall for her age i. E. Feet ever growing :) i used the shoe chart for each shoes; (2) pairs were toms and the other (1) was luna shoes. Their processing & shipping takes a while too. Upon receipt, i noticed immediately that the toms were way too large and the luna shoes were way too small? I contacted 'customer service' via email as i have done before because its more convienent for me (At the time my daughter was vomiting profusely) . After going back with several different people (Because when you send an email for whatever crazy reason no one person can open the claim & address it / correspond with you until the matter is resolved) , causing me to re - address my complaint each time - taking me away from my daughter, i requested my complaint be sent to a supervisor. Oh, my complaint? Please send me a pre - paid return label so that i can return (Or exchange - which they would not do) these shoes & get my money back. Memeber since 2007, dont forget; spent over $5k since then. The 'supervisors' response, i see we have been very accomodating to you in "allowing you to return your items. It is your responsibility to pay for the shipping and, you will receive a store credit not refund to your original orm of payment. " after all that, i thanked him, for putting this in writing so i could share (With the world) :) buyer be ware! 'customer service' is not for the customer. Its so people can get up in the mornings - afternoon - or night & go to their "job" not career. 'customer service' not so customer friendly : (

6 comments
J
Aug 15, 2011 3:43 am

They are claiming to sell items at a fraction of "retail, " but are actually marking some items up SIGNIFICANTLY! RIP OFF and false advertising!

A
Oct 30, 2014 7:56 pm

I ordered a leather bag on September 29th, 2014. Here it is October 30th and still has not even been shipped. I will never order anything from this company again. I wonder if I will ever get it.

Mar 15, 2013 2:50 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

After I joined the Zulily site I started getting MULTIPLE spam emails a day! Thanks for selling my email address to spammers! I will never order anything from them and have already removed myself from the list but the damage is done and the spam keeps coming.

D

Zulily shows nice things on their site but when you receive the item, it is nothing like the picture! This is totally fraud and I think we need to start a class action lawsuit to keep them from perpetuating their scams on unsuspecting shoppers! NEVER SHOP FROM THEM...DELETE THEIR SITE FROM YOUR COMPUTER...

Sep 14, 2012 4:15 am

I can honestly tell you that they prob don't have the item anymore it was either shipped to someone else by mistake and they are hoping to get it back which doesn't really happen. Here is the thing with Zulily they buy items clearance from another company at close out prices and they don't always get what they ordered and they go ahead and put them on the web site as having them before they do so they are selling before they even get the items and at times they don't get all that they bought so the customer gets back that the order was cancelled. I know this for a fact because I worked for them in the beginning we did all of there warehousing and shipping before they bought there own distribution center. They should just be honest with the people and tell the truth about things instead of avoiding them.

Jul 17, 2012 8:56 am

This was my first time placing an order from Zulily for about $400 and was really excited to receive the packages since i had ordered a birthday dress for my daughter's first birthday but i was really really disappointed to know that even after two months, it never arrived. So i contacted customer care and gave her my order number and she said it was cancelled but had no idea why and said she would check and get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. After two days of waiting, i still didn't hear back from Zulily customer service. So i called again and this time they said the same thing. It was very frustrating because first of all my daughter didn't have a birthday dress, secondly the customer service was of no help to me and had absolutely no idea why it was cancelled or more, i wonder if they even understand the term "customer service" plus, i used my platinum American express card and i have never had an issue with the payments. Zulily caters to a lot of customers especially focusing more on moms and children, it is rather shameful and not acceptable if they are not able to pertain to peoples needs as promised.
If you would like to check with my order numbers, here they are #[protected] and #[protected] I am still waiting for an answer as to why my order was cancelled.
Best
Dechen

12:31 pm

Zulily - order and paid for in november

Ordered and paid for two childrens gifts the later part of November and paid through PayPal. Received confirmation from Zulily and PayPal thru email that they would be delivered before Christmas, Dec. 12, and Dec. 14. The order number are 723348100 and 623359193. Checked on deliver date through Zulily about Dec. 16 and could not get a reply. Finally got through the phone on December 18 and was informed the toys have not been shipped would be shipped overnight with an email confirmation. Have not received an email and cannot get anyone to give me any answers. I am a widowed 70 plus, live in the country and do not drive and live on a limited income. This is not right for those kids and for other people to use what money I do have. Please help.

Update by Norma J. McCoin
Dec 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Ordered two childrens toys for my great grand children in November and paid for them in November through PayPal. Received confirmation on November 26 and said they woud be delivered before Christmas. On December 14, checked to see where the shipment was located and got no reply. Called on December 18 after numerous attempts before to contact someone. Finally got thru and they said it had not been shipped and would be shipped overnight and would send me an email to that effect. As of now, no word.
I am over the age of 70, live in the country that is rural, do not drive and live on a limited income. Now what do I do so the great grand children will have a Christmas present!
Please help.

9:55 pm

Zulily - quality, shipping and policies are not as they seem

After waiting 6 weeks for my order, I received two items of the 6 or 7 I ordered and they are AWFUL, poor sizing, materials are cheap and poorly made. Before I ordered I made sure to check the return policy: "If you're disappointed with your order, please contact our Customer Service team. We are never able to accept returns on intimate apparel, shapewear, swimsuits or rashguards, or any personalized items. Unfortunately we are also unable to facilitate exchanges." I didn't order intimates, swimsuits, shareware, rash guards or customized items and yet the person who got back to me said they don't typically accept returns but would make an acceptation for these items, and that they could not guarantee the same for the other items I ordered at the same time but still have not received. IRRITATING!

5:40 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily - refund

Should have read complaints about Zulily before ordering. It would have taken over a month to get my order. I called to cancel about 5 days after I placed my order and a very nice woman said she would give me a full refund including shipping. I got the refund minus ^6.95 for shipping. Zulilly orders from another source. Never again. Also, do reviews of the products they sell on other sites. Even better, don't order from Zulily. NO BARGAINS here.

C
10:10 pm

Zulily - everything was wrong

Do not order from this website, especially if you intend to buy a lot of items.
Let me begin with the small bit of positive I have to say: All but one item out of 19 fit me. That's it. That's all I've got. I received 6 shirts that, while lovely, I will only wear when I have the time to hand wash them despite their being advertised as machine wash. I received one shirt that has no tag so add that in to the hand wash only too. I received a pair of jeans advertised as skinny but that are actually boot cut, a pair of flats so poorly made that you can see my toes when I walk, a necklace advertised to be rose gold but is actually yellow gold, a dress that is advertised beautifully but actually has a slit up to my crotch and slits on the sides of my breasts so it will have to be altered to be decent to wear, and worst of all a coat that was just completely the WRONG coat, as in not the coat I ordered at all it doesn't even resemble it.
The very worst part is that I still have a couple of items on the way. My entire order was due to arrive on 9/1/14 about two weeks after I sent in the order, but most items have arrived well after that date and it is 9/10 and I am still missing some.
When all of this was brought to the attention of customer service they said they could not send me the coat I ordered because they don't have it, and gave me a measly $10 credit for their website, as if I would order anything else from them.

Zulily contacts