Menu
Zulily
reviews & complaints

Zulily
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

157 complaints
21 resolved 136 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zulily. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
3:08 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Terrible! Its been over a month and I still haven't received my order. I emailed customer service, and got a generic answer back saying "my order will ship in 12-16 days and I will get an email with tracking.. blah blah blah. When they sent that it was past the 16 days to begin with.. I order online a lot and this is by far the longest it has take to ship. Never again!

11:20 am EDT

Zulily - shipping costs are ridiculous, and the quality is horrible

At first I loved this site. I was ordering like crazy and referring tons of people. I earned $80 in credits from referrals. Two of the people I referred had major problems and now I feel responsible. One of the people I referred had her order cancelled after waiting over a month for the merchandise. Zulilly gave her a $10 credit, but she is pissed. The other person had to wait a month and a half for her merchandise to arrive and when it came a pair of jeans ordered for her daughter were in bad shape. The stitching on the seams was coming undone and the embroidery on the back pockets was unfinished. Zulilly credited her account $7.95, which was the shipping costs. They should have credited her card instead of store credit. Ridiculous! Then my nightmare began! A pair of boots I ordered fell apart the second time I wore them and now I’m waiting on an order for my daughter’s birthday that late shipping out. Today is her birthday, so it looks like it will not arrive in time :( Zulilly return policy is nonexistent, the shipping costs are ridiculous, and the quality is horrible! Better off going to TJ Maxx, Loehmann’s or searching ebay!

5:44 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have placed 3 orders at zulily. The first one took a month to get to my home. The second and third I was charged for and then notified 2weeks later that my order was not processed and to update my payment info. My payment info was accurate after all they charged the cards. They are out of stock of most items. They falsely advertise cheap stuff to look...

B
7:03 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a dress for my daughter. They charged my cc right away and I waited 3 weeks for it to be shipped. It had finally been received by zulily and was supposed to ship out to me. All of a sudden zulily canceled my order for no reason! I called my cc company and they refunded my money but nowhere did zulily say there was any type of problem with my...

5:38 am EDT

Zulily - I will never order anything from zulily again

I will never order anything from zulily again! I am still waiting on my items that were ordered back on the 30th of august. And when i e - mailed to inquire about the status i get an e - mail saying they had problems processing my payment. Hmmm, that's funny because i can see where they charged my account. There was an item that i was considering buying, but then when i did a search to see if i could find the item cheaper elsewhere i found that both target and walmart had the identical item for less. And i know they won't take almost 3 weeks to ship my stuff.

Z

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience with zulily. We pride ourselves in providing world class customer service and when that doesn't happen, we take it to heart. So that we can review your order and answer any questions you have, please contact us toll free at [protected]. We are available Monday - Friday from 6am - 8pm (Pacific) and Saturday/Sunday from 6am - 6pm (Pacific). We can also be reached via email at [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

zulily Customer Service

E
7:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have four different orders that were placed back on July 16 and have never shipped. The promised shipping was 7 to 14 days. Zulily is notorious for long long shipping times. The also will not contact you when an order does not ship on time. You have to keep track of what your orders were, and constantly email them before you will get a response. I had to...

5:05 am EDT

Zulily - be prepared to wait over a month for your order

International customers: be prepared to wait over a month for your order. I order from many flash websites in the states and this isn't a surprise, nor is it my complaint. For starters, the website charged my account and then claims that they do a "reversal of funds" within 72 hours, just to make sure you have the money in your account or that it exists (?!) and then charges your account again when the items individually ship. Wtf! Just take my money and send my stuff when it comes in like every other site! The reversal of funds never went through and after an hour on the phone with my bank, they completed an investigation and a week later (Over month after the initial transaction) my money was finally returned. Worst of all, customer service kept sending me the same email (In different words) telling me it was all to do with my bank and nothing to do with them and I had to deal with them charging me twice for all of the merchandise. At the end of the "investigation", it was them who never submitted the reversal. Fancy that. Secondly, when I finally received my package it wasn't mine, wrong packing slip and all. Are you kidding me? I'm now waiting for a reply from customer service so I can waste more time submitting a return and then waiting another month for my stuff to come. Never again!

Nov 01, 2012 10:14 am EDT

I am wondering about my on line order. Just want to know if it has been shipped out. Could you send me some info at my email
which is [email protected] group.cc. thank you.

9:30 pm EDT

Zulily - horrible

I ordered school clothes for my 10 year old daughter. My total was 80.88 to begin with. I have now been charged 80.88 three times and have received only two pair of shorts that are women's size 11. Not only is my daughter a size 10 in little girls like I had ordered, they refuse to make this right stating they don't accept returns. I have had to block them from my bank card because they keep charging me over and over again. I have yet to receive the remaining ordered items however when I checked on my shipment it states that it has been delivered in New York. I live in Oregon.

Update by kparks
Jul 18, 2012 2:52 pm EDT

Today they charged me for a 4th time!

V
11:36 am EDT

Zulily - if you want to take a chance, you'll in for a headache

Do not waste your money or time buying from this site!
1. They lost 2 packages of mine so far.
2. They often oversold and run out of stock after you paid for your items.
3. They sent me the wrong item. I got one bra size ee instead of a box full of children's clothing and shoes.
4. Costumer service really really really sux!
5. The price is not a great deal afterall. I found the same shirt at target for a cheaper price and I don't have to pay shipping.

If you want to take a chance, you'll in for a headache. Guaranteed!

D
Jul 17, 2012 8:50 am EDT

This was my first time placing an order from Zulily for about $400 and was really excited to receive the packages since i had ordered a birthday dress for my daughter's first birthday but i was really really disappointed to know that even after two months, it never arrived. So i contacted customer care and gave her my order number and she said it was cancelled but had no idea why and said she would check and get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. After two days of waiting, i still didn't hear back from Zulily customer service. So i called again and this time they said the same thing. It was very frustrating because first of all my daughter didn't have a birthday dress, secondly the customer service was of no help to me and had absolutely no idea why it was cancelled or more, i wonder if they even understand the term "customer service" plus, i used my platinum American express card and i have never had an issue with the payments. Zulily caters to a lot of customers especially focusing more on moms and children, it is rather shameful and not acceptable if they are not able to pertain to peoples needs as promised.
If you would like to check with my order numbers, here they are #[protected] and #[protected] I am still waiting for an answer as to why my order was cancelled.
Best
Dechen

12:11 am EDT

Zulily - I will say that they are a scam and a half

Horrible. Do not ever purchase from this site. I will say that they are a scam and a half. First of all they want you to give all your personal information when signing up just to view their page, second they will SELL the hell out of your name and address if you order anything from them. I got LOADS of junk mail sent to my email and to my home address that I would have never otherwise received. Third- their shipping takes FOREVER. I ordered two dresses for my little girl, one had a sun hat included. My credit card was immediately debited for the entire purchase plus shipping. I was under the impression that I would be getting my items within 7-10 business days. WRONG. I got ONE of the dresses 6 weeks later after a ton of calls to their lousy customer service department, then I got the hat to the second dress 2 weeks later- ONLY the hat. I called them up and really gave them a piece of my mind and I was told I'd be getting my second item asap. I did not get the second dress for another 3 weeks. 9 weeks? My little girl had pretty much grown out of these.

7:58 pm EDT

Zulily - they are charging me the second time around

I was skeptical about zulily, and signed up over a year ago but never used it. After having wonderful experiences shopping online with other places, I decided to give them a try because they had such cute items and decent prices for a poor mother and wife like me. I enjoy getting things for my baby girl, like I never really had, and with college graduation half a year away, I figured i'd just keep pampering her and she'd never even know what condition we were in before. Well... This was not pampering. I saw the delivery time. That wasn't really an issue. They delivered the items when they said they would (2 weeks from may 3th, today I got the items). My problem is what I got. I paid 70 dollars for all this. Shoes were adorable... Handkerchief top was adorable, but the shoes are slightly too big and shorts were absolutely too small! I have a very tiny 16 month old. She is wearing 12 month old clothing. The shorts were so tight on her that it looked like her legs would cease to have good circulation any second. They might fit a 3 month old, but not a 12 month old. Also, they charged my account 2 weeks later! I was explained to by a customer service rep that they put a hold on the account first, then charge when it actually ships. No where on their website does it say this for your own forewarning. Had I known about it, maybe I wouldn't have gone out and bought groceries, or helped my sister with her high school graduation :). Oh wait, maybe I actually wouldn't have ordered! Yeah, that's it! Now my account is over drafted, because they are charging me the second time around, not the first. I thought it had already cleared. Don't think i'll be doing this again. I'll stick to mainstream clothing stores online... Whose products I trust.

Jul 17, 2012 9:40 pm EDT

I had the same issue! So far I have been charged three times! They sent womans clothing when I ordered clothing for my little girl. What idiots! They also said they put a hold on my account and charge it when it actually ships. Oh and they don't accept returns!

J
12:45 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Description: My complaint regards the deceptive presentation of the furniture items for sale which I purchased from Zulily. I am 70 years old and purchased a bureau and changing table on Zulily's website for my son and daughter-in-law who are expecting their first child. Nowhere in the specifications did it indicate the furniture had to be assembled. So a...

8:51 pm EDT

Zulily - the sales and discounts are completely made up

1. It took one month to get my order
2. All the clothes and products are cheap and most made in China and then sold by a private seller to make a profit
3. If you want to buy items like Zulily, wait for a month, and pay a small fraction of the price, buy directly from China via a site such as www.yoybuy.com. It's a little complicated, but worth it
4. Really, the sales and discounts are completely made up - do a price comparison - just another lie.

12:41 am EDT

Zulily - this company has terrible training, shipping and their policies are the antithesis of good customer service

I have never actually ordered anything from this site but I have worked in customer service at zulily for a short time. First off, they make a habit of advertising products hey don't have. They order just enough so they are sure they can sell out and not any more. As a result, customers end up ordering product that is not in stock.

Shipping is built around saving the company money at the customer's expense. Typically they send the order to the vendor who sends the order to the warehouse then the product is shipped out via UPS to a post office which ships via USPS to the customer's house (in a month...if they're lucky). If that sounds ridiculously complicated that's because it is especially considering that the customer pays for shipping.

As for customer service being horrible, I agree. When "training" me they crammed a week of customer service training into 1 day! Needless to say I had no idea how to answer customer questions when the time came to answer phone calls.

After a few weeks of being berated for 8 hours a day by angry customers I quit...and I'm glad I did! This company has terrible training, shipping and their policies are the antithesis of good customer service.

G
Aug 20, 2012 5:52 pm EDT

I'm a vendor and was planning to advertise my products with them. Should I do it?

T
6:23 pm EDT

Zulily - this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with an online merchant

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with an online merchant - I ordered 3 dresses as a gift for my cousin's baby who was celebrating her first birthday. The website asked if it was a gift and I said "YES" - well, the ordering and paying was easy enough... no problem there. The problem is it took over a week to even get a shipment notification, then when I got it, it came in 3 different tracking numbers - 1 package for each dress. Now, let me ask you this - if you are the recipient of this gift, and got 1 dinky dress, you would said "oh yeah right" but the objective was to give all three dresses together to make a "wow - thats a beautiful gift, all 3 in different colors and designs, how lovely"... so now, my cousin will get each dress separately thinking what a cheap shopper I am ... not to mention it was shipped a week after the order and then another week for the product to get there! What a horrible shopping experience - stay away from this site.

3:41 am EDT

Zulily - I would no recommend this site to friends and family

I would no recommend this site to friends and family. I had spent over $300 the last 3 months and i am very dissapointed. Even walmart have better and durable clothes for kids. If you are lucky you can get a few good items but overall the quality is terrible, the clothes are not true fit and the worst is they don't offer returns.

I have a 24 old month son and a 4 1/2 girl. The clothes so far run too small and not durable. They have only worn the clothes just once.

Im small pettite. I bought two small women dresses and they were terrible. The dress is one piece, the top part was way too small and the bottom xtra large that I had to fix the bottom part. The other dress was a waste of money.

I am waiting on a 100 dollar order that I m hoping at least the cloth to be better however it will be my last time I shop from clothing.

I can say the only items I am satisfy is shoes. I bought few sandals for my daughter and myself so far are good.

2:40 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our company is based in Canada and we have dealt with Zulily for several years. Yes we had the occasional shortage, but the trick is to go to your buyer or vendor contact. They have an overage and underages report. No matter how hard any company works and gets 99.9% accuracy - some mistakes will happen. What we do is poly bag, and use the barcodes zulily...

2:33 am EDT

Zulily - I have placed 5 orders with zulily and I have only received one

I have placed 5 orders with Zulily and I have only received one. It is bad enough that you have to wait a month for your merchandise to ship, but you will also receive a tracking number and the package SUPPOSEDLY makes it all the way to your local post office, then it is returned to sender for reasons unknown. I've called customer service the 4 times this has happened and the only answer I got was, "the post office is too lazy to deliver your items." HUH? REALLY? Then, it takes another 2 weeks to have your money refunded back into your account. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!

E
6:16 am EDT

Zulily - on the 27th, they've canceled the order, but have not issued a refund

Registered and ordered three items, via PayPal, for daughter on the 4th of March, 2012, for the first time, checked Paypal and transaction was completed. Checked Zulily account on the 8th, stated "Items are in transit to Zulily" (Ok), checked account again the 16th, stated "Items are in transit to Zulily" (Huh?), checked on the 20th, stated "Your order is confirmed." (WTF), the order status went backwards. Sent two e-mails making a simple request - Cancel order and refund payment. Received two automated e-mails stating will get back to me as soon as possible. On the 24th opened a dispute claim against Zulily through PayPal's resolution center and escalated it. On the 27th, they've canceled the order, but have not issued a refund.

R
Jul 21, 2014 10:36 am EDT

I order some merchandiste for women, and kids the last of June during the big sale event. I have gotten two items which were dresses and not received any of the other items, There were two pair of sneakers for little kids and well as outfits for them also. Can someone please let me know something about the rest of my items. Thank you Rachel Bracken

B
6:49 am EDT

Zulily - shipping takes forever

It's pretty bad. They have adorable things, but shipping takes FOREVER! and is not even free. Literally, order a size up if you plan to get kids things because you can expect close to month. And even when you think it's on its way because you see a UPS tracking number, they have requested that UPS transfer it to USPS for local delivery. So it takes even more time. And I live in Philadelphia (center city) so there is no reason it would be easier for USPS to deliver. That, and there are no returns. This is basically a big drop shipping company, and it's SOOO not worth it. Shop elsewhere!

Zulily contacts

Website

www.zulily.com

Most discussed Zulily complaints

Delete my account
(opinions to this review)