Menu
Zulily
reviews & complaints

Zulily
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

156 complaints
21 resolved 135 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zulily. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
R
5:20 pm EDT

Zulily - wrong order / phone disconnected

Ordered a bedspread supposed to be violet they shipped a blue one. I called their customer service and was met with an ad saying I had won a $100.00 Walmart gift card and a gas card. I said I do not care about that I want customer service. The lady said that the number I dialed was no longer valid and she was going to process my gift cards AND THEN SHE WOULD DIRECT ME TO ZULILY. I asked again for customer service at which point she said I must receive the gift card first. I hung up on her and e-mailed the company. NEVER EVER will I order from this fraudulent company. Run people! Run the other way!

A
4:43 pm EDT

Zulily - defective or used merchandise

Don't believe fake good reviews. Girls Jelly the Pug outfit from Zulily was sent in bad condition. Looks like second hand stuff, very poor quality. Not real Jelly the Pug merchandise like boutique stores sell. Clothing is stained and stretched out. Didn't expect Zulily to sell returned or 2nd Class merchandise. No warning about this on their website. Seems Zulily is a bait and switch scam. Will file a Consumer Report against them. Buyer beware!

5:30 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily - email opt out a scam

When I signed up to this web site, I specifically opted out of ALL e-mails except those specifically regarding any orders I place. The following day, I started getting e-mail advertisements from them. I clicked on the opt-out link, which said it might take up to three days for the request to go through, which is BS. I will never order from the just on general principles. I don't like the way they do business from the get go.

K
11:30 am EDT

Zulily - cheap products, wrong sizes, slow shipping

Do not buy from zulily! There shipping takes months. I literally waited over 60 days from most of the items. The clothing and items are made from china and very, very cheaply made. A skirt was actually different colors from the picture and did not slightly match the shirts I ordered to match the skirt. This skirt and other clothing (Shirts, dresses, etc.) were made with such cheap material it looked like paper instead of material! - the worst material i've ever seen! I'd be embarassed to wear them! I haven't even seen such cheap material, and beware that the way they photograph the items, they look much better in the photos. Also, the sizes are sooooo off. I ordered size large and most of them were comparable to a size small! There is no returns or credits and you are stuck with the items. Cheap, cheap, cheap! I never make complaints and am normally very easily pleased, but most everything is sooooo cheap that I am actually angry!. It's like a bait and switch fraudulent skam! Please save your money and don't be fooled!

D
Feb 24, 2016 6:56 pm EST

Twice I ordered from Zulily and they just send both times wrong sizes and poor quality. Last item I ordered was suppose to be a dress, (One Size Fits All) well they sent me a tiny pullover sleeveless that would fit a small child, not for women. It came from China, and they did not announce this before hand. I'll never ordere again from them.I just want to warn everybody else, Don't Order From Them. They will ripp you off.

K
8:15 am EDT

Zulily - horrible shipping

I had been a member of Zulily for months before I ever made a purchase. When I finally did, it was for a luxury leather handbag that I was SO excited about. Too bad for me I had no idea that it would take more than 2 weeks for my bag to even leave the designer's (not Zulily's!) warehouse... unacceptable. Then it took another two weeks for my bag to arrive from Zulily. I thought maybe because the bag was made in France that's why it took so long, but upon reading other customer reviews, looks like this is the case not matter the location. I will likely never order from here again and would rather spend my money on hautelook.com or Amazon. Zulily needs a SERIOUS change in shipping policy. Don't order from here if you expect to not have to wait an entire month for your order to arrive.

2 comments
Jan 09, 2015 4:06 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They need to honor their products!

Jan 09, 2015 4:05 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered a LEATHER Handbag by Segoine En Cuir. When it finally arrived the handbag was plastic and NOT REAL LEATHER! I was scammed. Orders take forever to arrive, the clothing is misfitted in someway. I had ordered a two piece anti-aging set. part of the producct arrived the Timeless skin Anti-aging product do not arrive. NO refund, or nothing has been added to my ban account. NOT a happy customer. I will never order from them agian!

T
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Long but worth the read... Be very very aware of any sheets with no labeled company name that you try to order from zulily. I received my order yesterday put them on my bed just before going to sleep. I'm not allergic to anything but while putting them on I started coughing and sneezing, the cough was a strong tickle nearly a choke, but I didn't think to...

8:55 am EST

Zulily - items still not received

I ordered items on 12/26. They are still not here. I have wasted so much time tracking my packages and at this point they seem to just be lost in space. UPS says they are with the post office but the post office shows they still haven’t received the package from UPS. None of the items are returnable, and for $9 in shipping (for only $30 worth of merchandise) I expect them to arrive in a timely fashion. Never again. For additional reviews go to sitejabber.com. It’s the same complaints as mine over and over (with additional complaints in regards to quality of items).

7:34 am EST

Zulily - where to begin?

Absolutely horrible customer service (if you can call it that) - overly inflated "retail prices" mislead customers - expensive shipping for a few items completely takes away any "savings" - return policy non-existent - and when they credit $5 to your Zulily account for a problem you end up having to spend more to realize the credit. And we need to hold them responsible for NOT providing locations where the merchandise they sell is actually made - not where the corporate headquarters are - or the design team - but where the garments and toys and shoes are made. Most of what they sell is Made in China - something you don't find out until you get it home - stuff you would never with confidence put on your child. Their sizing charts are undecipherable and irrelevant given that every manufacturer - particularly with children's clothing and shoes - size differently. I have bought the same size shoes from different manufactures from them and they all fit - or don't fit - my daughters differently.
And finally - beware of there delivery system. I have found their courier - DPD - to be unreliable. They have left packages for me with neighbors - then claimed to have left the package with me - and that I signed for it! I have a friend in Rome who they actually closed his account due to their courier not delivering packages that they claimed they had. Zulily blamed him - refused to refund the cost of the parcel - then when he complained too loudly - they simply cancelled any outstanding orders he had placed and closed his account. Caveat Emptor.

P
Sep 26, 2014 3:33 am EDT

Have had a similar experience with zulily uk - sizing is all over the place and delivery times are horrible - plus shipping costs are way too high in this day and age when just about every e-retailer ships for free.

4:43 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've spent thousands of dollars here. Sometimes I get lucky with some pretty things, other times I get some cheaply made things. Zulily is rich with the help of suckers like me. I absolutely love the things that I can't find anywhere like certain items for my children. But the items for adults are usually blah. Cheap and thin & well ugly. They look...

J
3:39 am EDT

Zulily - poor quality - bad sizing 3-4 sizes too small!

Have ordered over $200 in clothing. 3 blouses and 4 dresses. All were made of thin, rough, see through fabric, with stray threads everywhere. I ordered 2x, and they sent 2x, but upon inspection the clothing was really a regular women's small or medium. They do not take returns, so basically, you buy it, you're stuck with it now! You can find better quality clothing at Family Dollar Stores! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE! YOou WILL regret it!

3:04 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily - order process too slow

I received an email about items for sale and wanted to try it out. The items were cute for kids and the maxi dresses were priced right. Then I saw Gucci sunglasses and decided to buy them. Unfortunately, since this was my first time ever using the site, I was not aware of the actual shipping process which could take 10-17 days before the item EVER leaves their warehouse, & then of course the slowest method of delivery ever! So long story short, I was buying the maxi dresses for my vacation scheduled 3 weeks after my purchase and had to cancel those dresses since they wouldn't come in time for my trip. I decided to take my chances on the other items and wait. Some of the items came in 3 weeks. Though the glasses were a Valentines gift, I finally received a yesterday (March 2nd). I would say if you need to order things and its not time sensitive, you can shop here. But considering today's technology & sites like amazon offering next day delivery, it's not worth the wait for me. I will probably not use the site again unless the sipping process improves. Also, there is confusion as to what is being charged once items are cancelled. I couldn't figure out what I would be charged for. It also took forever for the charges to hot my account.

Update by Sandra VE
Apr 24, 2014 1:56 pm EDT

Yes...the sunglasses wer original and very nice.

3 comments
A
Apr 28, 2016 1:09 pm EDT

Took long time to ship three items. Was finally offered a cancel for an item that never shipped but they shipped anyway after. One item so ugly, unlike advertised photo and also a size much larger. Can't wear. These are unbelievably cheap quality and very poorly made. Loose threads. Please do not trust the ads and photos! Also the care of the clothes as they warn to not tumble dry or machine wash and told it's best to dry clean.

Apr 23, 2014 12:34 am EDT

Hello! Were the sunglasses original? I am scared to buy a pair and them being fake.

Apr 23, 2014 12:33 am EDT

Where the sunglasses good? I'm afraid to buy a pair and them being fake.

10:50 pm EST

Zulily - ordering/customer service

Do not use Zulily! I understand how their shipping works so I expect things to take longer. However this time I never received my order. I instead received an email saying the shipper couldn't deliver for some reason so they returned it and they would not reship and I couldn't re-order my items. When I emailed customer service there was no explanation given as to why I couldn't have my order. They were un-apologetic. Do not waste your time with such a poorly run company. I'm sorry but I'd rather pay a little bit more than deal with an unprofessional business like this. They can have their "deals'. They aren't deals if you can't get them.

1:07 pm EST

Zulily - bait and switch

Please beware of this website! I recently made an online purchase from Zulily.com. I ordered a Michael Kors sweater and received another brand altogether. I received a ParisParis made in China 'off' label brand. Not the Michael Kors label as advertised, described and sold. A complete bait and switch resulting in paying an inflated price for a cheap off label brand with no return options as all sales are final.

2 comments

I ordered two pair of clark shoes from this company and found a used "toe cushion" stuck to the paper inside the shoe. What that tells me is that Zulily should be more transparent with consumers and tell us that we are buying low quality and used items. I was in shock and will never ever order from this company again. It's best to upfront; that's what put this buisness to shame. False advertisement….Shut it down America!

G
Jan 16, 2014 7:20 pm EST

So it's the 1st and last time I order from zullily.com. I orderd sum michael kors glasses supposly its the real brand there marked made in china. Yes... I was surprised since I usually buy MK brand at macys and none of my stuff has made in china marked. I do believe this website is a scam and the worst part is that you cant return the product. Really upset :-(

1:28 pm EST

Zulily - shipping takes way too long

Shipping takes way too long. First time using this site and ordered multiple items for Christmas gifts. One order finally came in yesterday. However, it was super cheap quality. It was a knitted scarf that was already unravelling and had a chemical odor. Zulilly did refund the money and gave me an additional credit. I am still waiting for the rest of my order and am dreading that the other items maybe a poor quality as well and I would be too embarrassed to give them as a Christmas gift.

L
Oct 28, 2014 11:27 am EDT

Zulily.com-This is the first time I have ever ordered from the website. I placed an order for a dress and sweater on 9/28/2014 . I have not received either item as of yet. The order status for the dress is out for delivery on 10/28/2014 and the sweater order states in process. It really shouldnt take over 1 month to receive items. I will never order from them again.

1:11 pm EST

Zulily - take your business somewhere else

Twice in the past six weeks I had the following experience: I purchased an item I needed and never received it. At the 4.5 week mark I inquired about shipping on the purchase (i.e. where is this item? I know it usually takes 3-4 weeks). At this point I was told that they are unable to fulfill each purchase and they are sorry for not notifying me (at all). This is very frustrating, what a waste of time! They sell you items that their retailers don't have in stock and then fail to notify you about it! So you think you got a nice deal and are waiting on a needed item that will never arrive. Take your business somewhere else! If this happened to me twice in 6 weeks on 2 separate orders, it must be happening all the time.

J
Jan 06, 2013 9:22 am EST

Yes, same happened to me and within days of them not being able to fulfil the order, the very same item was being offered for sale - but this time 50% more expensive!

10:27 am EST

Zulily - I won't be ordering from them again

I ordered (and paid for) a pair of slippers and a pair of clogs for myself on 11/8. On 11/28, the order finally shipped. Too long. I understand what they're doing, and I love the merchandise and their prices, but to have to wait for over two weeks just for shipping seems extreme.

I won't be ordering from them again.

10:42 am EST

Zulily - no way to track an order and still have noy got anything mailed to me!

Tired of waiting for my orders, it has been way to long to have to wait and this company offers no way to track an order. I am fed up and either want my money back or my order shipped a.s.a.p! Not at all happy with the horrible customer service and the company's disgrard for prompt, friendly service. I will report Zulilly to the B. B.B. if I do not
see any positve results promptly. I will get the word out that this company does not stand behind their costumers.

B
Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bought wildflower/berry wreath...looked full and colorful .
Made in China. BIG disappointment. Flowers poor quality and sparse.Wreath looked lifeless and dull. Will buy "made in America" and shop local. Bummer!

12:46 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Don't even bother ordering anything from this company i ordered something and i still had not got it a month later so emailed and told them i was canceling. They emailed me back and said i couldnt cancel they tried to take money from my account but i had emptied it out before they could. Phone lines are constantly engaged tried near enough all day one day...

O
2:29 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Beware of this website! So today I was shopping at zulily and they were selling clothing from orange zone inc. This is a wholesale website out of china. Zulily was asking 12 dollars for the sweater I was about to order, while the wholesale websites lists the price as 8. First of all wholesale clothing is usually cheap quality and second I can't believe...

3:08 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Terrible! Its been over a month and I still haven't received my order. I emailed customer service, and got a generic answer back saying "my order will ship in 12-16 days and I will get an email with tracking.. blah blah blah. When they sent that it was past the 16 days to begin with.. I order online a lot and this is by far the longest it has take to ship. Never again!

Zulily contacts