Menu
Zaxby's
reviews & complaints

Zaxby's
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

313 complaints
21 resolved 292 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zaxby's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the grilled house chicken salad, they think people don't know the difference the real grilled chicken, this has happened to me on more than one time. I had my husband to take it back the first time an they gave me the real on., but why keep doing it as if people wouldn't know? The salad don't taste the same. The price is the same you are being charge a...

S
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Very rude manager. His Name is Dan Higgins. I asked a employee if she wanted to take her break and she said no so i asked Dan if i could take one because i was starving and he told me no, that she has to take a break. Then i told him that she didn't want to take it because she leaves in a hour & he pulled me into the office and said "Dont question my...

M
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I visited our local Zaxby's and ordered a salad to go. When I arrived home, I found this piece of metal at the bottom of my salad. It measured 1in by 1in with a very sharp edge. I called and spoke to the manager. She assured me that it did not come from their equipment. I was back in route to the restaurant, when they said they could not help me unless I...

View 0 more photos

Zaxby's - rude manager

There's a manager there by the name of Tony or Antonio Lane who is very RUDE. There hasn't been one day that I've been there on his shift and he hasn't had a bad attitude. He's ALWAYS angry as if he don't like his job. I feel the service and atmosphere would be better if he wasn't there. He walks around with an attitude like he's mad at the world. I've decided to just stay away from that particular Zaxbys which is located closer to my home. (SOUTH SLAPPEY) I'll go out of the way to eat someplace else.

2 comments
F
Jul 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Amen.

Jan 05, 2015 11:51 pm

How can you stay away from there if you work there, we were not born yesterday, we all know you are a disgruntled employee just trying to make trouble because he disciplined you for not doing your job proper.

L
11:25 am

Zaxby's - quantity of food

I have been a customer of this Zaxby's since it opened. Today I went by for my usual weekly lunch and went through the drive. When I arrived at my office and opened my plate you can imagine my disappointment at my lunch. I am a creature of habit and order the same meal nearly every time (Big Zax Snax Meal). When I opened it I was surprised to see 3 small chicken strips that were no larger than my pinkie finger and about 12 French fries. If I had not already been back at my office I would have returned it and asked for a refund. Usually the portions are large enough that I cannot finish the meal. Today I was quite able to finish and then still be hungry.

S
12:52 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zaxby's - young employee working off of the clock

Thursday night. 9/11 . Employee was told to clock out by manager. The store was busy so the employee told the manager she would clock out and "Help" since they were very busy. Manager allowed employee to continue working even though she was no longer on the clock. Store very unprofessional. This should NOT have happened. Manager seemed as if she did not know what she was doing exactly. (buena vista road)

K
7:19 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 7-24-14, shortly after 6pm, I stopped at this Zaxby's to get dinner. The order was taken by a trainee but that is not my issue. He was polite. After waiting 25 minutes and no food, I asked what had happened to order # 202. The young female (sorry, I can't call her a lady) said that she called it out. I said I was standing right there (10 feet away) the...

L
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The mangers and most employees there are so rude . They don't speak nicely and don't seem like they want to be bothered by the customers.. Every time I come to the zaxbys in port Wentworth their this one manger I think her name is anglic it's something like that she always dresses unprofessional, she looks like she has poor personal hygiene, her face look...

N
12:51 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We met at our local zaxbys to discuss an on going court case in what we thought was a good environment with good food as we had done for years. One of the employees By the name of Josh ( name tag ) took a seat behind us and recorded the whole discussion. Little did we know Josh was a friend of our opposition and sent our conversations and plans to them. The...

P
7:29 pm

Zaxby's - bad service, worse food

I have been a customer at this particular store for over 3 years. At first everything was great. My last 3 visits, in the last 2 months, well, let's just say strike 1...strike2...strike3...you're out! When I started spending my money at Zaxbys, I always got a thank you. My food was hot and fresh. And a manager was always there to make sure everything was great! Now, it seems like, they just try to get me out of there as quickly as possible. No one ever says anything to me, except the order number now. My food tastes like its almost recooked. And I'm not sure this particular store even has a manager anymore. I haven't seen one in over 2 months. Anyway, I used to feel like I was appreciated every time I stepped through the door. Now I cant even eat the food that I paid for. Does anyone care about this store anymore or just about the dollars in the register. They won't get anymore of mine!

11:09 pm

Zaxby's - I have a horrible manager

I work at zaxbys and my manager has been saying inappropriate things to me. He is the general manger he is 24 and I am 16 I know I should tell him to stop but I am passive but I'm concerned that this will become an even bigger problem next time he does something I don't like I plan on speaking up but as of right now I am really scared to go to work!

J
10:38 am

Zaxby's - will never eat here again!

Hello! I use to love coming to Zaxby's to get a salad and some chedder bites. Recently, I had a experience that will not allow me to ever eat here again. About 2 weeks ago, I went through the drive through to get a salad and chedder bites, and opened my box before leaving the facility, and was shocked to see a ROACH in my food. I know things happen at times, but I am not sure how someone could not have seen this?! I was disgusted, and I will never eat here again.

Jenny

4 comments
T
Jun 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Went to get a salad and my crouton was a piece of bread cut up. Was totally upset and will never go back to zaxby's again.

Nov 20, 2008 1:44 pm

i ordered two zaxby's snack meals with diet cokes, when my daughter and i got home with our meals all we had was chicken skin(no meat)deep fried with our fries.we were very disappoited and i would either like my money back or tww free meals.

B
Jun 05, 2010 11:46 am

You won't go back over a crouton? And just an fyi, all homemade croutons come from cut up pieces of bread.

Jul 09, 2009 1:16 pm

The chicken fingers don't have skin... wow. trying to get something for free!

M
1:02 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Okay, first I love zaxby's!!! I eat there 2 or 3 times a week. But my last couple of visits, is causing me to look at other places I can eat. I love the zalads (Salads) but 2 weeks ago I order a caesar salad, and I ended up getting a house salad. I order a house salad, the very next day for my fiance, and got a ceasar salad. So I let that go, I didn't get...

Read full review of Zaxby's

Zaxby's - food and coustomer service

Went to Zaxby's and got super old and cold fries. Went back up and asked for fresh fries. The counter person went over to the manager and told her I wanted fresh fries. The counter person then brought the nasty fries back and the manager then proceeded to tell me that the fries were fresh. I again asked for fresh fries and went to sit back down. I was brought more fries in which most were super old and cold only a few were hot and fresh. I worked as a fast food manager in several other fast food restaurants and know enough to 1. Not argue with the customer. 2. Get rid of the old fries, most people are willing to wait for fresh foo. 3. Even if I knew the food was within the proper holding time to make the customer fresh food. Without happy customers you have no income and the employees either lose hours or a job. This is not the first time that this has happened to me at this store but it sure will be the last time. Maybe the big bosses need to go on Under Cover Boss and see what is going on in their stores. There are several other places close by for me to pick from. I did not realized that asking for my food to be fresh so that it tasted good was such a big issue. Even my chicken sandwich was borderline. I know that store used to be busier now I know why it was so dead when I walked in there.

P
10:17 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had order the wings and things mild i got home and was eating my food and a roach was in my sauce. that was not right i was so upset about this ordeal. this just nasty i really feel unclean. What was so bad about it i went back and they wanted to cook me some more and they keep servicing people they should have close down to they got pest control in.

H
12:50 pm

Zaxby's - customer serice

I was very dissatisfied with the service I received at Zaxbys located in Newnan, Ga off of Interstate 85 on Bullsboro. I simply asked the manager to place a piece of grilled chicken under the faucet to wash off the salt. The manager refused to wash the chicken because he stated it would affect the cook time. Who has ever heard of such? I stressed the importance of limiting my salt intake due to a medical condition. He could have cared less. He said, "in training, we can not change the meat in any way." I was very frustrated and ordered the food anyway. The manager came to our table and said there was only 480mg of salt in the grilled chicken. I looked up the nutritional information on the website and there was actually 480mg of salt in the bun and 870mg of salt in the grilled chicken. That pretty much maxed out my salt intake for the day. What an idiot.

2 comments

Sounds to me like the manager was trying to help you as much as possible. You sound really rude. I would have just walked away from you. The manager, at least, took time out of his busy day to try and help you. If he said that something could not be done, then I am sure it was because he was not allowed to. I doubt he really has the time to figure out ways to mess with customers. You, as a customer, did not have to eat there. If you are dissatisfied with any policies at any restaurant you go in, you have the right to leave. Did he force you to eat there? I don't think so. Sounds to me like you should have gone somewhere else to leave. Also sounds to me that you need to find something to fill your time with if you have time to come on here and try to ruin people's lives. @#!&*

Jun 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Why would you eat processed food if you have such a salt limitation? Nearly everything you get when you eat out is full of sodium. If you want salt free you need to be eating low sodium/low cal food.

V
1:22 am

Zaxby's - rude beyond belief

Our order was grossly mismanaged. When we called to let them know they forgot half of a 40.00 order, and gave us no condiments, napkins, forks... the manager was extremely rude, saying that its the customers perogative to ask for condiments and utensils. Did not offer to replace the food, never offered a refund. Unbelievable. We will NEVER go to this particular frachise again.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ordered a nibbler meal and exchanged the fries for onion rings. when i got the onion rings i din't get the zaxby sauce with it. they said when you change something the sauce doesn't come with it which is stupid!!! the fries and onion rings are the same price. the sauce is part of the onion rings . the girl that was helping us was rude acting and i am not...

C
7:12 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Drive through worker asked us to repeat our order several times, she was very difficult to understand, highly impatient. When we aproached the window we made sure that she got part of our order correct. Instead of saying yes or apologizing she blatantly argued and was very rude and unfriendly. After getting our food, it was still wrong! We will never go back there

H
10:07 am

Zaxby's - everything

I used to work at a zaxbys here in augusta and just let me say that the managers need to get there acts together...occasionally rude to customers and just becuz i left on bad terms dont mean they have to yell at each other when i go into the place to eat...it's like they are warning everyone up there that i am there and gonna start stuff...for one i will not do that and two i didnt do anything to anyone so they need to chill...other than that...the food is awesome but the crew is not...well most of em...

1 comment
G
Aug 14, 2011 8:29 pm

A manager name Kystal Lovett is not manager material at all.Shes rude, lazy, and she do not do anything to better zaxbys.They allowed her to become a manager and she clearly dont need to be one.Before she leaves for the day, she doesnt check after the employees to make sure that everything is clean, set up, and done for the night shift employees!I recommend that she either be put down to a employee and learn from the managers there no or to be fired.Im tired of hearing my child come home complaining about they be busy but Mrs.Lovett doesnt help.If nothing is not done about the problem, i will notify the state.And will never come back.

Zaxby's contacts