Menu

S
Author of the complaint
2:41 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Date Incident happened : March 12, Saturday, 2022

time: 1 PM

Location: Birmingham, MI

Member minor: Anjika Dutta-Choudhary

Parent: Sandip Choudhary

phone: [protected]

email: c. [protected]@gmail.com

My daughter, 11 year old, goes for lap swimming. On this day, according to the YMCA schedule from 12 pm to 2:30 pm, there should be two lap lanes and two water fit lanes. The same schedule does not mention any swim lessons being offered on this day.

however when we went, there were three lap lanes and one family area. Lane #1 (extreme left) had a swim lesson going and Lane # 3 was occupied with two individuals. My daughter occupied, middle lane #2, for lap swimming. 10 minutes into it, I was approached by YMCA swim instructor asking me if you could move my daughter to family area as he has a lesson to give in that lane, which I did not like but agreed to accept and had my daughter moved to family area (no lap swimming). 5 minutes later I noticed, lane # 1 lesson got over and it was empty. I asked my daughter who at this time in family area to move to lane 1 and continue her lap swimming. she had just enter the lane when she got yelled at by the another instructor because he had another class starting in the same lane. This instructor had a high pitch voice and very unprofessional (dont know the name). He does not have any right to yell at a 11 year old when he knows a parent is sitting there. At this time I was very annoyed with lack of scheduling and him yelling unprofessionally at a 11 year old. So obviously I went after him. I narrated the whole episode in the office with Joy Hunt, welcome center supervisor. I have been told she plans to address this to the Manager, I believe the name is Rachael.

The whole episode has rattled my 11 year old and she does NOT want to go back. As a result I canceled my account as of 03/14/22, two days after the episode.

I, at this time, expect an apology from YMCA. A member should not have to go through this behavior. I would rather pay $100 and go back to Gold Fish for lap swimming than to spend $30 and not sure what I am going to get.

More YMCA complaints & reviews

YMCA - unprofessional director
YMCA - terrible value for the money
YMCA - personal trainer abusing his role
YMCA - discrimination by lisa/membership sales against a member
YMCA - Outdoor swimming pool access
YMCA - complain in regards unfair procedures
0 comments