Life Time Fitness Logo

Life Time Fitness

Having problems with Life Time Fitness?

Life Time Fitness reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 27, 2007. The latest review Racial and religious discrimination was posted on Apr 13, 2021. The latest complaint Membership Practices was resolved on Mar 04, 2021. Life Time Fitness has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 165 reviews. Life Time Fitness has resolved 55 complaints.

Life Time Fitness Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 430 5433 (Customer Service)
+1 877 583 6818 (Member Relations)
2902 Corporate Place
SunClosed

Life Time Fitness Complaints & Reviews

Apr 13, 2021

Life Time Fitness — Racial and religious discrimination

I am a member since 2009- left during covid when they shut down and then rejoined. I was so happy to go back...

Mar 08, 2021

Life Time Fitness — Treat your clients with respect, we are the one who pay you!!

The GM Josh Gibbons at Iowa lifetime band together with his groupies made up lies to terminate my membership...

Life Time FitnessJosh Gibbons lifetime in Iowa

My car was burglarized 1/15/2021 broad daylight 12:30pm right in front of entrance the GM Josh Gibbons downplayed the burglary very little corporation with the authorities while I was in his office looking at blurry footage of the burglary I witnessed him watching thru the surveillance cameras on the fitness floor of women body parts (zoom in close up) he was unprofessional impolite and rude then he abruptly terminated my membership after 4 plus years with a phone call.. Headquarters needs to look into this lifetime he's obviously has been doing illegal activities within the club and he's also a bully!! Read the local ratings and reviews please!!

Life Time FitnessWrongful Billing

This is my last attempt to request that you resolve this issue before I turn it over to my attorney. Last March I froze my membership with you because of Covid . The facility in Franklin was closed but I did receive a text stating you needed to update my credit card . That prompted me to call the facility. I sold to someone about mt credit card being replaced and that however I wanted to freeze the account. I was told that was not a problem but the needed my new credit card number. I informed that I would do that upon reinstating my membership. The membership is a joint type in my girlfriends name, but payment was automatically deducted from my account. I am being told I can't reinstate until a balance of $467 is paid. So you continued to charge me even though I froze the account . Your excuse for not doing the right thing is that you state that I didn't go online and cancel. You blame me for not jumping through hoops. Your employee assured me that this is not a problem and now all your customer service reps do is recite the company line. I really don't understand why you would want to lose not only my business but the potential customers you will lose that reads this. Common sense would be that you remove these charges and possibly gain good will from your actions

LifeTime FitnessMembership Practices

I have been a member since 2008. On several occasions I have tried to cancel my membership for various reasons, life changes, loss of job, lack of use etc. This club (pre-COVID) requires you to physically go into a location to cancel. This is so that they can pressure you into keeping your membership face to face by offering holds etc. I have taken them up on those offers a few times in hopes of recovering and being able to resume my membership.
      In October or September of 2021 I contacted the club that I was a member at and let them know that I was not interested in keeping my membership any longer and that I would not be going into a facility due to COVID restrictions and out of concern for my own health and safety. Once again they were extremely willing to help and offered to put my membership on hold due to the COVID issues. I took them up on their offer again because I was hoping things would get back to normal eventually. On that phone call they told me that they understood the uncertainness and that they were handling all concerns via phone. Unfortunately, things have not gotten back to normal yet and even further I have lost my employment due to COVID since then. I noticed my membership resumed on February 1, 2021 when a charge was made to my card thus jogging my memory that this was still in place and had resumed. I then called on 2/28/2021 to cancel the membership and was told that the membership would be cancelled. I clarified that my bank account would not be charged again due to the cancellation and they stated that it WOULD be because they require a 30 day notice. I let them know that was unacceptable as I had tried to cancel months ago but was offered a no-charge hold and that I was revoking authorization for any further charges. The gentleman told me he did not have the power to refund or change anything but transferred me to the "corporate member relations" department to discuss options further. The voice mail system stated that they were returning phone calls due to reduced people in the office because of COVID restrictions. I left a voicemail explaining my situation and also stated I was revoking authorization for any charges to my bank account.
      I then noticed a charge had gone through on 3/1/2021, understanding that the charge might not have been stopped due to systems timing, which I completely understood, I called the corporate member relations department on 3/4/2021 as I had not received a call back and asked for a refund. I was connected with a VERY rude, unempathetic and unhelpful individual with this department who NOT only refused to issue a refund but then ALSO let me know that my membership was NOT cancelled because I didn't fill out some sort of link or go into the club to cancel. I explained to her that no one said anything about a link nor was I told I needed to go into a club when I called. She then told me she would send me the link but then quickly stated that the membership would terminate 30 days from the date of the form being completed. Convenient now that it's 4 days into the new month and 4 days past the monthly fee. I let her know that was unacceptable because the person I spoke to on the 28th made no mention of this and she basically said "too bad"
      I am appalled by these practices and feel they are unethical and designed to psychologically trap people. COVID has caused many issues people were not prepared for and I would think that a club that charges quite a bit for it's membership would be willing to be a little more courteous to it's members.

RESOLVED

your response 3/5/21 After writing a very long email to the corporate offices expressing all that was outlined in my review, another rep reached out to me this morning and made things right. While I don’t appreciate the unnecessary aggravation and stress that I was put through initially I do appreciate the resolution in the end!

Life Time FitnessMembership cancelation

In the middle of March 2020 I stopped by Vernon Hills, IL location and cancelled my membership in person. Since them I received several general emails about my balance due and that the payment is needed. I spoke to customer services several times explained the situation and asked to escalate this case to the corporate lever. All I received in return was another general email about by balance. Please note that I'm disputing all charges since March 2020 and Nee to escalate this case to the next level. My phone number is [protected].

Jul 25, 2020

Life Time Fitness — Customer service and experience

Have been a member at Lifetime Austin north for 1.5 years - ever since we moved to US. Wanted to share my...

Mar 12, 2020

Lifetime Fitness Johns Creek, GA — against "mishkat lightwala, lifetime fitness manager"at this location

I have been a member of Lifetime since 2012. Never complained about anything and anyone in all this year...

Feb 10, 2020

Life Time Fitness — cancellation policy

The cancellation policy needs to change. I rarely go to the gym and use it for social events, mainly...

Dec 31, 2019

Life Time Fitness — aquatics department

Hello, I am a member at Lifetime Athletic in Westwood. I have been a member for a while now so I am friendly...

Nov 23, 2019

Life Time Fitness — membership cancellation

I explained that I have had surgery and I am not able to use the gym membership anymore, and I am UNABLE to...

Oct 30, 2019

Life Time Fitness — personal trainer was unprofessional, extremely rude, disrespectful and bad employee (lack of customer service skills).

Hello, My name is Marq Finezza. I apologize for writing this complaint. My wife and I just experienced a...

Oct 23, 2019

Life Time Fitness — membership termination

When I wanted to cancel our membership this summer, they said I needed to do so in person at our local life...

Oct 14, 2019

Life Time Fitness — vending machine apple pay/credit card broke

I've been wanting to buy an item out of the vending machine at Troy lifetime but everytime I try to use...

Oct 09, 2019

Life Time Fitness — lifecafe manager

The LifeCafe manager buys and uses THC infused vaporizer cartridges. Was very concerned about the making of...

Jul 29, 2019

Life Time Fitness — private swim lessons - aquatics plano, tx -

I have been bringing my two kids for swim lessons and the pay more than 450 dollars a month. We went on...

Jul 09, 2019

Life Time Fitness — personal trainer

A personal trainer by the name of Joe at the Overland Park Kansas Life Time Fitness has some serious ethical...

Life Time Fitnessemployment

I have been a loya employee for lifetime for 7 years, since I was a sophomore in High School. I always worked extremely hard. I went away to College, however, I always worked over breaks and came back in the summer. This year when I came back for winter I picked up shifts and received a text from the new manager stating that I had been terminated due to not working. No other employee who went away to college was terminated. I said it was no big deal, reapplied and got rehired but then went back to school. I contacted my boss 6 times over the course of 3 months before he got back to me about summer saying I had been terminated once again. However, people who quit a year ago are still getting reminders to submit their availability. I once AGAIN replied that it was no big deal and I would simply reapply, again. After 2 months I have heard nothing. I reached out to my boss and there is no response. I am disgusted and very angry.

Life Time Fitnessuniformed waiver signing

I use Spa services only twice monthly, each time I come in I am asked to sign a waiver form. I am terribly blind without my glasses and even with glasses can not read the small print on the I pad. I have asked for brief synopsis of waiver. No one seems to know beyond "It is standard waiver. you must sign or not use spa" There is no copy available to read. Today, my eyesight was particularly blurry, so when asked to fill out form, I needed assistance. Then told hit "I Agree", Again I can Not see anything, i told staff member to hit button while I watched then I would sign. She could not do this, soooo after several pokes is general area and thinking I may have gotten lucky. I signed the form only to be chased by the manager to do the process again. This is an embarrassing situation each time I come in. And quite frankly signing something without knowing what I am signing isn't smart. I enter the facility to use spa service and end up feeling angry and agitated going through this process.

Life Time Fitnessarmy veteran (tarancem) lt membership / membership account management - michael banks | life time member retention

Hi
              3/30-Sat—spoke to Michael Banks in ref to my acc that is past due since Ive been out of work since Gov Shutdown.(Dec22)
              He told me that my acc will be sent to
              Coll for non-Pym after I attempted to make pym arr on 4/5/19.
              Micheal was not prof as he told me it was not his fault for the Shutdown/no more options to assist me with the acc. Sarcastically told me he doesn't have a manager when I asked to escalate