Xoom.comI should've used Western Union

I used this company since i wanted to send money to my family in the Philippines for their new year celebration. This company promised a fast, reliable, and smart way to send money so i tried them out, now, i realize i should have just used western union. Here's the problem: dec. 29 we used their website to send $250 to the Philippines (= to php 10,043). The following day, my sister texted us that they (banco de oro - xoom's releasing affiliate) only gave her php 6,300. Our credit card has already been charged the $250 + $14 transaction fee + $8 finance charge, and still, my family has yet to receive the full amount up to now, and it's already jan. 2 in the Philippines. I called their customer service and they said it would take 3 business days to clear this, which is bullcrap because they already have my money and that money was meant for my family to celebrate the holidays. I asked to talk to a supervisor but the agent said he/she was out of the building.

Matthew Mucci Jan 09, 2008

I wanted to post here because I was searching for xoom complaints on the net. I had been using xoom for a year now to send my fiance now wife and her family money because its sender fee is less money. Sometimes delivery took 3 days but all was ok, up till just now I saw a negative in my checking account and there was a charge for 409.99 from Xoom which I never authorized. I immediately called Xoom and reported it I also saw two other transactions that I did not authorize all made on the same day and the funds were supposed to be sent to her mother, but I know my wife nor I did this nor anyone in her family. I deleted all my bank info out of xoom. I am so upset because I think if the amount is so high from what I normally send they should have verified it with me via phone call or email before allowing it. Their site is not secure enough.

I called Xoom and they said they would send it to the fraud department, someone from Xoom called me later that same day to confirm it and he said they would do their best to try to stop the other two transaction and these were for 610.99 and 810.99. The transactions didnt stop they still came thru my bank, I reported this to my bank also so I can get these charges reversed. I submitted disputes thru my bank and Xoom told me on their end it could take 5-8 days for the process to complete. Grrrrrrrr so basically Xoom is not so good to me now and I will not use their service again.

• Mi
    Michael Pangilinan Mar 05, 2008

Xoom is deteriorating in service. Normally I would get my remittance in a couple of hours which was cool. But today, the very same clients who send me money via xoom were put on hold. They were saying something like echecks clearing. But get this... the payments were made by credit card which Xoom, as usual, cannot answer.

I complained to them and say my piece. They answer me recurringly that of clearing. I explained again and guess what? They send me the exact original message with nothing to explain. Looks like Xoom is a scam!

The worst part of it is that they have the sender's money. So talk about bad service, XOOM is robbing people right now!

• Iv
    Ival Apr 02, 2008

Yeah i agree, i think xoom is doing something with the funds. I was having the same problems with them whenever i get transactions from my buyers or my senders. They would report the transaction as COMPLETE but the funds were never even deposited into my bank account. And when i did some complaining, they keep saying the same thing over and over again... that my profile did not match the recipients. What the ###! How did they even decided to make the transaction complete when they themselves have said that my profile did not match the recipients? Guess what, i checked my profile and bank details in my xoom account and there was nothing wrong with it. I suggest we do something about this, maybe make a full report that xoom is doing something fishy with their clients funds. They have to be stopped.

Dave Apr 09, 2008

Xoom is charging to transfer the funds and it seems they are then holding the funds to get interest on them. I recommend that anyone looking to transfer money rapidly consider using Western Union instead.

• Sc
    scott Apr 12, 2008

I sent two transactions of 2500usd each a day apart for deposit on house. Canceled them about 4 days later because funds had not been released. Now it has been over 8 days Im waiting for my 5000usd to be put back in my bank account.
    I sent the deposit via Western Union to and it was available literally that day for pickup in USD. My wife and I have been using Western Union for about 8 years and decided to try XOOM for their less rates. I say to all of you do not use XOOM. They are a rip-off and you will be very disappointed.

Im still waiting as of today, April 12th 2008 for my 5000 to be credited back. Now I can only pray its returned sometime next week. I need this money its my money but XOOM is playing dumb about it.

Consumers please beware of this outfit and use the trusted and proven W. Union or your own bank.

Scott
    Captain Major US Air Carrier
    Boeing 767, 757, 737

Jose Perfecto Salazar Apr 14, 2008

I was surprised that there were many complains against xoom. I have been a xoom user and I had problem once with them but I ignore it and I opted to continue transacting with them. But now, I feel so helpless. I sent money through xoom (April 5) because they have partnership with my bank in the Philippines; they have this offer that your transaction will take hours and not days but it has been more than a week now and my money is not yet deposited to my account. I am so upset because this money is intended to buy medicine. I tried several times to contact xoom. Last Wednesday when I first called xoom (April 9), the customer representative told me that my money will deposited to BPI account Friday morning but until it is now Monday afternoon the money is not deposited. When I asked why it is taking so long, he told me that was because I used my checking account. Of course it was not true; if you look at the web site, "the hours not days" promo is for all kinds of payment mode. Out of frustrations with the untrained customer representative, I even tried to email several times.

Last Saturday (April 12), I contacted xoom again, they said that my issue will be handled as a high priority issue and that they will contact me immediately as soon as possible; but until now I get no email or call from xoom.

Not only that the transaction is taking so long, xoom has very poor customer service obviously; it was very hard to deal with untrained customer representatives. Customer representatives do not even know how to treat customers; giving wrong information and not doing the promise to the customer.

I do not know if it will help, I feel so helpless I even submitted a complain to the Better Business Bureau. What protection can you get from this kind of company.

• Bc
    BCM Apr 16, 2008

Send your Money through XOOM loose your peace of mind KABOOM.
    BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE extremely poor service.
    money sent is money went - no one has a straight answer in Xoom

dairis May 04, 2008

Wow. thanks to all of you for taking the time to post all these comments about this company. You all save me a great deal of "hell to come my way". I was seriously considering sending money to my native country, Dominican Republic, but it looks that I'll be facing the same problems as you are. I'm very sorry this has happened to you. We all work very hard for our money to have a multi-million company rob us of this. Good looking out guys; and yes, I will go w//western Union. Thanks a Million!!!

• Re
    Rey Alpuerto May 05, 2008

I agree with all the warning against this company -Xoom.com. I sent money to the philippines last April 15 and unfortunately my girlfriend became so busy and wasnt able to pick up the money right away. April 27, my girlfriend alerted me that somebody else picked up the money. I called xoom to notify them regarding this incident but their customer relations agent just dont have any idea on how to handle the situation. They keep assuring me that they are actively investigating my case and that the specialist will handle everything. its been a week and i'm not close to resolving my case. Aside from the automated reply that i get from them. The most they could provide me is the the proof of payment which is nothing but a paper that indicates that the money was disbursed to the wrong person. On the paper the signature was definitely not my girlfriends signature. Right now Xoom is practically ignoring my communication with them. This company is not a secure way for money transfer. With my case, even the secret word that i provided was determined by the person who stole my money. I have a strong feeling that this is an inside job because this info is only known to me and my girlfriend and people who works for xoom. Since I paid a fee to ensure a secure way to send my money i think xoom has the obligation to deliver the service they claim on their website ... and that means to disburse the money to the right recipient and not to any recipient. I dont know how i could retrieve the money that i lost and I dont feel xoom is committed to resolving my case. If anybody knows any other way to channel my complaint, it would be greatly appreciated. What I can say from this is XOOM IS DEFINITELY A SCAM/ FRAUD. So beware!!!

• Ra
    Ranesh May 07, 2008

Wow! Thank God I found this site. I needed to do a Direct Deposit transfer of $3000 to the U.S but I thought I should check on xoom's reputation. I have used them once about 6 weeks ago to transfer $100 to a merchant in the U.S. After a few days their status indicated that the transaction was complete. Then about a day or two after that I received an email from Xoom saying the receving Bank had rejected the transaction saying that it was an invalid account, although according to my Merchant the account details were correct. But fortunately for me, Xoom refunded the money back to my Paypal account.

After reading all these complaints, I will NOT be using Xoom to transfer money. Now I need to find another reliable way to transfer funds via Direct Deposit.

Rodrigo May 12, 2008

I am really disappointed with Xoom, I thought it was a good service but meh...
    I wanted to transfer $150 to my bank account in Brazil and, unfortunately, that didn't work, the status said 'Canceled', didn't show what went wrong, nothing.
    I contacted xoom's support service asking them what happened and to refund my money (I paid through PayPal), they didn't say anything about what went wrong with my transaction and said they've already refunded my money. Same thing in 3 emails and so far no refund!
    I really don't know what to do, I guess I'll keep mailing them until I get my refund back.

Don't use Xoom, waste of time and money.

Maria May 13, 2008

DO NOT USE XOOM! I completely agree, very poor customer service. Call reps do not know what they're saying, cannot express in english very effectively, they say something where they're supposed to mean somethingelse.

Well what do you expect? They are Filipinos who doesn't speak english in their everyday life. Conversational english is different and way different when you work a job where you know policies by heart, not telling customers over and over again the same thing out of a script. So you ask them something they read it from a script, over and over again, and end up giving wrong information. CRAP!

I have been using xoom for almost a year now with e-check to send money to my mom who has my two little girls in Cebu, Philippines. So far with my previous transactions I did not have any problem, until last Thursday May 9, 2008. Since me and my bf were coordinating our finances and I had to send money to Cebu that day, knowing that Xoom as it promises, fast and reliable service right? Yeah right. We decided to use his checking account. Indeed, I entered his checking account bank and routing numbers, and after clicking authorization I realized they did not ask for his name. The xoom account was under my name, so we thought how can they collect money from Bank of America saying a Maria this and that has done a xoom transaction, they did not even call my bf to ask if indeed he authorized that transaction. So because of fear that it would be rejected anyways, we called xoom to ask. No call rep was able to give us a good answer, gave us wrong information, so we had the impression that if we cancel it and make another transaction through my debit account, the first transaction won't be collected.

I continually asked to talk to a manager but the call rep made an obvious excuse the manager is in a conference. Like I believed her. I told her, if you collect that first transaction by Monday, am gonna call u and cuss you out again. I was really pissed.

Come Monday, they collected the money from Bank of America, we did not even send the tracking account for that transaction and my mom of course did not collect it. We had cancellation confirmation but now WE KNOW, there is no cancellation on xoom's vocabulary. Even if you cancel your transaction? They are not ending the transaction there, they let it complete, collect money from your bank AND refund you after 5-10 days after they did something to your money right?

DO NOT CANCEL your transaction, there is no cancellation EVER. They still collect your money.

We are going to send a complaint to The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland. We all should do this.

Rodrigo May 13, 2008

Guess what?
    Their e-mail to receive paypal payments does not exist!
    My paypal account shows that the payment was sent to [protected]@xoom.com. I've sent an e-mail to that address talking about the problem I had using their service and few minutes later I got this message back:
    ---
    Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
    Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc2-s37.bay0.hotmail.com
    Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY132-DS3
    Arrival-Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:26:04 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[protected]@xoom.com
    Action: failed
    Status: 5.7.1
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.7.1 User unknown [protected]@xoom.com
    ---
    After that, I've sent another message through their website and I said that this (wrong address to receive paypal payments) could be the problem and asked them what they could do to help me end this issue‏. They replied saying that I've violated their T.O.S. (Yeah right)
    I Again, sent another e-mail, I was surprised with that, and asked what happened and why they didn't answer my last question. After that they only replied with the same e-mail over and over.
    I guess I can only count with PayPal to end this issue.

Resuming:
    They don't know that they deal with PEOPLE and not with machine as they think.
    It's a waste of time to use that POOR, WEAK, HORRIBLE service.
    I DO NOT RECOMMEND XOOM

I'd definitely send a complaint if I were in USA.

I am VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED with that CRAP!

• Br
    brian May 14, 2008

I also have a story to share about Xoom, Last Year Dec 26, 07. Somebody used my xoom account and send a money to a certain:
    Name: Jacquelyn Anne Franco
    Address 1: 1913 Jose Abad Santos St.
    City: Sta Mesa
    State: Manila
    Postal Code: 1016

In which i have not know the person or anybody in manila. Then I have emmidiately cancel the said transaction and email xoom back and fort and finally it all cleared and immidiately cancel my account with them... It is pretty scary when I only use 1 computer to do my transaction with xoom and its in my room and nobody use it except me...So I conclude ITS AN INSIDE JOB!!!

• Iv
    ivalnaz May 23, 2008

Their contact numbers are fake! Obviously they don't want client to contact them whenever there are complaints. That is one Big factor for SCAM Company! No way to contact them directly. E-mails are useless, their customer service are intentionally saying bull craps to their clients to delay delivery of funds. I don't know to some people but i think they are keeping the funds for themselves now.

I would like to take them out of business so they cannot scam more people and rob them of their hard earned monies. Can anyone make any suggestions how we are going to do this?

• Ti
    Tina May 26, 2008

XOOM IS SUCK!!!

I sent money to my family in Vietnam and it took 13 days for them to get the money!!! I asked and asked and asked their customer services BUT and their responses did not answer my questions. There was a typo mistake regarding to the recipient telephone number and I corrected immediately with the confirmation from XOOM. Turned out that they DID NOT update this change on their system and when the recipient got money after waiting 13 days, the telephone number still wrong. This irresponsible is NOT accepted.

You should NEVER use this service. I got a lesson

• Je
    jeelee Jun 13, 2008

XOOM's SERVICE IS BULLCRAP!

I sent the money wedenesday morning up until sunday no wire has been done to my family. I called and asked for my options. They said I can cancel. But heres the catch. If Ic ancel, they will refund my money in TEN DAYS! What kind of ### is that??!! Their commercials say its minutes to receive it. Its all Lies! And whenever you call their customer service, it would take you AT LEAST 30 minutes to be assisted with. Worse customer service. Dont even try them. Not unless you want to be scammed. Consider this as a warning.

• Ed
    Eden Waldhauer Jun 18, 2008

I sent money to the Philippines ($2, 000) plus $60 charge on May 12, 2008. The money did not get there as advertised, their reason, technical problem and could not locate the tracking number and could not get hold of the specialist. I canceled my transaction on May 23, 2008 and asked for a refund and I was promised to have the money back within ten working days, as of this time, the money is nowhere to be found. I called numerous times, sent e-mails, faxed and sent letters but still to no avail. XOOMA (PRONOUNCED AS ZUMA) YOU ARE THE ANACONDA! THE DUMBEST WAY TO SEND MONEY! WESTERN UNION - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• Ga
    Gail Jun 30, 2008

I have the same problem I wished I have read all these complaints before I sent $2000. The first 2 times I sent small ($600) money with them it was deposited right away. Another problem with this people is the exchange rate was so low.
    Now, this is ridiculous as I was given some reason "clearing like a check through the Federal Reserve" when it was a bank transfer, not a check was the reason that its taking longer. It already cleared my bank accountwithin 5 minutes of my online transfer. I will now go to our Attorney General to complaint about their lies and scam. Then they offer refund, I said NO deposit it to the account in the Philippines. If I asked for refund, it will take years definitely.

This company should be shut down. I agree we should all go to our Attorney General, and I will complete the form right now. Also, filed a complaint from Better Business Bureau today, there are so many complaints in BBB website about them too. I will follow-up my case with BBB to ensure Xoom don't try to scam anyone of us again.
    I will definitely change the service provider.

• N
    N Jul 07, 2008

I sent money to a bank in philippines through paypal. Paypal confirmed the payment is complete and my credit card has been dedeucted. But according to xoom, the disbursement failed. I have emailed them but have not got a response. They did not explain why disbursement failed. So where did my money go to? Im very angry. Their service is so lousy. I think they stole my money or something.

• N
    N Jul 07, 2008

Has anyone got back their money? Im very worried because it's a huge sum. Im filing paypal dispute on xoom. Please if anyone knows. Post here. Im getting desperate.

• Cs
    CS Jul 08, 2008

I should have found this site prior to the mistake I made with transacting to this scamming service of xoom and with their idiotic service crew.

Dan Jul 14, 2008

I sent $250 USD via Xoom to the Philippines, same story...
    Money deducted, no transfer. Customer service sends back form letters and the telephone is a dead series of voice mails.

Just glad I used Paypal, a complaint and refund is in progress.

XOOM is a SCAM

• Au
    Augusto Jul 19, 2008

I request a 300 usd transaction from my paypal account, the transaction started, debited, and 5 minutes later it appeared as cancelled BY ME??!?! WTF?!?! and it said it was REFUNDED... but... my money wasnt refunded.

Omg, paypal transaction appears complete, i dont know what to do next... customer service doesn't reply...

Robert Ferrentino Jul 20, 2008

Xoom is a scam DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE! If anyone is interested I am going to file complaints with the federal Banking Commision and the Attorney Generals Office Here in the U.S your support is welcome. e-mail me at... [protected]@aol.com

• Gi
    ginny Aug 17, 2008

this co. is a SCAM. i don't even have an account with them. someone took my bank acct info off my check and opened an account in my name and took money out of my account and transferred it to mexico!! we call zoom (got that info from the bank transaction) and they tell us that they can't divulge who in mexico got our money, because of privacy laws. criminals are being protected. the bank is handling this fraud but now i have to change my bank account, but don't understand how that will protect me, since it seems all you need is the bank acct. info that is on your ck. and anyone can steal your money. i am making complaints to better business bureau and banking commission and fbi.

Check this Nov 05, 2008

Hey for all of those ### people sending complaints to XOOM, well as i have known most of the people using XOom are FILIPINOS, and you are discriminating your own country people. How rediculous. hahahaha.your make me laugh.And to that girl name MARIA sending complaints, if i have known your FILIPINA as well, you just married or work in US, so you dont have right to judge CUstomer representative. You ###.

jangga Nov 05, 2008

I have read all the complaints here unfortunately it kinda disappoint me. People got discriminated which is actually below the belt, Customer service reps are just following certain protocols noted to them by the company, if on the other hand, they have communication barriers with the customers that is not a problem as long as they can address their concerns politely and understandably. I just don't see the point of a poser named Maria that Filipinos doesn't know how to speak english effectively. Yes, it is correct that they have their own native languange which is far different from the accent of Americans but let me just remind you that Filipinos may have strong accent yet they know how to speak english, so better not say that they do not know how to speak the standard international language. to Maria, I am deeply disappointed and pity you for your unsocialized and primitive words you used in regards with Filipinos. You, yourself knows that you are biologically inherited in that country, The Philippines. Good thing you have married a guy from the world's most ethnically diverse and multicultural nations, United States and you became a green holder. Therefore, I don't see the point of yours telling maligned things to your fellow countrymen. It keeps on bugging me knowing the fact, that a certain Filipina will broadcast that mis information through net. Pathetic!!! Now, It is not for me to judge. Let this serve as a lesson, to all the immigrants who are forgetting their own identity and living ambitiously in foreign coutries. Thank you. mabuhay ang mga PINOY!!!

• Uy
    Uyghur Man Nov 08, 2008

I had the same problem when I tried to send money to East Turkistan. Their refund service is extremely slow and they do not keep their promises. I had to wait for more than 20 days to get my money back. I REGRET TO USE XOOM SERVICE.

I should have chosen Western Union, even if it costs a few bucks more than xoom.

ana robinson Nov 10, 2008

Nov 9, 2008

I am one of them that sent money thru Xoom before checking out their reputation. I finalized my online transaction to send money just to later find a disclaimer later that it will take from 3+ days for delivery. I immediately called customer service who informed me of their policy and that even if I wanted to cancel that it will take about weeks to get my money back . I asked to talked to their supervisor and I was told she is not available. To make my story short, after wasting precious 30 minutes of my time, (not to mention the frustration), I was able to finally get a confirmation that my family in the Phils will be able to get the money. The customer service was excellent. She tried to help but I felt that my frustration is not her fault and she's just doing her job.

It was not a good experience for me for sure. Upon reading the nightmare of other customers, my experience with Xoom seems less traumatic. Nevertheless, life is too short. We don't need extra stress in this life.

Dave C Nov 12, 2008

I haven't read all the complaints..but sure enough, Nov '08, still problems. 1 transaction, 100 US, was fine, the next, $400 was to be picked up in Phils the next day. Same as many other people here, money that was needed for rent...NOW...not the 7 days it is saying currently is the status while it is being checked out. Buyer Beware !!

• Am
    amalia Barr Nov 23, 2008

I have not encountered any problem using Zoom to send money to the Philippines. I can only have good words for them. I would like to guess that the problem with most of these complaints extrude from Zoom's partner banks in the Philippines. I have dealt with a few Banks in the Philippines including PNB and I always thought, they are the most inefficient and most dubious in their business ethics. It is sad, but that is a cultural thing that permeates everything else in the Philippines: the government, the justice system and the business and finance sector.

• Th
    The Darkmaster Dec 01, 2008

Xoom stolen my money too. He says "you violated TOS", but what term of TOS? I found nothing on TOS like my case, they cancelled the transfer and NOT send the money back to me

• Do
    Doresa Dixon Dec 03, 2008

I was looking for the cheapest way to send money to the Philippines. My husband Googled and found this site and tried to tell me to look into it. For everything that I do I always check the background and if there are any complaints. I am glad that I did, because now I have read most of the complaints and I don't think I am going to send money through XOOM. But one thing though, to the FILIPINA that looked down on FILIPINOS, shame on you. That is the reason why most jokes that are targeted towards us, that are there are the works of people like you. You have made yourself into a big red dot to get targeted. There are millions of FILIPINOS that can speak, read and write really good English sometimes better than that of the others and most of the times are more intelligent, but why look down to one of your own. You should be proud you know a little. Think again, "LITTLE". I'm proud of being a FILIPINA, and I instill my ways to my kids. To respect everybody.

• Xo
    Xoom victim Dec 10, 2008

DONT EVER USE XOOM unless you want your bank account to be hacked. I have used xoom around 5 times and there was no problem first. Then today, I got a bank alert that an electronic draft was deducted from my bank account and it originated from xoom for 1000 dollars. What the ###. I did not make a transaction and I am only using one computer.

Someone was able to steal my bank account info from xoom. It must be an inside job. There were no transactions recorded for my xoom account. Someone must have used my bank info from their database and setup a new account.

Where the hell is the confirmation calling the actual bank account owner!! ### XOOM. Dont use it ever. Anyone can get your information. May even be an inside job.

I just got ripped off 1000 dollars and my bank told me that they cant do anything about it.

I called them several times for the span of 4 hours at least and nobody answers their hotline.

Nobody responds to my emails...

I hope nobody else is ripped off by this ###ing monkey business

-Dennis

• Bi
    bing j Dec 22, 2008

dont ever used xoom again... if you dont want to get scam

The first and second transaction with zoom online went fine, but the third try i got scammed, what happened was that the transaction did not went trough but they got my money 0f $500 on my bank account...i tried calling my bank they said they could not reversed the funds, unless xoom will call them, but xoom people did not even bother to answer my call giving us run around...it is supposed to be used to buy medicine and hospitalization and they just ripped us off, i told xoom customer service about the purpose of that money, but they just dont care...they already got the money anyway...why after all of this complaints xoom online is still doing business and continue to scam peoplep.people in good faith put their trust to xoom online for families who are in need back home.They should be shut down...
    My regret...i should have read all this complaints to save my self in this kind of trouble..with the economy in crisis, people losing jobs, and a hard earn money just vanished like a thin air. and TFC is endorsing this company...what a shame!

• Ia
    iane Feb 10, 2009

Right now I dont know what to say because I just used the Xoom.com just a minute ago, and i hope that my fund will easy to collect by my friend.Fund that goes to her school.Then I read the comments about xoom after i sent the fund.And now I am worried.I will know tomorrow which is Tuesday in the Philippines if she got it.

• Vi
    VIGILANT CONSUMER Feb 11, 2009

TO XOOM MANAGEMENT-- STOP PUTTING FALSE AND MISLEADING INFORMATION ON YOUR WEBSITE! WESTERN UNION'S MONEY TRANSFER FEE TO THE PHILIPPINES IS ONLY $12 FOR SENDING UP TO $800 FROM CALIFORNIA WHILE YOUR COMPANY CHARGES $29 FOR VALUE SERVICE AND $48 FOR STANDARD SERVICE. YOU ARE CHARGING MORE THAN TWICE WHAT WESTERN UNION CHARGES. SHAME ON YOU!!!

• Je
    Jessie Feb 18, 2009

Yep. Fully agree with the comments here. And I don't think they care. I inquired about two remittances last month and this month because it was taking awhile and the form letter sent were both exactly the same with no research done whatsoever. Fortunately both my recipients wrote the money is in their accounts. But I will never ever use them. I am now looking for a reliable company and will be using a credit card even if it cost a little bit more.
    They make money several different ways.
    1. Float-our money collectively runs in the million of dollars. If they can float it in the market for a few days, the interest alone runs in the ten of thousands of dollars.
    2. Exchange rate-sometimes a P2...difference...for 500, USD that's a thousand pesos for one. (They will not lose on this, believe me.)
    3. Remittance Fee- from 0 to 12 bucks...

all told they are raking in money.

• Su
    Susan C. Los Angeles Mar 11, 2009

Thanks so much for posting your comments. I was on the edge of using XOOM but after hearing all this negative comments, these just validate my skepticism. I am not gonne use XOOM coz I DO NOT WANT TO BE VICTIMIZED. thanks again for these information.