Woodforest National Bankavoid!

I haven't had a checking account with Woodforest National Bank for long but every time I make a deposit in person it is a horrendous experience! I bank at the Woodforest National Bank at the Walmart in Perrysburg Ohio. I have switched banks and am in the process of transferring all my auto pays to my new bank! One time they refused to let me deposit a personal check my husband wrote me. They told me I would have to bring him, with his ID to the bank or I could not deposit the check!(HUH?) One time I withdrew money from my 401K, the check was issued by Merril Lynch, and they put a 10 day hold on it, even though it was no more than my monthly direct deposit (HUH?) One time I deposited a check from Merril Lynch and on the back you sign on one end if it is a loan and the other if it is a withdrawal. They forced me to sign on the LOAN end of the check even though I had signed the other end (again this was a withdrawal from my 401k). (HUH?) I scribbled "not a loan" over the loan agreement and signed it - but these people are just clueless. And they are unfriendly, downright MEAN spirited. They know they are being difficult and they enjoy it, even though they have no clue what idiots they are. I was so nice to get this off my chest. I am not a "second chance" person...I don't have difficulty with money in any way. You will pay through the nose for using ATMs other Woodforest and they tack on "foreign" fees if you use your ATM card out of the country. Avoid these people.

• Wo
    Woodforest Apr 02, 2010

At Woodforest, our objective is to have very satisfied customers. We apologize that there has been any inconveniences. Please feel free to contact the Regional Manager for the Perrysburg location at [protected]@woodforest.com. She will be very happy to address any concerns with the branch and ensure smoother transactions moving forward.

John Eddie Jul 27, 2013

I agree they are not a good Bank. They waited and waited to release money from our account and now were over 300.00 over drawn. were on a very fixed income and there is no way we can pay that all back at once. I do not know what were gonna do. Pay them or not pay rent. Now payments would not be a problem

• Tr
    Trdn Mar 06, 2014

I have been with Woodforest Bank in Tega
    Cay, SC for two years. They are an excellent bank! I have had two replacement debit cards and I never had to wait more than five days to receive. When cashing out of state
    checks never had a ten day hold. I am not a second chance customer and have nothing but amazing things to say about this bank and their customer service.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices