Whirlpool Washing Machine — faulty washing machine!
We purchased a Whirlpool washing machine from Curry's with a warranty in case of faults within one year. After 10 months the thing rattled and squeaked so we called the customer complaints department. An engineer came out after a week to fix the problem or so we thought but the engineer banged hell out the machine to replace the faulty part. He even put sealant somewhere and said do not use it for several days. He also said he had a lot of problems to sort out with these machines as they had a faulty part.After several days we started the machine up and there was water all over the kitchen floor. We called Whirlpool again and repeated that the engineer said there were lots of problems with the machine but they said they did not know what he talking about as they did not have any faulty machines.
He came to fix it again throwing his tools on the floor in obvious temper and frustration and left again with the same remark do not use it for several days. This we did even left it longer to switch on again. Wow!!! Water all over the floor again. We had many calls to Whirlpool and they said it is Currys that have your money not us. We said in reply but they are your distributors and they purchased it off you.All went quiet and they said they would not give us a new machine.
The engineer is returning now with a complete new drum but we have lost confidence in Whirlpooland will advise all who ask not to purchase one. As soon as customer service knew we were very annoyed they clammed up and said very little obviously in case of legal redress which we may very well do. Whirlpool are a nightmare in our opinion and spend more on service engineer visits than the machine cost. We have waited three weeks without a washing machine and they care very little in our opinion.
More Whirlpool Washing Machine Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks!
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers
- Whirlpool - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday!
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective!
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products