Westlake Financial Services Logo

Westlake Financial Services

Having problems with Westlake Financial Services?

Westlake Financial Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 27, 2007. The latest review Vehicle I am financing was posted on Oct 7, 2021. The latest complaint 21 days to receive refund from insurance check was resolved on May 08, 2014. Westlake Financial Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 64 reviews. Westlake Financial Services has resolved 21 complaints.

Westlake Financial Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 619 2524 (Insurance Department)
+1 866 619 2521 (Verification Department)
+1 888 739 9192 (Westlake Loan)
4751 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 100
SunClosed
Customer Care

Westlake Customer Care
P.O. Box 76809, Los Angeles, CA 90054-0809

Westlake Financial Services (Payment Mailing Address)
P.O. Box 54807, Los Angeles, CA 90054-0807

Westlake Financial Services (Payoff and Insurance-Related Payments)
P.O. Box 843082, Los Angeles, CA 90084

Westlake Financial Services (Overnight / Express Mail)
3440 Flair Drive, El Monte, CA 91731

Business Hours
Monday – Friday: 5:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 5:00 am – 2:00 pm

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Westlake Financial Services Customer Service. Initial Westlake Financial Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Westlake Financial Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Westlake Financial Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Westlake Financial Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Westlake Financial Services Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Westlake Financial ServicesRepossession of dead mothers vehicle

My mother was purchasing a vehicle approx. 2 years ago. She passed away last June and willed the vehicle to me. Every payment was made on the vehicle. I called to get (1) payment deferred and explained the situation to Westlake. They asked for me to send the Death certificate and give them 1 week to get it in the computer. I told them would make the payment if it was a problem. She said dont worry about it, and to keep in touch with them. I called 1 week later and Westlake said that I didnt have Power of Attorney, so they couldn't speak with me regarding the account. They could take any more of my money, because I wasn't on the account. I had the Power of attorney contact and send them the documents that they requested. As soon as I got off the phone with Westlake, they sent a TowTruck and Re-poed the vehicle. My 9MM pistol was in the glovebox, my childrens schoolbags were in there as well. I called back and asked the lady what I have to do to get the vehicle back, and she said she still couldn't speak with me, cause I wasn't on the account. I explained that the vehicle was in my mothers Last Will & Testament, my Pistol was in there, kids belongings were in there. I told her I have been paying the payments over the automated system for 9 months, and she still couldn't tell me anything cause I wasn't on the account. My lawyer is contacting them today. 5/21/19. These people are scammers.
David Creamer

• La
      Lakerjohnny May 29, 2019

I have horrible issues with them, first I told them I was on disability and needed to refinance or defer and they asked for documentation, I sent everything they asked for and not a response back, then when I called them back they said “oh you didn’t send in the right documents, and now we can’t do it because your behind” they repossessed my vehicle and I had to pay $1, 160 to get it back and thought my loan was complete now I look at my account and it says I owe $3200 more so they send me a form to refinance I fill it out and fax it back, no response of course, then I call them and they act like they never got it, so then I resend again and they say “
      Ohh it’s not dated, resent again with date, next “ohh we need you to write in VIN of car, do that resend and now they tell me ohh we sent you another one with the vin printed on it can you send that one back??? I’m confused, they are a horrible company and never call you back unless they want some money

Westlake Financial ServicesCustomer service

I am co signer on this loan. The car was totaled and insurance paid the majority of it and said gap should get the rest. They said to tell them that and not make payments. Well gap, too 3 months to pay, we did pay some more. Constant phone calls and harrassement when they knew the status of everything 2 x a week. They still have not notified the credit agencys of insurance payments, but you bet your arse they are reporting the late payments. Now that gap has paid, 4 months later, they don't have info on my loan, can't tell me anything, on hold for 30 min. after being disconnected 3 time. I am due a refund and of course they won't answer me. And all payments are not posted on my online acct. Stay away from this company. I will complain until I find someone who will do something.

Westlake Financial Services — Service

I paid $4700 down for a car that was sold to me illegally with false carfax information by a dealership they...

Westlake Financial Services — Illegal repossession of my pickup truck

Westlake Financial Services is far and away the most crooked lender I have ever encountered. Knowing they...

Westlake Financial Services — Didn't honor warranty their car was sold to us with.

We bought a car from a company that sold it to us with a two year warranty through THEIR FINANCIAL COMPANY...

Westlake Financial Services — My loan has been paid off over 90 days and it still shows I owe westlake money

My loan has been paid off over 90 days I have emailed Facebook messaged, called 5 times five of which I have...

Westlake Financial Services — Predatory lender with fraudulent business practices and false reporting to credit bureaus

Do not do business with westlake financial services!!! They are a predatory lending company. Do not do...

Westlake Financial Services — Predatory lender

This company has charged me false "repossession " fees of 608.00. The auto loan was paid by Geico in full a...

Westlake Financial — Daily interest rates on totaled vehicle

In March 2017 I was financed through WestLake Financial for my truck. (4 year loan) I never missed a payment...

Westlake Financial — 21 days to receive refund from insurance check

Insurance wrote my out a check with Westlake as one of the payees. Westlake tells me to send the check, they...

Westlake FinancialWorst service ever!!

WestLake Financial continued to direct debit my acct AFTER I paid my account off IN FULL.Which caused multiple overdrafts to my acct.

When contacting them about this the customer service was extremely poor. Not only did they refuse to admit they were in the wrong. They said it would take 21 business days for them to send me a paper check for the over payment. And my overdraft fees will NOT be reimbursed.

Furious that they would not directly credit my account the way they directly drafted from my acct i patiently waited for my check to arrive in the mail. 21 days later I called back to see where my check was to find out that they have NOT even processed it. I called back again a week later to find out they just processed it and it would be another 21 business days from then that i must wait for MY MONEY that should have not been taken out to begin with.
      Another 21 days later I called to see where my check was and they had NO IDEA. Told me they needed to contact the accounting dept to see when it was sent out and asked me to call back the next day for the response from the accounting dept. I called back the next day to find that the accounting dept had not yet sent my check till the previous day when I called about it.

Needless to say I will never finance with Westlake EVER AGAIN.

Spoke with Marisol, Triana, Justin and Lisette, ALL were not apologetic nor helpful or knowledgeable but yet made me feel like it was my fault that Westlake took extra money out my account. I made several attempts to speak with the manager Aleda who refused to call me back or come to the phone. She relayed msgs through the rep I was speaking to instead.

They did absolutely nothing to better the situation of an upset and furious customer that has never missed a payment during the whole duration of the loan.If they treat customers that pay on time every month for 3 yrs like this i would hate to think of how they would treat the rest.

Westlake Financial — Harassing and rude

This company is the rudest most horrible company I have ever done business with...They will call you back to...

Westlake Financial — Repo

Hello we wanted to complain because we have an auto loan with this company and have for a little over two yr...

Westlake FinancialNasty and rude

I brought this broken down jallopy from this shady dealer. I had 18 months to pay for the vehicle. One month I sent in a partial payment and got phone calls telling me to stop hiding the vehicle. I call Westlake to find out why the payment never cleared from my bank. I was told that the check came back unable to locate and now the vehicle was on the repo list. I told them that the payment never came out of my account and the funds were still there. They told me that I had to make the whole payment to get it off the list. The payment wasn't even 30 days late. I traded the vehicle. Westlake called me before the payment was due. I told them that I traded the vehicle in. They told me that I still had to make the payments because the vehicle was still in my name. I told them that I no longer owned the car. I was told my an "Alma" that they would report late on my credit report. I was also told that it takes 1-2 months for a payoff of a vehicle. This is upsurd. If a negative comment ends up on my credit report I will be disputing. Also contacting BBB on these fools.

• Kc
            kckmellons Dec 15, 2011

It is so odd that you talk about this "alma" i also spoke wiith an "alma" just about a month ago, and when i explained to her that my husband had made the payment with his debit card, she told me that was not possible and that my husband was lying to me. Having worked in collections myself for Capital One. I decided to ask her a few questions about what to see what she knew about collections and the laws. So i asked her if she knew who she was talking to as she had no verified that i was the wife of the account holder. she said that she assumed i was his wife, i said that assuming can cause law suits such as third party disclosure. i asked if i could speak with her manager, she said that there wasn't one there, i then asked of her operator id# she said that they don't have ones, i told her that was unusual simply because of the fact that it is a law that every operator has to have one and that others i had spoke with had them, i then informed her that i would be calling back and she would no longer have a job there. she hung up on me. i find this uncanny, i am not sure if this is the same alma, but it seems a strange coincidence. I have no idea if she was in fact fired, but there are laws about collecting, and there are also ethics that most companies hold to. evidently west lake does not folow these ethics, it is illegal to talk to anyone other than the accound holder othat than the wife, unless there is someone put on the account as an ok to speak with. an ok to speak with cannot make any changes to these accounts, such as address changes, phone number changes, and so on. they have to by law verify whom they are speaking with, they cannot tell anyone other than the account holder, or ok to speak with, the information on the acount, they can say who they are with, and that ir is very important that they call back.with the number. if you ever have any concerns of collection practices, llok up the fair debt collections practices act. these are the rules that have to be followed. always get the operator id of the person you are speaking with. that is how they identify the employees, every collector has one. also if there is any issues with your account, then you canrefer to that person. some collecotrs are unfortuanatly trained in this manor. as long as no one says anything, then nothing will get done. perhaps a law suit would straighten them usp a little. lawyers often do not ask for payment on these suits until money is won, then it is pricey. but the overall should not be about the money, but the principle of them having to be retrained. At Capital One we are trained to assume the positive, thus meaning believe anything the customer says because we want to keep customers and steering them in the correct direction for these issues, be it hardships and so on. However, keep in mind that there are laws that protect the collector as well, such as stating that the account holder is dead, when they are not, is illegal, blowing whistles, yelling or screaming inthe phone is telephonal assult. when i say yelling, i don't mean raising your voice, i mean screaming so that you can damage their ears, that has happened and the person did go to jail. a collector only has so much power, they cannot repo your vehicle, they cannot shut of your account, they also would have no idea if you are hiding a vehicle, the repo is contracted out to a different company. a local company that really has nothing other than the repo to do with westlake. never be mean to the repo person for what west lake has done, they have nothing to do with it, they are just trying to pay their bills too. maybe this will help a few people.

Westlake FinancialThey are not run honestly or professionally

I have had a financed vehicle with Westlake for 3 years and have been treated very poorly 90% of the time. This last time I spoke to Jay Rodriguez (probably not a real name)he was upset because I was $60.00 short on a payment and went on about if I wasn’t concerned about late fees well then he should just double them and what kind of person am I to need a sub-prime lender and that I was not even smart enough to know my own interest rate.

On and on he refused to transfer me until I told him I was recording the conversation. He then transferred me to a supervisor that was friendly but told me how their phone conversations were not recorded and how it was my word against the employees.

I told him I was going to report them to the BBB and to corporate in which I will do after this. Do not expect to be treated with courtesy when talking to this company they are not run honestly or professionally. Lets all ralley to make our complaints heard.

Jason62 Apr 25, 2011

And I quote from the OP " what kind of person am I to need a sub-prime lender".
              These are hard economic times and many people are having difficulties, if there were no peole with bad credit then the guy who talked to you had to actually go to college and get an education, however it is obvious he doesn't have a college degree or a high school diploma...GED? possibly.
              Don't let these idiots get under your skin just document all conversations and haul them to court...simple, oh and file a complaint with the BBB, you will have to take a number as they are busy awarding people refunds.

Westlake Financial — Keeps calling me and i'm not a customer

Since Feb. 2011 I've gotten at least 1 call perday. I've called them told them that nobody by that...

Westlake Financial — Repossession of my car

Westlake Financial repossed my car. They were calling me the day before my payment was due to make sure i...

Westlake Financial ServicesBad loans

This is definately the worst company that I ever came across. I finaced a car back in October 2009, and this was the finance company that the dealer picked. I did not have horrible credit, and had already recieved conformation at a Ford dealer that Ford would finance me. However, I was more worried about what car I wanted to buy, and this particular dealer had exactly what I wanted in the price range that was perfect. I had never heard of Westlakde prior to this loan, and I would definately NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE, INCLUDING MY ENEMIES!!!. I had this loan for over a year, with no late payments. During that year Westlake would always call 3 t0 5 days BEFORE my payment was due, asking me if I was going to make my payment on time. WTF???? I always paid online or over the phone, and gave them no reason to wonder if the payment was going to be late. The "customer service" reps are all hispanic, rude, beligerent, and stupid. In November of 2010 I was 4 days late on my payment (I wasnt even in town) and when I got home, there was 22 messages on my answering machine, claiming to be some repo company wanting to know where my car was? It was in my driveway, where it belonged. This idiot mexican actually thought that their scare tactics worked with me. I moved to Oklahoma after I bought the car, and Mexicans arent allowed in my state. We dont have illegals here, they all get shipped back to Mexico!!! In January of 2011 my husband and I decided to pay off my loan early. I called Westlake to have them fax me a 10 day payoff letter, and they informed me that I was not entitled to receive one. NOT!!! In any state, a loan company or bank MUST provide a 10 day payoff letter as soon as one is requested, and that request only has to be verbal. THIS IS A FEDERAL BANKING LAW, and Westlake doesnt get to ignore it. After several phone calls (they kept hanging up on me) I got hold of their Title department and explained to them that I was going to file a complaint with the California Department of Justice, and amazingly enough my fax starting ringing, and I got my payoff letter. NEVER, NEVER take their word for it about how much you owe. THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW to put it in writing!!! I went down and wire transfered the money to them, and they stating that they would be mailing out my title in a few days. Two weeks went by, and I called the same person in Titling, and was promised that it had already been mailed out. A week later a letter from Westlake shows up (postmarked 4 days after I talked to them on the phone), and in that letter was my original contract, and a letter stating that they did not send my title because they electronically sent the information to my state DMV. So I called California Department of Motor Vehicles, and they stated that Westlake had been provided a paper title to my car, and that they were required to send it to me within 10 days of paying off the vehicle. So I called Westlake, and the rep tried to tell me that they took care of my title electronically with the State of California. I called her ###, and told her that I already called the California DMV, and that Westlake had my paper title, and better send it. She then tried to tell me that they electronically sent it to Oklahoma DMV. First of all, Oklahoma doesnt have a DMV, and second, Oklahoma is a little behind on the times, and doesnt do anything electronically. I explained it to her exactly like that, and she hung up on me. I tried calling them right back, and now cant dial their number from my house phone.
            After looking at my paperwork a little more, I noticed that my original contract was stamped "THE WITHIN INSTRUMENT OR AGREEMENT IS PLEDGE AS COLLATERAL TO WELLS FARGO PREFERRED CAPITAL, INC." Now I know why I didnt get my title. So after some research online, I found the office that handles the Westlake account in Des Moines, Iowa. I explained to the banker that I had already paid off the car, and wanted my title immediately. He said he would call me back, as it was still 6:30am in California, and would not be able to get hold of Westlake so early. He did call me back that afternoon, and stated that he made some phone calls and I would receive my paper title in 7-10 days. I received my paper title 5 days later.
            My advice to everyone...DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!! If it already to late, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!! YOU HAVE NO WAY TO PROVE PHONE CONVERSATIONS UNLESS YOU ARE RECORDING THEM. By the way, if they state that they may be recording your phone call THEN RECORD IT ON YOUR END!!! IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL, AS THEY HAVE ALREADY INFORMED YOU THAT IT MAY BE RECORDED.
            And as far as all of you Westlake employess reading this...kiss my ###, some stupid illegal immigrant will NEVER outsmart me!!!

• Su
                SuzieM Feb 12, 2013

I've started seeing more complaints about Westlake Financial Services calling people on their cell phones, using prerecorded messages. There's a class action suit alleging that Westlake Financial violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by robocalling people: Scott v. Westlake Financial Services (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Case No. 1:12-cv-09289)

• Ro
                ronncali Mar 08, 2012

Kudos to Sekaz, I agree the always use rude ignorant people to collect debts i guess that's the only job these people can get. I have a loan with westlake and they always call. They have my cell number so i don't even pick up. I had this loan for a year and plan to pay off
                this month. Thanks for shedding light on this so now i know what to look for when i pay off.

• Zo
                Zoe Wagner Feb 25, 2011

Your stupidity amazes me! I assure you there are many undocumented persons out there with better knowledge of the English language! Proofreading is obviously something you need to consider reading! :) Don't want any collectors calling you? Then simply work on a cash basis or make your payments before the due date!

• Se
                sekaz Feb 13, 2011

Westlake Financial ServicesBad customer service

I received a bill from Westlake stating that i didn't have to make a payment for dec. but january, so i called and their automated system said the same thing that the bill said so i said maybe there was a glitch with the system so i called back and spoke to a representatuve and he told me the same thing and in january received a bill saying that i owed a thousand and some odd dollars and i called them and they said i should have used common sense and i told the representative i did use common sense that is why i called and talk to a live person so they must not have been using common sense. i told them they better be glad im not in califorina, the representative did not note what he told me and they are always calling and leaving nasty messages

Westlake FinancialVery untrained #s

The rudest and most unprofessional idiots I have ever dealt with. These people do not have any customer service skills or manners for that matter. How is a financial company dealing in assets and money going to have such jerks working for them. Wish I knew this before. I just finished paying them off and it was a joke trying to get them to send my paperwork. I should have called them a million times a day. IDIOTS!!!

• Se
                    sekaz Feb 13, 2011

File a complaint with the California Office of the Attorney General. Put all your complaints in writing. I have done so, and have been informed that my complaint will be used to compile evidence against them.