Westlake Financial Services Logo

Westlake Financial Services

Having problems with Westlake Financial Services?

+1 866 619 2524 (Insurance Department)
+1 866 619 2521 (Verification Department)
+1 888 739 9192 (Westlake Loan)
4751 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 100
SunClosed
Customer Care

Westlake Customer Care
P.O. Box 76809, Los Angeles, CA 90054-0809

Westlake Financial Services (Payment Mailing Address)
P.O. Box 54807, Los Angeles, CA 90054-0807

Westlake Financial Services (Payoff and Insurance-Related Payments)
P.O. Box 843082, Los Angeles, CA 90084

Westlake Financial Services (Overnight / Express Mail)
3440 Flair Drive, El Monte, CA 91731

Business Hours
Monday – Friday: 5:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 5:00 am – 2:00 pm

Complaints & Reviews

worst service ever!!

WestLake Financial continued to direct debit my acct AFTER I paid my account off IN FULL.Which caused multiple overdrafts to my acct.

When contacting them about this the customer service was extremely poor. Not only did they refuse to admit they were in the wrong. They said it would take 21 business days for them to send me a paper check for the over payment. And my overdraft fees will NOT be reimbursed.

Furious that they would not directly credit my account the way they directly drafted from my acct i patiently waited for my check to arrive in the mail. 21 days later I called back to see where my check was to find out that they have NOT even processed it. I called back again a week later to find out they just processed it and it would be another 21 business days from then that i must wait for MY MONEY that should have not been taken out to begin with.
Another 21 days later I called to see where my check was and they had NO IDEA. Told me they needed to contact the accounting dept to see when it was sent out and asked me to call back the next day for the response from the accounting dept. I called back the next day to find that the accounting dept had not yet sent my check till the previous day when I called about it.

Needless to say I will never finance with Westlake EVER AGAIN.

Spoke with Marisol, Triana, Justin and Lisette, ALL were not apologetic nor helpful or knowledgeable but yet made me feel like it was my fault that Westlake took extra money out my account. I made several attempts to speak with the manager Aleda who refused to call me back or come to the phone. She relayed msgs through the rep I was speaking to instead.

They did absolutely nothing to better the situation of an upset and furious customer that has never missed a payment during the whole duration of the loan.If they treat customers that pay on time every month for 3 yrs like this i would hate to think of how they would treat the rest.

harrassing and rude

This company is the rudest most horrible company I have ever done business with...They will call you back to...

repo

Hello we wanted to complain because we have an auto loan with this company and have for a little over two yr...

nasty and rude

I brought this broken down jallopy from this shady dealer. I had 18 months to pay for the vehicle. One month I sent in a partial payment and got phone calls telling me to stop hiding the vehicle. I call Westlake to find out why the payment never cleared from my bank. I was told that the check came back unable to locate and now the vehicle was on the repo list. I told them that the payment never came out of my account and the funds were still there. They told me that I had to make the whole payment to get it off the list. The payment wasn't even 30 days late. I traded the vehicle. Westlake called me before the payment was due. I told them that I traded the vehicle in. They told me that I still had to make the payments because the vehicle was still in my name. I told them that I no longer owned the car. I was told my an "Alma" that they would report late on my credit report. I was also told that it takes 1-2 months for a payoff of a vehicle. This is upsurd. If a negative comment ends up on my credit report I will be disputing. Also contacting BBB on these fools.

• Kc
    kckmellons Dec 15, 2011

It is so odd that you talk about this "alma" i also spoke wiith an "alma" just about a month ago, and when i explained to her that my husband had made the payment with his debit card, she told me that was not possible and that my husband was lying to me. Having worked in collections myself for Capital One. I decided to ask her a few questions about what to see what she knew about collections and the laws. So i asked her if she knew who she was talking to as she had no verified that i was the wife of the account holder. she said that she assumed i was his wife, i said that assuming can cause law suits such as third party disclosure. i asked if i could speak with her manager, she said that there wasn't one there, i then asked of her operator id# she said that they don't have ones, i told her that was unusual simply because of the fact that it is a law that every operator has to have one and that others i had spoke with had them, i then informed her that i would be calling back and she would no longer have a job there. she hung up on me. i find this uncanny, i am not sure if this is the same alma, but it seems a strange coincidence. I have no idea if she was in fact fired, but there are laws about collecting, and there are also ethics that most companies hold to. evidently west lake does not folow these ethics, it is illegal to talk to anyone other than the accound holder othat than the wife, unless there is someone put on the account as an ok to speak with. an ok to speak with cannot make any changes to these accounts, such as address changes, phone number changes, and so on. they have to by law verify whom they are speaking with, they cannot tell anyone other than the account holder, or ok to speak with, the information on the acount, they can say who they are with, and that ir is very important that they call back.with the number. if you ever have any concerns of collection practices, llok up the fair debt collections practices act. these are the rules that have to be followed. always get the operator id of the person you are speaking with. that is how they identify the employees, every collector has one. also if there is any issues with your account, then you canrefer to that person. some collecotrs are unfortuanatly trained in this manor. as long as no one says anything, then nothing will get done. perhaps a law suit would straighten them usp a little. lawyers often do not ask for payment on these suits until money is won, then it is pricey. but the overall should not be about the money, but the principle of them having to be retrained. At Capital One we are trained to assume the positive, thus meaning believe anything the customer says because we want to keep customers and steering them in the correct direction for these issues, be it hardships and so on. However, keep in mind that there are laws that protect the collector as well, such as stating that the account holder is dead, when they are not, is illegal, blowing whistles, yelling or screaming inthe phone is telephonal assult. when i say yelling, i don't mean raising your voice, i mean screaming so that you can damage their ears, that has happened and the person did go to jail. a collector only has so much power, they cannot repo your vehicle, they cannot shut of your account, they also would have no idea if you are hiding a vehicle, the repo is contracted out to a different company. a local company that really has nothing other than the repo to do with westlake. never be mean to the repo person for what west lake has done, they have nothing to do with it, they are just trying to pay their bills too. maybe this will help a few people.

they are not run honestly or professionally

I have had a financed vehicle with Westlake for 3 years and have been treated very poorly 90% of the time. This last time I spoke to Jay Rodriguez (probably not a real name)he was upset because I was $60.00 short on a payment and went on about if I wasn’t concerned about late fees well then he should just double them and what kind of person am I to need a sub-prime lender and that I was not even smart enough to know my own interest rate.

On and on he refused to transfer me until I told him I was recording the conversation. He then transferred me to a supervisor that was friendly but told me how their phone conversations were not recorded and how it was my word against the employees.

I told him I was going to report them to the BBB and to corporate in which I will do after this. Do not expect to be treated with courtesy when talking to this company they are not run honestly or professionally. Lets all ralley to make our complaints heard.

Jason62 Apr 25, 2011

And I quote from the OP " what kind of person am I to need a sub-prime lender".
    These are hard economic times and many people are having difficulties, if there were no peole with bad credit then the guy who talked to you had to actually go to college and get an education, however it is obvious he doesn't have a college degree or a high school diploma...GED? possibly.
    Don't let these idiots get under your skin just document all conversations and haul them to court...simple, oh and file a complaint with the BBB, you will have to take a number as they are busy awarding people refunds.

keeps calling me and i'm not a customer

Since Feb. 2011 I've gotten at least 1 call perday. I've called them told them that nobody by that name is at this number, yet they continue to call when I start to tell them they hang up on me. One male told me "oh ok I'll make it a point to call you every day" All I want is for them to quit calling. There behavior has made me sure that I never will use them for any loans. I've told them that I have contacted the Better Business Bureau because what there doing is harassment but they don't care what a poor way to run a business.

repossession of my car

Westlake Financial repossed my car. They were calling me the day before my payment was due to make sure i make my payment on time. I was 3 days late and they were calling me 10 times a day and my job. They are the most rudest people. The they had the nerve to ask why and didn't answer their calls or check my messages. Every time i speak to one of them ; they make my blood pressure go up because they make me so angry how they talk to you. If any files a class action suit against the for their scare tactics and rudeness please contact me. I am with you!

• Al
    alwaysgame May 21, 2013

Representatives are always rude and you can barely understand them. I sent numerous documents to them, signature required, and no one responded. As a result there was no reaffirmation on my bankruptcy and they won't work with me now so I will lose my car.

bad loans

This is definately the worst company that I ever came across. I finaced a car back in October 2009, and this was the finance company that the dealer picked. I did not have horrible credit, and had already recieved conformation at a Ford dealer that Ford would finance me. However, I was more worried about what car I wanted to buy, and this particular dealer had exactly what I wanted in the price range that was perfect. I had never heard of Westlakde prior to this loan, and I would definately NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE, INCLUDING MY ENEMIES!!!. I had this loan for over a year, with no late payments. During that year Westlake would always call 3 t0 5 days BEFORE my payment was due, asking me if I was going to make my payment on time. WTF???? I always paid online or over the phone, and gave them no reason to wonder if the payment was going to be late. The "customer service" reps are all hispanic, rude, beligerent, and stupid. In November of 2010 I was 4 days late on my payment (I wasnt even in town) and when I got home, there was 22 messages on my answering machine, claiming to be some repo company wanting to know where my car was? It was in my driveway, where it belonged. This idiot mexican actually thought that their scare tactics worked with me. I moved to Oklahoma after I bought the car, and Mexicans arent allowed in my state. We dont have illegals here, they all get shipped back to Mexico!!! In January of 2011 my husband and I decided to pay off my loan early. I called Westlake to have them fax me a 10 day payoff letter, and they informed me that I was not entitled to receive one. NOT!!! In any state, a loan company or bank MUST provide a 10 day payoff letter as soon as one is requested, and that request only has to be verbal. THIS IS A FEDERAL BANKING LAW, and Westlake doesnt get to ignore it. After several phone calls (they kept hanging up on me) I got hold of their Title department and explained to them that I was going to file a complaint with the California Department of Justice, and amazingly enough my fax starting ringing, and I got my payoff letter. NEVER, NEVER take their word for it about how much you owe. THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW to put it in writing!!! I went down and wire transfered the money to them, and they stating that they would be mailing out my title in a few days. Two weeks went by, and I called the same person in Titling, and was promised that it had already been mailed out. A week later a letter from Westlake shows up (postmarked 4 days after I talked to them on the phone), and in that letter was my original contract, and a letter stating that they did not send my title because they electronically sent the information to my state DMV. So I called California Department of Motor Vehicles, and they stated that Westlake had been provided a paper title to my car, and that they were required to send it to me within 10 days of paying off the vehicle. So I called Westlake, and the rep tried to tell me that they took care of my title electronically with the State of California. I called her ###, and told her that I already called the California DMV, and that Westlake had my paper title, and better send it. She then tried to tell me that they electronically sent it to Oklahoma DMV. First of all, Oklahoma doesnt have a DMV, and second, Oklahoma is a little behind on the times, and doesnt do anything electronically. I explained it to her exactly like that, and she hung up on me. I tried calling them right back, and now cant dial their number from my house phone.
After looking at my paperwork a little more, I noticed that my original contract was stamped "THE WITHIN INSTRUMENT OR AGREEMENT IS PLEDGE AS COLLATERAL TO WELLS FARGO PREFERRED CAPITAL, INC." Now I know why I didnt get my title. So after some research online, I found the office that handles the Westlake account in Des Moines, Iowa. I explained to the banker that I had already paid off the car, and wanted my title immediately. He said he would call me back, as it was still 6:30am in California, and would not be able to get hold of Westlake so early. He did call me back that afternoon, and stated that he made some phone calls and I would receive my paper title in 7-10 days. I received my paper title 5 days later.
My advice to everyone...DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!! If it already to late, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!! YOU HAVE NO WAY TO PROVE PHONE CONVERSATIONS UNLESS YOU ARE RECORDING THEM. By the way, if they state that they may be recording your phone call THEN RECORD IT ON YOUR END!!! IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL, AS THEY HAVE ALREADY INFORMED YOU THAT IT MAY BE RECORDED.
And as far as all of you Westlake employess reading this...kiss my ###, some stupid illegal immigrant will NEVER outsmart me!!!

• Se
    sekaz Feb 13, 2011

• Zo
    Zoe Wagner Feb 25, 2011

Your stupidity amazes me! I assure you there are many undocumented persons out there with better knowledge of the English language! Proofreading is obviously something you need to consider reading! :) Don't want any collectors calling you? Then simply work on a cash basis or make your payments before the due date!

• Ro
    ronncali Mar 08, 2012

Kudos to Sekaz, I agree the always use rude ignorant people to collect debts i guess that's the only job these people can get. I have a loan with westlake and they always call. They have my cell number so i don't even pick up. I had this loan for a year and plan to pay off
    this month. Thanks for shedding light on this so now i know what to look for when i pay off.

• Su
    SuzieM Feb 12, 2013

I've started seeing more complaints about Westlake Financial Services calling people on their cell phones, using prerecorded messages. There's a class action suit alleging that Westlake Financial violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by robocalling people: Scott v. Westlake Financial Services (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Case No. 1:12-cv-09289)

bad customer service

I received a bill from Westlake stating that i didn't have to make a payment for dec. but january, so i called and their automated system said the same thing that the bill said so i said maybe there was a glitch with the system so i called back and spoke to a representatuve and he told me the same thing and in january received a bill saying that i owed a thousand and some odd dollars and i called them and they said i should have used common sense and i told the representative i did use common sense that is why i called and talk to a live person so they must not have been using common sense. i told them they better be glad im not in califorina, the representative did not note what he told me and they are always calling and leaving nasty messages

very untrained #s

The rudest and most unprofessional idiots I have ever dealt with. These people do not have any customer service skills or manners for that matter. How is a financial company dealing in assets and money going to have such jerks working for them. Wish I knew this before. I just finished paying them off and it was a joke trying to get them to send my paperwork. I should have called them a million times a day. IDIOTS!!!

• Se
    sekaz Feb 13, 2011

File a complaint with the California Office of the Attorney General. Put all your complaints in writing. I have done so, and have been informed that my complaint will be used to compile evidence against them.

rude and heartless

I have been with this company since May of 2009 and I have hated them the entire time. Making a payment is a HUGE hassle every month. I was doing super good at paying them on time and then back in May of 2010 my mom passed away and I called to tell them I was unable to work as much because I had to take care of her, they said OK I can make a partial payment and be good. They made me pay $200, my payment is $350... Not much difference. I tried to trade in my car after that and found out they have screwed up my credit. They had reported all my payments to my mom's social security number, who was my cosigner. I then called and complained to them and it too 2 months to get them to backdate all the payments to my social security number. After that I moved to school in a town 3 hours from home and finding a job is impossible there, there are a lot of students and if you have a bad class schedule, good luck finding a job that will even call you for an interview. I have been using my student financial aid which is frowned upon for using it like that. I didn't get part of my money from school until 6 days later than promised which was 16 days after my payment was due, I got a call to repo it! 16 DAYS!!! When I finally was able to make my payment the lady hung up on me after yelling at me for being late, and then proceeded to have yet another rude employee tell me I have been late every month, I'm not sure what they were looking at but I had been late TWICE. That was in October 2010. I paid October's on time and now in November I was late 14 days and got a repo notice. I am a student with 2 dead parents. I struggle to feed myself and to get gas to get to school and now I can't refinance anywhere else because my credit has been messed up SO bad. They are rude everytime you call and give you the run around on talking to a supervisor. This company is a JOKE!

reps are certified idiots

Westlake is the most non-professional company on this planet. The so-called "friendly" customer rep'...

no response

I called westlake ten times and my reason was it said my account was locked now before i get into that. i was recently in a car accident and my insurance will be paying my account off so now my account is locked where i can't obtain any info. it was fine for me to loh on and pay my bill just a month ago. so i called and i told them i wanted to view and print my account because i was being reimbursed by my school for transportation and that's when the ### started they transferred me eight different times and still no one help me or unlocked my account for me to review on-line instead i got what is it you want to do with the account and i can see the account can i help you *** no i want to print all of my payments you can't help me with that i need it now well they hung up on me i called back and as soon as i gave them my account # they transferred me and then the call dropped again this company is worthless they should give everyone their money back and close the *** down

rude service

I have had the worst experience ever with this company. As most of America, I lost my job in 2008. I am a single mother of 2 kids. I would get phone calls at all hours, sometimes up to 20 a day on the day my car payment was due, not a day late, 5 days late, the day of. I was cussed out, told I was an uneducated idiot and thats why I lost my job. I was lied to and threatened. When I asked to speak to the guy who was cussing me out (he wouldn't tell me his name)'s supervisor. He transfered me but was still on the line and never gave me a chance to speak before he talked his "supervisor" into repoing my car that day. When I spoke up to let the "supervisor" know I was on the phone he told me to shut the h*ll up and let him finish. Then the "supervisor" cussed me out! What kind of business is this? I tell you what, my phone getting cut off was the best thing that happened to during this time. My references also changed their numbers. You wouldn't believe how happy I was when I finally made my last payment (on time may I add). I danced for days so happy to be finished with this company, only to be disappointed when in 4 to 6 weeks my title never showed up. I called monday (9/20/2010) the system said they recieved my payment and the title was set to be released on 8/1/2010. Umm sorry but I am educated and I can count, thats 7 weeks. I finally get to talk to a live person (who also rude) and she says there is a note on my account to hold my title but she can't tell me why, so she transfers me to the title department. Guess what? I sat on hold for 45 min. until I mysteriously was hung up on. Hmmm? I call back today (9/22/2010) and the woman I talked to was decent but she couldn't answer any of my questions. Apparently she hasn't been there that long, she still has a soul. I think it's funny that they want to harrass you the day ur payment is due, but they can't send out a title on time. I plan to harrass them everyday until I recieve my title.

umprofesional

These Company had a bad way to collect the Personnel they had or they don't have a good Education or...

harassment

I am a current Westlake Financial customer and due to extremely hard times I fell behind 1 payment.

Yes, they have every right to call you and try to collect their money. No, they don't have to care about your personal issues. Yes, they can repo your ride, but...

Can they repeatedly harass someone with several phone calls A DAY? No. Can they call you names and insult you whilst trying to collect? No. Can they harass your friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers? No. Can they make threats they aren't legally allowed to follow through with (like putting you in jail)? NO.

Just because someone is having a hard time financially doesn't give these jokers the right to treat them like ###. Learn to treat people with respect while being firm and maybe you'll not have people suing you and posting awful things about your company online.

I contacted an attorney in my state and guess what - LAWSUIT WHAT UP.

Westlake almost got me FIRED because they called my job (doctor's office) SEVERAL times a day, almost everyday. My boss told them to stop calling her business and to deal with me by cell phone. I had talked to a Westlake rep SEVERAL times and told them I was sorry I was late, but I was paying double payments my next due date including any fees and if they had to repo, well then, so be it.

Not only did I get YELLED at, insulted, and bothered by phone calls several times a day, but even just calling to MAKE a payment was painful! The rep "Manuel" refused to take my payment if I didn't give him all my contact numbers. Finally he gave in when I asked if he was REFUSING my money.

An example of their AWESOME customer service: I told them yesterday (as I have everyday for the last week or MORE) I was paying double payments today AFTER noon when I got paid...they called me at 10 AM PST and were demanding payment. I said I couldn't til after noon, like I said. The guy, who refused to give his name, said "IT IS NOON NOW"...uhhh no, in my state it's 10 AM so talk to ya in a couple hours. Thirty minutes later they called my JOB (after repeated requests by me and my boss to not call there, they have THREE cell numbers for my husband and I) and hung up on our receptionist.

• Gr
    Grenville Pridham Aug 31, 2010

California has the Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Civil Code section 1788 - 1788.33 that prohibits abusive debt collection practices.

The National Association of Consumer Advocates, naca.net, has a directory of attorneys who sue abusive debt collectors.

harassing phone calls

westlake finanicial services are a very cold business and
they should go out of business they will call your friends
and people on your contact list and tell them your business
we need to send a letter to the white house concerning their
business practices

• Ki
    King1970 Jul 13, 2010

let me guess...ur credit score is less than 400. !!!

• Yo
    Yourmom01 Sep 27, 2019

@King1970 Let me guess..you think having a not so great credit score gives a company the right to harrass you by phone with different numbers a week before the payment is due? Stupid cunt.

• Le
    Lemoe Tinoisamoa Apr 16, 2011

I agree with all the comments given about this company. They are down right rude and unprofessional in handling their customers. I was late for one month because I lost my job due to being diagnosed with cancer. Some guy called and demand we pay $800.00 dollars or they will repo. the car. I try to explain my situation but he said he did not care. I try to tell him I lost my job because of my situation but he told me I should have thought of that before I signed the papers. He harassed us for two weeks telling me I was not suppose to drive the car because I stole it from them because of nonpayments. He said he was going to call the police to find us on the road. I did not have my chemotherapy on that Wednesday because my blood pressure was so high. When we returned that day, there was a number for me to call. I called and he screamed at me and telling me to go look for families or friends that can loan me the money to pay them after he told me he was sending the repo. people to get the car. Then on the second week, he kept calling us to give them the address. Mind me, the address should be on my paperwork for my loan. Some girl called that same morning and asked for the address, so why is he asking us again? my husband got on the phone and argued with him because he heard me crying. Finally after fighting with him on the phone for almost a week, my husband told him the address, the next day we never heard from him again up until now. If I had known this, I would not have taken a car from this lot which associate with Westlake. I am thinking of suing the company for harassment and mental anguished because I missed my chemotherapy twice because of my blood pressure being high. My nurses and doctors asked me if there was something I was stressed about so they can help me deal with it so I can go forward with my treatment. I will definitely report this financial institution to the better business beaurer and see what they can do to businesses like this one.

• Pi
    pissedme off Aug 11, 2011

These people are crazy!!! We have HIPPA to protect us with our personal business being exposed in the medical profession but, these people are not professsional at all and they harass people when a payment is 2 days after the due date. They called my Mother's job and told them her business after she had already schedule her payment that was not "late" it was 2 days after the date due anyway, she had a bankdraft scheduled for that Monday which would have been 4 business days after the date due. These people need to be investigated and closed for slandering consumers and harassment.

• Ru
    Ruth Raleigh Sep 28, 2019

I am deeply sorry to hear about the lady who undergoes chemotherapy and what her experiences with Westlake Financial have been. Believe me, I have had a car repossessed not by Westlake Financial, but a little more than a year ago, involving another finance company. With the other financial company, I found that they have a GPS system that they use to find you. TWICE, on two separate occasions, I had this ugly unmarked tow truck show up to take my vehicle. These people that do these repossessions are RUTHLESS, yet, the ARE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH IT!! I was working as a visiting nurse in the community and they actually on both occasions came on to the property of my patients. The first occasion, I got in my car and refused to back down. The guy eventually left. About 4 months later, I was at a patient's home, and this patient had a gated secured property whereby they inadvertently left the security gate open while I was there to see my patient, and the so-and-so driving the tow truck drove on to the property, hooked my car up. I called the cops but because the tow truck driver already had my car hooked up there was nothing the cops could do. Talk about being horrified and mortified. What I am saying is that ALL of these financing companies are RUTHLESS and they will stop at nothing, including using GPS to find you and your car at any time of the day or night. Never mind them relying on the address verification. They will ALWAYS get over on the consumer by using GPS. Additionally, for the other complainant, I too received harassing phone calls in numbers for being just a couple of days late. Some how, these turds can get away just within the letter of the law. We as consumers need to stand strong, and demand change.

• Ru
    Ruth Raleigh Sep 28, 2019

What I forgot to mention in my previous commentary is that I did contact my attorney and asked her whether this was legal or not for the repossession company to enter private property that was someone else's private property to repossess my car, and the attorney said that yes, they can get away with that. What BS, but, unfortunately that is the law. Out here in California, there is absolutely little protection for the consumer. Other states, there is more protection for consumers.

rude and deserve to be shut down

I have been financed with this company since feb of last year. i was doing really good on my payments and was very proud of myself. after june i became a single mother and was having trouble making the full payment on time. so i would call ahead and ask the CSR to help. they allowed me to half my payment when i was having trouble paying. and i paid them whenever the date that i promised to pay. then one day, i called to let them know i would be late and the lady was very rude to me and even hang up on me! i was very shock. then back on march of this year i called because my payment was i think 5 days late already, and i told the lady i have to go to work early today and wont be able to make the payment today but i can the next day. and she told me okay ill call the repo people since you cant pay your car and hang up on me. and everytime i called back they kept hanging on me. i couldnt take it anymore. i tried to trade my car in but sadly the car has no value. and my credit is not that good. they keep bothering me at work and calling my reference number. finally on april i told them to just take the car and they never did. then they calle me on may and i told them the same thing.and i spoke to a "supervisor" and said they would take the car at the end of may. why?? after 3 months? so they finally came today at 4 in the morning to take my car. i went outside and ask the guy why he came at this time? why not during the day or the evening? since ive been tellin rhem to pick it up. the guy look really confused and surprised. he said he was told to repo it and just got it last night. he said he would put a complaint as well. please if anyone can help me do soething with this company it would be really great. i am a single mother and my job is more than 1 hour away and now i dont have a car.

• Tx
    TX2CALI Sep 14, 2010

Take all complaints to the Corporate Office, BBB, or the FTC. First off, no credit collections or any other
    agency is supossed to conatct you at work via phone. If you did not give the consent to this situation you
    need to complain to the supervisor or manager. Don't let them walk all over you. Remember you have rights,
    too! Unfortunatley, My husband & I are in a situation with Westlake Financial. A guy named ROBERT threatened to
    take our vehicle away when we have been making our payments.

will not take credit cards for final payment!

So I gave them my credit card # to make a payment and they screwed me up by taking to much so I had my bank take the money back thx wells Fargo! Then they not only will not take my payment by anything other than a non paper trail so I can track it but, they have refused my phone calls and put me on hold and in a circle finally hanging up! W T F ! And keep in mind I only have less than a thousand dollars left and I do have the money to pay off my truck AND THEY WILL NOT TAKE IT! So I am going to take to my bank tomorrow and see if I can pull a loan through my bank and let the bank handle these MOTHER ***KERS. If I would have know that this company was like this I would have NEVER! bought or had my loan through them! Think twice!, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ... I guess if push comes to shove I'll improve my credit while this whole *** is going on, tell all my friends on all the networking sites I have and maybe cause this joke of a company to go under!.

overcharges

My car payment was due December 6, 2009. I made a deposit on December 4, 2009 at Wells Fargo Bank using the provided deposit slip in my monthly statement.

On Monday, December 7th I get a call (at work) from Westlake Financial. They told me that they were calling at work because my home number was no good, and they wanted to know why I was late with my payment. I explained that it was deposited through Wells Fargo and the apologized and told me that sometimes it takes an extra day to post. (NOTE: My home phone was fine, but they didn't wait the 5 rings for the answering machine to pick up).

On Wednesday, December 9th my friends are calling me to tell me that Westlake Financial was calling them to find out if I moved away (skipped town). Note, they still hadn't posted the payment.

I called Westlake — and at their request — faxed over a copy of my deposit receipt. I was informed that I would need to contact Wells Fargo to straighten this out. When I call I was informed that since Westlake is their customer, and not me, they could not do anything. Westlake Financial would need to contact them. Telling this to Westlake was useless, as they wouldn't handle the issue. It wasn't until I told them that we can let this go to court that they decided to contact Wells Fargo Bank, who informed them that the deposit was made on the 4th (2 days early) and this was a bookkeeping error on one of the banks parts... not mine!

It took until December 24th for Westlake to post my payment. They consider my account one month past due and charged a $15 late fee, which they admitted should be removed.

Four days after the payment was posted — on December 28th — they mailed me a letter (Received January 2, 2010) saying my account has been sent to collection. I called them yet again and received the stock reply telling me that my account is fine and this "will be submitted for review".

I am writing this on January 8, 2010 and nothing has changed. Including today I have been submitted for review seven times. The late fee is still there, the account is still considered as late and I have yet to talk to a single person that has enough intelligence to boot up their own computer.

If you are considering using Westlake Financial Services I urge you to think this over. You are opening yourself up for a month of phone calls and hassles each time they make an accounting error, and you will NEVER reach anyone capable of resolving an issue. As of today, I am still “Under Review” and a late charge is still pending. I realize it would have been easier to pay the $15 than make over 20 telephone calls to resolve this — something I am still working at — and I am certain they rely on that for additional income.

January 11, 2010 I received an email saying:

"We apologize for the inconvenience that this incident has caused. However based on the information provided, the conditions necessary have been satisfied to rectify this unfortunate mistake. Your information has been cleared of all liability. If you have any other questions or concerns; please call our customer service department."

Now I need to call and see why I still am responsible for the late fee, as it has not been removed from my account.

• Ha
    harry sacco Jul 02, 2010

Hey Westlake!!! WHERE IS MY TITLE?! After enduring your (less than professional) business practices you owe me my vehicle title. I paid your B.S. fees and charges just to be done with you. And what's up with all the bogus charges? Are you having trouble making payroll without that money? I have paid you every red cent and you still have not come through. I want what is MINE! You bunch of lowlife dummies.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices