Menu

reviews & complaints

LoanCare Complaints Summary

77 Resolved
245 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from LoanCare with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Claimed
LoanCare has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of LoanCare. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

LoanCare complaints 322

Sort by:

Newest LoanCare reviews & complaints

3:47 pm EST

LoanCare Customer service (manager)

We received a letter on December 22, 2023 regarding NOTICE OF DATA BREACH and I contacted LoanCare because they only send me the reference membership number for me but the loan is in my wife and my name and they never sent one for her, I called 2 times asking to speak to the manager and all they said is they will get back to you between 5 and 7 business days, It's been a month and the manager never got back to me

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified LoanCare representatives only. If you are affiliated with LoanCare, please claim your business to access these details.

9:58 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It started in August 2023, when I switched Banks from Wells Fargo to Bank of America. I called Loan Care and said not to draft the payment because I did not receive my extra pay (it was held until the next pay period), and my $1500 State check was held for 10 days by Bank of America, due to a clearing house problem on their end! They attempted to draft the...

9:02 pm EST

LoanCare Letter saying my personal information, ssn, loan number etc. May have been obtained by the unauthorized third party.

I received a letter dated December 22nd saying that my information such as name, address, Social Security loan number may have been obtained by a third party without authorization. The letter is only in my name, but the loan is in my name and my wife's, they gave me a link to monitor my accounts for fraud, but only in my name, I called and wanted to talk to the manager because they also have to send a link to my wife since her name is also on the account, and they told me that the manager would call me within 5 workings days it's been almost 2 weeks, and no one has contacted me

Is LoanCare legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals LoanCare as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 23% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, LoanCare stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering LoanCare should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

LoanCare earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: LoanCare achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for LoanCare. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of LoanCare's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Myloancare.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows LoanCare website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up LoanCare and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with LoanCare's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 23% of 0 complaints were resolved.
  • If you purchased a website from LoanCare that is currently for sale, and you did not receive what you paid for, you may be a victim of a scam. To try and get your money back, you can try contacting the seller, filing a dispute with the payment platform, or reporting the seller to the relevant authorities.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to LoanCare. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
U
3:31 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

LoanCare Mortgage not crediting payments sent

Loancare Lakeview sent letter from their attorney saying that they were filing foreclosure paperwork. The checks were mailed and Loancare stated they never received them. I finally sent a email asking what I needed to do to keep my house and not a response. Filled out several applications for modifications and forebeance and nothing. They act like I did not send them any information. Every time I called them I would get the runaround of what I needed. Very frustrating because this has been going to for years not knowing what was happening. Also I was not notified of any data breach either. They are a terrible company. They have caused so many issues and they cheat and rob people.

Claimed loss: Monthly payments not being received or found and applied to my account. Not knowing what is going to. Unable to access or make payment online. This all has caused me to get behind on my payments.

Desired outcome: Reinstate my past due account balance and let me start paying online. Take care of any notifications or issues with my home going to be foreclosed on.

D
3:10 pm EST

LoanCare Mortgage payment / online payment

I attempted to pay my monthly mortgage this morning, only to be given an error message three times on the website. I then called the 800 number and paid through that with a confirmation number. Hours later, I received three emails confirming the three error payments, essentially charging me FOUR times for one monthly payment. Tried calling the phone number over 20 times just to hear "no agents available." Tried emailing just to get a "email not monitored" message. At this point, I'm just being robbed of three extra monthly payments because nobody can pick up the phone and the website is completely broken. I am likely going to look into legal action due to the three extra charges for payment.

W
10:49 am EST

LoanCare My mortgage - cannot get a human being on the phone

Hello - I have been trying to get in touch with this mortgage company for the last 24 hours. I cannot get a human being and keep getting a message stating if you are calling within business hours and getting this message we apologize for the delay. If you are getting this message after hours, please call back on the next business day eastern time 8am - 5pm. Than it disconnects every time and no matter what prompt I pick, cannot get a human being. I made a payment on the website yesterday and it kept saying error so I assummed it didn't go through. I than see in my email, 5 different confirmations that they got the payment which will result in almost $11,000 - this cannot happen - I need to make sure that only one payment is going to post and I cannot get a human being!

Desired outcome: HAVE A HUMAN ANSWER A PHONE AND TO MAKE SURE THAT THE PAYMENT ONLY POSTS ONCE AND HONESTLY FOR ALL THE AGRAVATION, THEY SHOULD COMPENSATE SOMEHOW.

5:47 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

LoanCare Loancare website/portal to pay your mortgage.

This is a complete loss of executive confidence, your site was compromised, and no one can make any payments etc, your total responsibility is a disgrace to the public! and its customers. I can assure you complaints are being forward to the FEDS and Regulators as they should. The lack of communication, direction and support is pathetic, all senior executives should be fired!

You let all these customers down by not giving the proper support when your site went offline for week plus... Once I have the opportunity to sell, I will never use your company or affiliates.

Your executives and the decisions made by them has resulted in what happened.

D. Hicks

R. Tovar

Desired outcome: Remove Executives from their responsibilities and replace with people know what they're doing.

1 comment
T
T
Tracie Jenkins
, US
Feb 14, 2024 6:29 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company is a joke.. After the hack paying my mortgage online has been impossible and by phone.. Get it together!

2:32 pm EST

LoanCare Unable to pay mortgage & website down

Today is November 29 and I have been trying to pay my mortgage since Nov. 22nd through the Lakeview LoanCare Website, but it has been down. I have even tried calling and the message center only says select option 5 to speak with a representative and when doing so it puts you on hold then hangs up.

I am not sure what the problem is but I do not expect to be charged a late fee for a mortgage payment I have been trying to pay for week. I have not received a phone call, text message or email informing me of what is going on.

Something needs to be done to inform myself and other mortgagees of what is happening with our personal information and mortgage status.

R. Grice

A
7:22 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been trying to pay my mortgage for a week now. My first attempt was on Nov 22nd paying online and the website returned a 404 not found error. I assumed the website was down for maintenance and went to bed thinking I'd pay in the morning. The next morning I had the same issue. Couldn't access the online portal. So I tried calling them and hot an...

S
7:41 pm EST

LoanCare Payment Website

I have tried logging onto Lakeview LoanCare payment website since last week 11/22/23. I've called customer service on Friday 11/24/23, and they can't access anything and have no information, so they're useless, they couldn't tell me if we we're going to be charged late fees, if this isn't resolved before my payment due date. I've tried sending an email today 11/27/23, and that is also not being monitored now. We have not received notification regarding issues and when all this will be resolved. Need contact information to send certified overnight payment but I can't get any help.

B
4:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased my home on June 10, 2021. Loancare purchased the loan in August 2021. I received a delinquent notice from Harris County Property tax office early August so I called the tax office immediately and they said that loancare paid the taxes. but they were late. so I called Loancare and asked 5 people WHY? were any taxes paid from my account LATE? no...

K
9:14 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, I've been trying to pay my mortgage for Nov, since November the 20th. Yes, I know its late after the 15th, I'll will have to pay a late fee. However, since last Thursday there has been know way to pay my mortgage. Typically, I pay using the LoanCare mobile app. The app as of Wednesday Nov 22nd has been down. I went to LoanCare website, the website...

A
4:54 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had refinanced w a small company that then sold to these two companies apparently. I was in the process of refinancing and I came down w Covid on Thanksgiving day 2021. Mind you I had never missed a payment on anything in my life and my credit report showed that to be true. But I got deathly sick and was put on short term disability and I am single so no...

6:53 pm EDT

LoanCare Home loan

I received a Debt Validation Letter, dated September 10th and received on September 20th that I missed payments in August and September of this year. Both payments were made within the grace period.

After talking with customer service, I was told my payment had been increased in August and notification was sent and my payments in August was delinquent by $78.50 dollars. Iwas also told that my August payment was not credited until September. I dispute ever receiving notice of an increase in my payment. On the letter sent to me the Itemized items listed as overdue add up to $2,203.87.

Of this amount $2200 was paid. The balance due, $3.87 was paid with the September payment which was also made within the grace period. Any other unlisted charges and a late fee of $47.27 were also made.

A report was also made to the credit bureaus and my credit score has been adversely affected.

Desired outcome: First, I expect a correction be made with all the credit agencies. Second, I want an explanation as to why my mortgage payment was increased.

11:44 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

LoanCare Website not working for a month to do payments or modify auto draft

This website does not work for a month already, it is impossible tomake paymets or any adjustments to auto draft unless you call customer service and spend 45 minutes on hold. I did reported online, oer the phone and I do have screenshots for 20 days with the page showing an error message... But if you are late with a payment, you are reported to the Bureau of Credit within 24 hours.

View 0 more photos
4:25 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Currtent Mortgage company Loancare, switch original owners name after death of original owner/barrower creating pass due debt by refusing payments for the open loan. Past due balance generated during Pandemic and State of Emergency Loancare accounting department enforcing felony perjury Mortgage Fraud, employees are subjected to being shot dead at their job...

J
12:13 pm EDT

LoanCare Escrow refund

I received a letter several weeks ago from LoanCare stating that a check for an overage in my escrow account was sent years ago! LoanCare sold my mortgage to NationStar in 2021. I filled out the paper provided for them to resend the check and have not received it yet. That they would hold on to my refund for years, then contact me via mail to say they refunded me an overage in my escrow account, ask me to return a form, and then still not send the refund seems unconscionable.

Desired outcome: I would like my refund for the $281.00 overage.

S
1:37 pm EDT

LoanCare LOANCARE LLC Mortgage

I was not quite 30 days late with a loancare mortgage, they called me and I said that I would make the payment before the end of the month. Then the Loancare representative offered to set up a payment plan "to help catch me up". but they did not disclose that by taking their assistance it would push me beyond 30 days late and they will immediately report it(which they did). They failed to disclose this information even after I specifically asked about the effects of their plan, I, unfortunately, didn't realize that if you are offered their assistance and pay as agreed, they still will declare you in default . They sent me a letter (postmarked the day I went into default) that basically said "they may report this", but it was too late at that point. I was told later by another representative that I will get a late payment on my credt report for each of the months of their "assistance plan". She literally she said to my wife "why did you take this plan you, shouldnt have listened to him"(paraphrased) I promptly got caught up, but my credit report tanked anyway.

To make matters worse, (after I complained time and time again) I suddenly noticed that the late payments were removed (for 2 months), so I literally thought it was resolved. Then, on the 3rd month, they are reporting me as 1 late payment and when questioned "they do not know why this happened", they say they never removed it.

They Failed to disclose pertinent information in a timely manner that I needed to make an informed decision even when I specifically asked for it. I would never have taken their plan if a truthful and complete answer to my very specific question was given. Countless interactions with them never helped as you can't speak to the decison maker who could rectify this situation. I had promised to make the payment, and was going to make the payment until "assistance" was offered and my questions of the effects were not disclosed to me when I asked for them.

Desired outcome: permanently remove the negative reporting to credit bureas and all other negative affects associated with me taking the assistance plan.

K
3:44 pm EDT

LoanCare Charging me twice

I paid my mortgage on 8/1/23 because I knew I was going to be low on funds and wanted to make sure I paid my mortgage. The representative told me by paying early we would not get an automatic withdrawl on 8/5/23 which is our due date. Well, on 8/7/23 we realized I was put in overdraft because they were doing the automatic payements. They took out the last $284.02, then when my husband put $1,000 deposit into my account they took another $668.75 which totals my loan of $957.25 (approx). So theyre making me go through their research company via email to prove they took out those separate charges which adds up to a second payment for the month of August. I sent my complaint to BBB which hopefully will get them moving to show that I did in fact pay twice which should have never happened. We removed automatic payments and will pay online from now on as it will show up on our bank statement or by check which will prove we did in fact paid. I have paid diligently for 8 years not one problem, now they are making it so hard to just show they got paid twice and to refund me back for one of the payments. Not happy!

Desired outcome: My refund from8/7/23 in two separate withdraws from my bank.

L
11:09 am EDT

LoanCare Mortgage

The First Error

According to what I have found out I was offered a flex trial by a Loancare Agent, Pamela, on 7/28/2022. The flex trial started in August; she took my first payment over the phone in the amount of $ 1,430.92 CK# 1492. This was for the August payment. I was informed that I had to make three payments, August, September, and October. I made the payments on time in each of the months noted. However, please note there was a difference in the last two months. The payments required from Loan care were for $ 1,431.21 an additional $ 0.29. At the time this was not significant to me and was focused on insuring payments were made in the correct month.

After making the 3 months of payments I should have received modification paperwork to complete the process. However, I did not. I contacted Loancare and was informed that I only made 2 payments not 3. I was also informed that my only option was to file for another modification. I did so and was denied in December 2022.

In January I found all the bank records and reference numbers confirming that I made three payments. However, I was told by Loancare agents that I only made two on my trial.

After receiving the 30-day notice of Foreclosure I called once again to attempt to resolve the issue. I was finally forwarded to a Loss Mitigation Specialist, Latoya ID77701.

The agent did some research and told me that the first trial I was offered by Pamela on 7/28/2022 was not approved. At the time there was a second trial that was approved. The difference in payment was $ 0.29 and started in September not August. This is why the following September and October payments were $ 0.29 higher.

Latoya contacted underwriting and then contacted me. She explained that if I was willing to make a “Good Faith” payment that the foreclosure would be suspended, and I would begin making new trial payment March 2023. Payment was made 2/9/2023 for $ 1,431.21 Confirmation number 13552LSF.

The Second Error

On 3/7/2023, My home was sold in foreclosure. This was in direct contradiction to the agreement made on 2/9/2023 where I made a “good faith” payment. A new flex trial did not start, and the foreclosure was not rescinded.

I contacted Loancare and was able to get in touch with a senior Loss Mitigation Specialist, Kelly ID KMG. After reviewing the notes on my file, she advised that she needed to involve senior leadership on the next step. She called me back that afternoon to inform me that it may take a few days before she had any news.

Since that time, I have made numerous calls to Loancare to find out the status. On 4/20/2023, I was finally able to contact Loancare Agent David, ID 14678. After explaining the issues, he noted the number of escalations and number of different people working on my file. He promised to review and get back to me ASAP, noting that it was very important that I have a single person to discuss this with to resolve.

David never followed back-up on my file. I called back on, 4/28/23 for which he was unavailable, and I was able to talk with Kelly, ID KNG. She advised that a loan modification was not sent out because I did not ask for one. I asked her for the loan modification application, and she responded that it would be sent out. She further advised me to contact “Office of the Customer.”

To this date I do not have a loan modification application. I received a letter on 5/7/2023 that my loan was in default and if it was not brought current by 6/1/2023 accelerated foreclosure would begin. The date of the letter was 4/27/2023. One day before talking to Kelly and seven days after talking to David.

As of 5/9/2023 12:00PM

I was only able to speak to someone in the escalation department, Janesha ID# 14734, who informed me that she has messaged David asking for him to call me and provide an update.

As of today Loancare has filed for Foreclosure and then reversed. Acknowledge the errors over the phone, but unwilling to resolve. Now they are transferring my loan to another servicer evidently without any correction.

Desired outcome: Complete the modification, remove the late payments on my credit report as I could not make payments the loan, remove the accrued interest.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

LoanCare contacts