WestJet Airlineswrong information at the boarding gate prevent me to get on my flight

J Aug 02, 2019

Good morning

I was a passenger on flight from Georgetown, Bahamas via Atlanta US and Toronto to Ottawa Canada on 25 July 2019. I was traveling with Delta until Toronto. In Toronto at the boarding gate I showed my ticket to agents Ms. Maddison and Ms. Stephany from WestJet as they were boarding passengers to Ottawa on WestJet plane. I have been told that I will be boarded to Delta plane later at the very same gate. So I was waiting and ask again since at the electronic display WestJet plane was the only plane to Ottawa. After third attempt I found out that it was my plane but is gone now. So I asked for supervisor, Ms. Taryn who to my biggest surprise told me that she heard agent advise me to stay in the lane for WestJet plane. Also she didn't put me on the later plane but booked one in the morning next day 7:00 AM, 26 July. I was also sent to WestJet Customers Service at Gate B25 and Mr. Prakes who supposed to help me but looked at the computer notes left by supervisor and said everything was done properly. The only help was gentleman name Bruno, very polite and understanding but unfortunately nothing could be done. I feel it was your employees fault or misunderstanding and I think more could be done, instead after long day it was another 10 hours at the airport. After all this was a bad experience with your company.

Sincerely. Jacob Kruszewski