Menu

reviews & complaints

WestJet Airlines Complaints Summary

20 Resolved
827 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from WestJet Airlines with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for WestJet Airlines has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of WestJet Airlines. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

WestJet Airlines complaints 847

Sort by:

Newest WestJet Airlines reviews & complaints

D
7:42 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines Westjet offer to deposit and use $50 towards any flight.

On Aug 16 in good faith, I signed into my Westjet Rewards Account and booked a flight from Vancouver to Calgary. I paid the flight in full, and did not use any of my Reward $'s. My Reward # is [protected].

On Aug 17 at 2:35 AM I received an email notifying me that I have an "Exclusive Member Offer" and that $50 had been deposited into my Westjet Rewards Account to use on any flight. "Bonus Westjet Dollars just for you" if I booked on Aug 17 or 18. . Obviously this was very irritating, as I just booked my flight a 1/2 day earlier on Aug 16. Feeling that this was not fair, and after thinking about it for a few days, I called your Customer Service Dept today and asked if $50 could be applied to the booking I made on Aug 16. After holding on the phone for well over 1/2 an hour, I was told that there was nothing anyone could do for me. The Attendant was very polite and I have no doubt that she was trying to be helpful - she contacted the Rewards Department who told her there was nothing they could do. So effectively the "exclusive" offer was not really offered to me - you make the offer at 2:35 AM a 1/2 day after I book my flight while I am asleep!

So my request is that someone at Westjet can see that this is totally unfair to me, and that the $50 credit is applied to the flight I booked on Aug 16. Do I really have to cancel my flight and rebook to take advantage of your "exclusive" offer? That is what I was told I "should have done" within 24 hours of my Aug 16 booking. If you want to make "exclusive" offers to your Westjet Rewards Members, then surely you should be prepared to deal with these type of "one-off" situations that occur through no fault of your customer. Why do I get penalized for booking in good faith 1/2 day too early?

B
5:22 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines flights

Flight from New York LaGuardia to Toronto yyz was delayed for 6 hours. NOT one single employee or flight attendant or even the pilot apologized for this delay. When I spoke to a lady in LaGuardia on the west jet she was disgusting and rude towards me and refused to address my question of moving flight. I also missed a flight home to the UK due to the delay. I had to pay $1452 to get a new flight. Upon arrival to YYZ I was told that there is nothing that can be done therefore I spent 19 hours in YYZ airport because WestJet refused to put me up in a hotel for the night because they were at fault for making me miss my flight. I have a heart condition too and this whole ordeal caused major issues that I am still having to deal with. I'm 23 and had spent over three months away from home to work and I state again NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON APOLOGIZED

11:18 am EDT

WestJet Airlines misleading information on westjet vacation package

Four women traveled to Cancun for a 4 night getaway...well, at least we thought it was 4 nights. Our travel documents clearly stated 4 night. We came to learn on day 2 our flight was a red eye and we were actually checking out the night before! We had no idea. The front desk clerk who did our check out even asked why we were leaving early! We were in their computer for 4 nights accommodation. I emailed the customer complaint department and they don't feel the information is misleading at all. I have now sent a registered letter to Westjet head office. I contacted TICO and they agreed with me but unfortunately they can't do anything about it. I want Westjet to make it right. There isn't an Ombudsman's office you can contact so basically if customer care says no...that's it! That's the end of the line. You have to accept their decision. As I told them...little fish...big pond so they really don't care what I think or who I tell. Westjet won't go bankrupt if I don't use them for travel any more! The travel industry as a whole is terrible. They change their pricing like they change their socks. Really disappointed in Westjet's lack of customer service.

C
7:51 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines booked flight

I made a mistake! Please help! I booked a oneway flight for my son to come home, using my WestJet app. It was a basic fair and I was certain I put his information in, but the itinerary shows up in my name. I'm not sure what happened but after talking to the call center reps they told me there is nothing they can do. I have lost that fair and must buy him a new ticket?!?! I am a single mom looking to get my son home before school, I can't afford to by another full priced fair? His last name is the same as mine and it would only be a matter of changing the first name on his ticket..This was a mistake and now I'm stuck looking for a way to get him home?! Really WestJet, this is how you treat your customers?😡

M
7:33 am EDT

WestJet Airlines flight

I booked a ticket, for my self and 3 kids. We got to the airport yesterday to get on the flight, I have already checked in so it was only my back that need to be checked in, but the delay me until 20 minutes to flight departure to tell me I can't get on the flight I will need a new ticket. I have called 6 times trying to get on a different flight but they refused and said I need new tickets

J
5:07 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines medical form denied

I was denied simple accommodation that wouldn't take away from anyone because ... well I don't know why. My family physician completed and signed the medical form requesting a seat that had extra leg room by the aisle. The reason being that I had a pulmonary embolism occur from flying many years ago and when I fly long distances now, I need to be able to move and stretch my legs regularly. I am tall and I have long legs. I had requested a change to business class and there were non available on the 5 WestJet flights this month. The medical form was a solution to my health concerns while flying because I almost died from my blood clot. The doctors don't know how I lived. I would like to never go through that again. I will always be concerned about getting another embolism when I fly despite wearing compression stockings. The fact that I was denied is inexcusable and paints the picture that I am not important. I feel like i'm being given the finger and told to go away, no one cares. I really just wanted someone to work with me so I could get confirmation that I don't have to worry about where i'll be sitting and instead I feel emotionally drained from this experience and the lack of communication from the med desk. What do I need to do, to get taken seriously? Apparently a signed request from my doctor is not enough. I'm left feeling very hurt and abandoned and not cared for at all. What's your polices around customer service again? It is, in my opinion, a human rights issue when my very minor disability is the cause of such an upset.

Jennifer Rading
[protected]

10:52 am EDT

WestJet Airlines lack of compassion

Just wanted to complain about your lack of compassion with your refusal of refunding fare for my daughter. She is unable to make planned trip with the death of my sister (her aunt) and would expect a refund under these circumstances. These same circumstances also added at least 4 fares for Westjet travelling the opposite direction to attend the funeral. I will have to think twice about flying with Westjet in the future and will let as many know about your lack of compassion. I wish I knew this ahead of time so these other fares weren't purchased.
Please reconsider your decision
Dana Chappell for my daughter Julia Chappell( traveller affected Flight #737 Aug15 and Flight#736 Aug19)
[protected] or dana.[protected]@sympatico.ca

5:06 am EDT

WestJet Airlines non refundable flight

My friend Leanne Turner and I purchased return tickets through Travelocity on West Jet leaving from Vancouver on July 6, 2018 at 9am arriving in Las Vegas 11:43am. returning back home on July 10th.

We checked in online the night before and obtained our boarding passes Seat 26C and 26D Gate E80 boarding at 8:20am. WestJet confirmation code: PNR XULREZ. flight WS1788. We also paid to have two bags of luggage checked in.

We arrived at the long term parking and waited for a while for the sky train to arrive. It took longer than we anticipated. We went to the west jet kiosk and were having trouble scanning our passes with our phones and was not able to find anyone to help us.

We then waited in a line up to go through the check in and were told that we were to late (by about 5 minutes) and were not able to board the plane. We were told if we didn't have baggage to check in that we could have got on. Our baggage was already paid for and neither of us had carryons.

They were unable to get us on the next available flight and said it was due to the type of tickets we purchased were non refundable/no changes or cancellations.

We did purchase Travel Guard-travel insurance Policy number: [protected], booking#[protected]

The only effort made was from girl we first dealt with at the check in who went and spoke with a Manager which took a super long time, meanwhile the clock was ticking. The manager, I didn't catch her name basically said nothing they could do.

I immediately checked flights leaving from Bellingham with Allegiant air and got on the phone with Travelocity to see if their was anything they could do to make sure we could still use our return flight home on West Jet. That way we could get a friend to drive us to Bellingham and we would only have to purchase a one way ticket to Las Vegas.

As I was on the phone with Travelocity West Jet cancelled both our flights. At that point Travelocity said it was out of their hands and we had to go back to the West Jet counter.

We did this and the Manager came back and said, "you are still here" We said yes, we are trying to get our return flight home. I was crying and they were completely unhelpful and she pretty much just walked away from us and didn't want to deal with us. I was upset as we purchased very expensive tickets $265 U.S. each which worked out to $942.85 Canadian to see Aerosmith in Las Vegas, I'm a single mother of two boys, we were both celebrating our 50th birthdays and we had no flight.

Our Travelocity Itinerary number was [protected]

We were going to Vegas no matter what. It just was extremely disappointing how the WestJet staff were so unwilling to help us. I found them to be very cold and not in the least bit empathetic to how we were feeling.

We had to purchase complete new flights to and from Bellingham as well as an extra night at the Hotel. I had no money to do this and luckily my friend was able to cover the cost. I now owe her money which was not budgeted for.

*I would like a full refund for our tickets that WestJet cancelled*

Shannon Grata

6:38 am EDT

WestJet Airlines cancelled flights and delayed baggage

We arrived at the check-in desk at Glasgow at about 7am, 13 July, where we were told that the flights WS31 & WS235 had been cancelled due to crew sickness. We had received no email notification although some fellow-travellers had, and had spent the previous night at a Premier Inn near the airport as our house is a two hour drive away and it was an early check-in time. We were told to come back to the check-in desk in an hour, when we would be given an update on alternative arrangements. When we returned, we and other travellers were told we would be accommodated in the Holiday Inn at the airport for the night and vouchers were handed out to cover the cost of meals. Also, they would put us on a flight the next day, Sunday 14 July, to Halifax, but that we would have to stay overnight there and get a flight on Monday to Calgary. We all wheeled our baggage over to the Hotel, only to be told by a stressed manager that Westjet knew the number of rooms he had available, but kept sending over more people than he could accommodate. We returned to Westjet check-in and were then told we would be put up in the Glynhill Hotel in Paisley. A taxi was ordered and we and several other travellers were transported there. We had been told at check-in that a bus would collect us all at 8am the next morning. We and other travellers were ready for the bus but it was never appearing. The hotel knew nothing about the arrangements and Westjet didn't make any contact with the travellers. Very soon it became evident no bus was coming, so we all ordered taxis. My husband and I were the last to leave at 8.35am and there was still no bus. We arrived at check-in and were booked through to Halifax on WS4102. When we went to baggage reclaim, only one checked bag arrived. After enquiring of the baggage handler, we were informed that as the plane was overloaded, 12 checked bags had been taken off. They would fly it to Calgary then deliver it to us when it arrived in Calgary the next evening. As we were travelling for the next few days and not booked into motels anywhere, we had to call into the airport in Calgary to collect the bag ourselves on 16 July. We needed the contents before we reached our final destination in Idaho.
We feel we are justifiably entitled to compensation to cover the overnight accommodation at the Premier Inn in Glasgow, the lack of communication from Westjet to us regarding the cancellations, the lack of any communication from Westjet to the Glynhill Hotel about the bus pick-up, the taxi fare from the Glynhill Hotel to the airport, the loss of two days holiday, the delayed baggage and the general disappointment and upset of the whole trip. We travel once a year to the USA to see our grandchildren so this was a big disappointment for them too. Also, it was our first time flying with Westjet, which was a major disappointment.

E
3:23 am EDT

WestJet Airlines west jet flights

After my journey last week i will NEVER be flying west jet again, if i pay 700 odd pounds for my flights, i expect their to be entertainment on my long flights! 10 hours there and back and on both flights your entertaonment sytem wasnt working! When i complained, the staff were able to guess i had am android phone which means this is clearly a problem you are aware yet you feel its appropriate not to warn people, no food, no entertainment for over 20 hours, this is my first trip of many over the bext year but after those flights i think ill go for a more professional airline.

11:16 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WestJet Airlines flight delay and cancellation

Hello Westjet,

I am writing to you to let you know about my recent terrible experience with Westjet:

1. I booked a flight from Halifax to Paris (July 19, 2019) and Paris to Halifax (July 30, 2019) however a few months after I was told that I have been rebooked on a flight from Halifax to Montreal and Montreal to Paris.

2. On the day of this flight from Halifax to Montreal (July 19, 2019) The filght was delayed and we were given numerous different reasoons by the staff "storm in Montreal" (NOT TRUE), crew delayed as they were coming on a flight from Toronto . We waited for about two hours and then our flight took off. On reaching Montreal our connecting flight to Paris (Air France) had already left and we were put on an Air Transat Flight. We were asked to take our bags and check them in again which was quiet an oredeal as we checked in which took a long time, we had to go through security and finally we made it to out boarding gates just in time for boarding.

Why I call this an ORDEAL is as when I booked my original flight from Halifax to Paris I did not sign up for all this. The experience was supposed to be effortless but this was a nightmare. The trip was supposed to a relaxing holiday but here we seemed to be fighting againt odds and somehow making it to catch our flight.

3. But the worst experience of all was when we got back from Paris. The iteniary was Paris to Toronto and Toronto to Halifax. The Air France Flight was fine till Toronto but when we reached here we were told that the Flight from Toronto to Halifax (July 30, 2019) was cancelled due to "Maintainance". I was then told that I could only be rebooked for a flight the next day (July 31). This was a big problem for me since I had to be at work on July 31. I repeatdly requested to be put on the next flight to Halifax but was not accomadated. The other ordeal was waiting in the line to get rebooked, a regular wait is alright but in this case we were waiting in the line for more than 3 hours with all our luggage, I in my case had a toddler and a senior with me both were extremly troubled. Finally I was put on a flight from Toronto to Halifax for July 31st and ended up missing a day of work.

I get a limited number of days for paid vacation and I had used them in going to Europe and had planned to be back at work on July 31st accordingly but your shoddy scheduling of flights lead to me missing a day of work.

To sum it all up this entire trip was a great ordeal and I am extremly disappointed with Westjet's unprofessional behaviour. I had to check in and check out my luggage and run around airports when I had originally booked a direct flight. I had to miss a day of work and had a harrowing wait at the airport while getting rebooks. In all none of the flights I too with Westjet were normal or without issues.

I expect to receive appropreate compensation for my ordeal

J
9:52 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WestJet Airlines wrong information at the boarding gate prevent me to get on my flight

Good morning

I was a passenger on flight from Georgetown, Bahamas via Atlanta US and Toronto to Ottawa Canada on 25 July 2019. I was traveling with Delta until Toronto. In Toronto at the boarding gate I showed my ticket to agents Ms. Maddison and Ms. Stephany from WestJet as they were boarding passengers to Ottawa on WestJet plane. I have been told that I will be boarded to Delta plane later at the very same gate. So I was waiting and ask again since at the electronic display WestJet plane was the only plane to Ottawa. After third attempt I found out that it was my plane but is gone now. So I asked for supervisor, Ms. Taryn who to my biggest surprise told me that she heard agent advise me to stay in the lane for WestJet plane. Also she didn't put me on the later plane but booked one in the morning next day 7:00 AM, 26 July. I was also sent to WestJet Customers Service at Gate B25 and Mr. Prakes who supposed to help me but looked at the computer notes left by supervisor and said everything was done properly. The only help was gentleman name Bruno, very polite and understanding but unfortunately nothing could be done. I feel it was your employees fault or misunderstanding and I think more could be done, instead after long day it was another 10 hours at the airport. After all this was a bad experience with your company.

Sincerely. Jacob Kruszewski

4:54 am EDT

WestJet Airlines flight delay

We were scheduled to fly from Montreal YUL airport to Toronto Pearson international airport with Westjet as a connecting flight to el al that would take us to Tel Aviv Ben gurion airport. The westjet flight was delayed (they claimed because of bad weather conditions in Toronto and a false fire alarm in Montreal airport) but nevertheless me 19 and my younger sister 13 missed our connection flight plus another 8 passengers. They had the audacity to offer us another flight that would have an 11 and a half hour wait in Amsterdam until we got on a plane from there to tel Aviv. After standing on our feet all day on Thursday June 20 from 3pm to 10pm (yes that's how long it took them to help us get on another flight) we told them there is no way we are taking such a horrible flight as we are two young girls and we already were tired. Not only that but we missed a huge family event because of their bad service so thank you. We ended up only getting a flight on the following Sunday and it had no perks. When we asked for the manager, they brought other employees who claimed they were the manager but were lying and after arguing with them for 2 hours with 3 other passengers who also were stuck in Montreal for the weekend because of the delay, they gave us premium seats on only 1 connection flight and not both since we had a return flight with them as well and all it was was sitting in a lousy seat in the front of the plane. And the saddest thing was that they fought so hard NOT to give us premium seats
that are basically worthless anyways (maybe that's why they didnt want to give us the seats cause they knew how embarrassing it is that they call seats in the front of the plane PREMIUM SEATS and they charge people more money for zero special service) when they had wrecked our whole trip to tel aviv. Thank you westjet for giving the worst customer service out there. I will NEVER fly again with you and I will tell EVERYONE I know NOT to fly with you because your service is GARBAGE and NO ONE should support a company that does NOT CARE about their clients.

6:39 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines no hotel compensation for horrible flight delay

Westjet reservation code: krorbi

I am writing to address my concern and request for compensation from westjet airline. I booked my flights through westjet on june 1, 2019, to fly from calgary, ab canada, to richmond, va usa; westjet put me and my husband on delta airline for the flights between atlanta, va, to richmond, va. the problem we had happened on july 17, 2019. our flight from richmond to atlanta, which westjet had put us on a delta plane, was not able to land at atlanta airport because of a storm there. our 1 hour 45 minutes flight turned into a 4 hour 45 minutes flight, and because of this, we missed our plane back to calgary on july 17, 2019. after lining up for two and a half hours at the concourse in atlanta airport to talk to a delta airline agent, she helped us re-booked the next flight back to calgary on july 18, 2019; however, when I asked her about any compensation for hotel to stay overnight in atlanta, she said that all the hotel compensation/allowance had run out. my husband and I ended up having to find our own hotel in a city that we did not know, and we found a hotel, which was the dirtiest and most dingy we had ever stayed, for us$69.81. this experience with the flights and having no compensation for hotels from westjet was horrible. I believe that westjet should compensate for our hotel cost, or westjet should help us get the compensation from delta for our hotel cost, as I booked all these flights through westjet.
I look forward to westjet's reply. thanks.

Sincerely,
Sau fan brocke

V
5:47 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines personal treatment/food on my flight

I am a silver customer(Silver [protected]) flying premium and I flew to Kelowna BC from Toronto and back (July 12 to July 19). I need to put in a formal complaint for the treatment I received from the same flight attendant there and back. She was not accommodating of my vegetarian needs. I am a vegetarian who does not eat eggs nor dairy. I am a 6 foot 4 inch tall man who requires food like everyone else on a 5+ hour flight. I requested an alternative as I did not eat eggs, nor ham nor yogourt and she denied me an alternative on my flight there on July 12. I had to walk to the back of the plane myself to find a cheese and cracker tray to eat as a premium + silver customer. On July 19, on my way back I asked for pringles and a humous alternative as I had dental surgery and could not have the caramel popcorn and peanuts. She absolutely refused to accommodate me and I starved the whole entire flight. She provided me with a cheese plate. So the entire flight I ate a few crackers because I do not eat dairy. I unfortunately could not purchase anything because I had accidently checked my wallet in my bag, although I should not have to pay extra but I was hungry. Not only is this behaviour appalling and not inclusive generally speaking but furthermore I travel as a premium silver customer on West Jest and this is the last thing I expect. She was aware I was a silver premium flyer as I flew with her on July 12 and she continued to be unaccommodating. There will be vegetarian people such as myself travelling on West Jet in 2019 what is the plan of action. My stomach is a mess today because I had absolutely nothing to eat and I am on a high protein diet being a tall man. In 2019 I can get a "Beyond meat burger" at Tim Horton's but I can get absolutely nothing to eat on a West Jet flight. To add insult to injury, when I contacted customer service today, I was offered a $50 credit and told to buy food at the airport next time (when I boarded the plane at almost midnight in Kelowna there wasn't much open). So not only do I pay premium rates flying with West Jet as a loyal Silver customer I must also buy food prior to boarding because the airline I have chosen to be loyal to appreciates every other customer but me and other vegetarian people.

P
5:16 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines unethical behaviour

Reservation /Confirmation Code KOFWZQ Patseta Bennett Ticket #[protected] issued June 11. 2019 Frequent Flyer #WS285658030

2019/ 7/14, 11:06 AM
Ed.Sims@westjet.com;
PAT BENNETT;
[protected]@live.com
...
On June 30/2019 I was checking in at LAX for my return flight to Toronto (YYZ). The West Jet representative I encountered was unprofessional, his tone and the way he spoke to me was extremely condescending, he was disrespectful, and treated me as if I was an insignificant object standing before him. After weighing my luggage, he advised that one piece was overweight, so I removed the 1.5lbs and gave it to my sister to take home. He then said to me "are you sure she is going to take it home because that bag over there, it is your carry-on luggage right".
I replied yes, it is "well that will have to be checked in because it seems to be overweight and its too bulky, plus you have that bag and the one around your shoulder so that is 3 pieces of luggage'". I replied and said, "this cross-body bag on my shoulder just has my wallet and my travel documents and when we are done here it will go in my handbag". "Oh well, "as I said before that piece of luggage will need to be checked on" referring to my carryon. At this point I was feeling anxious, disrespected so I asked him "why are you targeting me, why are you picking on me, I have anxiety flying and you are making me extremely anxious and you are elevating my blood pressure, please stop this embarrassment. Do you have a problem with me because I'm black and I'm seated in Seat 1A and you think I don't deserve to be seated there? Do you think I'm going to become belligerent and start acting out so that I can lose my opportunity to fly home tonight, well, sorry I'm not that kind of person so please stop harassing me"? I mentioned, "this is my six (6) flight with West Jet in less than a year to the US and the Caribbean and never have I felt so harassed and humiliated". At this point he grabbed a box from behind the counter and jumped over the counter and put it over my carryon luggage and the box fell over the luggage to the ground. He picked the box up with a huff and jumped back over the counter. At this point, I noticed that his teammates were trying not to look at the spectacle that was happening.
The representative then walked away from the counter went to speak with another agent and left me standing there without my passport, my seat assignment or my claim tickets for the two pieces of luggage that was checked in. After waiting for a few minutes, I walked over to another agent and asked her "please get my documents for me" which she did. The most disdainful part of this issue is I had to check in at Terminal 2, but the flight leaves out of Terminal 3 and no one bothered to inform me of this. I went upstairs to security and they told me to go to Terminal 3 which was a 3 minutes walk. Thankfully, my sister was still there, and she drove me over. I went to LA to attend my mother-in-law's funeral and to be honest this experience have me thinking that West Jet or any one of your affiliated counterparts may be one of the last airline I'll be traveling on and I will advise my families and friends to think hard before spending their hard earn cash to be humiliated and demoralized because of the colour of your skin. No amount of money or apologies can be enough compensation when you strip me of my integrity and dignity. However, after spending over $1, 000.00 to pay my final respect to my mother-in-law I strongly feel that I should be compensated for the indignities and humiliation I experienced at the hands of your West Jet employee.
Please start enrolling your agents in some diversity training they need it. And again, please teach them than if minorities don't use your Airlines, they won't have a job. So please show respect and professionalism to the people who choose to fly with West Jet!
My personal email is [protected]@live.com
My work email is [protected]@emys.on.ca
Home telephone #[protected]
Cell telephone #[protected]

10:29 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WestJet Airlines flights ws613 (july 3) and ws610 (june 28)

Hello,

I am writing upon consultation with a family member who is a Civil Aviation Inspector with Transport Canada regarding a flight that I had taken with my children to Ottawa to celebrate Canada Day.

We arrived in Ottawa from Calgary on Flight WS610 on June 28, 2019. As there was inclement weather that afternoon on arrival, we were awaiting deplaning for almost 1 hour. This is understandable. Upon deplaning there was another 2 hours of waiting time to retrieve our baggage.

While I understand this from an HSSE perspective and waited patiently for the storm to pass, it appears that someone had taken advantage of that time to sort through my daughter's suitcase.

Upon arrival at our destination in Orleans, ON, my daughter opened her suitcase to find that it was not as she left it. These wasn't a note from security stating they had gone through her bag. Her jeans pockets were turned inside out, underwear and other belongings strewn throughout the bag, outside of the compartment that they were packed in. In addition, the inner lining was torn open along the seam in the divider that separates the 2 sides of the luggage. As this was brand new luggage just purchased at Bentley 1 week prior and not used until this, this tear was not present when she packed. If this wasn't upsetting enough, when she put on her bathing suit, it the upper portion was covered in grease. The lining of the bra portion of the bikini was so filthy with grease that it left a line on her body and was all over her hands.

My daughter is 14 and this was a severe violation. This was sickening to her, and to our family.

As a result, I am very hesitant to ever trust any baggage handlers with WestJet again.

If that wasn't bad enough, on the return trip to Calgary on Flight WS613 on July 3rd, the crew was hardly engaged.

There was a lady seated in the same row as - Seat 19C who was talking on her phone right up until we took off and she lost signal. Several times a flight attendant walked past her and said nothing. Prior to landing, there was no announcement by either the pilot or attendants that we were descending and that tray tables and seats were to be in position. One attendant raced through the cabin as we were descending to check, quickly but inefficiently and inaccurately. In addition, when we landed, there was no announcement to say that we had to stay in place until the seat belt sign was turned off and that we could now use phones. There was no Welcome to Calgary, there was no communication whatsoever.

As a frequent traveler, I am aware of those guidelines however it was apparent that many other passengers either were not aware or did not care as the cabin erupted into people getting out of their seats, talking on their phones, as we were taxiing to the gate.

This was a severe HSSE concern.

I have always valued the crew and passenger safety at WestJet and I'm unsure if this is a rare incident, but given the fact that we experienced such issues on both ends of our journey, I am sorely disappointed, left feeling unsafe and violated by these individuals. I am hesitant to travel or recommend WestJet moving forward and have booked future travel in 2 weeks with Air Canada as a result.

I would like this addressed immediately with compensation for my daughter's suitcase and bathing suit. Photos are attached.

Please contact me as soon as possible or I will be forced to file a formal HSSE and Personal Privacy Violation Complaint with Transport Canada.

Regards,
Sandra Power

214 Covepark Place NE, Calgary, AB
[protected]
sandra.[protected]@shell.com

Update by Sandra Power
Jul 23, 2019 11:05 am EDT

Hello, is someone from WestJet going to address this? Why does it show as Closed?

Sandra.

N
10:57 am EDT

WestJet Airlines customer service at check in

Took my mother in law to catch her flight from the YYZ airport to Cuba. She was told she had to be there 1 hour before her flight left to check in if she checked in online. She was told she could check her luggage online and then drop it off at the airport. When we arrived, she was placed in the wrong line after showing her ticket. When she finally got moved to the right line and went to check in, she was told she'd missed her flight. She broke down in front of the check in attendants who proceeded to laugh at her in front of everyone who was checking in. They waived her fee to change the departure time but this does not make up for the humiliation she felt from such poor and unfeeling customer service.

G
3:21 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines flight delay

July 4, 2019 Reservation Code ZHFODH WS 697 leaving WPG 18:35 to Vancouver 19:36 delated. Connection missed as a result. WS 3330 2030 to Kelowna 21:29. Another flight was arranged. Luggage missing when I arrived finally in Kelowna. Luggage delivered next day, however no compensation for items needed that night. Very upset and exhaused by the time I got home! Not a good experience.

3:51 pm EDT

WestJet Airlines non-refundable tickets

I purchased 2 tickets from Calgary to St. John's one way direct for July 27. Price was great and was a direct flight. I had to cancel and was looking for a credit towards a future flight. NOT looking for a refund. The airline advised me that the fare I purchased was non refundable/no changes or cancellations. I don't understand why has I was willing to pay a fee per ticket for when I rebooked with no issue. The price today is more than double that what I paid. Don't make much sense business wise. I pay a fee to change and they sell the tickets to someone else for more money. I travel several times a year all over the country and I have family in Calgary and will never use WestJet Again!

Read full review of WestJet Airlines and 1 comment