Malaysia Airlines Logo

Malaysia Airlines

Having problems with Malaysia Airlines?

Malaysia Airlines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 26, 2008. The latest review Request to process refund for cancelled flight was posted on Mar 2, 2021. The latest complaint complaints misunderstanding & services of open ticket was resolved on Dec 19, 2019. Malaysia Airlines has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 961 reviews. Malaysia Airlines has resolved 118 complaints.

Malaysia Airlines Customer Service Contacts

1300 883 000 (Malaysia)
1800 552 9264 (United States)
1877 509 4646 (Canada)
132 627 (Australia)
+60 378 433 000 (Malaysia)
+44 330 365 0080 (United Kingdom)
+35 315 621 192 (Ireland)
+64 800 777 747 (New Zealand)
+32 27 120 550 (Belgium)
+31 202 035 493 (Netherlands)
+46 855 569 166 (Sweden, Norway & Denmark)
+41 442 869 950 (Switzerland)
+63 22 313 955 (Philippines)
+966 26 670 011 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 67 231 009 (Singapore)
+82 234 834 849 (South Korea)
+94 112 344 322 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 873 513 (Thailand)
+84 444 583 372 (Vietnam)
Ground Floor, Admin Building 1A, MAS Complex A. Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport
  • 3033 Chimney Rock, Suite 206 Houston, TX 77056
Canada
5160, Explorer Drive Unit 31, Mississauga, Ontario Canada L4W 4T7

United Kingdom
Room 2529 Mezzanine Balcony Terminal 4 London Heathrow Airport Middlesex, TW6 3XZ, United Kingdom

Ireland

Eloy Gonzalo 27, 3rd floor Offices IV and V 28010 Madrid

Sweden
Riddargatan 17 114 57 Stockholm, Sweden

China
  • Level 2, Terminal 3, Capital International Airport, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
  • W203, Pullman Hotel, Guangzhou International Airport, Guangzhou, P. R. China
  • International Departure Hall A015, Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport, Xiamen 361009, P.R.China
India
  • Unit № 9/2 Opp Indian Express Building, Queens Road, Bangalore, 560001, India
  • Room 2, 2nd Floor, Anna International Terminal, Meenambakkam, 600027 Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
  • № 3-5-874/A Ground Floor, Vipanchi Estate Hyderaguda, Telagana, Hyderabad, 500029, India
  • B-505, Citi Point, J B Nagar, Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai, 400 059, India
  • 2nd Floor, Tower C, Cyber Greens Dlf Ph-3, Gurgaon, 122002, India
Philippines
GF SGVII, 6758 Ayala Avenue, Makati City

Saudi Arabia
Town Office Jamjoon Commercial Centre Ground Floor Entrance Gate № 10 Palastine Street, P.O.Box 52118 Jeddah 21563

Singapore

30/1, Sir Razik Fareed Mawatha, Colombo 1, Sri Lanka

Thailand
18th floor, 2 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110

Vietnam
  • 2nd Floor, Commercial and Tourist Service Centre № 1, Ba Trieu Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
  • 37 Ton Duc Thang, D1, Ho Chi Minh City, Saigon Trade Center Building 15 Floor – Unit 1503

Malaysia Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Malaysia AirlinesRequest to process refund for cancelled flight

Hello,
This mail is regarding the processing refund for the canceled flight ticket. Since the agency, "make my trip" (I booked the ticket) is not having enough information of process refund from your side. Therefore, I am contacting you here to get help. Kindly process to refund the amount for the ticket that I booked and canceled by the airline.
INFORMATION:
Booked by "MAKE MY TRIP"
Reference ID: NN2013554547138
Name: SPARSH KUMAR SINGH
PNR Number: LFZNDI
Flight: MH192 (From Kuala Lumpur KUL Kuala Lumpur Intl to Bengaluru BLR Kempegowda Intl
Departure Time: 21:40 Arrival Time:23:20
Date of Travel:03/03/2021

NOTE: KINDLY START MY CANCELLED REFUND PROCESS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, AND SEND REFUND PROCESS MAIL TO MY AGENCY "MAKE MY TRIP" BY INCLUDING MY MAILING ADDRESS WITH MY AGENCY IS [protected]@yahoo.com. KINDLY DO LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REFUND AMOUNT DIRECT TO ME. IT WILL BE MORE CONVENIENT TO ME. THANK YOU

Malaysia Airlinestickets not refunded despite travel ban due to covid-19

MH157 - 21APR2020

BOOKING AGENT : SX78AAY

Ticket numbers:

Dear Sir,
    My frustration is my travel agent have told that my tickets above are non-refundable despite the cancellation of the flights due to covid-19 travel restriction. I still wanted the full refund hence reason this complaint and request.

The reason why I only written today is, all this while, I told the agent that I dont mind travelling after the covid-19 is cleared and when MH resume the flights. Appreciate if your management can re consider a full refund as these are our hard earned money with the wishes to perform Umrah. With the refund, we all could use the same money to travel to Makkah when time and situation permit. I do hope that you would understand our predicament.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Rosli
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Malaysia AirlinesGlobal Call Center not working for a week due to "unexpected" situation

I have been trying to call Malaysian Airline Call Center for the pass 1 week and the call center is uncontactable. Computer voice message ask one to log on the website but the website refers you back to call center.
      I have booked an international flight which was cancelled and rescheduled. I tried to cancel the flight via online "managed booking" but surprised to see no refund for cancellation!

• Me
          meenachiibnbnbn Mar 22, 2020

@hpbeh, most of MAS staff are on leave without pay. I guess the call centre is the first to go. Count yourself lucky to still have a job. What do you expect with the Movement Constraint Order running at its peak now? Business as usual?

Mar 08, 2020

Malaysia Airlines — complaint about mas ground assistance at check in counter @ kl sentral

I was due to fly back to Kota Kinabalu on 8/3/2020 on MH2640; 1600. I missed the check in deadline and had to...

Malaysia Airlineslost baggage

I boarded a flight from shanghai pudong to KLIA on 11th Feb 2020. Flight number MH387.
        The following is my info:
        Name: Mr. Tan/Teck Kooi.
        Passport number: A50541619
        Flight date: 11th Feb 2020
        Flight number MH387
        Time of flight : 0215hrs.
        E- ticket no: 232-[protected]
        Airline booking reference: RRT76G.

Upon my arrival at 805am, I only retrieved 1 luggage. My other small luggage, a small duffle black Mercedes brand with fragile stickers was not found. Inside the bag is an electric boiling pot.
        I hope you can track and return my bag.

TK Tan

Malaysia Airlinesrefund and additional service

Referring to booking number #KUN5AC under Winnie Choo mobile [protected] from Kuala Lumpur to Xiamen. Ticket purchased on 31 Jan.. I called the service center today 11 Feb around 4.30pm for refund or change. Spoken with Shaun, unfortunately this is non refundable because the ticket purchased after 28 Jan. No one expect the outbreak growing so fast and getting worst, if I knew I won't fly with MAS airlines. Do the airlines consider this as force majeure? and revise the waiver policy? I requested to speak with a management could help me on this but the answer is no because he is the only person in charge. Is this a service center? but I dont get a solution or answer or help? Shaun told me to wait, may be the new annoucement will be out by next few days of the revise waiver policy.

Feb 09, 2020

Malaysia Airlines — tickets refund

I missed my flight Kuala Lumpur to Sydney along with my mother and sister on the 5th of February 2020 due to...

Jan 26, 2020

Malaysia Airlines — dreadful customer service

Subject: Re: GTS02010-11/2019/NN [ ref:_00D90i2ac._5000o2kqypc:ref ] To: CUSTOMER Please see email trail...

Malaysia Airlinesflight delay

I Mrs Diane Blair and Mrs Shirley Mitchell were booked on flight MH774 on the 29th November 2019 from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. This flight was delay by apx 4 hours which caused us to miss our pick up at Bangkok. This very much disrupted our time in Bangkok. I understand that we are legally entitled to compensation for the flight delay. I do not have the booking details but I have both seat numbers on this flight. They are [protected] and [protected]. I look forward to a prompt reply and compensation for this inconvenience. My e mail address is [protected]@hotmail.co.uk.

RegardsDiane Blair

Malaysia Airlinescomplaints misunderstanding & services of open ticket

Hi My name is Ang Choon Boon, i have booked a ticket early of this year. Due to emergency, i have to cancel the ticket & rescheduled my flight.
              During my call to few operators let me misunderstand, last minute at 11.45pm 19 Dec, i finally make it clear & decide reschedules my flight from JB to Bangkok as last time, operator told me alrdy expired because take some times to confirm the ticket.
              This make me very disappointed, because for this ticket i have call many times in this year, by today i have talked with 3-4 operators, everyone told me is before 12 midnight have to book the ticket.

my hp is [protected]
              ticket no
              [protected] JB to bangkok

Thanks for your time

RESOLVED

• Malaysia Airlines's response · Dec 22, 2019

Dear Customer,

Kindly send your feedback to email address [email protected]

We will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Customer Care Team

Dec 16, 2019

Malaysia Airlines — lost baggage

Hi my family and I flew from brisbane to KL and thereafter to New Delhi. To begin with the first flight wa...

Dec 13, 2019

Malaysia Airlines — claim - mr kenneth sowter deceased

My parents were travelling from London Heathrow to Adelaide via Kuala Lumpur on MH0001 departing on 5th...

Dec 11, 2019

Malaysia Airlines — poor customer service of ground check-in crew @ london heathrow

Poor customer service of ground check-in crew @ london Heathrow. Customer: Ling yee Lee Flight detail...

Malaysia Airlinesthe agent of mas is lazy and doesn't want to get things done

my OSPREY KYTE 46 red backpack is spoiled and CLK vision handle the case. they got the backpack on 10th November 2019.

what i am angry is because. just now (7th December 2019, 10.39am) a lady from OSPREY official dealer in Malaysia called me and complained to me, saying that: she had waited 2 times at the shop for CLK to send over the backpack...but CLK did not send th backpack

from what i see, CLK is super lazy and irresponsible in this case. I feel that CLK is just putting my backpack behind their store and let it rot. although it is not directly MAS issue, it is still very disappointing to deal with MAS's agent

the agent of mas is lazy and doesn't want to get things done

Dec 03, 2019

Malaysia Airlines — crew of mas wing - elvira

Dear PIC, During my flight MH3655 Miri -sibu today, I experienced unhappy moments. Elvira, commanded me to...

Malaysia Airlinesrequest for wheel chair

My mother-in-law and father-in-law 's flight on 9th November, 2019 from Malaysia to Bangladesh. Booking reservation number WVBJAT. Passenger name Rahimun Nessa and Quazi Alauddin.
                  I made a request for wheel chair calling [protected] on 27th October, 2019. That time from the service center (operator) said that she can not made the request now, I need to request within 48 hours of travel. According to that call I made another call on 7th November around 10 pm. This time I was talking to Miss. Julie. Now she said that she cannot confirm the request as this must be made before 48 hours. I informed her that I already requested before. Miss. Julie said that they do not have any note regarding this matter. I requested her again and again but she said that she can not help in this matter .I mention that both of them can not travel with out wheelchair service and this is not our mistake, but she refused to confirm the service.

Nov 05, 2019

Malaysia Airlines — flight suspension and no compensation and reasonable arrangement

Book a family trip to china nanjing on dec 19. the flight was suspended and mas never send notification via...

Malaysia Airlinesbaggage handling at klia

I am extremely unhappy with the handling of my bags during my recent flight from Bangalore to Kuala Lumpur on 29.10.19.

My father who is 84 years old and I were travelling on MH 193. Details as follows:

Booking reference: R25489
                    Premitha Damodaran
                    Dato Dr Anavangot Damodaran
                    We arrived around 7.30 am on 29.10.2019

Our flight was smooth and the flight crew excellent.

Upon passing through immigration we went to carousel J where our bags were supposed to come out. After waiting for 20 minutes, all bags had been dispersed and the carousel stopped moving. Our three bags had NOT arrived.

I asked the ground personnel who put me through to a very nice officer who came to help us. We showed him our baggage tags (enclosed) and he then tried to get the baggage handling section on the walkie talkie. There was no answer and no one was replying.

The carousel was not moving at all.

The officer in charge remained on the phone trying to get the baggage handlers. 15 minutes passed. No response. Suddenly the carousel started working and one bag pops up. The carousel stops again for another 5 minutes. Then it starts again and the other 2 bags pop up.

The officer in charge is puzzled as to why this delay and non response from the baggage handlers. And I as a MH customer is left wondering what went on with my bags. How ironical that all my 3 bags went missing at the same time.

I really want an explanation to the above and hope you would assist me receiving it.

Thank you.

Dr. Premitha Damodaran
                    Tel: [protected]

baggage handling at klia

Malaysia Airlinesonline check in scam, irresponsible cabin crew and the whole booking staff, unethical behaviour of kl airport staff

My in-laws travelled in July and we had booked wheel chair assistance. My father in law is a diabetic patient and has to use the restroom quite often. He requested the wheel chair assistance person if he can use the restroom, he was declined and was advised to wait until he boards the flight which was 30 minutes later.

My parents travelled from Bangalore to Melbourne again yesterday(23 Oct 2019). On the flight from KL to Melbourne they were seated at seat 22A and 22C and they were given 1meal, when I had specifically contacted the call centre on 22 Oct and confirmed that they will be given 2 hindu veg meal. When my father questioned the cabin crew they had the audacity to say that we have only booked for 1 meal. How is the even possible only a dumb person would book 1 meal for 2 people when they pay more than $2000 AUD for the tickets. They do not have to book for meal it is by default they should be getting.

Also when I was trying to do the online check in for my parents, on the flight from KL to Melbourne they were given seats one beside the other, my mother was given 22c and my father 23C when I try to change the seat it said 22A is a seat which will incur extra cost. I wanted to check the price and changed it, however I did not confirm the seat. As soon as I changed my father's seat from 23C to 22A, 23C became a cost incurring seat. This is nothing but a dodgy way of making extra money.

My mother travelled from Mebourne to Bangalore in Sep 2016 and on the flight from Melbourne to KL, she was not given a meal and the reason they did not have any vegeterian meal. I did send an email to the complaints department and it took them more than 1 year to reply back with an apology.

Malaysia airlines is by far the worst airlines to travel. I would not advise any one to travel. They have the worst cabin crew and other customer service.

Malaysia airlines should declare themselves as a budget airline because they take money but won't give meals to customer.

RESOLVED

• Malaysia Airlines's response · Oct 31, 2019

Dear Customer,

You may send your complaint direct to [email protected] for our further assistance.

Best Regards,
                          Customer Care
                          Malaysia Airlines Berhad

Malaysia Airlinesflight from KL to Perth

To whom it may concern,
                        I am writing to lodge a complaint regarding flights that we took from KL to Perth on the 8th October 2019, Flight MH-127 at 19.40. The three passengers were;
                        Wesley Richardson
                        Gabrielle Schumacher
                        Austin Richardson (Infant).
                        We had flown from LHR flight MH001 on the 7th October at 21.35. On this flight, as had been booked by our Flight Centre representative in the UK Rob.[protected]@flightcentre.co.uk, we had a bassinet available for us as we were travelling with our 8 month old.
                        Unfortunately on the next flight we took from KL to Perth, there was an error and we were not issued a bassinet seat, we were seated behind the row which had 4 seats and 2 bassinets available. The people travelling in this row were a family of 4 with 2 children (about 8 and 10 years of age) which didn't need the bassinet.
                        We wanted to lodge a complaint as when we booked the flight we were advised that a bassinet was pre-booked for us.
                        As a result, the flight from KL to Perth was uncomfortable with an 8 month old on our laps for the full 5.5 hour flight, and no space to allow him to be on the floor at all. This in addition to the fact we had just travelled from London with an 8 month old immediately before this flight, put us in a less than desirable position.
                        We just wanted to lodge a complaint about this. We are unsure of an appropriate form of compensation, but will leave this to Malaysian Airlines discretion.
                        My email address is rielle_81yahoo.com.au and phone number is [protected]