Wells Fargo Dealer Servicescustomer service

K

The problem with Wells Fargo Customer Service/Collection Rep occurred on 5/23/12. The rep was calling about a payment being made b/c the account just got 2 months behind. I told her a payment will be make tomorrow 5/24/12(which payment was made) and I will update her on the next payment. She then began to ask what got me behind. I told her the economy so she said if your working it has nothing to do with the economy. My phone was on red and going dead so the call disconnect. The rep called back after a few min I answered she said since you can't afford to make the payment I am putting your vehicle in for
repossession in a threatening manner because you are not making an arrangement. I stated I just told you that a payment will be made on 5/24/12 and I will update you with the next payment. She then said that is not an arrangement! Well now I'm confused. How dare a customer service rep act like this is their money I personal owe them. I asked to be contacted by a supervisor so we'll see if I have another complaint to go with this or a settlement. Not sure where they are being trained but it is definitely not the proper training. Everyone know GREAT customer service is the new wealth. Treat your with respect it goes along way.

• Bl
    blaue Augen May 20, 2010

When Wells Fargo was Wachovia I had set an automatic payment amount of $250 which was automatically deducted from my checking each month. I was always able to view this information clearly online, allowing me the option to modify that mount if necessary.

Not that they've switched, my online account information showed consistently that I only owed the minimum payment which was around $70. No where did it show that I was still slated to pay the $250 (that information really should be available online considering how much WF touts paperless transactions) Sure enough, however, they withdrew the $250 and my finances for the month were compromised.

I knew maybe I erred somewhere so gave the Wells Fargo Dealer Services customer service line a call; What a wretched departure from the normal Wells Fargo customer service I am used to.

I have been a WF customer for over a decade and the agent, "Darwin", made me feel like I was some kind of problem customer. Despite the fact that I was not at any time complaining, he made it clear I needed to be scolded about how I was the one who set the $250 amount when I signed the loan paperwork (tsk tsk.) It was totally unnecessary he be such a ### about it. I understand they must deal with a-holes all day long, but not all customers are dirt-bags. I for one felt really insulted. Had I been dealing with a bill-collector, OK, I get the attitude part, but this is a company I pay honest money to every month without fail.

To make a long story short he offered to cancel my auto pay for me. He put me on hold for a minute and came back to confirm he made the change. Throughout the whole conversation he was rushed and terse with me (again, I did not come off like a problem, not even remotely.) I then asked him if I would get an email confirmation of the cancellation, and he replied "Me send you an email? No. I did email the request though... Oh, and you need to send in a fax request." I am not sure he was even going to tell me this before. I asked him if there was a form I needed to fill out that I could find online, and he just said "No, just write something" and gave me the fax number.

Terrible customer service. Really disappointed.

These days companies like Wells Fargo should be even more cognoscente of good customer service, but the Dealer Services department of WF needs some attention.

• Ba
    barry.goldwater Jun 08, 2010

totally agree with you, ridiculous amount of APR%. one thing thats comes to mind is the auto deduct payments, i thought about it but til i read the fine print that it would cost extra to have it done so i stuck with the send this amount b4 this due date :)

• Ng
    ngoodart May 22, 2012

Wells Fargo Dealer Services...What a joke! We have been attempting to make a payment on our truck loan for 2 months! we have not been able to get through on the phone to make the payment. Yesterday I get a letter in the mail saying that they wanted to make arrangements with us to surrender the truck because we didn't re-affirm the debt when I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy 7 years ago! We did re-affirm the debt, I have a copy of the paper work in hand and am currently 35 minutes into hold time to talk to someone to shove this letter down their neck! this truck will be paid off in 2 months and I am not going to let them screw us.
    In addition to this issue we moved all of our personal accounts out of Wells Fargo bank becuase of very poor customer service, and outrageous fees. Lets all watch as Wells Fargo goes Belly up! I also have called my Bankruptcy attorney, personal attorney, and filed a complaint with the State Attorney generals office.

• Ge
    gee11 May 24, 2012

I had them for my loan im so glad im done with them and yes they threaten me so many times even down to the last payment!!!

gatortracks May 24, 2012

They never threatened me. They never called during the life of the loan.

• PaminOhio Jun 30, 2012

gatortracks They never threatened you, Wells fargo, because you work for them!

gatortracks Jul 01, 2012

No, never worked for any bank.

They never called because my payments were never late.

• PaminOhio Jul 08, 2012

Well gatortracks you have a lot to say/comment about to people that have issues with Wells Fargo or any bank issues. So it sure does seem like your associated with a bank!
    Sure they have never called you because you still live with your parents, for free! So when you live for free you can pay this bank and when you have a problem or anything that the rest of us have had to endure and were late or just cant make that months payment mommy or daddy will cover it for you. The rest of us don't have that luxury of living with our parents. We live in the real world-in the USA! Wake up and smell that Camel!

• Cc
    ccrusoe Sep 07, 2012

I have had the exact same situation with them...they strongarm people and threaten.

• PaminOhio Sep 07, 2012

Descartes, I do agree with you. But sometimes things do come up in life-as the compllaint I posted about the CS issues I had. My husband had a complete knee replacment and we got behind. Things did work out but you just dont need the CS treating you in that matter ESP. if your falling on hard times.
    It's sad that in America the suicde rate is terrible high due to the economy-My heart goes out to the familys that have to deal with loss andt ragedy. It must be really hard for them.

Have a ood evening.
    Pam¤

Mathematica Feb 11, 2013

Ha, "the economy." They probably wanted to know if that meant your hours got cut at work, or if you're getting less tips, stuff like that. But they're not going to take a vague arrangement that includes an "I'll call you back."

Still, that rep should not have threatened a repo, they could get in trouble for doing that. The higher-ups are the only ones with that authority, and you'll probably never talk to someone that high up on the phone.

• Gr
    Granny NL Jul 18, 2013

Sorry but I informed WFDS that my last payment would be late and told when I could make this payment. Transferred to different department. Went through same hassle. Transferred to a different department. Was told that if I did not pay the vehicle on the last payment date that I would suffer the consequences. We are talking of the last payment. Ugly, Ugly people. Old, retired, on SS only and have a sick mate but I got this far to be condemned in this fashion. Granddaughter is buying new car and I told her if it was Wells Fargo financing to run and run fast. Granny N.

gatortracks Jul 21, 2013

That's right Granny. How dare they expect all your payments be on time. Who do they think they are, a finance company?