WC Value PlusCredit fraud

S

When i checked my credit card statement to make the monthly payment i found a charge form a unknown company (Wc value plus) , i called them and first think they asked me was my personal information, of course i did not give it to them and they said they are a discount company. I have never used such company and i don't even know who the h. . . They are, just that i know is that they are stilling the money to everybody and there is not any government institution taking this people to jail.

• Jm
    jmhphillips Nov 13, 2011

I have turned their info over to the fraud unit for my credit card. They will take care of it!

• Jb
    jbmaverick Oct 01, 2011

Yeah, it's a racket - Basically, they make it so difficult to collect the gas rebates they offer you that they probably come out ahead by getting to charge people for at least a month or two of membership fees, and most of those people probably aren't willing to put forth the effort required to collect the rebates.

• Ca
    catwoman57 Feb 10, 2011

The only way to stop something like that is cancel your crdit card or get a new one or change accounts whilte you try to get money back.
    i was having unauthrotized stuff taken out of my account also by debit card so cancelled the card and that took care of that. i am in process of getting my money back but may take awile. i am retired and on limited funds cannot afford unauthroized charges.
    kris G

• Pa
    Pat Bottcher Feb 10, 2011

I noticed in December a charge of $24.95 on my American Express card that I didn't know what it was for. I did not follow up but had another charge in January for the same amount, same name...Value Plus. I called and they said I had ordered a product online for a free 30 day trial and would be charged each month if I didn't cancel within thirty days. I didn't order anything nor did I try a product for 30 days. Called the [protected] number & the lady said Value Plus is a company that saves you money on everyday items you purchase for a fee of $24.95 a month. (whether you make purchases on not I guess because I didn't make purchases.) They closed my account and said there would be no more charges. This was today February 10, 2011. I am out $50 dollars and no way to get it back. Looks like they have many complaints!

Please advise,
    Pat Bottcher
    [protected]

• Ho
    hortchar7333 Oct 30, 2010

unaotherized charges to bank account and possibility of selling of personal an private information.

• To
    Tova Jun 30, 2010

este numero esta relacionado con "WC Value Plus" que malicisamente adquirieron mi informacion del "Healt Master, Living Well MonteL' cuando ordene algo que se anuncio en la TV. tube que cancelar mi numero de cuenta y ordene una nueva, es la mejor forma de asegurarme de que no van a seguir tomando dinero de mi cuenta.
    Healt Master, Living Well MonteL=WC Value Plu =[protected]=Stonebridge Services = RATEROS
    Cuando llame al Healt M. me dieron este numero para que llamara, y en mi cuenta de banco aparecia como WC Value Plus. Mi banco me va a ayudar con este problemaReply !

maggieO Apr 22, 2010

I just noticed it too just now on my debit checking account that I was charged by value plus for two months without me authorizing the transaction. I guess this happened when I use my debit card for online purchase I already called my bank and applied for a new ATM card. I guess it would be better if you do the same. A lesson for me that using my debit card with online purchase is not safe.

Rose A Stockwell Apr 16, 2010

I ordered a Dean Grazioni(sp?) real estate package off tv; returned it unopened. This WC Value Plus company, whoever they are, have been deducting $19.95 a month from my debit card and I cannot phone them or find an address on them. I want my money refunded, as they have done this since Feb.

Two months in a row, I have had overdrafts and charges, beside losing the charge from Value Plus. I live on a fixed income, and things are very tight right now. I cannot afford such scams. I have no idea how they got my number. I have cancelled that debit card. But I want my money refunded.

If anyone finds anything on this company, please let me know.

Sincerely, Rose Stockwell
    [email protected]

• My
    Myonekey Dec 11, 2009

I am currently experiencing the same from these people. they have been debiting an account for $19.95(2xs) since last October. I to called and got no where except they will send me a form to see if I am able to get a refund. I don't shop online and have no idea how they got my name and address with my mother's debit card number. We do have a joint account and has lost over $620. We do have a fraud claim with our bank. This is really bad that no one seems to be able to do anything. The company can't even tell you what services you approved but they can take your money. I was told it could have been coupon promotions, well I don't even use coupons from the Sunday papers so why pay $40 for them, go figure. I just want our money back and for others to be aware. Just a hassle to have to change accounts and cards and then wonder about getting regfunded.

• Na
    napole Nov 07, 2009

I am agreed with any complain against any hurt to society and persons in particular.

• Na
    napole Nov 07, 2009

I agreed with your complain, and aloso get together with you against this scam performed by criminal institutions supported and protected by bankers and other stealers. So I as another affected person will make cause with you.

• Eg
    EG* Oct 31, 2009

I've seen several complaints against WC Value Plus. My mother, a 76 year old woman with short term memory loss has begun the victim of WC Value Plus as well. They have charged her credit card for at least the last 3 months that I know and THREE (3) CHARGES IN ONE MONTH!!! She is on a FIXED income and cannot afford this happening. We have closed the account and I plan to try and get the charges taken off but after reading some of the other complaints, I doubt I will be able to. Another trend that I've seen in reading the complaints is that this happened to people with either checking accounts or credit cards with BANK OF AMERICA!! IF YOU WANT TO HELP GET THIS PEOPLE PROSECUTED - NOTIFY YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL BY EMAIL, PHONE CALL OR IN WRITING BY MAIL AND NOTIFY THE BBB!!!

• Te
    Tessie1 Oct 28, 2009

I never ever did receive the promised two $25.00 gift cards and was wondering how I go about getting that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I canceled my membership right away when I found out it was a hoax, but I should still be receiving the two $25.00 gift cards.

Tessie1

branch1 Oct 27, 2009

they cant let you

branch1 Oct 27, 2009

the phone number I am able to reach them onis [protected].You talk to a different person everytime You call and if u ask for the last person you spoke with they say they can let you.They said they stoped my service that i never asked for but will not give the money back. they told me they confirmed that they had premission but when i ask them for the proof they have none.This is a websit that the gave to me www.programstop.com.but it doesnt take you very far.

• Bs
    B Stollings Oct 17, 2009

THIS COMPANY PLACED CHARGES ON MY MASTERCARD OF $19.95 TWO TIMES. FOR A TOTAL OF $ 39.90. I CONTACTED THEM BY THEIR PHONE NUMBER [protected] AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD SEND ME A FORM TO FILL OUT TO GET A REFUND. AND THEY COULD NOT DO A REFUND BY PHONE AT THAT TIME. I GOT THE FORM LETTER AND THEY TOLD ME I COULDN'T GET A REFUND !!! AGAIN.. HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE DO THIS??? I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CHARGES ARE FOR. HOW CAN THIS COMPANY BE DEALT WITH??? AND HOW CAN I GET MY MASTERCARD CREDITED FOR THE $ 39.90. SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY. THANK YOU.
    EMAIL: [email protected] They even had another name on the letter they sent me. It wasn't my name and it wasn't the name on my MASTERCARD.
    FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD !!

• Sh
    Shug572 Oct 06, 2009

the phone number i have is [protected]. i believe you transposed their phone number. i have not had a problem getting assistance from them. to get the free gift card you do have to go online to www.valueplusonline.com to print out the form or you can request it over the phone. good luck!

Joe I. Broyles Sep 22, 2009

My advise to anyone is to not do any business with anyone connected with "WC Valve Plus. WC* Value Plus is aware of the legal loopholes in the law and plans to rip you off by taking your money through unauthorized credit card charges. Many of us get busy and don't watch charges on our credit cards that closely thinking that the activity may have been done by the spouse. In regards to the Nyssa of WC*Valve Plus, I wonder what gist cards and gas rebates she is in reference to. I never received anything for the money they stole from me. They are skirting the law. Beware of them and don't get ripped off like I hae done.

• Hu
    hulkMAD Sep 14, 2009

WC VALUE PLUS is a huge scam. They don't even have a website. If you look this company up, all you'll see are numerous complaints like this. They have been charging me without my approval a total of $19.95, money that I can't afford to have taken out. I have no idea how they got my information. I don't know if it was something I did online & this was a hidden agenda. I've called the number provided on my bank statement & it was either no one answered cause they closed EARLY or I get a real clueless, unhelpful, rude & hostel service representative full of attitude. I spoke clearly, slowly & polite at first, but when they talk in the manner I received, I started to become angry & frustrated. It was like they weren't listening & they couldn't divulge the information on what the company is except in vague details. I practically gave them enough information yet they had no record of me in their system. Yet they continue to take my hard earn money. All they do is give you the run around & tell you to call another day. I'm a very tired of this as I'm sure the rest of you are. Has anyone brought this company to authorities? Does anyone know how to cancel a subscription you didn't even sign up for or even get any money back without having to cancel your cards?

• Ka
    katssc Sep 09, 2009

Dear J. Thomas, My husband and I also had a propblem with unauthorized withdrawals from our checking account from value plus. I also had no idea what we were paying for. I called Value Plus and cancelled the service, I requested the form for a refund, the form I received also stated I was not entitled to refund from enrollment. Here is my story, I figured out that all of this started when I ordered a TV product (Smooth Away) off the internet. I listed the date of each deduction, $16.96 for a five moth period, I also called an attorney, who explained, write in the letter I would send a copy in 30 days to the Attorney General of the State we live in that Value Plus will investagated for fraud, if all money was not deposted back into our checking account. I sent this letter Aug. 31, 2009, as of today Sept. 8th 2009, all money was deposted back into our checking account in the amount of $86.75. Good Luck J. Thomas, but my letter shook them up! It is worth a try, I sent the letter to Consumer Affairs, Attn: C/A, P.O. Box 658, Hopkins MN 55343
    Sincerely KATSSC

• Ts
    tswinford Jun 29, 2009

We have also received them. What is this place?

• Ny
    nyssa Jun 10, 2009

hello my name is nyssa and i'm an employer at membership services and this company is legal and we do need authorization in order for you to recieve a mebership and for our company to charge you.

If u do not want a membership decline the damn thing and delcine the gist cards and the gas rebates on the phone or online. Please do not call me and tell me this wasn't authorized cause if you have a membership with us then you authorized to be charged after 30 days if you do not call to cancel. If you forgot, thats not your fault but write things down just incase.

Also be CAREFUL when you purchase something always read the terms and conditions. But if you wish to cancel call us and we will be happy to assist you. And to get the best help is to be pleasant to the person who is helping you cause i hate people that come on the phone and wont let me talk when all i want is to help them solve thier problem.
    And i do apologize if i did not answer your questions the way you want me to cause i work off of a script.

if you would like to contact me here is my email: [email protected] i will be looking forward to hearing from you.

• Da
    Dawn Jun 03, 2009

Ive been charged for something I dont even know what it is! fraud is allthis is!

• Jt
    J. Thomas Jun 02, 2009

This company has been withdrawing funds from our credit card, for a membership (don"t know what the membership was to) that we never authorized. When we called the company, we were told that we could cancel the membership, the company was unable to tell us what membership we had approved or ordered. We would receive a letter for a refund in 7 - 10 days, when we received the letter it stated that we were not entitled to a refund based on the company enrollment records. Again contacted the company and got no where with the customer service rep. ask to speak to his supervisor, also get no where. Was told that they had no control over anything and could not authorize any refunds. That we could send a letter of complait to the main office and was given the address to write to as no one had a number or a name of a person that we could talk to. This has been very frustrating. They can not tell us who authorized the withdrawal or what they were for.

BEWARE

• Ml
    MLR1987 May 02, 2009

I called my bank and they gave me their number. It's [protected]. I called hem today and it said they're only open monday through friday but then they gave me a website. It's www.programstop.com. That's where you can stop your "membership". I wrote membership like that because I've never heard of them in my life. Most likely they're a parent company that if you purcahse something they give you an automatic membership without your knowledge. Also you can sign up for a form disputing their charge. I requested one but I'm still going to call them next week. Hope this helps.

• Bi
    bikekane Apr 30, 2009

My Visa has been getting charged every month for over a year.
    I have no idea who or what this company is and because I don't pay the bill in my house my wife apparently never thought to question it.
    Here I am on this web site as a result of typing WCValuePlus.com into my browsers address bar.
    Csn you help me because I am not having luck getting through to this company to at least stop my account from being charged.Thank you in advance for your help.
    DK

• Ar
    Art Mar 06, 2009

why am i being charged for this I do not rember signing up ffor it
    Art Tomchuk @ [email protected]

• Je
    Jen Mar 03, 2009

I just got two seperate charges on my account, both of them for $16.95. One is from Value Plus the other is from Homeplay. The telephone numbers listed on my statement are different for each company name, but when I try to call them they are both busy. I have a complaint in with my bank right now, but until I get ahold of the company itself I'm not sure there is much that can be done. People need to be aware of their bank statements and pay attention to who is taking money from them!

mamaw Feb 25, 2009

I just got my bank statement and found a charge on it for $19. 95. I call the 800 number and told them to stop the withdrawles and credit the money back into my account. They informed me that 3 - 5 days it would be back into my account. The number is [protected]. Wish all good luck!

JoAnn R. Feb 19, 2009

I too have been scammed and am pressing charges, along with my credit card company. This so called "Value Plus"
    has charged my credit card on 3 different occasions in the amount of $16.95 each, all without my authorization.
    I have NO IDEA who these people are or how they got my credit card number. If this has happened to you, report
    it to your bank or card holder. They can close the acct. and issue you a new number, and put a stop to them charging
    your credit card. Then, you can take legal actions with your credit card company to find out who these rip-off artists
    are and put a stop to their unlawful transactions!

• Ta
    Tabatha Klug Feb 13, 2009

I just found out myself about these charges on my account. They had been coming out for five months at a charge of $24.95, but not just from one source but from two of them. One is this value plus and the other is funsource. I called the number and actually got somewhere hope this will help you as well. I was given a web site address so that I could print off my own refund request. ( I also kept the representative on the line until i made sure it was not a hoax.) Here is the web address www.programstop.com. you need to scroll down to the FAQ section pull it up, and down at the bottom next to the last question is the request to print form. I hope that this is helpfull to you.

Jan Riffle Feb 05, 2009

I have been charged $16.95 for 13 months, Has any one ever received any kind of forms/information ? I was just told by one of the phone rep. Said they will send me some forms for rembursemt, after they get the forms back from me, they would notife the bank .
    In the process it will take just a little over 30 days! This is a scam.
    [protected] is the # I was given a confirmation number for my complaint.

Feb.5, 2009

Ronnie Mitchum Jan 22, 2009

I purchased two pair of sunglasses from this company on line from a tv ad. At the end of the form it stated click here fo your 10 percent off. once I clicked a page came up telling me that i had joined value plus and they would debit my account for $14.95 dollars each month. I called the number I found on the site and spoke with customer service. I explained that I did not like the way they did business and did not want to join. The lady said no problem that I would be remove form the list but it would take two to three days. They then started taking
    $16.95 from my account and i have tried calling phone #'s that don't work, you can't find customer service, or any way to get this stopped. I had my bank put stop payment on this but it is still comming out of my account.

Is their any laws to prevent this type scam, where they offer a discount and if you take it then you find you have authorize them
    to remove funds from your account? Are their any lawsuits against
    value plus.

• BRAIN Jan 06, 2009

Here is their contact info:
    PO BOX 5265, HOPKINS MN [protected]

Phone Variations:

Parent Company:
    Name: PROVELL INC
    Address: 11100 WAYZATA BLVD, MINNETONKA MN [protected]
    Phone: [protected]

Don't buy anything, including gift cards, without asking of it includes any type of "special" offer.
    It's all a scam. Think how many people never catch the charges.

• Ab
    abitohe Dec 19, 2008

WC VALUE PLUS HAVE BEEN TAKING MY MONEY WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION

I am just aware today (12/19/08) that I have been put on the same charges for several months (from June 2008). Every month this "WC Value Plus" charges me $16.95. I am really not aware that I have been signing up for their service. This is definitely a fraud. I just called them, and they canceled my membership, which I never applied for. They promised me to send some form for refund. I am not sure whether I will my money back. I do hope so. But, I also reported this, as you suggested, to the Federal Trade Commission at [protected] and file a complaint with them. I would also recommend people who have been victims of this, would do the same. Lets fight together!

• Sc
    Scott Dec 08, 2008

My wife (like a lot of others aparrently) found a $16.95 Debit on our account this weekend for WC *ValuePLUS-V... After doing a lot of reading, they are connected to Provell and DAMARK somehow.

I called the 1-800 number and spoke to a woman who said that our membership was requested online. Bogus. We did no such thing. Neither of us still understand what service this "Value Plus" provides, so why would one of us sign up for it?

Long story short, like others, I called and cancelled the "membership" on the phone and went online to do so there too. I also contacted my bank to dispute the charge and had to contact the card company to have the card blocked and to reissue a new card on a new number.

I would reccomend you all take one final step like I did, which is to contact the Federal Trade Commission at [protected] and file a complaint with them. Without that, all this is just whining. If the FTC gets enough complaints about these guys, they can move against them.

Robert Galkowski Dec 01, 2008

I recently noticed on my credit card statement a charge which I was unaware of. It was for 16.95 to WC Value Plus out of Hopkins, Mn. I hadn't ordered anything that I was aware of from this company and called the number to speak with a CSP. This individual was barely helpful. I asked how they got my information and why I was being charged for something I didn't order. He didn't have an answer for me. I told him to stop the charges immediately and to refund the previous charges back to my account.

Bryan Penney Nov 24, 2008

We've been having money taken out of our account for awhile, but don't remember ordering anything from them. I don't know how to stop it, without canceling our card.

Anyone have any other suggestions, we're all ears.

Thanks,

Bryan Penney

• Di
    dianna newsome Nov 22, 2008

DO NOT TAKE ONE ###ING PENNIE OUT OF MY ACCOUNT OR ALL HELL WILL BE RAISED. DO YOU SON OF ### PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND I ALREADY HAVE A LAWYER AND TALKED TO MY BANK

• Bi
    BILL SIGEL Nov 17, 2008

WC VALUE PLUS

WHAT A SCAM THE CUST SERVICE AGENCY THEY USED TOLD ME THAT I DIDNT CHECK A BOX DURING A EBAY PURCHASE DECLINEING THE SERVICE THEREFORE I WAS ENROLLED... WHAT A SCAM I FILLED WITH MY BANK IF ANYONE HEARS ANYTHING MAYBE A CLASS ACTION SUIT PLEASE POST...