The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Walmart — old, broken tv in a new box
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My future sister-in-law bought a new Phillips flat screen TV for 700.00 from Wal-Mart. When she got it home, she discovered that it was not the new TV she had paid for, but a TV that another customer had used and returned. The TV was dusty, the power cord was missing, and the stand was cracked. Of course, she returned the TV to the store. Once there, the store clerk compared the serial number of the TV with the serial number printed on the box, and found that they did not match. He ran the serial number on the TV through their computer and it came back listed as a customer-returned TV. One would think that it would be a simple matter for the store to replace the TV, since they had proof that no fraud had occurred on her part. One would be wrong. She was told that nothing could or would be done to correct this situation. They ventured that an employee in the electronics department had "accidentally" sealed the old, dusty, broken TV in a brand-new box and had put it back on the shelf. "It's not our fault, and it's not your fault, but there is nothing we can do for you." When informed that the TV is useless without a power cord, it was suggested that she contact the manufacturer, who might be able to sell her a replacement. My, but Wal-Mart has excellent customer service. "Sorry, can't help you, " is the response she got from every one with whom she spoke, all the way up the Wal-Mart food-chain. She is now awaiting a return call from Wal-Mart's corporate office. One sincerely hopes that she isn't holding her breath while she waits.
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare.
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card
- Walmart - Site to store misleading on actual delivery time
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations
- Walmart - falsely arrest
- Walmart - be careful with your spouse at walmart!
- Walmart Auto Dept - tire fell off
- Walmart - stock
- Walmart.com - worst website ever!