Complaints & Reviews

bad service

Received a laptop as a gift with no receipt. Attempted return of laptop to upgrade to a better processor (approx $100 more); box was factory sealed (never opened) and had waybill from HP to Walmart on box. They refused to facilitate return - overall bad experience. Beware of purchasing electronics from Walmart as they give you a hard time. And there's no one that you can even reason with - they have very young employees with little customer service sense and no business acumen (even the managers). I have sent them a complaint and awaiting a response. Ended up getting receipt from gift giver (very embarassing for me!) and exchanging laptop. I've learned my lesson though, low prices comes at a high price to your dignity! Next time, I will support establishements that value their clients.

• Mo
    motomommy May 10, 2010

Obviously you don't pay attention to detail and your knowledge when it comes to most retail policies across Canada is limited. I wasn't trying to receive a refund or a store credit. I was returning an intact product, that could be resold as new to the next customer. I wanted to simply pay the difference for the better laptop because as you stated a laptop is an expensive product and while it was bought it good faith, it didn't fit the type of activities I would be using it for. Secondly, you obviously have little faith in humanity if you think that the typical person would steal something off the shelf. I am a hard working individual with integrity and like 99% of the population would never dream of shoplifting or trying to return stolen merchandise. I do however agree that I am the one who embarassed myself and suffered the blow to my dignity by asking for the receipt from the gift giver, but if you examine my situation closely you would see that this exchange wouldn't have cost Walmart anything, actually they would have profitted from the exchange. As far as me having limited life experience, I would look in the mirror, I'm sure that most people have received a gift in the past that wasn't exactly what they wanted and have tried to exchange so that the gift wasn't given in vain. Are you perhaps a Walmart employee/manager in disguise? Come on, you can tell me, promise I won't hold it against you!!! And lastly, my age is inconsequential to this situation - because afterall I am the customer but I am from an era where the customer is always right and obviously you my friend come from a different time where you think that customer loyalty is meaningless. I do however see a change in the service and retail landscape and there's a positive return to good customer service and people like you will be weeded out or you will conform to the 'new' policy. There's just too much competition out there to provide bad service or to let a customer leave unhappy.

• Mo
    motomommy May 10, 2010

Thank you for your interest in my complaint, your obvious passion for the other side of the matter and your insightfulness is inspiring. Good luck with the job hunt... but with your level of intellect and maturity, I don't believe luck is needed.

• Go
    Gord Phillips Jun 24, 2018

Got home with order from Walmart...found one item missing...went back to customer service with bill...after waiting in extensive lineup asked if this item had been reported or held...they didn't know...was then told to go and get same item...did so...waited in another extensive lineup...went to agent and was told this was wrong one...many of same items in same boxes...just different prices...they said identify by bar code??...no idea...went home down $70.00...also 3 years ago or so went to eyewear section of Walmart for glasses...all the usual measuring etc. BS...they called a few weeks later...area closed in middle of day... after a couple of weeks they called me to pick up glasses...went there...area closed again...gave up...got glasses somewhere else...ordered online with Walmart...itrm deducted off credit card...never received...complained...got credit back on card...last trip to Walmart for me...

• Ks
    KSYork Sep 09, 2018

Although Wal-Mart seems to be pushing self-checkouts as an improvement in the customer experience, I find it to be insulting to loyal customers.
    Yesterday, I visited store #1004 in Toronto and my shopping experience was the worst! I hesitated to go to that store, since my previous experience after the self-checkouts were introduced was unsatisfactory, but I only wanted a few items and this store is close. Note to self – next time, I will pay more for actual service.
    I arrived at the store to find that my first self-service act would be to find a shopping cart. The pen in the lower level was full, but the down escalator was in pieces, leading to a long line up at the elevator. So, I searched the outdoor cart returns and finally found a functional cart.
    After purchasing 15 items (including multiples of 3 items), I got in line for full service because I do not agree with self-checkout. Previously, I would have visited an express checkout for a few items, but those have been removed, leaving approximately 6 full service checkouts. With the removal of full service checkouts, most customers do NOT benefit. The benefit of lower labour costs due to staff reduction goes to Wal-Mart, not the customer.
    It appears that in an effort to further push customers wishing full service to reconsider, the cashier working cash #15 was incompetent. She had no knowledge of many common sense tips (e.g. multiple items of the same cost). I waited as she tried unsuccessfully to process 36 units of the same item several times, before she scanned each individually. Same for multiple cans of juice, multiple cases of pop, etc. Eventually, she finished one of two orders from the couple in front of me, and they eventually walked away from the second order. A customer service staff member showed up after we waited in line for her to proceed, and told her to suspend the order, and asked if she knew who to call if she had questions. My cashier said no, she did not know who to call. This is NOT a criticism of the cashier, it is a criticism of the training provided, and the decision to post this untrained cashier at a full service checkout on a Saturday morning. She was not prepared to work independently.
    Eventually, the same customer service person came back and took the items from the suspended transaction away and the cashier started my order. As she moved my bags from the front of my order to the bagging area, she asked if I needed bags. I said no, and indicated that she was moving my bags. Next, she asked if the multiple units of items that I placed together, with labels facing her on the conveyer belt were the same. I said yes. After more than 40 minutes at the checkout, I had my very small order purchased and packed (I ended up repacking most of it).
    I realize that this is a business, but if your goal was to improve the overall shopping experience for anyone with more than 10 items, you failed. I am insulted by the lack lustre effort made to provide customer service. Luckily, I have other options.

stinky jeans

I bought three pairs of faded glory jeans at Walmart. I loved the style and fit. They didn't smell in the store. But after I got them home and washed them they smell so bad I can't wear them. They smell like burnt rubber. I kept my receipt and luckily they said they will take them back. But I'm so upset. All the other cloths washed with them are ruined. They smell too and I can't get the smell out of any of the cloths. I tried everything I could. They shouldn't have them on the market if this is such a problem. It ruined about 100 dollars worth of other pants that were washed with them.

• Di
    dia3766 May 09, 2010

if you soak the stinky clothes in a combination of simple green and fabric softener (with some water) for a couple days it will get the smell out. If that can get the smell of diesel fuel out the rubber smell should be no problem. Then was as usual. Good luck

• Lf
    LFritts Dec 10, 2010

returning my jeans today! they made me sick! I can see that is has been a problem for some time and is still problematic! Too bad there aren't laws against this like there are on food. I think these jeans are hazordous to our health!

• Ox
    oxlena Jun 26, 2012

I had the same happen to me. They didn't stink in the store..Brought them home, they were awful. The blue jeans and khakis stopped stinking after about 5-7 washes (lost the receipt, already took the tags off, so I couldn't take them back). I left the black ones hang on the line for 2 weeks, they still stink horribly. When I wore them after only washing them once, I had a mild anaphylaxis episode. Tight chest, nausea, hard to breathe, my lips swelled up, my legs got horrible white, itchy bumps on them that lasted for over a month (I discontinued wearing the pants after I figured out they were making me sick). I didn't recognize the allergic reaction for anaphylaxis so never got treatment... I COULD HAVE DIED.
    I'm throwing the black ones away and writing the company to complain. Thanks for the made-in-China CRAP, Faded Glory.

walmart may have good prices but the rest of the service stinks

I have been going to the Anderson, California Walmart to have our prescriptions refilled for awhile now and have had more problems there then anywhere else I have had them filled.

1. - Call in a prescription 2 days ahead of time only to be told that it hasn't been filled yet when I go to pick it up. This has happened several times and on ALL TYPES of medicines. (Not Just Narcotics)

2. - Tell me they won't refill a prescription because it hasn't been 30 days yet. (With a hand written prescription from the doctor that I was going to pay cash for.)They said it is there policy!

3. - Waiting in line that is 2 or 3 isles long and only 1 cashier working the register.

Walmart may have good prices but the rest of the service stinks. The employee's all look like they don't want to be there and who blames them with everybody complaining.

If things don't change I am going back to Rite Aid as they do price match!

optrader Aug 22, 2010

The reason your meds may not be ready is because your insurance will not pay for it on the day you phoned the store. If your doctor writes you a rx for a controlled substance(pain or sleeping med) and you are suppose to have several more days supply at home, the pharmacy is bound by law to not fill your new rx. Yes, makes no difference if it is a newly written rx from your doctor, the pharmacist is bound by state board pharmacy regulations. This is to prevent folks like you from becoming and addict. If the med was not a controlled substance, then your insurance is probably denying it. Even if it is another type rx, the computer may be blocking the pharmacist from filling it because it is far too soon to get it refilled.
    If the wait time is always extremely long, more than 1 hour, then find another pharmacy to shop.

I leave this pharmacy so upset and a couple of times in tears

Has anyone had problems with a pharmacy clerk at the Walmart in Georgetown Tx.? I don't know her name, but she hispanic, short gray/white hair, about 5 feet tall, and darn right rude! I leave this pharmacy so upset and a couple of times in tears. This should not happen! It's a simple matter of picking up your pres. meds and thats it. But this woman has had it in for me ever since the first time I was there and she corrected me about the way I pronounce my last name. I told that the way I say it is the way I prefer to say it and she remembers me everytime and goes out of her way to belittle me about the way I say it. From that day it has gone down hill! Now I have to show proof to her that I have insurance, even tough it should be on record already. Each time I go, its a different amount for the same meds. She claims she has, as she says, "no control" as to how much it is, and I agree but she loves the fact that she has to send me to speak to the other person at another window to get corrected. and she loves that she gets to saY, OUT LOUD, "YOU DON'T HAVE INSURANCE". Of which, she's wrong, because I do. Why does Walmart keep this person on staff? I don't understand it!

optrader Aug 22, 2010

The cashier is correct in saying that she does not know about the price of your meds. She is a cashier! The only way to get an answer is to go to another window and talk to a pharmacist or tech. I have to agree with you that Wal-Mart does have some rude folks working for them. Of course, you will find this anywhere. If you believe the cashier has been rude to you, then call the home office in Bentonville, AR. It is 1-800-WALMART. Or, you will find the name of the pharmacy district manager somewhere on display outside the pharmacy. Get the district managers phone number and call him. A complaint to the home office will come down to the district manager. So, either way the district manager will be the one that handles the complaint. And, he will be calling the pharmacy and questioning the pharmacy manager about it. Wal-Mart does check up on complaints. The district manager will either have the pharmacy manager phone you or he will phone you.
    If nothing changes, then go down the street to another pharmacy.

abusive stupid cashier

wal-mart on alafaya/mcculloch road--abusive cashier named sharon...I went to purchase my items. No cashier around...had to wait..then call for one...she came and rudely said she could take me at the other register---I asked her if she could move my items to the other register...as it was difficultu for me to do so. She grabbed the basket angrily with a bad attitude. Then, she began throwing a tantrum, took the basket and again angrily slammed all the items on the conveyor belt-- she had no right doing this to my things or treating someone in this way. A cashier's job is to pleasantly ring up items not slam things around or be an abusive rude [censored]...when she did that I told her--hey can you not slam those things around...she ignored me...she continued with a bad attitude...mean rude hostile...and when it came time to swipe the CC...it wasn't working and again she wasn't helpful and very rude and mean...and almost slammed the receipt at me...all this just for a check out...the low life jerks of this society have no right treating people in this way but think they can get away with it..then she nicely asked the people behind me--how are you doing?? as if she had just encountered a terrible ordeal with me...when in reality she was the one who had abused and mistreated and even slammed my items around for no reason... just a terrible experience...but that's waht you would expect from a craphole like wal-mart...

ruined my son's 11th birthday

I am extremely angry right now. My viens are turning purple as I write this. Yestereday was my son...

be prepared for a 3 hour wait time

Never go to a walmart pharmacy. The one in arlington texas is just terrible. be prepared for a 3 hour wait time. its ridiculous just go to cvs. i will never use another wal mart pharmacy.

• Qs
    qscott86 Jul 01, 2010

Why you would use a department store pretending to be a pharmacy to begin with is a mystery.. choose a real pharmacy like Walgreens or CVS.

optrader Aug 22, 2010

I have heard a number of people complain about the wait time at a Wal-Mart pharmacy. I can tell you that Wal-Mart has a process for filling rx's that probably takes a little longer than at some other pharmacies. However, the process is quite good at insuring that you get the right med. Wal-Mart has barcode scanning for all drugs. This virtually eliminates the possibility of tech filling your bottle with the wrong med. A number of things may seem to slow down the filling process, and it probably does. But, each one is a safeguard against something being done incorrectly. Also, the time of the month, even the time of the day, can affect how many people are ahead of you and the time it takes to fill your rx. There are so many variables that can influence the time it takes to fill a rx, that it makes it impossible to assure someone that rx will be ready in 10 min, 20 min, 30 min, or more. And, you cannot look around you to determine how many people are waiting on rx's! Some of those folks are out in the store shopping. Some are on there way from home to pick up their meds...some coming from the emergency room...some coming from docs offices, and some have dropped off and will be back in an hour or two. The most likely way to get a rx filled fast is to find a pharmacy that does not do much business. If they are not doing much business, then there must be a reason. Better check their prices!

i'll stay away from walmart until they get better self-check software and cashiers

I was checking out using the self-checkout. When I scanned 2 cases of soda and one case of water without bagging them, the register stopped and said to wait for help. That has happened to me before and that's not what bothered me. Having to wait several minutes for someone to come help when a worker and her manager were training or experimenting in the aisle next to me was not acceptable. Finally, when helped, the cashier double-checked the items against those appearing on the screen to validate they were all scanned properly. After finishing my purchase, I found the register receipt was jammed and didn't print properly. The cashiers normally will print another when they fix the jam but not this cashier. She allowed the next person to finish scanning. THEN (and here is the good part)...after the next person (who was with me) finished scanning their items and got their receipt, the very same cashier asked if we paid for the soda on the bottom of the cart. I reminded her that she double-checked that earlier and showed her my crumpled receipt. The cashier evidently has no recollection lasting longer than 10 minutes and wouldn't let us leave. She called her manager and the manager got confused thinking I was complaining about not getting my receipt. I explained three times and couldn't get it through their heads. The cashier who wouldn't let us leave finally left the register and the manager kept trying to tell me how I could come back to the store the next day to get my receipt printed out. I was beginning to think I was on Candid Camera! I think I'll stay away from Walmart until they get better self-check software and cashiers who bring their minds to work with them!

joe bin texas Sep 14, 2010

Walmart hires poorly educated people who are obviously not NASA material.You can thank the school system for turning out these under achievers who think that Walmart is such a good place to work.If monkeys could talk and stock shelves, Walmart would replace the workers and pay them bananas instead of minimum wage//

product care plan screwed me

I was told by several friends NOT to buy a LCD TV from Walmart..Because the extended service plan doesn't give a damn about you getting the TV fixed if it breaks...Well I didn't listen and now I am sitting for 2 wks without a TV with a house full of kids...Plus it will take another week to even find out if it can be fixed at all...I am hartbroken 1, 023 bucks down the drain and my kids are driving me crazy but can you blame them Dads are suppose to make good decision...

• Kh
    khloee04 May 01, 2010

ummmmmmmm...spend time with your kids? stop using the tv as a babysitter? They will not cover damage. If you damaged it (dropped, ect) you are out of luck . And dont have so many babies daddies...uck

no more douglas tires and no more tires from walmart

My daughter had 4 new Douglas tires put on her 2000 Neon. The third tire has now failed with tread separation and WalMart fought on all three. This last one I was told that because she hadn't purchased the road hazard coverage, the warranty was not in effect ev en though tread depth was 80%. No more Douglas tires and no more tires from WalMart.

• Sh
    shaunholmes Jul 30, 2010

i worked at walmart as a tire tech and i can tell you all of wal-marts tires are seconds.everything in the store is.if you want good tires go to a good year dealer or a higher end tire chain that gets first picks.walmart gets the junk that is left over and they usually compromise safety.thats why they can sell for less

walmart csm this is a crying shame

I am a constant shopper at walmart and have experienced bad customer service on many occasions. As a result, I am really fed up with the service of the walmart "CSM" or claiming "CSM" that display bad attitudes and neglated leadership ability. I belive that walmart trians thier employees but sometimes there are problems that exist with the employee who can't figure out how to do certian transactions. With this particuler problem accumulating in most of all the walmarts I have been to, there are customers such as my self that has been serviced by a very nice employee or a rude fed up employee who demostrates the constant negative actions from poor training in customer service or negligent acts from the CMS that do not respond to the employee's problem when the light is blinking for them to come help with a issue. I have watch on many occasions as well been a part of the action of being neglected the help that is suppose to be provided at the given time. The so call "CSM" have actually made me stand at the register with an employee who has been trying to get thier attention for help because they could not fix the problem themselves as well as trying to demostrate calm efforts to keep other customers that where standing inline behind me calm. There Where Four "CSM" at the time standing in at a podem talking and laughing as well as watching the light blink. The made no effort to move from that space as well as give up a good converstaion to help this employee out who was trying her best to help me. I Stood at that register for approximatley 30 minutes, getting frustrated with the service and they way that the CSM where in a constant jolly mood with one another and looking at the light blink with out neither one of them making sound judgement that this cashier needed some help. This was the weekend of Holloween and Walmart was very busy. Lines where long and other customers where also fed up with the wait and the rudeness that the employee's and thier managers displayed. Needless to say when after 30 minutes, when one CSM finally made a move she looked straight at the cashier and that light blinking and contiued to walk right by to attend to another cashier who had just turned thier light on for help. The cashier them looked at me and could tell that I was getting really mad now because how this situation was starting to turn out. She politley apppogised for the CSM actions. I could feel the tention rising as the cashier herself started to appear to be upset. She then explained to me that this happens everyday to certian cashiers because the CSM have thier certian picks and Chooses on who they want to rush and help and who they leave stuck out for customers to get angry and go off on them because off the lack of help. I could belive this because this was not the first time this happen to me at this paticuliar store. Finally when she relalized that the CSM where not going to come her aid, the cashier actually, Politely told me please excuse me and left the register to go get a "CSM". Me and the other five customers behind me that also where angry and fed up because the line had not moved for 30 minutes watched her walk from the front of the store all the way to the middle of the store to get help. When she got thier the CSM still contiued to talk and laugh with one another ignoring that fact that she was standing there trying to get thier attention. Finally One CSM turned around and responded and followed her back to the register where she realized that thier where some angry customers and tryed to calm the situation down by giving apologies for the long wait. Needless to say my issues with the transaction was resolves but the issue with these lazy, CSM 's who lack poor leadership ability wasn't. I am tired of going through this same issues constantly and would like this issue to be resolved. It is apparent that the Walmart CSM's here demostrates the act of favoritism to certian employees when they should treat all of them the same. I have been to three walmarts in this area and have been caught in this issue constantly. I am sure that thier are other's as well that have been in this sutiation but don't know where to turn to compliant and have no clue where to complaint to. Please be advised that even through Walmart offers a great place to shop this sort of situation can esculate and prevent problems in the long run with the wrong individual who has be treated the way I was and would not take the problem so nicely . I appreciate the chance to let people know what is happening and would like the situation to get fixed. Thanks for your time and who ever reads this respond and let me know your views and opinions.

• Lm
    LM58 Apr 28, 2010

I SHOP THERE ALL THE TIME AND EVERY TIME WE LEAVE I SAY THE SAME THING WHY DO WE GO SHOPPING HERE! THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING AND THEY ALL TAKE A COURSE IN HOW NOT TO BE PLEASANT AT WORK . WITH THE ECONOMY THE WAY I T IS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB THERE ARE AT LEAST 100 PEOPLE READY TO TAKE YOUR PLACE... LM FLORIDA

• Je
    Jessica Lara Nov 08, 2010

I was a cos at Sams Club for 2 years which is the same thing as a csm. I can honestly say that I strived everyday to provide good member service. I was the fastest one to respond to cashiers. I felt great pleasure in serving my co workers and the members to the best of my ability. UNFORTUNATLEY there was not many others (including managers) that did the same. HOWEVER There is a lot of pressure and sometimes I don't think customers know what you are really doing. For example: One really busy, over crowded day at sams I had a cashier page for help, so I responded quickly. She had an item with no barcode so I hurried to the podium to the computer to look it up. After about two minutes I had a very angry man walk up to me and get close enough to me I could smell his foul breath and yelled " Get you lazy @** from behind there and come take care of the lines!" He then walked away like the jerk he was without giving me time to respond. I was so mad maby more hurt that this man didnt know jack he didnt know how I had been running my @** ragged all day for a measly $9.50 an hour, but then I relized there are so many lazy cos' and csm's that it may be hard to tell the workers from the non workers. Needless to say I quit that job.

• Cs
    CsmMom May 22, 2011

If you're still out there; if you see this, first of all, I'm really sorry this happened. There's really no excuse for it. I am a WM CSM. Serving the customer, and serving quickly is my number one priority.

As far as who you might speak to in a circumstance like that, you could certainly request to speak to a "member of management" (use *those words*) before leaving the store and someone will get a member of the REAL management team to the front-end to speak with you. OR, you could call from home, as well. If you weren't satisfied with that conversation, you could speak with the store manager, or the District Manager, whose phone number should be posted on the wall behind your store's Customer Service Desk.

Taking care of you is important, and these people would want to hear about that kind of an experience. Again...sorry that happened.

MadCashier Nov 16, 2014

Im a current cashier at Wal-Mart and my csm latavia is the worst she comes in everyday like she is upset. She is friendly with everyone else but she always seem like she have a problem with me. I really think she needs to be re-trained because she is a horrible excuse of a csm

• Ka
    katekate93 Feb 08, 2015

As a cashier at Walmart, I can attest to this. It happens daily where it takes a CSS/CSM minutes to come to the register. Many are rude and condescending just because they make $1 more than me an hour. They pick favorites and are unpleasant. I'm sorry this happened to you. I am often in the same situation as the cashier you talked about.

• Wa
    Walmart1 Oct 26, 2015

Perspective is everything. As a csm i cant tell you how fustrating it is when your trying to be fair and you have cashiers grabing you instead of waiting their turn no matter how many times you explain how it works to them they dont care about it they only see the problem in front of them not the five in front of them that i have to get to because they were first on my palm how unfair is it to cut in line and act like im playing favorites because all you see is what is in front of you regardless of what is in front of me. And as far as conversating im being paid to make it fast and pleasant. Your perspective might see me having a good time but i cant tell you how many times ive been yelled at for standing around doing nothing when im talking about issues and problems. I never stop im never having a good time even if i look like i am. And its important to understand what a csm is and what they are not. I have no way i fixing the real problems of working for this company we are neglected by real management who dont want to help the frontend we are given no real power to fix the problems ourselves the whole thing is unreal but you still shop at walmart because its easier to blame the symtoms (the employees) not the real problem ( the company) your low price has a cost.

system problems when they got my money.

I had a Charter Cable bill I had to pay, I went to Walmart on 04/24/10 at 9:24pm to get this Walmart Money card to use it to pay my bill, I went home, went to the web site, got the card activated and all, got on the phone, called Charter to make the payment and it didn't go through, I got Walmart Money Card on the phone to find out the problem and they told me, they was having system problems, they wasn't having system problems when I put my $160 on the dam card, they wasn't having systems problems when their middle man got his cut but when Charter comes to get the money for the bill, they're having system problems and I was told to call back in 15 minutes, I called back and they said, call back in an hour, I called back, they were closed, my bill never got paid, I called the next day and guess what, the problem is not fix and I was told to call back in 15 minutes again, I called 15 minutes later and was told to call back in an hour, while I was waiting, I called the computer system, it said I had a security lock on my card, alright I got the card activated but theres a security lock on it, WTF...

I called back an hour later and told them what the computer told me, thinking it could get fix quickly if I told them that, I was told to call back in 2 hours, I called back all that day until they closed, I called the next day, the problem still isn't fixed now, it's day three of calling back, I asked to speak with someone higher up in their office to handle my problem, he got on the phone and told me the $160.00 that I put on the card wasn't on the card and wanted me to send him the receipt so that he could see it in order to put my $160.00 back on the card(Hmm, I know that trick...) I got on the internet, went to the site and there it is in front of me $160.00 it's still there on the card, I asked for someone els to speak with, this one told me that my $160.00 is still on the card and that I can finally pay my charter bill, I got on the phone with Charter to make the payment a second time and it still didn't go through, I got back on the phone with Walmart Money Card again about the problem and was told to call back in 15 minutes, then an hour, then two hours, I called back all that day until they closed, I called the next day, this is day four, yep, you guessed it, the problem is'nt fixed yet.

Thanks to Walmart Money Card, I have a card with my money on it that I can't get to but, they can, I have the receipt that reminds me of this mistake I made because all I wanted to do was pay my dam Charter Cable bill, Walmart Money Card is nothing but a bunch of bull, I got the papers to prove it, I wish I never got that ###in card, money is way to hard to come by these days, I struggle very hard to get the money I can get to pay bills, be comfortable and eat, the people at Walmart Money Card are just one of the reasons why many good people turn to do horrible things just to be comfortable and eat, I'm so angry, I don't know what to do and it's all thanks to Walmart Money Card a.k.a. ###.

• Da
    DaveR3100 Sep 09, 2010

Card is a scam!
    This card is a scam by GE capital and Walmart!
    No funds are available to the consumer until the permanent card arrives in the mail.
    This has been reported to several regulatory agencies.
    This one is ripe for class action.
    Card is a scam!

• Hi
    highdangle Mar 29, 2011

I got a direct deposit on my card and lost it on a saturday. I called sunday to have it overnited (ok, no problem). They told me to call tues for tracking #, wich i did. Tues, weds, thurs, fri..., what da hell. I called on fri to see what was going on. Of course, it was never overnited so the operator had another overnited, "you'll get it on mon or tues". Monday, I get the first one I ordered so I'm like cool, I'll activate this one and call to block the other. WRONG!!! Tuesdays here and to a big surprise, wait fooooooorr iiiittttt, I still dont have a card. It never got overnited nor did they even generate it. Where da hell do these employees come from? Do they get paid? And if so, do they understand the need for money or do they not care about the hand that feeds them? Im broke, an hour away from work, V-8 status, no more people to borrow from, and again, i have to wait for an overnited card. The most reassureing thing is that every operator I speak to sounds like they from another country, WTF!!!
    Seriously though, this is [censor]. So much money into these companies. "STEP YOUR GAME BUDDY".

card can't activate

I had a Charter Cable bill I had to pay, I went to Walmart on 04/24/10 at 9:24pm to get this Walmart Money card to use it to pay my bill, I went home, went to the web site, got the card activated and all, got on the phone, called Charter to make the payment and it didn't go through, I got Walmart Money Card on the phone to find out the problem and they told me, they was having system problems, they wasn't having system problems when I put my $160 on the dam card, they asn't having systems problems when their middle man got his cut but when Charter comes to get the money for the bill now, they're having system problems and was told to call back in 15 minutes, I called back and they said, call back in an hour, I called back, they were closed, my bill never got paid, I called the next day and guess what the problems not fix and was told to call back in 15 minutes again, I called 15 minutes later and was told to call back in an hour, while I was waiting, I called the computer system, it said I had a security lock on my card, alright I got the card is activated but theres a security lock on it, WTF...

I called back an hour later and told them what the computer told me, thinking it could get fix quickly if they knew what the computer told me and they said to call back in 2 hours, I called back all that day until they closed, I called the next day, the problem still isn't fixed now, it's day three of calling back, I asked to speak with someone higher up in thier office to handle my problem, he got on the phone and told me the $160.00 that I put on the card wasn't on the card and wanted me to send him the receipt so that he could see it and put my $160.00 on my card(Hmm, I know that trick...) I got on the internet, went to the site and there it is in front of me $160.00 it's still there on the card, I asked for someone els to speak with, this one told me that my $160.00 is still on the card and that I can finally pay my charter bill, I got on the phone with Charter to make the payment a second time and it still didn't go through, I got back on the phone with Walmart Money Card again about the problem and was told to call back in 15 minutes, then an hour, then two hours, I called back all that day until they closed, I called the next day, this is day four, yep, you guessed it, the problem is'nt fixed yet.

Thanks to Walmart Money Card, I have a card with my money on it that I can't get to, I do have the receipt that reminds me of this mistake I made because all I wanted to do was pay my dam Charter Cable bill, Walmart Money Card is nothing but a bunch of bull, I got the papers to prove it, I wish I never got that ###in card, money is way to hard to come by these days, I struggle very hard to get the money I can get to pay bills, be comfortable and eat, the people at Walmart Money Card are just one of the reasons good people turn to do horrible things just to be comfortable and eat, I'm so angry, I don't know what to do and it's all thanks to Walmart Money Card a.k.a. ###.

• Ga
    Galina S Oct 28, 2010

I'd like to worn you about the Walmart Money Card SCAM!
    I decided to put money on to pay my bills, including electricity, phone, cell phone, water bill, and rest of my utility bills. I go to my local FEDERAL WAY Walmart and bought a card.
    I came home to try to activate it online and it wouldn't let me. So I then CALL them to ask and they said that my information doesn't match. I've had there card before with no problems. they say my information may not match and dont activate it. they said to allow 4-6 weeks for the check to come with the amount loaded. I paid $3 for the card, and the charged me $3.00 to send out check. I am SO PISSED and will never use WalMart Money Cards again.
    I know im not the only one and sure they are making intrest off my money. I AM SO FRUSTRATED now I have no money at all to pay my bills and have to wait for another month for my paycheck.
    I at least wanted to go to my local walmart and get my money back and they wouldn't let me.
    Boy, I hope you dont get scammed by the Wal-mart money card :(
    this [censor]ing card is fraudulent and should be closed.. for good..

• Fe
    Fedup1970 Feb 03, 2013

Walmart does not care about anything but making money and to hell with us.

• Ta
    tammy65 Nov 21, 2013

I put 66.00 on a walmart card for a christmas gift. When you go to their website you cant activate it. I have called now four times and they have told me it is activated. last time I called I got an automated line. it tells me my birthdate is wrong!!! im giving it one more chance and if they don't help me im going to a lawyer. maby I can find one who will do a pro bono case. I think we should file a class action suit!

• Me
    Melissa Lynette banks Feb 16, 2014

I can't activate my walmart money card every time I pit the inspire date it's say it's wrong and whn I put my social sercity number n it's say it's wrong I'm puttin the right information

• St
    Stewart Spangle Sep 02, 2015

I bought walmart money card before and had no problem with it but I lost my wallet so I went to walmart to buy a new card put 80 bucks on it and when I called the number to activate the card it says the system is down so I went online to activate it nothing happens so I called customer service and they were very rude to me and just hung up on me when I called back to speak to a supervisor I was told no and was hung up on again so I went to walmart to See if they could help me figure it out and was told I was on my own so guess I'm out 80 buck and walmart does not care about there customers I'm going to talk to a lawyer and see about suing walmart I'm done with them

no cashiers to open registers

I stopped in at approx 16:30 to pick up 2 items and all the 20 item or less checkout lines were backed up.I ask one of the cashiers if they could open up another register.I only had 2 items and did not have time to wait for 10 minutes to get checked and the cashier said to me that they did not have anymore cashiers.If that is the case Walmart needs to hire more cashiers.With so many people out of work there is no excuse for not having enough help to run your business.If i have another incident like this again, i will not longer shop at Walmart .My time is to valuable to be waiting in a checkout line for 10 minutes to pay for a Quart if Milk and a Head of Lettuce

• Du
    dudertonmcnally Apr 27, 2010

Have you ever worked retail? Sales aren't too fantastic right now, so hours/payroll gets cut. Then you have fewer people working, and if a rush happens then guess what? You're ### out of luck. Try working one of these jobs and dealing with an ### like you. If your time's so ###ing valuable, how do you have time to whine on this website, let alone buy groceries? Eat my ###ing ###, you ###.

refused to let me return dangerous and defective game.

Last week I went to your store. I saw an interesting game called Zathura. I took it home and played it. Once I started playing the game I regreted it. I wanted to stop. My house ended up in middle of space. I knew it had something to do with the game because as soon as I played it with my friend we felt shaking. We thought it was an earthquake. We went outside to see if there was any damage. At first we thought it was dark. Then we realised that it was only 4pm and it could not be that dark, wo we thought it was a solar eclispe, that was until we saw a star shooting by. We really wanted to return the game right than and there, but there were two problems. You had no stores in the middle of space, and the game said that to go back home we must finish the game. We had many terrifying ordeals while playing games. We were attacked by Zorgons(space creatures who look like giant lizards. We had asteroids coming directly in my house(which BTW my father just redecorated). I saw a goat with four eyes. Eventually we finished the game and everything was back to normal. When I went to return the game they said that I could not return it since I had no receipt. I explained the dangerous powers of the game and they said they got many complaints about the game. I asked why don't you take it off the shelf, they said they did, they even tried burning the games, but they mysteriously appear on the shelf unharmed.

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Apr 27, 2010

*plays along with obviously fake letter.*

Well it is not Wal-mart's fault you need to contact the manufacture of the game. I had the same problem with another game, Jumanji. Only I was stuck in a jungle not in space.

Billydude15 Apr 27, 2010

Thanks, Trevor I think I will try that. Do they sell these in your store? If so has anyone sued the game producers for this? and won?

Billydude15 Apr 27, 2010

I tried to contact Captain Kirk, but he was high on weed.

• Du
    dudertonmcnally Apr 27, 2010

Or just shut the ### up...

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Apr 27, 2010

Irish, I have been look at some of dudertonmcnally's comments he is a troll just like you are. So is Billy, but his trolling is more polite.

Billy, since captain kirk was high on weed, why not try getting Captain Picard to help.

• Bu
    burnz Apr 27, 2010

Classic. Great job TC.

Billydude15 Apr 28, 2010

Picard was high on meth.

Billydude15 Apr 28, 2010

Trevor, before you go any further, his second in command Riker was passed out drunk in ten forward, and Worf and Dianna Troi wree having hot sex in a fancy motel created on holodeck.

• Jc
    jcampbell65 May 16, 2010

It comes with LSD? Trrrrrripppy maaaaaaan...

very poor customer treatment

It has happened on more than one occasion and at two different Wal-Mart locations in the Dayton, Ohio area. I'm sure I'm not the only one and I'm sure this is happening all over the country at different Wal-Mart's.

The cashier gives attitude and lip to customers. Yes you read it right, back talking and then talking crap about you very loudly to the next customer in line with the same race as themselves.

Yesterday my wife and mother-in-law visited the Wal-Mart location in Englewood Ohio. My wife was ready to check out. She went to lane 7 which had its light on but no cashier was there. Lane 7 was very close to the infamous "U Scan" in which two cashiers; the U Scan cashier and the lane 7 cashier were standing and talking. My wife waits approximately about 3 minutes until she approached the cashiers standing around talking and asks if anyone was working lane 7. One of the cashiers responded, "yeah, I is!". My wife said, "Well I have my things ready but I did not want to unload until I knew this lane was open or if someone just forgot to turn off their light". They the cashier rudely said, "Well, I didn't see youz there". My wife and the cashier both walked back to lane 7 in which the cashier started to check her out and didn't speak one word the entire time. My wife also had to turn the "bagging mechanism" to get her bags because the cashier was too lazy to turn it on her own. Then when she was finished checking her out, the total was on the screen but the cashier didn't say anything (like, your total is ...). My wife then had a 30 or so second staring contest because she was at wits end with the rude employee and was not going to pay until the girl spoke. Then finally the girl rang out the total and again it was very rude. My wife immediately went to customer service and spoke to a manager. The manager apologized but that was it. Then walking out the girl was speaking very loudly to the customers after my wife about how rude and inconsiderate her last customer was and how "feed" up she was with those people. Sorry if I'm wrong but I'm feeling a little racism out of this cashier.

This was basically it, there will be fallow up and a continued beating on Wal-Mart and believe me I will not tire on this one. Reason being, this was almost the exact same scenario that happened to my wife and I at the Wal-Mart location in Kettering/Moraine Ohio back in 2005. The same results were in this scenario. Notified the manager, called corporate and guess what, nothing happened.

It is very sad and discouraging to be a part of America in today society. I understand that because of certain issues in the past and how people are so "sue" happy that companies are a lot tighter on rules and that they cannot act on employees like they use too but come on, it has gone waaaaaay to far. If you are a certain color skin and get fired the NAACP will be there the next day. If you are the other color skin and get fired, a lawyer will be there the next day. Customer Service in today’s society is dead and I think long gone. There needs to be a TON more websites, blogs and social media that tend to these topics and put out bad names for these types of companies. I know there is a small amount of people that boycott and disagree with companies like Wal-Mart, but maybe with the blogs and other sites, people will come out of there shell and let these companies have it and hurt these companies in a way that they can actually realize a problem and take care of the situations.

This is just one of many complaints that I could write about but the severity of the situation I felt needed to be talked and wrote about. I would encourage lots of others to use this website and post there dissatisfaction with Wal-Mart and any other company big or small out there to get the work out of how poorly customers are being treated.

Thanks for everyone’s time and I hope more "Customers" will follow.

cashiers/counter help are soddy, rude and appear to always be unhappy

Everytime I visit this pharmacy the cashiers/counter help are soddy, rude and appear to always be unhappy. I waited close to 1 1/2 hours on Friday to pick up prescripts for someone. 30+ minutes of that time was waiting for 2 clerks to wait on the same 2 customers for 30+ minutes. There is no excuse for laziness and it puts a bad reputation on the entire department. They maybe cheaper at Walmart but the service to obtain them basically SUCKS. If the personnel is that unhappy then maybe they should seek work elsewhere. Everyone in the dept needed a shot of B12 hourly to get them moving faster. One clerk always seems to have a cold/be sick - yet stil the same hoe-hum attitude - can anyone smile. Clerks out stocking, can you see people waiting for service, line down the store. New management team needs to be in charge of this dept. Somebody needs to be fired, and somebody with energy, enthusiam, and desire to achieve, give 110% daily needs to be hired to run this dept.

optrader Aug 22, 2010

If you had their job, you would probably be the same way. If you were poorly paid and treated like crap by customers, how would you be? If you think the employees are rude, then get a job at Wal-Mart. You will quickly learn just how rude the customers are. Not everyone will put up with such deplorable working conditions. And, those clerks out stocking, despite the long lines at the register, are probably not trained to run the register. And, not everyone can come back in the pharmacy, they have to be HIPPA trained(a government requirement) to come back in the pharmacy. Filling a rx is a slow, tedious process, and those pharmacists and techs behind that counter has your life and health at stake. This may be the reason they are not running around like the energizer bunny. And, no, they may not smile. They may be handling 3 jobs at one time and trying to keep it all straight in their heads. The pharmacist is trying to check a rx to make sure everything about it. Your doc may have prescribed you something for which you have an allergy or a drug interaction with something else you are taking. They may be having all sorts of problems trying to get YOUR insurance to pay for your meds. And, while the pharmacist is trying to determine why the insurance will not pay for your med, you are on your cellphone in his window blurting out the most personal parts of your life, the 3 phones in the pharmacy are all ringing, 2 techs are trying to ask him questions, and the cashier is asking him what to do about a problem with the cash register, the paper has just jammed in his printer, and his computer has mysterious ground to a halt. A kid is pecking on the glass and customer is fusing at the cashier about her copay. Would you be happy and all smiles????

• Li
    LisaTimmons Aug 31, 2013

To Optrader. Well, that's the profession the pharmacist chose. if they can't do their jobs, and be somewhat friendly and professional, then they should not be in THAT profession. Being a pharmacist, means working and helping the public. which means, putting a smile on your face, and help the customers, and be HAPPY about it.

• Ta
    Taylorh2 Aug 31, 2013

You did not wait 1.5 hrs in Walmart for your prescription.

• Ha
    Happy Mom222 Sep 04, 2013

Rudeness is everywhere these days

simple price check turns into yelling match with night manager

At approx. 10:35 - 10:45 pm on April 21, 2010 I prepared to check out at the South Keys Wal-mart location...

wal-mart misleading customers and refusal to honor price-accuracy scanning-code-of-practice price-accuracy-guarantee

Wal-mart misleading customers and refusal to honor price-accuracy scanning-code-of-practice...

4 comments Toronto Food

cheating on insurance

I went in to pick up my medicine and I didn't check the bag, "it was stapled Up" when I got home I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices