Menu
Walgreens
reviews & complaints

Walgreens
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1460 complaints
231 resolved 1229 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Walgreens. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
9:50 am EDT

Walgreens - pharmacy

First off they cannot get the correct item-I get my testosterone after they order it (they rarely have it in stock-testosterone! not some rare item) then they order needles rather then the syringe the doctor orders but I have to wait a second time, then they get it half right and I get the 23G syringe but it cannot draw up the testosterone-I require a 21G but that has to be ordered so after about 4 weeks I go in to pick up another item and they say "the syringes did not come and we are busy so maybe it is in another box" so I remember I ran out of Eliquis a blood thinner so I go in to get that and I hope the syringe-wrong! The tech smiles and says "maybe next week" I am out now over a month of my needed hormone and he is smiling so after I tell him my name for the 6th time in a couple of weeks and three times within a week, he is about to hand me the script for my Eliquis and smiles and asks me my full address-I say "are you kidding me? you know me!" I am fuming and say "dont be a d---k" and he walks away-mind you I am out of medication and have AFIB and he is playing freaking games-the other tech comes and I kowtow and tell her what she already knows and I get my $150 copay drug-I am done with this firm who has to order rather then stock and only orders once or twice a week while in NYC my other pharmacy orders twice daily!

F
7:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 10/09/15 I went to get my prescription refill for Lyrica 100mg 3 at bedtime. I was told that they could not refill it until the next day because it is a controlled substance and insurance would not allow it. I only had 1 pill to take that night and I knew from past experience that missing my full dose would cause extreme anxiety and agitation. A couple...

10:43 am EDT

Walgreens - rude and unappropriate customer service

Pam (I think) at Walgreen's store on the intersection of Irving Park and Pulaski. This particular employee is very rude and sarcastic and has a habit of speaking to people in a manner that is very unprofessional. He also lies and makes lots of mistakes on the cash register and says that there is no mistake when in fact the is causing customers to have to make unnecessary trips back to the pharmacy when in fact customers can make their purchase that day. I gave lots of chances to this employee because after all every store is different and with different personality employees but today I went in to purchase something that was on sale and this employee keeps displaying the same unappropriated behavior.

D
6:57 pm EDT

Walgreens - service

On 9/24/2015, I was profiled by two Walgreens workers. They approached me and asked if I had placed unpurchased toothpaste in my shopping bag. I told them no and gave them permission to check the bag, to which they declined. I brushed it off and proceeded to shop. When I stood in line to pay for my items, one of the employees approached me again and was more belligerent. He said, "Ma'am, you can take the toothpaste out of your bag." I responded, "Huh?" He kept badgering me, "We saw you take it. You're on camera and 12 eyes seen you take it." I showed him my bag which at that point had my personal items, including a used tube of Jergens lotion. I asked, "Is this what you saw me put in my bag and thought was toothpaste?" He checked it and the cashier attempted to scan it, in case I had stolen it. Mind you, it was a mostly used tube of lotion. Afterwards I demanded a manager, and demanded to see this video with me stealing toothpaste. The employee mumbled and walked away. He said something like, "I'm off soon." He also apologized, but only because I demanded it. The manager came out and was cordial but not helpful. He said he was going to rectify the situation and kept apologizing that I had to experience such treatment. But nothing else happened. I asked for a business card, but he didn't have one to give me. He wrote a phone number on a piece of paper. I asked for their names and wrote them down too.

I was humiliated in front of other customers in the store and pretty shaken up. Never will I return to this Walgreens.

10:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

An incident occurred while I was checking out at my local Walgreens at Abrams and Royal in Dallas, TX, September 8, 2015 that I would like to share. The person in front of me did not pay for her items after they were scanned and placed into a bag, but instead calmly walked out the door and on to her car that was parked in clear view of the front door. I...

6:59 pm EDT

Walgreens - rudeness

Hello,

I would like to report a pharmacy worker by the name of James (I think) at Walgreen's store #11011. This particular employee is very rude and sarcastic and has a habit of speaking to people in a manner that is very unprofessional. He also lies and says that prescriptions are not ready when in fact they are causing customers to have to make unnecessary trips back to the pharmacy when in fact they could have just picked up their prescripctions that day. I ended up having to take my prescription to CVS to be filled because I got sick of his rude and condescending attitude. If in fact he does not like his job then maybe he should quit. I for one will not miss him.

A
5:42 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After filing a complaint on a pharmacy manager (Isaac Smith @10196 66th St N, Pinellas Park, FL 33782) for calling the cops on me for asking why he suddenly felt "uncomfortable filling my prescriptions" but never felt that way during the unfortunate time I had to self pay for many many months. I could immediately put two and two together and tell it was due...

C
4:16 pm EDT

Walgreens - unpaid labor

I will admit that I made a mistake by walking out of my job but they told me I could work at night or I could not work for them. On night I saw them treat a transgendered customer like a bag of meat so I left work and never came back. They have refused to pay me for the work I did and even though at most it's a couple hundred dollars I think I deserve to be paid.

1 comment
M
Feb 13, 2016 9:24 am EST

I agree you should treat everybody with respect and you should pay folks for work that they do no matter if they walked out on you or not!

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was visiting in Florida where my elderly parents reside and need my assistance with daily activities. I was recently awarded SSD by the state of New York due to Systemic Lupus, depression, ADHD, and 3 back issues causing chronic pain. On July 7, 2015 at 9:30 am, I needed one valid prescription filled named Adderall 10mg provided by my NY Psychiatrist . I...

M
12:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been collecting Balance Rewards for quite a while. You know, Walgreens Drugs "point system." I finally had over $35. worth of points. So I went in last week, and bought quite a few things, including a Pulse Oximeter, which was $49. itself. My total order was $117., and I paid for it with $82. cash and $35. in points. Well, I got home, and the Pulse...

K
7:37 am EDT

Walgreens - management

was told by the store manager that 'truth is not always the best policy' and this as we are now showing off our new 'excellent customer care' core values... just find it hard to swallow is all... really wish management would listen to the other side of the story sometimes...

1 comment
Mar 28, 2015 11:17 am EDT

Well you were not being truthful either. You were dishonest about your education. I doubt any company would hire someone that has terrible spelling and grammar.

2:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been going to Walgreens on Kempton Street in New Bedford for my prescriptions for years. I do not know why I put up with the things I have from this company but I did. I have had multiple surgical procedures in the last 15 years. I have been on and off different pain medications for the better part of the whole 15 years. I had an issue with a...

F
1:32 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am sick and tired of trying to get pain medications filled. First one pharmacy is out so you go to the next pharmacy who has it and get it filled there only to have that thrown in your face and you are looked at suspiciously for having traveled around with your pain med prescriptions. I am a person who has systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis for...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Several Days in January 2015 I brought my pain prescription to the pharmacy as was told it was not in stock. When I asked if they could tell when it may arrive I was advised they didn't know. It was on order but it never comes. Advised me to just keep trying. I asked to speak with the pharmacist on duty on the 3rd try & she stated that even if they had it...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Took my pain medication prescription to have it filled & was denied services. The technician took my prescription, looked me up in computer to see if I had been a customer in the past (which I was), She then handed it back to me & stated I was not allowed to use any Walgreens pharmacy because I do not meet their criteria. I asked for details. Specific...

B
5:38 pm EST

Walgreens - $3,000 monthly sweepstakes

I bought some prescriptions at Walgreen to which I was given a receipt with a notification that if I take the survey, I can entered their $3, 000 monthly cash sweepstake by going into www.wagcares.com.

If you logged into www.wagcares.com, you get pages of advertisements and you have to almost CLICKED on every one of those sites to finally find the sweepstake entry. I read some views from other customers WHO ALSO COMPLAIN about this SAME issue. If the Walgreen receipt states to logged into www.wagcares.com, it SHOULD take the customer STRAIGHT to the sweepstake survey site..NOT TO EVERY OTHER THING listed on 2-3 screens.
To get to the sweepstake entry, you have to answered about 10 -15 customer evaluation multiple choice questions(5 - 7 minutes) to get to the end where the entry form for the sweepstake. When you get to the application and you start putting in your name, address...IT FLIPS ITSELF OUT to THE NEXT SCREEN) : THANK YOU FOR YOUR SURVEY. It does this before you can finish entering all the necessary data on the entry form about yourself for that sweepstakes You try to use the back arrow to get back to the previous screen where your entry application was so you can finished entering the rest of your information and it won't let you.

If you go back to and re-find www.wagcares.com and try to start from the beginning, it also won't let you stating again : THANK YOU FOR YOUR SURVEY. SURVEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN TAKEN.
Survey: [protected] Password: [protected]
[protected]

Y
2:10 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

went to get two Tamiflu prescriptions filled in two Walgreen Pharmacies. The first took the prescription but didn't have them in stock. Sent us to another Walgreen that had Tamiflu. We gave them our insurance cards and the first thing they said was that they couldn't get through to the insurance carrier, they also said we need new insurance cards. We did...

K
2:02 am EST

Walgreens - Repeat prescription delays

I had thyroid surgery in my early twenties because of an over active thyroid (graves disease). For thirty years my levels were normal. Then, I developed hypothyroid symptoms which took my health to the extreme in the other direction.
After gaining 40 lbs and not being able to remember where I lived or who I was, my husband took me to an endocrinologist. Great decision. She put me on non-generic Synthroid.
I've been having my prescription filled for years (at least 10) by Walgreens since day one. They've always operated like clockwork as far as getting my prescription ready for pick up when the last month's supply was getting low - most times, three days ahead of schedule.
I wish I could brag the same great service I've been receiving for the past few months. Sometimes my prescriptions have been late a day or two.
This time I ordered on the 14th. By email Walgreens received my order on the 16th. My last pill was the 20th. I received an email on the 24th stating that they were unable to submit payment to my insurance carrier. Today is the 26th and it looks as if I'm not going to be receiving anything for the next few days.
I've got great insurance set up for auto pay every month. I'm up to date with ins info.
What I can't understand is why the service has taken such a dive.
I have a distant friend who was once a pharmacist at Walgreens in another town about 20 years ago. It was such a stressful job that she had to quit. (Maybe that CVS pharmacist with the very nasty attitude should consider the same thing.) I know that health insurance companies are leading us all around by the nose and can be difficult to deal with.
But why should that mean that any patient (not just me) should be left without their medication?

I
9:54 pm EST

Walgreens - discourteous discriminatory hydrocodone prescription policy

If you are reading this, it is very likely that you have fallen victim to the infuriating dilemma of not being able to fill your duly authorized Hydrocodone prescription. I too have observed the "we're all out" stonewalling so common at numerous Walgreens throughout the country. Indeed, I witnessed multiple occasions over the last month during random observational visits to investigate this matter, where customers with valid scripts for Hydrocodone were turned away rather curtly by Walgreens pharmacy staff. How do I know the scripts were for Hydrocodone? Because I asked the customer in the parking lot, explaining that I was investigating the seemingly impossible task of getting a script for this commonly prescribed pain medication filled on a timely basis.

Before I continue, I should make it clear that it is all too obvious, that the rank and file employees at Walgreens have become toughened by the company's insipid policies that make it virtually impossible for them to offer the kind of customer service that we have every right to expect. Indeed, the responses from staff ranged from contrite and apologetic (mostly when talking to the aged), to curt and rude. What I found extremely disturbing however, was an obvious pattern of treating poor and minority customers with attitudes that can only be described as ranging from condescending, to downright rude. If you are a poor non-white minority individual in need of prescription pain medication, not only will Wallgreens staff treat you badly, but they will often seem to take cruel pleasure in turning you away while simultaneously making you feel like a common criminal. Yes, sometimes they even laugh at you behind your back. Because many of these individuals lack the understanding of their rights, most seem to contritely accept even the worst treatment.

On the other hand, I obsrved a professionaly dressed (suit and tie) white male, who simply refused to be put off. He correctly stated that his prescription was valid, that he had been taking this medication for many months, and that he had dealt with this Walgreens exclusively. He was very insistent that the pharmacy assist him in obtaining the medication by either having it couriered from another location, or at least contacting other branches in order to locate one that had it. He was quite determined, and intimated that he had placed this order several days prior, and had had quite enough of their excuses. He also made it clear that he had no intention of suffering withdrawal symptoms, and he then produced the Walgreens paperwork indicating the symptoms he could expect were his pain medication abruptly discontinued. This seemed to be the turning point in the interaction. Clearly this customer was not going to accept the curt "we are out and have no idea when we will have it in stock" answer. Instead he rightly placed the responsibility on Walgreens. Once it was clear this man wasn't leaving without satisfaction, the staffer agreed to call around to find a store that had his medication. Eventually, they did find one and the man left, presumably, to obtain his pain medicine. (Note, I did not interview him because HE indicated revealed that it was Hydrocodone.)

What is clear from this observation, is that Walgreens pharmacies operate on a unwritten policy of "white, well-dressed, squeaky wheel gets the grease" This is disturbing on so many levels, I'm not sure what else to say.

Clearly the new regulations regarding Hydrocodone are creating massive problems for people who should never have to face them. These are people operating in good faith, who have the misfortune of requiring strong pain relief medication. That there are many, many people in need of this medication is not at all surprising. The U.S. population is aging, and many are still finding it necessary to work well into, what would ideally be, their retirement years. Hydrocodone, for all of its vilification by the DEA and certain politicians, is keeping many of its users as hard working tax paying members of society. At the same time, less than 1% of patients on pain medication are getting into serious trouble with the drugs. The automobile industry, in contrast, could only dream of such a record for safety with their products.

I've chosen to single out Walgreens, because they are the largest pharmacy in America. They claim to offer kind, knowledgable, and compassionate service. And to be fair, I saw many examples of this during my investigation. However, once again, we are seeing people whose needs fall outside what I will call "the easy to satisfy norm, " who are being made to feel like they are simply too much trouble to help. The DEA and the burdensome new regulations placed on Hydrocodone are almost totally to blame. However, Walgreens staff also seems to consistently show indifference, or to even take pleasure in withholding service from poor and minority customers who have just as real a need for pain relief, as the well dressed professional white men. That is simply unacceptable.

3:32 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Late 2012, an employee named Irma at the newly opened Miami Beach Walgreen's on 23rd Street in the Beauty Dept was so unhelpful that it was shocking to me. She is Obese, just noting that only because she is lazy, and not the right person to be helping others who are nice to others and very helpful herself. My complaint is her personality and the outer layer...

Walgreens contacts