VRBObreach of rental agreement by owner

A

I had a rental agreement with Jim Ring for his Park City, UT property VRBO #106012 for 2 nights in August 2012. He cancelled my rental 10 days before my scheduled arrival and refused to refund my $330 (2 nights at $150 + $30 cleaning fee). The reason he gave for cancelling was that he got a longer-term renter for the property - so he was cancelling me for another person.

Jim offered a credit but did not respond at all to my request that he refund my money - even the cleaning fee I had already paid. I had no use for a credit because my travel plans were already booked and I had no plans to return to Park City later. My husband left him a message a few days later that wasn't returned, then did reach him by phone a few days after that. When they spoke, Jim said our money was "gone" and that he hopes we don't use his credit. Clearly he would not honor it if we ever did try to use this "credit". I contacted VRBO to file a complaint, and they told me they had contacted the owner and that their process required him to follow up with me in writing. It has been nearly 2 months and he never contacted me in accordance with VRBO procedure. This property owner breached our rental agreement, refused to refund payment for services that were not provided and refused to follow VRBO's complaint procedures, and VRBO has done nothing to assist me with this.