Vonsbad customer service

L

I have been a Vons Customer for over 30 years. In my current town of residence, Scripps Ranch San Diego, there are 2 grocery stores, both Vons. This has never been a problem for me as I have always liked shopping there. However, recently it seems like the cashiers are getting less and less friendly. That, I can deal with. But today I spent $413.oo at Vons and the cashier said that I would be getting more "free gas" added to my card. I was overjoyed. Then she asked for my card. I didn't have a card because I threw my previous gas card away. NO ONE EVER TOLD ME TO KEEP IT! When I received the first gas card I was thrilled. But they never said to keep it. So I told her that. She said "sorry you have to have it, I can't give you another one." She told me to see the manager. This manager was the rudest man I have ever talked to . He said "I can't just issue you a new card" I told him no one had told me that I needed to keep the card. Mind you, I have shopped at this particular Vons for 10 years and spend about $300 a week there. He said "Well, everyone has told everyone about keeping the card, I can't give you a new one" Then they gave me a number to call. Have you ever tried to call Vons customer service??? Give yourself a few extra hours and some patience. I once tried to call to make sure that my credit card was not charged for something after their computers went down.So I am not even going to attempt calling the number. I know that they figure they have the market on us in this town so they really don't care. Not that it really matters to them, but I will take my business to a nearby town from now on. I did it for months in 2003 when Vons was on strike. I can do it again. I can't imagine how hard it is to issue me another gas card or at least explain to me why they can't. And telling me that everyone has been told to keep it. Essentially he told me I was a liar. When you walk down the isles at Vons some employee in every isle asks you if you are finding everything, almost to the point of annoyance. If I couldn't find something, I'd be happy that they were available to ask though. So is that how they are working on customer service and then letting the rude employees be the cashiers and management?

marion2010 Dec 04, 2010

No wamder You are feeling like that `but keep in mind these people are the lowest paid in USA so they do not have any motivation to be nice to you, and still they are' so a little more respect from the both sides does not hurt!