Vodafone - IndiaRegarding blocking of Blackberry by Vodafone!

V

I purchased a Blackberry device from Hutch (now Vodafone),Ansal plaza, new delhi after paying MRP Rs24990. Then i used it for some time and now i want to change my network from Vodafone to Airtel. But, Vodafone have locked it, so that it cant be used with any other network then Vodafone. When i insert the sim of any other mobile network, it says "INVALID SIM".
My point is that when i have paid MRP price of Blackberry device and it is not on discounted price or not with any contact mobile plan, as practiced in western countries,then how can they block my device. In western countries,you can have a Mobile phone as low as one euro and it is condition based, that you have to use the service at least or minimum two years. In that case, they block the handset of given mobile. but here, i am paying MRP and they can not force me to use their services.
As a consumer, i should be free to use it as i want, right?

So,this is to request you to please bring this to notice to Authorities,who can help me out. We all should do something about this. At one or another, at some point of time, we all have to go through this kind or similar kind of problems.

Thanks,
Vijay sen.

• Ra
    Rajesh Ahuja Jul 24, 2008

I am in total agreement with the grievances posted on this portal. Vodafone is engaging in excessive overbilling on postpaid connections of which I also am a subscriber. This incidence has considerably increased with the takeover of Hutch by Vodafone. e-mails are not responded at all except for acknowledgements. Calls to their Customer Care are usually an 40-45 minute ordeals and executives are rude and discourteous when grievances are explained to them. Visits to their Kiosks are not helpful either. With this approach I amsure they will find themselves faced with plenty of Consumer Court cases sooner than later !

ANANTHA NARAYANAN.M May 04, 2008

Hi,
    I bought the postpaid sim card from gana complex at noida, and also I submitted all those documents last Munday (21/04/2008) in M/s Maadhyam associates, ganga complex, noida. One person came and verify the documents Im my home. But till now my connections is not activated. After that I made a call to customer care center they said that today will active your number till now from the dealer.. I don't why they are taking this much time to activate... Today i called somany times to dealer but he is not attent my call. The dealer number his [protected] & [protected]
    please kindly requested to you to take the action for the complaint immediately.
    This is vodafone sim number-[protected] & it is not activat till now.
    thanking you,

• Ba
    babitha Mar 31, 2008

Vodafone is the worst service providers, i have ever seen.

• As
    Ashish Mathur Feb 03, 2008

I Also Recived This Call.

• As
    Ashutosh R Narkhede Jan 09, 2008

I registared for "My vodaphone" for to access my Vodafone account online . But uptill now I did not got the passward for my Vodafone account .

Anirban Chakrabarti Nov 23, 2007

I am one of the prospective customers in the marketing list for Vodafone. This is to highlight a small incident but truly a very unpleasant one and something that one should forget.

I received a call from the sales department from 'Indu' asking for a Vodafone connection with Rs 444 plan. I asked for the personal executive to come over to the contact address and discuss the call plans. However, when the executive reached the place I was not unavailable due to my official commitments. I eventually called up the executive and told him that I would not be interested since I already had a mobile connection from some other company. The executive obliged. However, then I repeatedly received calls from Indu where she literally abused me and used foul language. This is the kind of customer service that we receive these days.

My advice- stay out of Vodafone if you really want peace in your life. It is one of the horrible and shocking experience that one can go through.

• Vi
    Vinod Dasan Nov 20, 2007

I am receiving lot of calls from people saying that they have received a missed call from my number even though I haven't called anybody. Many of my know people also experienced the same and when i checked I came to know that the number they are receiving calls is [protected] where as my number is [protected] I have already put in a mail to vodaphone services but no replies from their side. I am tired of explaining this details to all the people who call me in this regard. When we dial [protected] it says this number does not exist or is switched off but when we get a call from [protected] it plays caller tunes.

Really want to know whether Vodaphone is trying some pranks in this manner.

• Ku
    Kuldeep k wakhloo Nov 13, 2007

I am old customer of now Vodafone. My no is [protected]. I always pay my monthly bills of my phone much before last date mentioned on the bill.

Today before making any call , I am made to listen taped voice to pay my bill in time, other wise services will be discontinued. It is strange that a honest customer is being is threatened without any reasons.

I want Vodafone to explain me such action

• Ks
    k.senthil Rajan Nov 07, 2007

Hi,

I bought the prepaid connection in Vodafone dealer after that I want convert my services to postpaid and also I submitted all those documents last Sunday (04/11/2007) in M/s in touch solutions p ltd new Delhi. One more person also came and verify the documents Im my home. But till now my connections is not activated. After that I made a call to customer care center they said till now they are not get the documents from the dealer.. I don't why they are taking this much time to activate...

• Vi
    vivek sheel Nov 01, 2007

Yes I agree, they are doing this kind of thing, all over the world.

• Kh
    khadija sen Nov 01, 2007

We should all expose them as much as possible,and distribute this mail to everyone to whole world, then they will stop these kind of practices.