Vodacomvodacom account

D

Please find attached the email I have written to WASPA. Please note that I think that this fraudulant activity is reflecting bad on Vadacom's name. Vodacom has basically given a random fraudulant illegal company the right to access my account and subscribe me to things I have never heard of costing me more money than my Vodacom contract itself. This is absolutely unacceptable and broke any trust I had in Vodacom. My account is basically open to this company to charge me as much as they want without my consent while Vodacom approves this. This is not the end of this debacle - I will make sure that this becomes public knowledge to other Vodacom and non-Vodacom customers as a warning.

Attached - the email to Waspa:

To whom it may concern.

WASPA

I am a Vodacom contract customer. I have recently noted that there is some Fraudulant activity on my account. When I contacted Vodacom in order to report this and enquire why there is suspicious amount of money being deducted from my account - I had to learn about your company called Waspa.

For the past few months I noticed now that there were amounts of up to R400 on my account that I could not account for. Apparently it is some subscriptions illegally added to my account that I have never seen or heard of! Specifically two subscritions namely VIP games Basebone and Whatsmob Silver. I have never consented or signed up to any of these - just to find out that Waspa drives these illegal subscriptions.

I have read my Vodacom contract in detail. Nowhere does it state that any outside company can have access to my account. These activities are illegal and fraudulent.

I hereby request you for a full refund towards my Vodacom account for all deductions made from your company. I will take this further if I do not get refunded within the next week. My lawyer already has a copy of this email. You will also remove me from your spam list immediately - and beware I find any of your activity on my account again.

I have CC'd the Ombudsman for your convenience. I will communicate with you via my lawyer if I do not get a reasonable response.

Dewald Richter
Vodacom Customer
[protected]

Charmaine Williamson Estment Jul 05, 2021

I got an indication that it would stop the service (vodacom), but this month whatsmobb silver is still there!

Charmaine Williamson Estment Jul 05, 2021

I have also experienced this and have raised it with Vodacom-they promised to block the service and this month, there is still a partial charge. How may people do this during such bad economic times-it is shocking! I hope Vodacom has to respond to public outcry around this issue!

• We
    Wessel_Kruger Jun 28, 2018

Did you ever receive any feedback? Also had the "Whatsmob Silver" deduction!