Having problems with Vodacom?

Vodacom Customer Service Contacts

+27 82 111 (Customer Service)
+27 821 904 (Vodacom Fibre)
+27 82 135 (Data Support)
+27 821 958 (Cancellations)
+27 821 7844 (Sales & Upgrades)
+27 821 960 (Vodacom Business)
+27 821 940 (Vodacom Corporate)
+27 116 535 000 (Head Office)
082 Vodacom Boulevard
Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vodacom Customer Service. Initial Vodacom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vodacom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vodacom. Discuss the issues you have had with Vodacom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vodacom Complaints & Reviews

VodacomIncompetent staff

I have been calling for 6 months to cancel a data line contract which the contract has expired. Every consultant says they will cancel it but never does! But its easy for vodacom to increase the price of said data line. Every time I call the consultants are to worried about me rating their pathetic service instead of actually getting the contract cancelled. Now I have to pay more for a service I have baan trying to cancel!

VodacomFibre

Three months ago a applied for Fibre to the home. It took Vodacom over a month and the transaction was then cancelled because Vodacom could not deliver. They claim to have had issues with FrogFoot.
    Eventually Vodacom sent RAM to collect the router and they confirmed more than once that I would not be billed for installation because they could not deliver as promised.
    Two months later I received an invoice via the Vodacom APP for R1700.00
    I have tried to get it rectified for two weeks because my debit orders go off on the 20th of the month. I have had no help from Vodacom.
    Every day I phone and e-mail and the same story. Peter is working on it.
    Peter needs to pull his finger and get this sorted. Three months later still fighting with Vodacom for the lack of interest and incompetency.

VodacomCancellation of contract

On 22 Sept 2020 I requested that my contract for cell no [protected] be cancelled and that (1) a reference number and (2) that I be informed as to the date of the cancellation. On 6 and 13 Oct 2020 I sent follow up emails to Kenosi Leshoro. No response. On 20 N0v 2020 I called cancellations and requested to speak to a supervisor. I was told he will call back. today is 24 Nov. No call received. I also need to know what the closing balance is. Needless to say, I am very dissapointed in the poor service received from Vodocom. Barbara Diana Gilfillan

VodacomWrongfully debiting my account

I am sick and tired of vodacom who keeps debiting my account after I have cancelled my services with them.

The last time I called I was told that only one of my contracts were cancelled and that I had to cancel the other one, I was also told that I would be refunded but not once have I received my money. On the 20th of november 2020 vodacom debited my account with r215 yet I have cancelled all my services with them. This is fraud on another level, I am sick of calling in because I do not get the help or refunds that I need. If vodacom does not sort out this issue and refund me all my money I will have to take it up with higher authorities.

Tre-jean hendricks

• Updated by TreJ · Nov 24, 2020

Today, 24th November 2020 I called Vodacom customer care service about my query. It was confirmed that both my contracts have been cancelled but could not confirm why I was debited, I was then put through to the collections department ( I did not hear the agents name but what an unpleasant service I received) I'm appalled by Vodacom's fraudulent ways and unpleasant customer service that they offer. They told me that was my last debit for invoices? and I was put in arrears by this company for CANCELLED CONTRACTS!!! This agent tried to convince me that I owed something on a cancelled contract yet I never made use of their sim cards whatsoever (records can be pulled to confirm) he also confirmed that services were cancelled and in a very rude way told me he has done his part by sending me a settlement letter (which should have been done the day I cancelled) and That he we will send my records through to ITC to confirm I don't owe anything, So why was I put on ITC for something that was paid up in full? my credit score has been negatively effected and I am livid. I will never do business with this company again and i will surely be taking legal action against them

VodacomBilling us r1400 for installation

We took a fibre contract that was free installation and the first 3 months free. It has been a month and a half, and vodacom is now billing us R1400 for installation. I have phoned them and opened a dispute. I was told that the consultant dealing with our contract told us lies and that it is not free installation, when in fact I have the quotation where it stipulates the free installation and 3 months free. Our internet was cut on Friday and we were without internet the entire weekend. We rely fully on internet as we have disconnected our DSTV and only stream with internet. This morning I am still battling to sort it out.

VodacomMobile phone contract

My father died on okt 4 th the numbers were under his personal name I send a transfer form with a death certificate! We having this account for over 20 years with Vodacom never been in arrears they just blocked the numbers and I had to go in to the closest Vodacom store they said which I did by the way a drive of 109 km filled in all the paperwork to transfer the numbers to my business 2 weeks ago the numbers are still off line and the number is till in my dads name ? I am so frustrated all my Otp etc are on this number otherwise I would have cancelled Vodacom and go to another provider but they keep me hostage with my number VODACOm South Africa sucks

VodacomFibre applications

I tried applying for Fibre since early this morning. Eventually after phoning the agent said that I will receive an email or SMS. Am still waiting. I tried applying again since I received no reply and agent called me back again and said I must not apply again because it will cause a problem. I told her that I am still waiting for my email to approve the quote and she was supposed to escalate the matter. I am still waiting. If this is the service I received how will fibre be

• Updated by UrsulaG · Nov 13, 2020

It is another day and after contacting Vodacom yesterday after 17:00 I spoke with a Lorrel where I had to give my MAC address and serial number. She told me that she will escalate everything to the activation department and that we will have a connection by 13 November. I called again today and held on the line for at least 25 min. Eventually, I got another agent and explained what the situation was. She said there is no record on the system of any activation or call. This is really unacceptable as we still have no connection today. Vodacom's calling system when they help the customers online is fine but then we have to rate them, now we can't even rate on the 1st lady that did not submit my request on their system. This is a really bad service

VodacomFiber cancellation

I am trying to cancel my fiber line for the last 3x months. Still waiting for the email to confirm cancellations after numerous phone calls and reference SMS's. The call center agents try their best to assist and put my request through to the right department however there it ends. Nothing happens after I receive my SMS with reference number and I still pay for a fiber line that I don't have anymore.

VodacomPremature upgrades

3 november 2020
                  I did a premature upgrade on my contract with vodacom.
                  Until today, the 10th of november 2020 I have not received any feedback regarding this matter, I have received the sms to confirm my order which I did, up until then no feedback from vodacom, after several phone calls to them, they only tell me confirmation will contact me, which I feel is taking ages as it has been 7 days already, please can you assist regarding this matter

VodacomAirtime refund

I am an Expats who travel in and out South Africa all the time. Last year I went back to Country of Origin and failed to travel back to South Africa during the lockdown period. Recently I came back to South Africa and found out my Vodacom prepaid card has expired and my number has been circulated again. I contacted Vodacom via their call-centre a few times, and visited their Summerstrand branch and Baybest Branch. No one can help me with this. I don't need to have my number back, but I would like to have my money back as I have more than R2000 airtime in my prepaid card. Please refund me with this. My name is Shansheng Jin. My invalid Vodacom number was [protected]. Please email me with the outcome if you can: jin.[protected]@baicsa.co.za Thank you!

VodacomFibre

Fibre do not sell the products as Vodacom can not deliver the service. Will definitely not renew my contract. Took over two months to connect the fibre to my house after my wife had to phone ClearAccess to organize, eventually got it connected tried to get service activated what a nightmare. Lies told by the service agents and agents not doing their work. Service still not activated. All I can say is useless

VodacomEmail

My Vodacom email account on [protected] has been giving me problems for nearly a year now. If I try to read or send an email, I get diverted to Vodacom portal. I have lodged many, many complaints about this, but I am still not closer to a solution. Vodacom has a different story every time, and sometimes what the consultant tells me to do helps for a day or so, then it is back to square one.
                        So at the moment I cannot use my email on my laptop at all. Although I receive emails, I cannot open, delete, send or respond to them on my laptop.
                        On my cell phone however, it works fine.
                        Please help me to solve this problem because I do not wish to change my service provider.
                        Ida Soekoe
                        Bloemfontein

VodacomSTORE TREATMENT and P40 LITE

Good morning Vodacom

I am extremely disappointed and heavy- hearted in writing this mail, since my expectations were not meet, rather appalled by the service received at East Rand Mall Vodacom outlet, across Dischem.

On Monday the 02 November 2020, I went to the store to get a new phone after the one I was using was debilitated from day to day use. The reception was not bad upon arrival, I was assisted by a young lady there.
                          Yes it might have been minute before closure (+/- 30 minutes), but doesn't justify what I am about to express.

I bought the P40 lite (accompanied by a watch), the procedure entailed me been given the phone and further "figure it out" on my own, without explaining anything.
                          Since I have been using the Huawei P series for a while, I didn't see the injustice prevailing of me failing to operate or use the phone.

When I got home, I tried downloading Google drive on it to restore all my information to a dismal fail. I couldnt access any of my contacts, and decided to return to the store the next day.
                          On the 3rd at about 13h30 I went back to the store, to enquire about the functionality, I later learned that the phone was not working on google drive, something which was not explained to me.
                          The manager at the store called a lady by the name of Ouma working for Huawei to come and assist, she arrived after 40 minutes, I waited nonetheless. She started working on the phone with great struggles, and later informs me that the phone was never set- up from the store, and that caused the delay.

After a long wait, she start getting around the phone and informs me that a Huawei ID is needed, all this is foreign to me. I then asked her, if she, as an expert is struggling, what would become of me as a lay man with no knowledge and experience of the HMS?
                          I humbly requested to be given a phone that is user friendly and google drive supported.

I was moved from pillar to post, inciting that it would be a come -back on the consultant that sold the phone to me. I then wondered why are they not sensitive to my needs of getting a user friendly phone.
                          After battles of note, and them trying to convince me that " I will be fine with the aforementioned phone" asked if they will be able to assist me or not.

They furnished documents to put in a query of a phone that is defective, written that it "kept dropping calls and lost network", but that was not the case. I clearly stated reasons for not wanting the phone, yet they opted to putting what they saw fit.
                          I asked if I will be getting another phone, they refused such and said they will need to take it in for Technicians to make a determination on it.

I was again told that if the technicians find nothing wrong with it, I would have to take the phone.
                          The entire drama ended in a bad way, I left the store without a phone at about 17h30, making it 48 hours without contact.

I don't believe in the notion that the customer is always right, but it was within my right to request a different phone.
                          I am deprived without a phone.

I called the customer care centre today 4th November 2020 to enquire about the account and grace period on feedback, but was told that nothing is reflecting on the system about the phone or drama that unfoulded. The assumption might be that they will wait for the 14 day grace to pass and load it as a late return, after being returned within 24 hours

Recourse:
                          I hereby request that the contract be terminated with immediate effect, I will find alternative shops to obtain a phone, as for the attitude at East point, they can keep their Vodacom, I will find alternatives.
                          My phone number is [protected], I would have made a plan to get a phone by no later than 10h00 today.
                          Please peruse my profile, you will also note I have been a loyal customer of Vodacom for years now. But that too doesn't worry me

VodacomContract not cancelled like roland promise only change to prepaid

I as gor an upgrade they send a new contract. Ronald promise me thst he will cancell the Contract thAt WaS send baCk with the sim and now he onlY chaNGe it TO pre paid. I DID NOT ASK FOR A NEW CONTACT ONLY AN UPGRADE. I dont want an prepaid i want it cancelled like roland said.
                            Hi Maryke Du Plooy

We have received your request to convert [protected] to pre-paid. It has been logged and will take effect on [protected]:21:47. Please note that any outstanding usage costs will be billed in the next month's billing cycle.

We recommend you use any remaining minutes and data before this date as it will be lost during conversion to prepaid.

For any queries, please call Cancellations on 0821958.

Kind regards

Vodacom

Nov 02, 2020

Vodacom — Contract cancellation / termination

Issue 1: Change of debit order date. 17.04.2020 I sent an email with a copy of my account, ID and an email...

VodacomPoor service and won't cancel my contract even though the laptop is faulty and contract was less than 14 days old

I wanted to cancel my contract for the Mercer guru pro laptop purchased on the 8th of October 2020 at clearwater mall. I called on saturday the 17th of October 2020 because the laptop was faulty and they didn't want to assist me and said that I should cancel the contract, they even gave me a number to call for contract cancellations. Please note that I returned the faulty laptop, router and sim card to the clearwater vodacom store manager today the 19th of october 2020. Please note that I was still within my 14 days grace period and they still debit my account.

Oct 30, 2020

Vodacom — Insurance administered by finrite

CLM4234345 I'm writing to inform you of an issue that I've had with trying to process an insurance...

Oct 26, 2020

Vodacom — Continued deduction after contracts was cancelled account [protected]-4

Please please help I have been on the phone all morning with no sucess My bank account is being debited...

Oct 21, 2020

Vodacom — Unethical behaviour

Hi my name is Ndivhuwo Ramudzuli cell no 072 274 8988good afternoon I was extremely disappointed today...

VodacomListed on credit bureau

I cancelled both my contract in 2018 for iphone 6 and wifi router but vodacom continued to charge me without my knowledge and had to stop the debit which resulted in me being in credit bureau.. This year when I was trying to buy a phone on contract I was told of the vodacom debt that resulted in credit bureau. I never got a letter or email even sms from them (vodacom) notifying me about my debt, it was just a suprise to me that I owe them and had not tried to apply for another credit I wouldint have known about all those stories, no statement from them to show how much I owe them, nothing. Not even a phone call and they have now tainted my name to credit bureau. Worst service I ever received from vodacom, very unprofessional, how do you list a person who is unaware of her debts to credit bureau. Very disappointing service provider.