Virgin MediaAbsolutely appalling service!

J

I don't know where to start with this service. It is absolutely appalling. No-one that I have written to or spoken to seems to know what's going on. The 'on demand' service only works sometimes. It disappears for up to 2 weeks with no explanation. I did not receive a copy of April 2007 bill. This may not have been their fault but what I cannot get them to do is send me a copy of that bill. I want to see what I am paying for. All they did was add.

Beware!

Anette Ruprecht Jun 07, 2007

21 days and many hours spent on the mobile phone to polite but basic liars who promise tomorrow tomorrow and and we still have NO PHONE. The number promised (at this stage I couldn't care less, give us any number) was given to some one two days ago. We are at our wits end all for throwing it in the bin. Come on Virgin you are not a tin pot company I really expected more from a R. Branston.

MARION GRIFFITHS Jun 21, 2007

Does richard branson have the same trouble as me trying to get hold of ntl? I don't think so. He should try phoning his call centres and experience the problems i've had. It rings for ages - someone may answer, probably in india, I cannot understand what they are saying - they then transfer me to another department - i hang on for wages - a call for which i am paying. Eventually i have to hang up because its costing me money. I am so frustrated i cannot speak to anyone who can help me. They are only interested in putting me hold - at my expense. By the way i am trying to cancel my contract with them.

Mrs Amanda Mason Jun 22, 2007

Well i find virgin media an absolute joke. I have been requesting since february 2007 for somebody to contact me with regard to my tv package and why i am paying double the about for exactly the same products i was receiving in august 2005 when i first took this service out!!! 14 e-mails, 7 phone calls and 5 letters later i have still not received any response or explanation!!! The only thing i have received is a threatening letter saying that i have breach my contract by canceling my direct debit... which i threatened to carry out twice before actually taking action and following it through. Wouldn't you??? I just want to sort the £137 they say i owe and get rid of them and go to sky as they are offering me a lot more than virgin anyway!!! I should have done it along time ago.

Steven Lukins Jun 24, 2007

I totally agree, they are the most useless company I have ever dealt with

Chris Hunt Jun 25, 2007

I totally agree with the above comments. Whilst NTL had its faults, they were never as bad as VirginMedia. I would be curious to find how many ex NTL customers lost their email accounts this weekend (23/06/07). I have found out today that my 3 NTL email accounts have been withdrawn by Virgin. Just the email accounts not my broadband service. Is this a back door way of getting me to transfer to Virgin media email addresses?

As an ISO 9001 certified company, I believe that they have breached the following QMS standards:

4.2.4 Control of documentation.
    6.2.2 Competence, awareness and training.
    7.2.2 Review of requirements related to the product.
    7.2.3 Customer Communication.
    7.5.4 Customer property.
    8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction.

I would like to think that the ISO certificating body will look closely at their so called performance.

Shame on you Virginmedia, for a communication firm you are not very good at communicating.

Mrs freeman Jun 28, 2007

Disgusting, after struggling to access somewhere to email regarding a fault with phone, the phone is dead but to others phoning engaged, had no response, rang and left message, no response, phoned later as phone line somehow was self-dialing 999 which was awkward, in fact police came out first time, then told will be Monday sometime, 6 days later than fault reported. Our home is on threat to danger yet are left without phoneline and with a line which had been making false calls so if a genuine one was made later these false ones are reported. Do you not think you need more engineers, Virgin. Also annoyed at the rip-off charge of £5 if we do not conform and pay all bills by Direct Debit, so if they make a mistake I wonder how long it will take us for them to refund us!! We should have choices how we pay our bill. If we had a choice to pay on-line and manage own accounts that would save their paperwork. Their whole system seems to be a shambles. Thinking of going to BT as they repair phones quicker.

• Le
    leslie moon Jul 02, 2007

I have been with ntl for years now but since virgin media took over it has been 1 hell of a ride. Virgin media must be the fastest company in the world to upset so many people at once they lost the top sky programs (sky 1) they tell you you can get 20meg broadband, but they don’t tell you you can only use it for 21mins before they cap your speed to 5meg and call it traffic management you have a problem and you get someone on the other end of the phone that you cant understand and now there going to charge you 25pence a min for the privilege. Now how can company’s get away with it. They say 1 thing and do another i wont be staying with virgin media if this continues.

stewart houldsworth Jul 25, 2007

I payed my bill on Saturday and i got home from work Monday to find out I've been cut off the phone.

• Cm
    C. McLean Jul 26, 2007

Bad experience with virgin media. Be very careful - read the small print, get written confirmation - the call centre staff seem misinformed, confused, and hellbent on ensuring that you will never be able to cancel within 28 days - even if it means misinforming the customer. The call waiting time is ridiculous (they are making money, after all) and to confuse matters further, there are more departments than make sense! At one point i was advised that i had no contract with virgin, but i did have with ntl! What??? I signed up for a deal to include mobile but was later told i couldn't have it unless i got cable connected (after signing, of course). Then they lied about bt/virgin switchover date to avoid cancellation. Cant be bothered typing any more, wasted enough time on them!

Joey Jul 28, 2007

I called them on the day of installation as I was disappointed with the amount of TV channels - I was told by the girl on the phone that I could have a free upgrade to XL for 6 months; cool right?! WRONG!!

Over the next couple of months they charged me double; when I contacted customer services and after nearly 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone; was told things such as "why would we upgrade you free of charge?" and "we would never have said that". I did explain to them that what they're doing is completely illegal - consumers have rights, but still they refuse to refund me.

The bills from Virgin are still incorrect and they are still charging me wrongly – I have now canceled all the direct debits and my services have been revoked; which is an inconvenience but they won’t cancel my contract either – f**k them, see you in court!

As consumers we are covered by the law and I’m sure that must include:-
    The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)
    The Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982
    The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

I am now going to write to the CEO of Virgin Media and ask for an explanation and refund to sort this out once and for all; failing this I will contact Ofcom (http://www.ofcom.com), after that the bank as they may have breached the direct debit guarantee (but I need to check this first) and maybe BBC watchdog. If every disgruntled customer does the same we have more of a fighting chance against them. This company cannot get away with the mistreatment of its customers and someone needs to be accountable and resolve these issues and stop selling services on the say-so of false information.

Joey

Bartley Wood Business Park
    Hook
    RG27 9XA

Joey Jul 28, 2007

Virgin Media have the worst customer service and help lines I have ever experienced in my entire life! I only went with them because I used to have NTL and their service was far from great but I signed up for broadband and TV @ £27.00 per month. OK. So I was told that the direct debit would be taken as £25.00 broadband and £2.00 for TV - strange but OK. This is because their TV payments are on a different system apparently.

As consumers we are covered by the law and I’m sure that must include:-
    The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)
    The Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982

Bartley Wood Business Park
    Hook
    RG27 9XA

sajjad habibi ghasem abad Jul 28, 2007

I cant understand why microsoft don't have any support for me, payment for my delivery.

• Ru
    Russell Logan Jul 30, 2007

Been with virgin media since they took over fron NTL got tv /mobile /broadband/and landline telephone. I can honestly say what a load of Rubbish cant get my bills correct cant answer my calls don't answer my e-mails. charged me for two years for 4mb broadband then i found out i was only getting 2 mb what a rip off no sorry no money refunded.

This week i have tried to close my account with virgin media without success been on the phone 7 times each time i am on it takes 1 hour and twenty minutes on the phone to them the i hang up! Well today I eventually got to speak to someone about canceling my account Mmm mmm guess what he says no one is able to cancel your account because they don't have a customer service person to do it what a load og crap!!!

So they said they will phone me later to discuss this well whatever i want here from them.

Anyone out their that wants to join Virgin Media don't, its total rubbish. I am going back to BT.

Russell.

• Ci
    cipher Aug 01, 2007

I would love to let the ceo know my full view. However i fear all letters sent would be futile and a waste of time. If he ever read it he would not give a ###, he would sit in his massive office and drive home in his sportscar to his wife and 2.4 children.

• Ha
    Harry Lloyd Aug 02, 2007

About 3 months ago, I requested for the downgrading on my Internet service from 4mb to 2 mb, but when I received my bill, I noticed that I was charged the 4mb's price which is £25.

I rang up the customer service right away 2 months ago to reconfirm, even have spoken to the manager about it. I was told that this matter would be sorted right away, and would have £15 refund, as I would get a £10/month deal for the 2mb internet service.

Sadly, the bill in the following months I've been charged for £25 each month AGAIN! I called up every month to alter this mistake and requested the FULL refund, the Virgin Media is just giving me empty promises.

Yesterday (1st Aug 2007), I rang up again, and the customer service told me that the manager would keep in touch with me today. I have waited for whole day but negative... However I called up again, and spoken to 3 different customer services individual, now they give me a deal which is £10/ month for the next 6 months, and £20 refund.

I am totally disagree with it! As I suppose to get this £10/month 3 months ago, but I was being charged £15 extra for 3 months, this is totally so WRONG!

• Ke
    Kevin Perkins Aug 05, 2007

Joey,

Keep us informed about your situation with Virgin Media, I have similar problems and would be delighted to join you in court to verify their unlawful behavior.

These reptiles remind me of ENRON type businessmen, 'F***ing Crooks' who think they can get away with anything.

Keep us informed!

Best of Luck,

Kevin

Mr Noel Kerr Aug 10, 2007

To whom it may concern,

I telephoned your call centre to day to inform them of the change in my banking details for my direct debit. I told the the female person on the phone my new details which I wanted to be setup so that my Next payment in September 2007 would come out of that new account, because it was to late to stop this months payment coming out of my old account.

This is when I asked the operator would this be ok to do, The operator inform me that it would take 16-18 days for this to be set up and that august payment would come out of the new account along with septembers payment. I asked why I would have to pay two payments in September After she told me it was to late to stop this months payment To My utter surprise and amazement the operator told me to stop using abusive and raciest Language. When I asked what I said that was abusive and racist she could not remember so I asked to speak to her supervisor I was but on hold and the same voice came back on posing as the supervisor, When I said That I knew I was speaking to the same person she changed her story and said that she could not put me through to her supervisor and then hung up. I take great offense at been accused of you improper language since Im in a mixed race marriage and have two beautiful children of mixed race I would not tolerate the use of any racial or bigoted language against my own family I certainly would not use it to any other person If this is how Virgin Media train their staff I think they should review their training manual I was Deeply hurt and severely offended that a complete stranger would use such a underhanded tactic to cover their mistake. I thought Virgin was a company leading the world in its high standards of customer care sadly to day that was not the case.

Noel Kerr

chacho coudet Aug 26, 2007

Just one word to describe Virgin Media:

###!

I'm extremely pissed off with them!

• Sh
    Shanthi Lizie Nazareth Sep 03, 2007

Our telephone Number 01173304902 is out of service for last one week i.e. from 26/08/2007 to till date. We complaint to Virgin Media customer service as on 28/08/2007 & they promised us to visit on 03rd September 2007 to solve the problem. But we waited the whole day today, nobody has to come to solve our telephone problem. As you know, I am pregnant lady completing 39 weeks & i my due date in 8th september 2007. I request them to solve this problem as earliest & they are told us to take one week to solve this problem & till today they didnot attend to our place to repair. Due to this problem, we are dicided to cancel the Virgin Media Service & we are looking for Sky network to fullfil the above problem. We are not going to pay any telephone bill for this month & we are try to cancel all the virgin media services (i.e. T.V., Broadband, Telephone). For your kind information, we are the Telewest company customer for the last 4 years & after they take over by Virgin Media, the customer services going to be worster than before. We are fed-up of their service.

• Ti
    Tina Surrey Sep 11, 2007

I rang virgin media to report my telephone out of order , it was fine in the morning as i had a call at 7.30a.m by 3pm i had nothing, same as last time. After unplugging all lines as instructed by the lady on the end of the phone.... still nothing.... like last time.i have to wait for 2 days until an engineer can call, which is difficult to understand as the last time they fixed it they took 5 seconds to do it! We have 2 epileptics in the family and of course our phones are of great importance but unfortunately that doesn't count. I will be moving back to b.t because they seem to get a bit more organised these days, and i neeeeeed my phone. Does anybody read these complaints.... mr branson maybe. He should have stuck to flying cos he sure isn't doing very well with media!

• Lm
    L Moulson Sep 12, 2007

Well, what can i say? Just shy of 45 mins on a premium line costing me 50p a minute to a 'technical support' team. I 'communicated' rather than 'spoke' with a Mr Vivash (i called him that because he insisted on calling me my christian name, proceeded by Miss, over what i naively thought was a problem which could be resolved quickly - no such luck. After listening to him going through the rudiments of outlining just how much this call was costing etc etc etc and how much they valued me as a person etc etc etc, (thus creating more income for Mr Branson) we eventually got to the crux of my problem.

Sadly this 'minor' issue remains unresolved after the 45 min call duration however, i can happily inform all those people out there that at the point the call was terminated the weather in India is fine and they are about 4.5 hrs ahead of us ! That was certainly worth the £20 i've shelled out for a service i can only describe as woefully poor. In my personal struggle to retain my composure, i attempted a stab at irony with my 'technical support' chap, only to find that even this small pleasure was denied me, as it fell on stony ground and i heard an audible rustle as the tumbleweed passed by him. Why oh why do we have to put up with foreign call centers? And why cant i even find a complaints link on the Virgin Media site. Do they really think they are THAT good...

• Dh
    D Harbottle Sep 17, 2007

Cancelled service in April and gave 30 days notice as per contract.
    This call took over an hour, I was on hold for over an hour whilst being transferred between two incompetents. I only stayed on hold because I knew myphone bill would show this and I thought I would simply claim the cost back later.
    Virgin collected my set top box about 40 days later.
    Virgin continued to send bills for a television, telephone, Internet service all of which had been cancelled, phone number switched to new provider.
    First letter of complaint to Virgin, I was not keen to call again obviously.
    No response to letter but more bills coming.
    Letter saying how Virgin complaints are busy arrives states they would usually resolve in 10 days, over a month since complaint.
    Second letter of complaint, now 3 months from start of problems.
    No response but bills and now threats of court action prompting further action.
    Letter from a personal account manager. Great someone to take charge of Virgins incompetancies and resolve my complaints.
    Email sent to Russell.Smith Virgin Personal Account Manager.
    No response to complaint letters and email to date.
    Letter sent asking for cheif executive details, complaints procedures, ombudsman/authority to which Virgin adhere.
    No response.

Thankfully I have all correspondence documented as I assume that Virgin would be idiotic enough to take this to court.

Nigel Walton-Rudd Oct 07, 2007

I have a phone number for you if you want to complain contact these people and they work to chase virgin engineers until the customer has their problem sorted out.
    0845 650 3131.

Nigel Walton-Rudd Oct 07, 2007

I used my loaf and looked at the addresss on the bottom of one of my bills rang 118 118 and was given the phone number for the customer care centre, when I asked about making a complaint, they gave me this number where a member of staff will give you their surname and even call you back to make sure that your problem has been resolved, me I let them deal with it all as I was very pissed off by then being without my broard band for three weeks, the number is 0845 650 3131 have your account number ready and ask to speak to someone in complaints.
    good luck N.

Nigel Walton-Rudd Oct 07, 2007

yep its stupid ringing 150 or 151 you'll be waiting hours on end without so much as a british person on the other end to deal with your complaint.

try 0845 650 3131 it links to customer complaints centre where you will once again be treated like a human being.

regards N.

• Ri
    Richard Oct 07, 2007

I am extreemely pissed off. Nobody seems to know whats going on with ones account. I spent dozens of hours trying to speak to someone but at the end they say the services are going to be activated in 24 hours but nothing happens after 24 hours not even after weeks. by the way i am gonna cancel my account tomorrow and i am not sure, how long should i wait on the call.

Worst thing is, i have not got any documents to sign the contract. I am not sure, if i can cancel the account but i should try tomorrow.

Richard

Mr R S Bhatla Oct 11, 2007

I keep getting promises which are not fulfilled.

I was just paid £ 60 for the errors. Today i rang about Broadband and are told to pay £ 60 where as the bill is of £ 28.77. Now they have started charging £ 18 without informing me. On on hand they are offering all 3 things for £ 26 and now charging me extra. Now when i want to speak to the Manager i am holding for over 30 minutes. IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL SERVICE

stephen leat Oct 15, 2007

My Bills have been going up and up every month, i have been a blue yonder customer for 3 years' ish and i have always paid 19.95 a month including all my calls and two meg broadband. Ever since virgin took over the bills have risen i complained on lots of occasions and was assured it was all sorted they told me the offer i was on had simply expired and i would be put on a new deal with credit. Sounded great until the next bill, now i have had enough and want to disconnect and guess what... i get a message saying sorry we are experiencing a high demand of calls at the moment please call back and the line goes dead. This is a line dedicated to disconnections!!

Beware!

joanne shiels Oct 19, 2007

I can beat all complaints, moved house in July had services connected or so I thought. Actually moved into property on sept3rd but had no services. I had been sold services costing 56.00 tv, broadband, phone and extra boxes. None of them worked. Paid bill of 55,00 sept 6, still no services. Paid another bill 27th Spt for 94.00 had tv services but still no others Complained at least 3 times and engineer was sent to connect phone but not other services, Finall got phone Oct 2nd. During this period was the famous transition where you could not contact Virgin. Finally got broadband on 8th Oct, but still no boxes working in bedrooms. Complained again and was offered 10.00 discount. On Oct 12th received bank statement stating that Virgin had helped themselves to a staggering 155.00 of my money a day before i paid the 94.00. Called and was promised my account would be credited this Thursday 18th, but guess what no money, called again yesterday was told had to wait another 48hours as they had only just received the complaint. Waited until today and called back, on phone for 2 hours was told that I actually owed them money as since the transition they could not offer me the same services for the money I had been quoted price of new monthly bill 114.00. Finally agreed to credit our account of 94.00 and took all bank details and promised money would go straight back into account but yet again a lie. At the end of my tether called again as was told that there was no way I was going to be credited into my bank and was told to call my bank to get an indemnity so that I could get money back. Bank said that could not be done so finally they have been reported for fraudulently using my bank details. So everyone beware!

• Jt
    jt Nov 03, 2007

My experience,

I signed up on-line for virgin broadband and waited... after two months I realized these guys have no intention of connecting my internet. So I signed up on-line again and still nothing!!! Even though I get an email saying they are dealing with it. So finally I phoned them up and asked what is happening? They said they are unable to trace the order because it is in a different department so I signed up for the third time, but this time over the phone and finally my internet was connected ;)

Anyway... I signed up for a 10.00 pounds a month cable internet service. Here is what I have been charged so far:

28 August 2007 15.00* pounds installation fee.
    06 September 2007 43.71 pounds.(of which 25.00* pounds is installation fee)
    04 October 2007 18.68 pounds.
    02 November 2007 13.00 pounds.

* Note I have been charge the installation fee twice.

So far I have spent over 40.00 pounds on my pay as you go phone to call virgin. That aside my internet was disconnected for 4 days until they fixed it and they offered me 2.50 as the service outage compensation. I have phoned them up multiple times and each time they tell me they have fixed the problems with overcharging me and that I will not have to pay anything for the next few months but every month its the same story all over.

Now I know how Richard Branson became rich. He sets up direct debits to people's bank accounts and steals as much as he pleases. Then as everyone complains on the phone, not only does he make money on the services they "offer" but also on the customer support services. I believe this might be intentional and underhanded way to charge us more through our phone bills. This seems to be good method to finance the customer support department.

The only reason I signed up with Virgin was that so I would have to pay less as I am a poor student, but I have paid much more than I would have with any other internet service provider, plus the internet outage, plus my time and the stress they have given me.

I asked them: "Can I cancel my contract?"
    They said "no"
    I asked them "what if I just cancel my direct debit?"
    They said: "They will send a debt collector around"
    I said: "This is robbery!"

So basically they are robbing me and there is nothing I can do about it :( Either I am really unlucky or Virgin services are really really bad. I have placed my customer account number here as proof. That everything I stated are facts.

Virgin Customer Account number - 604569903.

mark blackburn Nov 10, 2007

I have had similar problems with my so called "on demand" plus one or two of my channels that i am paying for and i don't get it. I am paying about £28 just for the movie channels not to mention the internet and phone line and to notice that a new movie channel has sprouted up and i haven't got it. So i call up and and ask why not as i am paying for the movie to me told that its mark of another package that will cost me another £25 so that was a no no.

My internet is in my wifes bank account and tv n phone in mine. On two diff systems for sum reason the internet is on a diff system only to find that they have been charging both our accounts for the intenet. £18 x 6 months they owe us £108 and its looking doubtful i ever gunna get that money back.

So mister branson no wonder you so rich next time you go for a slap up meal it seems like its on me.

angela Nov 11, 2007

I have tried complaining on phone, email, and am getting no were I went with virgin thinking Richard Branson was a decent guy who was a amazing business man and really cared about his customers. The letters informing us about his problems with sky and keeping us up to date I thought this is a guy we can trust and told all my friends and family to sign up.

NOW I just feel so used and my services are still all over the place. And the tech support team ha ha free 150 when will it end why Richard why we trusted you and believed in you.

nix Nov 12, 2007

I agree virgin is totally ###. If Banston know what was going on with his company he would be totally embarrassed!

Mr Jonathan Parker Nottingham Nov 15, 2007

Hand on heart I have experienced every single complaint that I've read on this page from 'Virgin Media'. I'm not normally an active or impolite sort of chap, but I am constantly lied too by so called customer service people at virgin. I am told absolutely stupid tales i.e. All of my services were disconnected because according to Virgin I had not paid a bill. When I called to inquire what bill? I got them to agree that the bill in question had not even been sent. I suggested 'so why no phone call or letter stating that there was an issue and that my services were liable to be cut off?'. Here is the 'peach' and yes I have it recorded(you have to record everything to protect both your integrity & your sanity with Virgin). I quote verbatim ' We did send you a letter Mr Patker, 4 days ago that stated quite clearly that unless the bill was paid your services would be suspended' I replied I have received no such letter, response 'I know it normally takes 5 days from processing to th customer receiving any letter'. Hold on I said, do you understand what you have just said to me? Yes, & does it make sense to you? No, so why are you telling me this rubbish about a letter posted 4 days ago that gave me three days warning that you know will take five days to get to me? Because that's what I'm told to tell you!! and remember, at this stage they had already accepted that the bill in question had not even been sent to me yet? I asked, do you not feel like a fool imn this conversation? response 'no need to be rude Mr Parker!!'.
    The end result for me is that I am about to loose all my services for a bill that I have not received that has not been paid. I am two years into an open university course on web application development, final exams are coming up, it is impossible for me to continue the course let alone do the finals if I don't have internet services. I am disabled and being house bound reliant on th estate for my keep, which I find embarrassing and a little degrading. Trying to re-train so I can at least get work from home. Because of Virgin Media my life is now in shambles, I do not sleep & I don't mind admitting that for two days I have done nothing but cry as I watch years of hard work simply come to nothing. As a side note, I've not had a working on demand service for 6 weeks, The bill that did arrive has charges on that Virgin also accept that I should not have been charged for & like many & I'm sorry to say this, but it's true. Customer service staff who tend to be based in India simply tell bare faced lies. I have not had this problem when sometimes I get a English customer services person.

I want them to take me to court, I want to find others who have suffered like I have and seek legal advice about brining a 'class' action against Virgin with a view to forcing them to withdraw all of it's services until such a time that as a company they can show that they are capable of running a credible organization. I would also certainly like to seek compensation & damages for what this organization has done to my life.

If there are others who would consider as a group taking Virgin Media to court then please e-mail me (I pause) I won't have an e-mail to use within the next 24 hours!!. Honestly I don't want to live anymore

• Uk
    UK Nov 18, 2007

Could anyone tell me how to sue Virgin Media for their appalling and pathetic telephone service?

• Ge
    Geoff Nov 27, 2007

I very nearly purchased the bargain bundle of Broadband, telephone and FREE TV. And all for £20. Everything would have gone ahead had I not been telephoned by the company to be told that they had not received all of my details correctly. They had managed to get my name and address and telephone number but they claimed to need more info. I suspect that this was just a ruse to get me to change to a higher priced package. Now I realise that I may have chosen the loss leader package but that is what I wanted. The offensive salesman suggested that I might have had problems submitting my order on line so I told him to CANCEL it. He was rather taken aback even when I suggested that a company which is about to provide me with broadband services did look very competent when it couldn't process online orders. After looking at this site and the complaints listed I think I have had a lucky escape. One more thing, why it there no e-mail address given on the site for people to use to complain or cancel their orders?

• Ia
    Ian Williams Dec 04, 2007

Was with Virgin Mediafor 2 years (TV & Phone) had no end of problems, finally lost the plot 2 months ago and went to Sky.
    Its great they turned up when they said, the box works, they bill correctly... Superb! Well done Sky your showing Branson the way. But the curse of Virgin Media has come back to haunt me, paid my last bill by DD then got a horrendous letter from a debt recovery company saying that i have 7 days to pay Virgin or i go to court!

Problem is this bill has been paid, i have had no letter off them saying whats is for. Can't get any sense out of Virgin as being a ex-customer i have no rights. this just reeks of a big company throwing its weight around! FOR ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS TELL VIRGIN WHERE THEY CAN SHOVE THERE MEDIA PACKAGES. AND BE WARNED THE CHARLATANS WONT LET YOU LEAVE WITHOUT THE OBLIGATORY THREAT OF TAKING YOU TO COURT.

• Fr
    Fred Sagen Dec 04, 2007

[email protected]

I have reason to believe (as a result of private conversations) that Virgin Media’s problems are rather more serious and widespread than previously realised.

Apparently, a significant number of their customers (at least in the Plymouth area) are being treated as persistent defaulters despite being blameless of any default or breach of contract.

It would also seem that it is Virgin Media’s strategy in dealing with the problem to maintain a state of denial and keep previously valued customers in a state of perpetual frustration.
    This, I presume, in their mind keeps the ball in the customers’ court, obviating the need to address the nightmare of their own incompetence.
    The one flaw in this strategy is that, by all accounts, the problem started more than twelve weeks ago with failures to notify customers of their impending Direct Debit payments.
    Twelve weeks, you will recall, is the minimum period a dispute with an ISP must be ongoing before a complaint can be made through ISPA (www.ispa.org.uk - the trade association of which Virgin Media is a registered member).
    The chickens are coming home to roost… in flocks!

With only ten days to resolve complaints submitted by this route Virgin Media staff must be feeling like headless chickens themselves and customers with disputes less than twelve weeks old must suffer the delay-and-deny tactics previously alluded to.

How this company hopes to survive the loss of so many disgruntled customers that such tactics generate or attract new customers in the wake of the inevitable adverse publicity that consumer rights activists will justifiably make of this is beyond me.

One would think the prospective damage to the reputations of Sir Richard Branson and the Virgin group of companies ought to be sufficient reason for Virgin Media to ‘come clean’ and desist from treating blameless customers in such a contemptuous manner but there is currently no sign of any will to admit their error.

Angie Stock Dec 05, 2007

Worst mistake we ever made was sign up with them!!

• Ia
    Iain Howie Dec 10, 2007

No picture but sound. Can't send engineer out for 2 working days. And only offered £5 compensation. What a load of sh*t.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices