Verizon Communications Logo

Verizon Communications

Having problems with Verizon Communications?

Verizon Communications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 16, 2006. The latest review cellphone sales joe erickson he lives in PA sold us phones bad sales broken promises was posted on May 23, 2021. The latest complaint half-assed commercial was resolved on Nov 18, 2014. Verizon Communications has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 1044 reviews. Verizon Communications has resolved 476 complaints.

Verizon Communications Customer Service Contacts

1300 I Street, NW, Suite 400 West
Washington, District of Columbia
United States - 20005

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Verizon Communications Customer Service. Initial Verizon Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Verizon Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Verizon Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Verizon Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Verizon Communications Complaints & Reviews

Verizon Viosspeed 1/2 of cable and missrepresented

Verizon promises speeds of up to 5 X faster than cable. This is not true. They only deliver the bandwidth into the house. The speed inthe house is not their problem. This is what I was told after months of trying it. So I cancelled it and got Cablevision back in. Then I got a $200 Cancellation charge! What a rip off. Sorry I tried it! They know it is slower in practive and admit it to you! They have the worst customer service in the world. They will not give you a complaint number. They transfer you all over the place for hours before they will let you speak to the correct department. Then if it is a complain they say someone will call you back in a few days.

Verizon Fiosover billing/ bad contract

Verizon over billed me and I cut my service off with in the correct date, I was issue a free router and I turned that in. Now verizon want to charge me 400.00 for a router that I return if I do not get the UPS receipt and I call and fax the copy but they said they do not have it. This happen a year ago now and they are trying to make my credit bad. I will go to court before I let them have their way. The BBB would not do anything to help me. Verizon is terrible and I will not recommend them to any. They wireless service is worst than their FIOS, they do not treat their customers fair at all.

• Mi
        Mia gray Jun 22, 2010

Someone warned me before I order FIOS. I didn't listen now I'm learning the hard way. They say $99 but every month it end up being $200. are more. I should of stuck with Direct T.V. much cheaper not fair at all the rich get richer and the poor get poorer thanks verizon... After this contract is up Verizon will be loosing a long time customer so long verizon.

Verizon — billing charge

Oct. 25, 2008 I called to cancel the telephone and internet service. I rec'd several statements since...

Verizon Fiosovercharging and invalid early termination fees)

I signed up for Verizon FIOS (Internet, TV, Phone ) which started on Sept 12, 2008 for $79/month with free installation. Called on Oct 10, 2008 to cancel because unhappy with service. Was told that no early term fee would be charged since I called within 30 days. Set end date for 10/18 when Verizon would release my phone # for new provider to start Called on 10/18 to confirm end of service
      Called on 10/20 to confirm end of service and returning 3 boxes and modem on 10/25
      10/25 Returned equipment 3 boxes 1 Modem to Freedhold store and have receipt and confirmed over phone .Received final bill late nov/dec $+ 256 and -$88,
      Called 2 times in dec to get -88 credit applied and paid. No help
      In Jan -88 was being reduced incorrectly $-44
      Called Jan to get issue resolved. Bounced around, was told that they would resolve the problem on their side and set the proper service end date 10/20/08.
      Called in Feb and was waiting for Supervisor call return
      Feb 20 bill had had early term fee which is incorrect. Called Early March and discussed all of above with customer service who said it would be resolve in the next bill. Verizon stop sending bills and sent my account to a collection agency. I have spent hrs on the phone 2 - 3 times a month being bounced from customer service [protected]) to VERIZON FIOS [protected]) to FINANCIAL [protected] . They never resolved or returned my call. They advertise $64.99 and $79 a month and hit you up with installation, activation and prorated fees on your 1st bill. I had service for 1 month and 1 week at $79 a month how does that add up to $256

• Dear Unhappy With Verizon,

You rock, I respect your stamina in dealing with this kind of a company! Your saga is unfortunately very similar and brings me back to my dealing with MCI which slammed me and which is now merged with Verizon. It is also bears a similarity to my recent victimization by this company. Verizon is one of those companies that are checked only by the law, have no compassion for people, and have making money in the short to medium range term as their highest priority to the exclusion of everything else.

Unfortunately, there is so far nothing that can be done "like it ought to be done" to this kind of a company! Instead, Verizon's toll on society has to run its course. However, there in comes the value of the internet, consumers' freedom to write and post their abysmal experiences with these kinds of companies, and eventually Class Action. MCI was chopped off at the knees for what it did to 100's of thousands in the 1990's. And especially the power of these sites.

Here are all the complaints against Verizon on [redacted]
          /URL removed/?q5=verizon&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!

Here is one victimized Verizon consumer who took matters into his own hands:

Verizon — verizon = vindictive, dishonest, and dirty

Verizon Pen 500 Technology Dr Weldon Spring, MO 63304 This company everyone knows as "Verizon" sent a bill...

Verizon Wirelesshorrible equipment/terrible customer service

Verizon wireless has apparently gotten too big for their britches.

"america's most reliable network" is a joke.
        There is nothing "reliable" about them.
        They will not stand behind faulty equipment.
        How can you get to their reliable network if the equipment won't function?

Customer service - good luck

Awful customer service

As soon as my contract is up, I am not going back to verizon

America's most unreliable, disrespectful, uncaring
        Network

Anon Jun 03, 2009

My familly and i have been with Verizon Wireless for 6+ years, and has never encountered a problem with them.
            Guess you just had bad luck.

• Ca
            Cathie May 30, 2009

I called and complained to Verizon that I was getting dropped calls (ironically in front of a Verizon store) which they claim they would reimburse the call which they never did. I have trouble with the quality of sound from my phone in the car (On Star), discovered that the service is from Verizon, that explains that.

"Can you hear me" is something I used to say all the time to the person I was speaking to because of poor quality connection.
            Of all the cellphone companies available, Verizon has the highest fee's and the worst customer service.

I found the service to be so terrible that it was worth paying the penalty rather than be miserable for 2 years.

Verizon Fios NJgross over billing

I signed up for the Verizon Fios bundle in November of 2008 and my first bill was to be $69.00 plus fees and taxes totaling to about $104.00. My first bill was $265. Verizon has overbilled me $30 to $50 on every bill since then and calling them is very difficult as they are only open for calls from 9AM to 5PM when most people are at work. I have called several times and could not get through because it was busy for hours. I have spent over an hour on the phone with them several times with very little results. I know that they are doing the same thing to most of my neighbors also but they just pay the bill because they can’t spend the time to fix Verizon’s problem. I truly believe that this is criminal behavior and that a class action suit would be less than deserving but I would love to join such a suit all the same. I am desperate to find someone who can help to get them to honor my contract. They seem to be doing this to most of their customers now. How long can they continue to do this?
          Sincerely,
          Ken S.
          Email: [protected]@gmail.com

• Dy
              Dylan May 29, 2009

Ken, I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Verizon. To that point, I thought I'd add that there's a new blog called http://www.fixmycellbill.blogspot.com/ that constantly tracks new ways to cut wireless costs and exposes shady billing practices utilized by the cell phone companies. Also, check out the consumer advocacy website where I (admittedly) work, http://www.fixmycellbill.com, that slashes the average cell bill by 22 percent. Through the site, which is powered by a company called Validas, we have currently audited over 26, 000 cell lines and have saved consumers over $5 million off their wireless bills. You can see Validas in the national news media, most recently on Good Morning America at http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/MakeMoney/story?id=7640149&page=1.

Good luck on optimizing your Verizon rates.

Dylan

Verizon Fios Phone — the phone doesn't work after the rain

After all the rain yesterday my home telephone does not work. No dial tone, no nothing. My cell phone number...

Verizon DSLspying and harassment for third parties

I am being harassed by verizon dsl employees.

The verizon managers are in collusion with two of the most prominent universities in philadelphia.in essence, they spy on the personal dsl accounts of university employees and employees of other companies.

Officially: verizon, as a company, will deny this. See their privacy statements. But

The truth is:
            Yes, verizon employees will spy on anyone's dsl account activities for third parties. They do this especially in philadelphia — and they get away with it.

Verizon's "plausible denial" defense makes them impervious to culpability.

Verizon dsl customers: beware.

Loren A. Clay Sep 26, 2009

Well I am being spied on and harssed in a variety of ways and yes I have Verizon DSL, it is the audio frequency harassment that is slanderous that has been the cause of many damages including huan trafficking and homelessness. I am very lucky to have a computer. So they are guilty of higher degree crimes than just spying. No I can't get people to admit officially yet almost 20 years of damaging harassment. Probably for what they would face. Still I am suffering from the damages they ahve imposed today. I have informed the FCC and the F.B.I. the F.T.C and the CIA as well as a U.S. Enbasy, still nothing but a childish harssment is what me and my family are enduring. They have caused irrepairable damages.I am still trying to get them to cease, yes they are insidious. I am harassed in public as well, a very rude aspect of these attackes who have lessend or discarded their values to pester people or steal information. Loren Andrew Clay.

TRG Customer Solutions / Verizon Salesgreat company/great commission

Trg is a great company to work for.. Offers great commission.. The key to success is you have to work... I have worked here a year and I could not go to another company and make the money I make here. But remember you can never make everyone happy.

lollyPOP May 21, 2010

ovex pays better then trg

lollyPOP May 21, 2010

trg do pay handsome money but not as good as some of their competitors are giving. we are living in the third world so if we get like above 50k we are happy but look at the earnings that we make for the company if in US u give that kind of business to the company and they pay u this what here our employers are paying. employee can sue his employer for it

madedad Oct 15, 2009

Hmmmmm that's funny that you say that, TRG employee!
                  You fit right in with the liars and TRG affiliates. I would like to know how people like you and most of the TRG staff sleep at night? It's sure going to be a Merry Christmas for half of my coworkers that they forced out and then the other half waiting who are waiting for their turn to be forced to resign.

• Ha
                  happy employee May 15, 2009

GREAT MONEY!!!

Verizon / Fios - Telephone Combono order confirmation ever

I ordered a combination Fios/Telephone service in March and have not yet received a confirmation of my contract, The length of it, the price etc. Only what I have to pay in case I cancel earlier than the 2 years.
                There is no way of contacting anybody. After being transferred to various divisions, when you ask for a supervisor, you get disconnected. And it takes 1-2 hours on the phone.
                It's like trying to contact the big unknown "Wizzard of Oz".
                If they change their terms I have nothing to protect me, but if I get out sooner, I will be charged $100.- or more.
                Oma

Idearc Media / Verizon Yellow Pagesmisprinted ad

Ever since Idearc Media started printing the Verizon Phone listings the problems started. Idearc misprinted my business phone number. The number they published turned out to be a non-working number. I lost 80% of my business. Idearc offered no apology and little resolution. Their resolution was a 15% compensation of the advertising bill and $250 toward an enhanced add the next year. In the mean time with an 80% drop in revenue in a very competitive business they expect me to pay my annual bill of $25, 000.00.
                  A more productive and professional response would be something like,
                  lets all cut our losses and work on getting both our businesses and reputations back on track. This would be the direction any small business owner would take. No wonder Idearc is in Chapter 11.

• Cr
                      creativegeek1 Dec 08, 2009

I am sorry to inform you that Idearc is the same company as Verizon Information Services & GTE.
                      I speak from experience because I am a former employee and I lived through all of the changing of the guards.
                      The unfortunate thing is that it has gotten worst.
                      If you want to know the truth about it the reason they became Idearc is because Verizon Corp didn't want to be associated with them anymore because of their bad business practices. They couldn't fine a buyer so the kick them out of the family to stand on their own.
                      They are the worst company I ever worked for in my life. They remind me of Enron.
                      Can't wait til they bust hell wide open.

• Id
                      Idearc Jun 02, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: [email protected]

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• At
                      athomp May 20, 2009

I can not comprehend that a business can expect to be compensated for such negligence. Accountability? Have they heard of proofreaders????? What business are they in??? Isn't this what they do????

I have had a similar experience, although not quite as costly. I signed up for superpage advertising via a phone solicitor. Although their own third party verification tape clearly identifies our company name, they listed us as another name.

We started receiving mail to our address with an almost fictitious sounding name. The mail was discarded as junk mail. We did not receive the contract due to the fact that it was also sent to this fictitious sounding name and that it was from Idearc and not superpages as we would have thought. We were months into this advertising before we noticed the problem.

Our business was listed correctly for 1 out of the four months of which I am more than willing to pay for. It seems that it is standard protocol to offer a 25% credit for the misspelling of the name. The billing reps can not seem to think outside the box or they do not have permission to do so and can not connect you with anyone who does. The name was not simply misspelled, it was not even close to our actual business name. I am not and will not pay for their negligence and neither should you.

I think as small business owners, we know what it takes to stay in business...customer service needs to come first or we have no business. Why is this "Big corporation" any different? They have no problem sticking it to the small business owners, yet they are "restructuring" their company by filing Chapter 11 and seeking to renege on legitimate debts incurred by Idearc themselves. It is no wonder that we as a country are in such a sad state of affairs with companies like this behind the wheel.

Verizon Wireless — charged for fees I do not owe

I just got my bill today with a 1.99 data charge. I called and asked what is a data charge and was told it i...

Verizon shady sales

We went to renew our contract and get two new phones for signing the new contract. Instead we were charged 89.99 for each phone and told we were eliglible for 100.00 rebate. We went home to charge our phones (67 miles round trip) only to discover my husbands phone did not charge. We called the store and were told to drive back there. Under protest we drove back and got a very rude woman named Jennifer who told us to wait 15 minutes and she would determine if we would get a new phone to replace the non working one. After 35 minutes she gave my husband a new phone but not the box. I said we need proof of the exchange. She said we do not give you anything but the phone. (Later the corp office told me that they do not give any proof of exchange so you do not lose your rebate) I told them I am not leaving the store until I get some form of proof of the exchange. Someone acting as manger gave me a piece of paper but I am not sure what kind of proof it is. I talked to three different Verizon employees who told me this was a trick to charge us for an additional phone. There is no trail of the exchange, no proof you gave the phone back so they may charge you again. I sent a complaint to the CEO's office to make them aware of us getting a bad phone right after signing a renewal contract, that we were excellent customers for over 10 years with perfect credit and did not deserve to be treated like this. I did get an apology from that office but nothing but the runaound from this store location. In my opinion you need to really use caution at this store location. Why after all of this I called back to the store about what I was told at the CEO's office that my ticket also showed I purchased a travel charger I told them I did not and it better not be on my credit card. I went round and round and demanded to speak to a supervisor. A soft spoken lady came on and after about 20 minutes told me another customer's purchase was on my ticket but not on my credit card. I have not gotten through to my card company as of this writing so I do not know if I was charged. But at any rate how careless beecause the customer has no receipt or has a receipt with our card info. Anyway I would not recommend any one to go to this store location unless they change their staff.

Verizon Fioscontract change

A warning to anyone with Fios or anyone considering Fios - I've gone through a truly annoying round of phone calls about a contract switch Verizon made without my authorization. After about 1 month of being a bundle customer, a rep suggested that for another $10 a month ($or it could have been $15, I don't recall) I could get several more HD channels and that I might want to give it a try. I would receive a discount for the next so many months and she emailed me a link for the explained purpose that I needed to visit the site connected to the link to receive my discount. So I did.

It turns out that what I did was change the start date on the contract to a start date of the day I accepted the new stations. The rep had not told me that what she was doing was giving me a NEW PACKAGE rather than simply adding on stations. Future reps refused to change my contract date back to the original date which was 3 months earlier.

This means I am locked in for another 12 months from the new (later) contract date, which I don't want.

The reps are politely aggressive in general and although I know they have to make a living in sales, they are knowingly misrepresenting their actions.

I am actually considering ending m contract early and paying the termination fees because I absolutely know they were routinely being unethical in their practices.

• Gr
                          GrammyC Sep 25, 2009

Verizon Fios pulled the same stunt on me. I should have been out of contract with Verizon as of 09/20/09. My original FiOS HD package was supposed to have "new channels coming soon". One day I noticed that new channels had been added but that I could not get them. I called Verizon to ask why on 12/04/2008. My service was subsequently upgraded to something called "Extreme" and my contract extended to 12/04/2009. I did not realize that my contract was being extended; I got nowhere arguing the point with Verizon. There is no way I would have agreed to a contract extension . To add insult to injury, the new channels are useless.
                          This is a deceptive, despicable practice and ought to be illegal.
                          Comcast has offered me a great deal, but it is, of course, a limited time offer.
                          Even if I can't get a great deal from another service provider or if Verizon offers me a sweet deal, come December 4 2009 I am cancelling FiOS. Customers do not like to be decieved. Guess they'd rather attract new customers than keep the ones they have happy.

Verizon Wireless — discrimination

I was at the Verizon Wireless Store at Arizona Mills looking for a new phone I waited for a good 20 minute...

Verizon Fioovercharge, false advertisement

I was offered a deal to get FIO inertnet service from Verizon in September 2008 when I tried to cancel my DSL service from them. The guy over the phone told me that there was no activation fee, no contract to sign up. I would only need to pay $42.99/mo and receive $25/mo discount from my local phone bill.

It turned out I had to pay $30 installation fee and there was a year contract.

6 months later, I recieved a message from Verizon, said that giving me $25 dollars each month was an error and no longer available. 2-3 hours phone calls many time to them produced no results. They either transfer you numerous time or hung up on you. It is a nightmare. We should really get together file a lawsuit against them. I have never in my life dealt with any company like this.

Verizon Fiostech support

Within the first month of service there have been continuous problems with Verizon FIOS TV and Internet. On April 27, 2009 the internet went down again. Tech support (by phone - and getting through to a live person is another challenge) decided the router had to be replaced. "We will send it UPS and you will have it in one to two days." Yes, it came in one day but to the billing address in Virginia rather than the service address in Pennsylvania. After another lengthy struggle to talk to a live person in tech support on April 28, and having them repeat back to me the service address in Harrisburg, PA, they assured me that UPS would deliver a router to the correct address "in one to two days." Well, now there are two routers in Virginia and still no service in Pennsylvania!

After struggling unsucessfully to get a live person who could starighten this out, I called the original salesman, John Newman. He gave me another phone number to call - but all it did was put me back into Verizon's horrible voice mail system. I'm ready to switch back to Comcast which seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Verizon Wirelesscancell and billing overcharging

I signed up for Verizon to bundle with Qwest. I assumed they would send one bill and it would be deducted from my bank. I did not receive any bill. I was with them for nearly a month. At 4:30 in the afternoon my cell phone was shut off. I was not at home to use my home phone, so I had to put the amount they said I owed on a credit card, then they said they would charge an extra $15 for that, and also charge me an early disconnect charge. What a rip-off. As soon as I receive my credit card bill, I am going to dispute the charges, also try and have an attorney sue them for stress and harassment and anything else they can find. Such unethical and illegal actions by Verizon should be fined severely and the U.S. Government should have their license revoked.

• Al
                                Alteran Feb 28, 2010

Actually when you enroll onebill with quest its quest that is responsible for sending out your bill you should have contacted them

jamiec Sep 21, 2009

when you signed your contract you agreed to the terms and conditions. it cleary states in your customer agreement all charges you will be responsible for. did you bother to call when you were not recieving a bill. did you think oh they didnt bill me maybe im not getting charged. it is the consumer responibitly to pay their bill. verizon offers several different ways to check you balance and make payments as well. verizon.com and verizonwireless.com are very hepful when you want to keep track of you monthly statements and payments being made. you can also find you customer agreement and read it at anytime at verizonwireless.com

• Tc
                                Tctomthumb69 Apr 30, 2009

CommonSense is correct, I think he works for verizon. You need to read the fine print on ANY contract before you sign it, ignorance of the fact is not a good defense. Oh, and don't wait for your statement do it now, and say the service is not what you expected...

• Co
                                CommonSense Apr 30, 2009

VZW clearly states all terms and conditions on the contract you signed.
                                You did READ it first.. right.. or maybe you were still drunk at the time.

Verizon Wirelessoverbilling

I had Verizon Wireless for several months. They misled me on the coverage times and charges.
                              I called them prior to going for Alcohol treatment for 3 months. They kept charging me and I now have a bill of $635.55 which they say I owe. I cannot get another phone without those charges being paid. They are a totally corrupt and deceitful company and the U.S. Government should shut them down and give them a huge fine for the hell they put us customers through.

• Co
                                  CommonSense Apr 30, 2009

The terms and conditions are clearly stated on the contract you signed. You did READ it right?
                                  Maybe you were just still drunk at the time... but that's no excuse either.