Complaints & Reviews

Verizon Fiosfraudulent credit card charges

I would advise anyone from doing business with Verizon as they will probably try to rip you off by charging bogus charges on your credit card. I had Verizon Fios TV service and then added their Internet service. I had received a monthly bill for both bundled services. Because the Verzion Fios picture quality was so bad and the onscreen menu was very confusing, I decided to cancel just the Fios service and get Dish Network satellite service instead. <br />
<br />
I called to cancel the Fios service only and customer service said that if I just wanted to keep Internet service, they could not bill me monthly for this as they had been doing. They said I would need to give them my credit card info and they would debit my credit card monthly. I gave them my credit card number. Keep in mind that I had paid all my bills on time and had paid the final monthly bill for the Fios service. Two months into having just the Internet service, I looked at my credit card statement and see there is a charge from $189 from Verizon in addition to my monthly Internet charge. <br />
<br />
I called Verizon to ask what this $189 charge is for and they said it was for the Fios TV service. I went back through all my previous statements and verified that I had paid every bill on time, paid the final bill, and owed nothing on the Fios. I told them I had already paid everything on that account in full and asked them what months did this $189 related to. They could not tell me! I have never heard of a company not being able to tell you what months they say you owe for. <br />
<br />
I asked to speak to a manager and I was told I could not; that if I had a dispute with their charges I would have to send a letter to them. They said their policy was that they do not let their customers speak to managers and that have to send a letter.<br />
I was so mad in their refusing to let me speak with a manager. I have never heard of a company not transferring a call to a manager at the customer’s request. I sent in the letter and waited but never heard from anyone. <br />
<br />
I called my credit card company and thankfully was able to reverse the $189 charge. The next thing is I start getting collection notices in the mail for the $189. Verzion had turned over the $189 charge to a collection company and they could even tell me what the $189 charge was for! I will not pay this bogus charge as I am not going to be ripped off by a large company. <br />
<br />
I would advise anyone from doing business with Verzion as they are a bunch of crooks that do fraudulent credit card charges. If this had been an individual that had done this, it would be a crime. Also, the Fios is terrible and I am much happier with Dish Network – picture is much better as is the onscreen menu.

Verizon / Direc Tv — predatory practices & false advertising

On October 9th 2009 we decided purchase the Verizon & Direct TV bundle. We were told by the Verizon agent...

Verizon Wirelessvz access usb modem

8/12/09 - 1:17 PM. I contacted verizon again regarding the slow connection speed for mobile broadband connection (VZ Access Manager). Representative Ed Perez walked me through an online update. Once this update was and installed. I was asked to restart my computer. Once the restart took place my computer could not find the hard drive. I informed Mr. Perez of this and he insisted that this was not verizon’s problem and he did not know how to fix it. Leaving me now with NO COMPUTER and no internet access at all. I insisted he get his supervisor on the phone immediately. Jerreau Latson was his name. Jearreau Latson also insisted that this incident was in anyway related to the verizon download. I argued differently as prior to the DL my computer worked fine. Jerreau Latson informed me that I should contact apple about the problem. Of course, since Verizon cant help me, push the problem elsewhere. After contacting apple I spent 2 hours reinstalling my operating system on my hard drive. Not to mention is costing me 349.00 to expand my service agreement. Once reinstalled. I called Jerreau Latson back to then get the usb working again when he had yet another rep. contact me. Michael. At this time my computer would still not recognize the usb wireless card. He finally agreed to send me a new USB wireless replacement. The replacement was received 2 days later with no installation disk included in the package. Yet another verizon mistake. Once informing Michael about this mistake he stated verizon would send a cd to arrive on Tuesday. 8/18/09. Thus far I’ve spent over 20 hours fixing this mess and an entire week without internet. Did I mention that I’m self-employed and lost over 2 K in addition that week?? Verizon kindly credited me $10.00. This usb instrument has not worked properly in months and now after all of this they still refuse to terminate my contract.
    Damage Resulting
 $349.00 was spent to extend my apple support contract. Over 2 K lost in income. 20 hours of my time complaining and reinstalling my hard drive.. Oh and last months Verizon bill $850.00! Did I mention my cell phone coverage sucks as well and I NEVER go over my mins?

Verizon - Lg Env2poor customer service

Normally, I do not write complaints to be posted to the world… but my recent experiences with Verizon changed all that. This is the best example of poor customer service I have ever seen – and I work as a Communications Manager in an internet company that prides itself on customer service.

I have been a Verizon customer for coming up 13 years (from GTE to Verizon in 2000) – I chose them because they appeared the best option in a small sea of options. I then convinced my friends (because they have this great deal on ‘in calling’) to get it. I even got my X wife to get it!

Ok, I have this phone – the LG enV2

There are a number of Known issues with this model – but I am getting ahead of myself, I did not know this was the issue until my last visit to Verizon…

Including the Charger Port

So, last summer – back in July, I went into Verizon and told them I had charging problems. They solved my ‘problem’ by selling me a NEW home charger. Now this seemed to work – um, ok. I still had to hang the cord over the counter and then it would fully charge.

By October, it was getting so bad that I could charge it for minutes at a time, if just the right pressure was put on the cord and plug.

So I went and visited my local Verizon store here in Poulsbo Washington.

Here is how things went down:

» I met with the same woman that I saw back in July – Stephine Morris.
      » She is polite and tells me this is a known problem
      » Stephanie said there was a memo circulated to her in the company stating this known problem
      » She states that they will replace the phone – and that as a she used to be a tech, she would call Silverdale
      » She asked first if they had the ports there to do the job – no, they don’t have the part
      » She then asked if there was a phone see for me to just pick up – no they ran out
      » She finds out that I need to get it done ‘through corperate’
      » Stephanie gives me an 800 number and sends me on my way!
      I leave Verizon – not entirely happy with my phone that can only get 30 seconds of charge time. I call the 800 number while driving home…

» Hello – I need a new phone
      » Name and last 4 of the social
      » Talk with nice woman about replacement phone
      » Sure I can have one – for $50 because mine is now out of warranty
      » I say ‘known issue and store said they will cover it’
      » She says she can only get me the phone – ok, I need it
      » She then says that she can transfer me to Customer service and they can help with either the charger cost or phone cost (she felt one way or another this was wrong)
      » Phone will be here in two days (yeah!)
      I finished up, then was transferred to customer service…

» James from Washington was to be ‘helping me’
      » Short of saying “Tough Luck” out loud – he stated it was not in warranty and “Too Bad”
      » James, you need to learn something about customer service – Wanker.
      » He verbally stood his ground, ignoring the charger purchase (although he said he could see it)
      » He then told me – I – yes, “I” should have known this was a problem back in July when I bought the charger
      James, I have had cell phones longer than you have been through and out of puberty – every time there has been any kind of ‘charging issue’ it was always the charger plug on the cord – and that was once!

So now, I call Stephanie and she states, “when the phone comes in, we will see if they charged for it and fix it”

Two days later….

The phone arrives

» Well, NO ONE mentioned that I would be getting a bare phone – nothing else with it, no battery, cord – nothing.
      » Even better – NO ONE mentioned that it was a refurbished phone!
      » All with a 90 day warranty
      » See below – I would have purchased a new phone had I known this…
      I took the phone to Verizon – Poulsbo Washington and saw Stephine.

» She saw the charge for the phone and said that “she would take care of it”
      » She then went to transfer all the data into the ‘new’ phone
      » At this point she did note that me port was in such shape that she could not maintain consistent contact long enough
      » Stephanie was generous enough to sell me a mini memory chip!
      » So I then had a memory chip so she could move my data over – thanks
      » She made a copy of the paperwork (costs) that came with the phone.
      » I was told that she would get her outside? Manager to take care of it
      I then went straight to the FedEx box and sent in my old phone 20 minutes later – to be repaired and sold to some other sucker as new. Stephine had given the copies of the papers to the person who would clear this all up, on that same day.

I have since left messages with Stephine – and will swing by the store this weekend. I can still see the charge to me for the phone…

Oct 24 (three weeks later) Update:

I got to talk with Stephine Morris on the 22nd (the women who I statred with). She had given her “IDR” Donale, the copies of the papers where I had been charged. There had been no word, either way, although she would talk with her and get back to me

So Verizon – where did you fall down here?

First – there is an issue – and you folks know it

Second, your staff has to do what they say they do – and that is customer service. I got to BUY a:

» New wall charger
      » Refurbished phone
      » and memory card
      » Near $100 for all that
      All because of a known issue that was not taken care of promptly.

A brand new phone from you is $20!!

New, with a NEW battery and charger is $33 – and it would have cost $10 to swap memory and activate.

The last struggle is that I went in and was looking at a family plan – my partner (who I got onto Verizon 4 years ago) and I want to join the accounts and ad a phone for my 15 year old son. BUT if this is an example of service…

Maybe Walmart has the answer to service (and they are not known for it) – maybe the world is modern airlines without food or personal service now, but I though you folks still say that you are great on your commercials… and website

Verizon, if you want to contact me – you can reach me here – [protected]@earthlink.net

Tags: bad service, complaint, customer service, Donale, issue, issues, known, lg env2, Morris, no, poor, review, Stephine, Stephine Morris, Verizon

• Ca
          cagedcanary May 16, 2010

While the above was submitted in 2009, its still valid. I had much the same problem, except that my phone would restart itself during calls. I make many, many international calls. When the phone restarts itself, that means I have to initiate a call again, which is another 40 cents per call. I had my enV2 replaced six (yes six!) times. Unfortunately, it is a wonderful phone but full of flaws. I had the same experience with verizon however, and at one point they said I didn't ship back one of those replacement phones, and charged me two hundred some odd dollars because of it.

Luckily for me, we came to an agreement, and they credited my account back that money.

...Twice...

I win.

Verizon Wirelessunauthorized usage of my credit card

On three separate occasions in the past six months Verizon Wireless has made unauthorized debits to my MasterCard. This is in clear violation of the subscriber's contract, and Verizon does not dispute this. The debits were large enough to send my bank account into overdraft, and bank penalties now total $500. Verizon has made no meaningful effort to remedy the situation, and my bank, J.P. Morgan Chase, has the audacity to claim that this is not Interstate Wire and Mail Fraud (The wording of the Federal Statute is not ambiguous--this is fraud).

So far I have filed formal complaints with: The FCC; the US Postal Inspector General; IC3, which is a joint Internet fraud entity controlled by the FBI. If I see no remedy on the horizon I will file a small claims court action, naming Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam as the defendant.

Wish me luck. If anyone has had a similar issue with Verizon, please get in touch with me at [protected]@gmail.com

Verizon High Speed Internetworst internet service I have ever experienced!

Verizon Customer Service
          540 Broad Street
          Newark, NJ 07101

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is in response to the poor service I received when I was a Verizon Wireless customer from September [protected]. For the first 8 or so months of service, the internet service was okay. There were some instances in which the internet was not working or extremely slow, but the issue was able to be resolved through a phone call to Technical Support. This 30-45 minute phone call was an inconvenience, but I was glad the issue was able to be resolved nonetheless.

From the period of July 3rd, 2009 to August 24th, 2009, a technician had to come to my home on four separate occasions to fix my internet. This occurred two weeks in a row, on July 3 and July 10th. On the second visit, the technician recommended that the internet speed be lowered from 7.1 Mbps to 3 Mbps. He said that the connectivity issue stemmed from the distance from Verizon’s server and my apartment and that lowering the speed would actually make the internet go faster. I called Verizon to make this change and was offered a lower monthly rate, but I would only get the lower monthly rate IF I signed another 12 month contract. I declined, saying that I had already experienced poor service and did not want to continue this service any longer than I already had to. This lower rate also irritated me, because when I had first signed up for service, the Verizon employee encouraged me to take the higher speed. Basically, Verizon had been profiting from selling me a higher speed at a higher price when I would have had better service if I would have taken the lower speed that presented less of a profit for Verizon. Furthermore, it was in my opinion that I be given this lower rate because my internet was at a lower speed and because of the many problems I have experienced.

My next internet service outage was from July 29 to August 2. I called Verizon Technical Support as soon as I was aware of the problem, but the problem was not fixed until 5 days later. They said that a technician would be sent Thursday afternoon, which I had to take off work to wait for. The technician never came and the issue was not resolved until the following Sunday. This created an extreme inconvenience, as relied on having internet access at my apartment. I did pay Verizon $35 a month to have to drive over to the public library to use the internet for 30 minutes between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.

I also was without internet from August 21 to 24. I called on Friday when I became aware of the issue. They were not able fix the problem over the phone. The Support Technician said that they would be able to send out a technician on Monday. I requested a technician for Saturday, stating that I work full-time and could not take off work. The individual on the phone said that technicians do not work on Saturday. I told that they did indeed work on Saturdays, as one had come to my apartment on a Saturday. She said that one “might” be able to come on Saturday but that she could not guarantee this. I told that I wanted this issue addressed, especially considering that this was the 4th technician that had to come to my apartment in the past 8 weeks. My internet was not fixed until the following Monday.

While I was able to get a small service credit for the time I was without internet, this amount did not compare with the time and inconvenience caused by the lack of internet. Every time a technician had to be called, I had to take off of work. I should not have to take off the greater part of 4 days within 8 weeks because my internet is not working. Furthermore, each time I had to call technical support, the call was at least 45 minutes long (half of this time was spent on hold).

I also did not approve of Verizon’s billing practices. When I initially received the modem, these charges were taken out of my checking account. I did not realize that this automatically authorized Verizon to take the monthly bill out of my account automatically every month. I never signed anything giving Verizon the authority to do so. The first month I had service, I called to request a paper bill. The only bill at that time was an e-mail that I received the day the money was taken out of my account. Even though I requested a paper bill and an e-mail with earlier notice of the billing, I did not receive either. The only paper communication I ever received from Verizon my very last bill stating that my balance was zero.

When I had signed up for internet service, I understood it was a 12 month contract. Ironically, Verizon told me I had to call right before my 12 month service was up to end my service. I also asked for a letter stating that my service with Verizon had ended. She stated that Verizon does not provide paper billing and could only provide me with a confirmation number. Furthermore, when I called to end my service, the woman asked why I was discontinuing my service and tried to discourage me from ending my internet service (even after I explained to her that I had to have a technician come to my apartment four times in eight weeks). This is just another example of Verizon’s aggressive business tactics.

I was very glad once my 12 months of service with Verizon ended. In all of my life I have never experienced such poor internet and customer service. Through my experience I became very aware of Verizon’s prime focus on profit margins and lack of focus on providing quality internet and customer service. I will never again use Verizon internet and will be spreading the message to everyone I know, including the Better Business Bureau and other consumer advocacy groups. I urge you to reconsider the way you treat your customers and the “quality” of service you provide.

Sincerely,

Melissa D.

• Gr
              grammagum Mar 11, 2010

I agree verizon needs to make some changes.It is far too expensive, especially for seniors on social security.Phone and internet both.

Verizon Wirelessfraudulent charges no help from verizon

Verizon Wireless is a bunch of incompetent jerks. I have held a verizon contract account for the past eight years, never had a problem. The last two months verizon wireless has been charging my card for someone else's minutes. Which I may add that as of this month October 2009, has added up to 900.00. I called the number listed on my bank statement and spoke to a verizon idiot, who told me that without a phone number (how would I know this) they cant help me. So then I contacted my bank and had the bank account frozen which everyone knows how convenient that is. I then called Verizon and spoke to a "manager" *(yea, right) who told me there is absolutely no way for them to track the transactions. Which is strange since thats what the "trace" numbers are for. The accounting deptartment can track where the money went but they refuse to help. I have filed a fraud case with both my local police and my bank. I just cant belive how flippant Verizon has been throughout this whole ordeal. As soon as my contract is up I will be finding another company to give my hard earned money too. In the meantime, I have promised Verizon that I will tell everyone about how they treat their "valued customers". I will shout it from mountain tops and if posting this stops just one person from becoming a Verizon customer then I have succeeded!

• Ha
                hazel203spring Dec 09, 2009

I hate Verizon, I have phone internet and cell phones through them I pay them almost $600 a month. Every month for the last 6 months I have had everything shut off because in the beginning they lost my check for $535. To top it off they were rude and said I was a frequant non payer; well this is the first company I have ever had problems with and NEVER had any other service disconnected. To add to the insult when I got the cell phones they said i would have FULL service at my house. Well I have to drive 2 Miles down the road to get one bar. I would not use this company for anything. STAY AWAY

• Ki
                kicn Sep 17, 2010

I received a bunch of fraudulent charges from Verizon to my credit card for a prepaid service that I do not have. Verizon would do nothing for me and said they could not track anything. Don't they track what phone number those prepaid minuets went to? My credit card was able to recoup some of the charges but not all and I had to cancel that card and get a new one as well. I am finished with Verizon.

madmandy Apr 25, 2011

My verizon bill each month is huge and i dont have fancy phones with internet or anything! for me and my husband to have service on a plain jane LG phones we pay 238.00 i think thats crazy! shame on you verizon!

Verizon Fios — install still not complete after a year (multi-dwelling complex)

I am the president of our HOA board, and we have been trying to get Verizon's subcontractors to finish...

Verizon Fios TVchannel menu

Verizon Fios TV could be the best in every category of features if the company had any sense. But it lacks in three crucial areas -- 1) It's on screen channel menu really sucks compared to Dish and Direct TV satellite TV, and 2) It doesn't seem to offer as many HD channels as the satellite services -- I haven't counted the number, but it does seem that way, and others have said the same, and 3) They charge way too much for their HD DVR.

Unless they eliminate these glaring shortcomings, I will switch back to Dish Network for my TV when the year is up. Their Fios Internet service, however, is unmatched.

Verizon Wirelessreception

Verizon wireless sucks!!
                I have a $500 blackberry storm that is almost useless as the only thing I can use it for is the internet!!
                I have 99% of all call incoming & outgoing dropped and it does not matter how many signal bars I have either!!
                I just had 13 outgoing calls dropped and 4 incoming calls dropped and 3-4 signal bars on it!! I called verizon about this and they said that I lived in one of those areas and there was nothing they could do to fix it!!
                I then said they should change their slogan from can you hear me to you cant hear me now, as that should be considered false advertisement as they claim you even get signal driving through a tunnel under ground and still get reception (bs) I live on top of a bluff and cant get reception and within 6 miles from the tower!!
                I had us cellular be fore this and never had a problem with dropped calls!!!

Verizon wireless absolutely sucks!!

Alltel Visa Rebate Cardsuspended account

When I received the rebate cards from Alltel, I tried to use the total amount for some purchases for things and when the card was used once I needed to get the amount left on the card and place that at the cashier with the specific amounts. When I recently tried to get the information the account had been suspended. Warning to all, spend the total amount once you start to use the card or you will not get the full amount back. This is a rip-off since the card had an expiration date of 2010. There are hidden fees after starting to use the card. You will not get any satisfaction from customer service which is in another country.

Verizon scam and rip off

When I received my Verizon bill in April of last year I called the billing department and questioned an amount under ILD Teleservices of 13.22. The rep told me that it was an extra telecommunications fee that had been increased and that there was nothing I could do about it since the Federal Government had increased the rate. So I have been paying this fee all year.

When I received this month's billing (January) my ILD Teleservices increased to $44.41. I called Verizon to inquire about it and was told that they do not charge this this service. It is a service independent of them and I must have approved it. I did not approve of, it to my knowledge. I was given another number to call and kept on hold for well into an hour only to be answered with a 'sorry mam, but we are the third pary who does the billing for this company and you would have to call 866-... to cancel the service. It is for a mobile ansering service.' To my recollection, I do not, and have never needed this type of service. When I called that number I was put on hold for one half hour and gave up. Is this fraud and a scam? Why are Verizon participating in this type of scam by allowing this company to bill customers on their bills?

• Ro
                        Rosemarie Barker Jan 21, 2011

There is absolutely no "Customer Service" with Verizon. ZILCH.

There are eleven line item extra charges listed on every monthly Verizon statements besides the monthly contract fee.

See the following list of the eleven line items listed on a monthly Massachusetts Verizon Wireless Statement besides the contract fee:

1) Property tax recovery;
                        9) Usage Charges;
                        10) Voice;
                        11)Messaging.

Verizon 30 day worry free guarantee

Frustrated w/service w/At&T I decided to break my contract and go w/Verizon. What did I have to loose with their new "30 Day Worry Free Guarantee?" It stated I could break the contract and /or change phones within 30 days. The Manager in Chipley Fl told me to mail in my rebate for the Blackberry Storm to get back $70. I had until a certain date to do that. I did as I was told but a few days before the 30 days was up I decided that this was really too much phone for me and I could settle for a less expensive one. I went in to exchange the phone and was told that because I mailed in the rebate (hadn't recieved it by the way) and cut the UPC code off the box as instructed that the Worry Free Guarantee was VOID because they could n't sell that phone to anyone else w/the UPC code being cut off the box! I told him this is what you told me to do! I even called Verizon cust. service and they restated what he told me. I've had it w/these cell phone companies! I'm seriously thinking of cancelling Verizon and going w/boost moblie whom I heard doesn't require a contract.

• V7
                          v7DusK Mar 04, 2010

Verizon is a big fricken scam. I had a usb aircard for mobile broadband. It didnt perform as i expected in the area i live in so i took it back after a mere 5 days. Now with this 30 day program i figured i wouldnt have any trouble. Which i didnt except when it came to getting my deposit back.
                          They charged me $258.66 for 5 days of use. Now i understand im paying for what i used but at $59.99 a month WTF?!
                          So out of my $400 deposit, i guess they must have been mad at me for cancelling cause i got back a whopping [censored] $144.

So what the hell verizon. ppl be cautious of this money hungry corporation.

Verizon false advertising

I had Verizon FIOS installed on 12/10/2007. I was billed since that date. After nearly three months of phone calls and emails to Verizon service people. It took Verizon Customer service people until February 19th to send me an acknowledgment letter to apply for my free T V. They had "NO PROBLEM " billing during this time for FIOS SERVICE .The Original advertising said 6 to 8 weeks after installation I would have T V.. Is this "FALSE Advertising!!!???? I have copies of the emails for documentation of all this.. They don't seem to care Beware!! If you are considering their offers!! I am still waiting for the delivery of the T V. 04/16/2008.

Verizon Fios — overcharging

I renewed my triple bundle with verizon on july they gave me a price over the phone and i asked for an e mail...

Alltel Wirelessverbal abuse

At approximately around 11:10pm I had called Alltel directory assistance for a 1-800 number that was supposedly to be in Main, the assistance operator had transfered me to another rep.concerning the 1-800. number, and it was a female that had took the call for an apparent malicious attack to verbally destroy a customer/consumer, for no apparent reason. When I asked to be connected to the local Authorities in the area that the 1-800. was from she engaged in THE WRONG VOCABULARY with me. She stated the comments of ...REACH FOR ME.., numerous times and stated she was going to destroy my HOLIDAY, . Another mistake. I stated I was going to record her and stated I did and did. I further called back to get her, the number that I WAS CONNECTED TO to have verification to where she was and just so happens I believe it was her again.

Thats the one I got on tape .No its not there on tape.

• Cu
                              curtis venn Apr 08, 2008

Bought a blackberry world and was told had 30 days to return it if we were not satisfied and told by (ashley Beverage) rep that be sure and get rebate form in right away, we have had there service for several years, but we will contact all the majors, 60 minutes, 20?20 prime time etc for negative publicity.

• Ri
                              Ricky Lace Mar 31, 2009

I PURCHASED A WORLD WIDE BLACK BEERY FOR MY DAUGHTER TO USE IN ENGLAND WHILE AT SCHOOL THERE . I BOUGHT THIS PHONE THROUGH ALLTEL, HAD TO DO ANOTHER CONTRACT SO I WOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY 650.00 FOR THE PHONE, IT WORKED OK UNTIL SHE LEAVES FOR ENGLAND, WHEN SHE ARRIVES THER IN THE MIDDALE OF THE NIGHT NO SERVICE . SHE CALLED ME FROM A PAY PHONE THE NEXT DAY I CALLED ALLTEL AND EXPLAINED TO THEM, THE LADY TOLD ME IT WAS NOT SET UP AND WOULD HAVE TO SEND IT BACK TO THE US TO PROGRAME IT ALSO ALLTEL DID NOT TELL ME IT NEEDED A SIM CARD TO WORKE THERE AFTER 30 DAYS OF SENDING THE PNONE BACK WE GET IT WORKING. THE THE 1ST BILL COMES IN . THE PEOPLE FROM ALLTEL TOLD ME SHE WOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOR ANY CALLS FROM THERE BUT THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED FROM THE US, WELL THAT WAS VERY WRONG, BUT FOR THE FIRST TWO BILLS THEY SAID THEY HAD MADE A MISTAKE AND GAVE ME A CREDIT ON MY BILL THE N YESTERDAY THEY SHUT OFF THE PHONES AGAIN FOR A HIGH BILL I CALLED AND A LADY EXPLAINED THAT THERE WERE ROAMING CHARGES FOR HER USING THE PHONE, NO ONE AT ALLTEL A CLUE ON HOW THERE WORLD WIDE PHONE IS USED OR EVEN BILLED SHE WILL BE HOME IN 2 WEEKS AND I PLAN TO HAVE THE PHONE TURNES OFF

Verizon Wirelessscam charges

On my April, 2009 Verizon One-Bill, I was charged $9.99 for "Premium Test Messaging". Not knowing what this was, I contacted Verizon (a real pain) and was told it was applied by Go Live Mobile, aka SMS Gamer Info. I called Go Live Mobile and they said they would make a refund. Lie -- never saw anything. A credit did appear on the May, 2009 Verizon bill, along with a letter explaining the credit may take up to two billing cycles. But then the June, 2009 bill arrived and the "Premium Test Messaging" charge reappeared. I attempted to contact Go Live Mobile a good dozen times and could never got through, as "all our agents are busy". Upon calling Verizon Wireles after the second incident, I did get them to initiate a block on these scams, so we'll see what happens in the future. The party line is that all phone carriers are subject to these add-ons and cannot do much about it. But this was an inconvenience that should have never happened in the first place. It sounds to me that some legislation is in order.

• Ha
                                Harrier Oct 11, 2009

I am being charge $9.99 on my Verizon Wireless bill under the label "Premium TXT Messaging". When I called Verizon, they told me that the company "SMSgamerinfo.com" is the name of company which they are billing me for under that specific title. I never signed up or approved Verizon to charge me for SMSgamerinfo.com. I first noticed a few months ago a Spam like text message, which I immediately deleted. I am not a gamer... I strive to live a simple life and keep technology to a minimun.

I want to expose to the American public the hidden charges which are being allowed by Verizon Wireless. To me it is Fradulent. I have never signed up or approved for this service.

• Wa
                                Wasp Oct 21, 2009

so...what was the result..did Verizon give you a credit for that amount?

• Em
                                emwolb81 Feb 24, 2010

you dialed one of those late night text numbers and got involved with them... thats not even a verizon wireless charge its some other company... fyi, if you ever see a number on tv that says text to subscribe or text to get this or that... DON"T DO IT, its automatically a 9.99 charge to your bill, like the new company KGB, they charge a similar fee it has nothing to do with VZW.

You can try and try to get a credit from VZW, but its not there charge, its that other company you have to talk to them about it.

• Sc
                                scoutmaster May 31, 2010

This is almost an exact description of my experience. GoLiveMobile has promised multiple times (over almost two years) that they would issue an immediate "no questions asked" refund. But now they just ignore me. I was always under the impression that they were just trying to wear me out until I stopped bugging them.
                                No one could ever explain or document how the charges were approved in the first place.

• Sc
                                scoutmaster Sep 02, 2010

I found satisfaction. After trying many times to contact GoLiveMobile again, and getting nothing but automated responses, I filed a complaint with the FCC. What do you know? Within a month I received a check! And a nice letter from an attorney assuring me that the FCC has no jurisdiction over GoLiveMobile ... apology accepted :-)
                                The check is not large, I think I might just frame it.

Verizon Wirelessprepaid phone

I ordered a prepaid Verizon Wireless phone online but the cover did not work because the metal latch was missing. I tried to return it to get the proper credit but have talked to 8 people so far and no one can help me. I tried to return to a Verizon Wireless store but they wouldn't take it.
                              If you are going to order a prepaid phone do not order online GO TO A VERIZON WIRELESS PHONE STORE!!
                              It seems like a simple thing to get the proper credit for a defective phone but no one on phone support can help me. If you go to an actual store they will be able to help you later.

• Hi
                                  Hilfiger Family 2 Jan 02, 2014

Hi, I was chatting online today with a Verizon Wireless agent VIA their website, Amanda W. (1/1/14) As it stated, she was rude and did not want to help me with order for a prepaid phone. Not to mention, they only have three old 3G phones to choose from. It's 2014 and they are living back in 2009. The other agent Joshua VIA their chat online service was rude and ended the chat. Verizon doesn't care how to treat their customers.

• Wg
                                  wgil Dec 08, 2014

I am a Verizon prepaid user for almost 5 years. It's a great solution for me as I use mobile service very infrequently. However, I like to donate unused dollars to charity by text message. Verizon has shut down this capability as of 2013 for prepaid users only. It is upsetting to me that a company like Verizon would discourage charitable giving with unfair policy for prepaid users.

Verizon Cust Svcverizon has my phone reported as stolen

I had to wait until the 2 Yr contract was up before cancelling and switching over to ATT. Three months later, I go and sell my old Verizon phone on Craig's list and the buyer calls back a few hours later saying Verizon has reported the phone as stolen and won't turn on her service.

I call Verizon and they say the phone was reported as stolen... guess when it was reported stolen?? The last day of my 2yr contract!! Hmmm, quite a coincidence. The cust svc rep says that because the account has been closed, she cannot take my phone off the stolen list. The account would have to be reopened to do that!

It looks like someone at Verizon listed my phone as lost or stolen the last day of my 2yr contract effectively keeping me from selling my old phone. I'm going to try a supervisor tomorrow. I told the rep that the only one that could or should have reported the phone as stolen would be me, the owner, and that it has never been stolen and I am trying to sell it to a Verizon customer... who wishes to have the phone/service turned on. The rep kept repeating she couldn't remove the stolen staus without reactivating my old account.

Do you see the picture developing here? BEWARE of Verizon customer service!!! I heard horror stories and now they are happening to me. Speak up people, don't take any crap any more from any one!

• Jb
                                    jb12345 Dec 08, 2009

If you call Verizon back have the rep contact Technical Support, they will be able to take it off the lost/stolen list. If you suspended your service before it was disconnected, the rep may have done the suspend under lost/stolen to save you $15, but didn't even realize the phone would be useless at that point. You will not need to reconnect service to take phone off of "deny" list.

Alltel.combad customer service

Made a payment arrangement for alltel to take a payment for oct 3rd and the card they had on file was wrong as we had changed our card so i was turned over to their financial dept. to give them my new card number and low and behold did everything even verified the date and got a confirmation number from the customer service rep.then went to do my bank book and what happened they took they payment today when there is not enough in the account to even cover the payment.i called them to make their mistake known and told that it would take up to 15 days for them to investigate and maybe i would get my money and the overdraft fees back if it was their fault, then was told to call my bank and get it stopped through them but my bank said it was made with a debit card so could not be stopped i never authorized the payment just the arrangements for the third so this should be reveresed but i'm getting the run around and in the mean time i do not have any money in my account to buy groceries or have money for my bus fare to get to work until fridays payday when is when they were supoose to take the payment..