Complaints & Reviews

Verizon Wirelessrip off

I purchased a cell phone in August 2007at the Verizon store located in BJ's Warehouse in East Setauket, New York. The vendor/sales representative (J. Velez) took the battery out of the new cell phone and replaced it with another battery. That battery wouldn't keep its charges for no longer than 4 hours without using the cell phone. If the cellphone is used, the battery would only last at the most 2 hours. I returned to the store in September 07 and dealt with the same vendor who originally sold me the phone. I explained the problem and asked him to replace the battery since it is frustrating to have to charge the new phone's battery every day. He took the phone from me, opened it and replaced the battery with another phone's battery. I asked him if he'd instill a new battery in the phone. He replied yes. A few days later, I began to experience the same problem. This time, I followed his instructions and went to the main Verizon store located in Lake Grove, NY. The customer representative checked the phone. He looked in his computer for the sales date of the phone and then told me that he couldn't help me because the battery in the phone is 2 years old, past the warranty. I was ripped by the sales rep. and felt cheated. He was dishonest and unethical.

Verizon Fioscommercials

A few days ago, I noticed that Verizon FIOS has started inserting extra commercials and preempting the beginning of the next programming segment by a noticeable amount. I have noticed this on Fox News Channel, but I don't know if it's true for other channels, too. This is very annoying, to come back to a segment "already in progress." Being the Verizon monolith that they are, I don't know how to voice this complaint (they don't make that every easy, do they?) nor do I feel that anyone at Verizon would really care ... pitty.

• Ss
        ssosmcin Feb 08, 2009

I specifically subscribed to Verizon FIOS because they carried channels my local cable company did not. However, they insist on putting their commercials on top of the opening credits of these shows. The credits would start and then BAM - FIOS commercial. Christ, WE ALREADY HAVE THE SERVICE!!!

Stop running commercials OVER THE PROGRAMMING!!!

Verizon Wirelessunauthorized charges

Verizon charged us over $100 in roaming charges while we were vacationing in Alaska (we thought we were still in the US). Our phones never gave us any indication that we were in "international waters" (Alaska coast) or that we were outside the home network, and we never imagined we were being billed $2.50 a minute for the incoming phone calls/voice mails that we never even answered. We would have shut our phones off completely had we known that Verizon can randomly charge "roaming" rates at any time without warning by claiming that we are "out of the Verizon home area" even if our phones indicate that we are still within the home network. I couldn't believe this when I heard it, so I looked it up in their contract fine print, and there it is. Even when the phone indicates you are not roaming, you might be roaming off the Verizon network, and be billed at obscene rates without knowing it. We had filed a claim against Verizon's (what we thought were) unauthorized international roaming charges with the FCC, which achieved absolutely nothing, since Verizon came back at the FCC with the fine print in the contract. During the two months when the dispute was before the FCC, Verizon gave us less than a week from the time they sent us a bill in the mail for the "roaming charges" before they suspended our phone service for "nonpayment". We had spent less than two months with the new carrier, and quickly returned to T-mobile (we'd been with them 4 years, and switched to Verizon because of supposedly better networks, but we kept dropping calls with Verizon when we hadn't before with T-mobile). Verizon then chose to add over $500 in various early termination fees and the like to our bill, and they decided to make daily harassing phone calls to our home after 9pm threatening to take us to collection over the bill, while they knew the matter was still under review by the FCC. We just paid the full bill to avoid further harassment and collection action. Overall, a disgusting experience with a self-inflated, inhuman, and abusive organization.

• Ki
          kipster Feb 14, 2010

I went to public school, but iam pretty sure Alaska is part of the USA..

• Al
          Alteran Feb 28, 2010

the reason they were getting charged those rates is probably because they were on a cruise ship which the rates are 2.49 a min

Verizon Wirelessthieves

I was trialing several different cellphone companies, because I was planning on switching to one I liked better than my current provider. I will never, ever recommend verizon wireless to anyone. I trialed their service for 4 days, they sent me a bill for almost $300! They told me I had 700 minutes to use, but when I cancelled my trial period because of poor signal in my area, they took away the minutes I was told I had to use, and left me with 100 minutes, and charged the rest as overage. Be forewarned... Stay away from verizon wireless. Nowhere in their contract, or terms of service, does it state they can do this. It's absurd for them to tell someone they have a certain amount of minutes to use, let that person use them, then take them away and charge major overage charges. This should be illegal. How are you susposed to trial a cellphone service, if you have no idea how long to talk, or how many minutes you have? According to them, this is the case, you just gotta guess. I will never pay the bill, I will let my credit score drop a few points over this. I do not owe them anything but $35 for data usage. Just stay away from this company!! I learned from experience, they are thieves!!

• Mn
            mnwildfan2k Dec 25, 2009

Oh really??? You tried the service for 4 days, and the bill was over $300? Heres a free math lesson for you... 700 min/22 week days = 31 min per day / 2 (as the 700 plan is a family share) = 15min per day per phone... Now for your bill to be at $300 heres what had to have happened...
            $300
            -$60 (act fees)
            $240
            -$69.99 (1 full months plan)
            $170
            -$16.31 (longest prorate @ 7 days)
            $153.69 (assumed "overage" of said plan)
            /.45 (per min overage)
            341 would be my "estimated" overage for your 4 days of use...

Now... say you have "100" prorated min as stated above. That would mean that you used approx. 440 min in 4 days between 2 phones, hand in hand with your "poor coverage" in your area. (Sure as hell looks like it works just fine to me!!!)

Now lets expand this a bit. Your 440 min in 4 days / by 2 phones is 55 min per day. Now look here... > 55 min per day x 2 = 110... times 22 week days =2420!!! Less your 700 min plan = 1720!!! times .45 per min overasge = $774 JUST IN OVERAGE!!! Add your "plan" of 700 min @ $69.99/mo = $843.99 plus est taxes = $953.71...

I could have explained this to you in less than 5 min with a printed bill. Its really not that complicated. Taking 2 min to talk, and I stress "TALK" to someone without pitching an attitude, throwing out cancellation threats, the BBB, whatever it may be could have solved your :problem: honestly in less than 5 min.

You evidently are the "consumer" that wants to consume everything without having to pay for it, and presumably do not have any clue what you were getting into the first place... Maybe a little advice from a representative that does these things for a living is a good idea. Personally, the 700 plan should be wiped off the map completely. RARELY does anyone come under 700 min with even just 2 phones...

Now quit pissing about it on the internet and find yourself the RIGHT PLAN FOR YOUR NEEDS, IF THAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO BEGIN WITH, I WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO WASTE MY TIME DRAWING THIS OUT FOR YOU. Have a happy holiday!!! :-)

• Em
            emwolb81 Feb 24, 2010

lol that rocks...

• Yo
            youngboi85 May 28, 2010

In regards to the snotty little VZW employee, let's take a look at what they really do. They do not disconnect your service when you request that it be disconnected. This was in fact stated by Cheryl, from VZW so that they can hit you with any other charges that come through, they simply suspend your service. When they say that you only pay for the service that you use, this is in fact false. They will continue to bill you until the cycle is complete. Here is how you break it down accurately:

Depending on when you start your plan, you take your total minutes, say 700, and divide that by 30, and then again, by 2. On average, that is about 11 minutes per day. At what you had stated, it sounds as if you started your plan about 10 days before their mass billing cycle, which would in fact give you a pro-rated amount of minutes, totalling 100 minutes. However, since it is a worry-free guarantee, they have the ability to add minutes to your plan as "overage" minutes to subsidize this. Also, if they want to get technical, you can take the amount of the actual service, say 79.99, and divide that by 30. This will give you an amount of 2.66 per day. At 4 days, this would total $10.67. Since they are to credit activation fees, and as a normal common courtesy, would do the overage minutes to give you a little extra time to try the phone out, your bill should have been no more then $50.00.

Once again, VZW vultures strike again. Isn't it nice knowing that you have to put up with sub-standard equipment and horrible customer service if you stay with them for 2 years?

Verizon Communications Inc.customer service at its worst

Customer service at its poorest, paid for a phone line for 6 months that had no dial tone. Called them to say that we had no dial tone for them to come out and fix it. When they showed up they dialed the phone number they were coming to fix and, obviously, got no answer so they LEFT! the records showed that we were not home, after i had taken the day off from work to sit at home and wait for them! THEN they come a week later to fix it again, get a dial tone, leave and an hour later, no dial tone again, like they had flipped a switch and turned off my line! complete ###s these people are. they have a manual that they follow with no common sense!

• Ag
              Aglade Oct 19, 2011

I have a public box in my front yard and when Verizon shows up to do the work they need to do I never get notified even with a knock on the door and there is always a mess after they get done. when I try to call Verizon to lodge a complaint I get put on permahold. I just would like courtesy of an answer to why this keeps happening. This is the 4th time and I'm very upset and frustrated. Right now I have been on hold with Verizon for over 15 minutes.

Verizon Fios — customer service

Ordering Verizon FIOS has been the biggest mistake. I've wasted hours of my life on hold with customer...

Verizon Wirelesstermination declined

I bought a new laptop and signed up with verizon wireless internet service in sept of 2008. unfortunelly my laptop and internet card was stolen in dec, 2008. I made a police report and reported it to verizon wireless with a police report. accordinding to verizon wireless I signed a two year contract with them so they validity decline to terminate contract, instead verizon validity suspened the contract and countinued to validity bill customer due to not properly terminating the contract although verizon validity acknowledge there were a discussion but adamantly said they are correct in justifing for the two year contract which I've heard so much times from verizon wireless. After making so much complaint's towards BBB and the state attorney general the problem has been unsatisfactorty at this point and unresolved. I also went on line at justanswer.com and talk to an attorney for a fee. I was told my best bet is to sue for the remainder of the two year contract. But when I sued for the remainder of contract, verizon counter with a in-advance payments. I only paid $60.07 monthly until I tried to terminate. In dec.2008 I was chagered additional $10.00 fee with internet serve fee of $60.07 monthly. I never paid late but somehow verizon wireless has the right to suspened my contract without any notice to paying customer. I tried my complaint to all places. I am upset with verizon wireless I came comming to a point theres nothing I can do. I hope theres people looking at this message and dont signed up with verizon wireless. I think verizon wireless is a turncoat of a bussiness.

• Ki
                kipster Feb 14, 2010

i apologize for what you are going through, but I don’t see where the company has gone wrong. you sign a contract with them. You had a certain amount of day to cancel, and if you did cancel you had to return the equipment. you passed you trail period, and you lost your equipment. You cannot expect Verizon to take a lost on your poor decisions

Verizon Wirelessrude and slow

I got collection calls from ER Solutions regarding a Verizon Wireless bill. Verizon said I signed a 2 year contract and had an early termination fee. Totally ridiculous, but that's not the point. I spoke with a rep from ER Solutions that told me that I avoided paying bills and "am a person that makes consumers look bad"...I said are you serious, this bill is completely wrong! He continued to be little me, I finally got annoyed and hung up. Worst of all though, I sent in a letter explaining my situation. Of course, now they don't want to talk with me and say my complaint is in a long line. At first they called me everyday, since i sent a letter... they wont get back to me. Horrible company, I am actually considering going after them legally even though I will lose money in the end. I can't stand this company or its representatives!!! I never complain about anything, but this company is ridiculous!

• Bo
                  B on Buisness Nov 25, 2009

Welcome to Gotcha Capitalism. They make more money on these fees and penalties then they do on normal charges. The key to phone contacts is buy your phone yourself and dont get caught in the contract pit. Good luck and watch your credit report they are killers and the cost of a low score on your credit card intrest may be more than the cancelation fees.

Verizon Wirelessprepaid service balance not transferred from alltel

On 7/2/2009 I activated a non-contract, personally owned, cell phone with Alltel's prepaid service with total charges of $140.00 with the assurance that when Alltel and Verizon merged that my balance would transfer and that the $100 payment(the other $40 was an activation fee) for future minutes included in that amount would not expire for one year.

Upon transfer of the account to Verizon no balance was transferred by Alltel, despite less than 20 minutes of time being used, according to Verizon. Alltel states that a balance was transferred and that they can no longer access my records as Verizon is now the sole holder of the account.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon tonight. Initially speaking with "Brandon" in the Verizon prepaid call center, who could not resolve and who offered no further assistance I requested to be transferred to a supervisor. After some time I finally spoke with a supervisor, "Porsche, " in the Verizon prepaid Georgia call center in an attempt to resolve. She could not resolve my issue and told me "this is not a 'known issue, ' told me there was nothing anyone could do and promptly hung up on me! Needless to say she was quite rude.

So I am out $140, with no prepaid phone service despite making payment in good faith.

Verizon — third party billing

Every few months Verizon adds on 'other providers' to the business phone bill; needless to say...

Nantucket

Verizon Wirelessfraudulent account

On 11/16/09 I received a confirmation letter from Verizon Wireless confirming that I had opened a mobile account with them. I immediately called customer service as I had opened no such account. I was told that Verizon had closed the account on 11/11/09 due to fraud. Five (5) phone numbers were associated with the account and 5 blackberry storm phones had been ordered. The representative also told me that it had been opened using my name, address and social security number. For any additional information I would need to speak with their fraud department. Several phone calls later I have yet to speak with a frauds department representative as they are always "experiencing unusual call volume". I have been placed on hold on 6 different occassions only to be disconnected after 20 minutes! One one occassion I was able to leave a voice message and was assured someone would call back, but I've yet to hear from anyone. What makes matters worse is that I intend to file a police reeport and cannot get any information from Verizon on how this fraud was perputrated! Review of my credit report at all three credit agencies revealed no credit inquiries from Verizon. Are they just giving away phones to theives? This attitude just increases the liklihood that identity theft will occur. As I do have a Verizon landline, I have to wonder whether this fraud and identity theft was committed by Verizon employees. I'm canceling my landline, have reported them to the FTC and NYS Attorney General. How can we protect ourselves from identity theft and fraud when companies like Verizon Wireless won't assist the victims?

• Jb
                      jbmcc Jan 24, 2010

Even if you have an account with them it's no better:
                      Check your account, check your account daily!!! Someone hacked our daughter's Verizon wireless account while we were were out of town and had 2 phones sent to a foreclosed house 1, 000 miles away from our home/billing address, which added over $500 to her bill. She tried to get information over the phone, but got the runaround. We went to a Verizon Wireless store where they asked for her ID 3 times then told us they could not give her the address where 'her' phones were sent. Our son called a buddy at ATT Wireless, who just laughed and said they HAD to give us the address. (we had gone to ATT from Verizon Wireless months ago due to poor customer service, my daughter is waiting for her plan to run out). They made these fraudulant changes to her account over the phone, but initially refused to change back with her there in person. The phones were sent to 3536 218TH ST, MATTESON, IL [protected] with an email address of [protected]@gmail.com. Watch Out!

• Su
                      sunshinepeacelove Jan 31, 2010

I had the same thing happen on my account in Dec. Same email address and same mailing address. I made a police report I will add this to my police report. It's identity theft and the person who did this to me had information ONLY Verizon would have, so it's an inside thing. I called Verizon and told them THEY better do something about it and I expect a call from thier fraude dept next week on who this perso is and how they are handeling it. It has been making me crazy because I am going through a divorice and I thought it was my ex spying on me, now I know it's much worse than that.

• Bo
                      bombshaker Feb 01, 2010

I stole someones identity. yes i am guilty. I have since paid verizon, went to court, tried and convicted. I am so sorry for what I did. Problem. This is still on her credit report an I would like to know how can I help her get it off no matter what the cost . She is in credit history helllll. Please someone help

Verizon Wirelesslost phone

Verizon lost the phone that I returned to them, they charged my account 434.59 refused to take the charges off and now they are threatening to shut off my phone???

• Ji
                        JimW63 Nov 29, 2009

they lost my phone also, $525

• Ji
                        JimW63 Nov 29, 2009

Verizon has lost my faulty phone that I returned. They send me a bill 2 months after I return it. I disposed approximately 30 after send the phone back and tracking it to make sure Verizon received my phone. I tried to have Fed-ex track it, but the local Fed-Ex site can only track for the past 30 days. The gentlemen that help me said they have several people a month complaining the Verizon lost their phone also.

Verizon Fios — billing, customer service, and installation!

Before I even Signed Up for (approx. 3 months prior) FiOS I had gone on the Verizon website and put a package...

Verizon Wirelessdishonest overcharging for 10 years.

Canceling after 10 years of service since 18. I'm about to cancel as well, my plan is a "grandfathered plan" ($30 a month for 300 minutes) and they have been falsley overcharging me for years. These conglomorate phone companies are the worst, they are the rich that ruin the country with scams.

I heard reported from many people that at&t slips in extra pennys, dimes, and nickles on your bill that you don't notice and if you do call and tell them they immediatly remove it and say 'goodbye thanks'. Pennies under our noses is a million extra to them. When I was in the army phone cards are all we have to call back home and they're outrageously priced and when you get one and use it you are charged your precious minutes for making calls or even breathing over the phone... It's rediculous, anyone there knows. It's dishonest and creepy, [censored]ing our soldiers over so clownishly.

Verizon is no different. For years in and out fo contracts I have always paid full and on time at their stores in-person. My bill isn't ever just $30, it's 37-40. It fluctuates wildly with new and old # charges all the time. Something to look for on your 10 page bills if you print them: notice how all the major charges on your bill are rounded out to even numbers... I eyed this for years. The first few times you present this with evidence in their stores they will waive or adjust your bill but it's good for 1 time normally.

They were claiming I was using the internet on my phone when I didn't know anything about the option or let alone use it; said I was being charged for 3 uses. I had internent and apps and even the fluctuating costs of texting disabled inside the store (Always do from person-to-person). Everything, even texting was disabled, all I could do is call people and get voicemail.

Lastly, I never use my phone, I never have conversations unless it's short and work-related, that's it. I have had many $70-50 bills from my average 35 every few months dotted in. If you present it to them and back them into corners in arguments and show facts and want to know "who is at this address that I am being charged for I did not call" they shrug, shrug shrug shrug everytime. They also take your highest amount of minutes on your bill and use it against you... Ok if I have 300 minutes in 1 month, and I made about 7 calls and recievd 5 averaging 5 minutes or less, and then 1 call that lasted 30-40 minutes how does that pass 300+ worth $58 isntead of my normal unsurpassed 300... They can never explain that either, just throw your 1 30 minute call in the month in your face.

So many people in the past were requesting their bills they stopped printing them in office and said "go here online to this page and you can view and print" which never worked either, always broken links and # like that. Typical abuse of accumulated power, their customer service over the years has gone way down, they have such a huge network and growing company that they don't care at all about lesser customers they just tell "bye".

I hope to god my cancelation after 10 years goes smooth I want away from this crap, being a long term, responsible and honest customer means nothing to them and I am the proof; my opinion is that verizon are dishonest skunks.

• Si
                          Sick of being screwed over Jan 26, 2010

For future issues with cell companies, call customer service and ask for the fraud department. It does help as the lady that worked in our fraud department kicked ###. If you ever have an issue with charges being charged that you did not do, call. Worked in a local company that resold airtime. First of all, make sure that you are not in an auto-renewal contract. If you do not cancel within 30 days after your initial contract expires, you could be committed into another 2 year contract. Fine print that I detested at the company I worked for. The plan you sign up for will NEVER reflect the price they quote. You have ### every federal, state, 911 and any other charge they can invoke. If you go into an office and request a bill, a csr will print it. I had to when I was a csr. Talk to the head csr (customer service rep) or head salesman at the office you go to. If they don't help, the are not doing their job. On another note, in the remote database, they will actually take a weekend a month and compare your rate plan with current rate plans. If you are in a plan and they have a better plan, they will change it without telling you. Gotta love ###

• Gr
                          gracey490 Oct 04, 2010

I have been with us cellular for a year and a half and every month they have a $3 or $6 dollar easy edge charge added to one of the phones on our plan on our phone bill. The first few months we paid it assuming we had done something to cause those charges. I contaced us cellular and asked them to block easy edge on all the phones on our account so we wouldnt do anything to cause those charges. But each month there is still either 3 or 6 dollar extra charge on the bill saying we have used easy edge. I contact them each month and they clame it is a computer glitch and remove the charges but I believe they are doing the same thing verizon was because I talked to a few other friends that have accounts with them and they have experienced the same problem. I would like someone to investigate them also because I believe more companys are doing the same thing verizon did

• TreatMeFairly Oct 07, 2010

This example from Verizon is the reason my wife Lynn and I just published our new book Negotiate Anything! Secrets to Make Companies Treat You Fairly.

Negotiate Anything! is the culmination of a 30 year study of customer service. It has two audiences. For consumers, it presents secrets to make companies treat them fairly. For businesses, it teaches them how to pull ahead of the competition by providing excellent customer service. It offers a concise and proven method for consumers to use to start getting their money's worth from companies when things go wrong. It also lets you know the tricks some companies use to bamboozle you and keep you from getting the good service you deserve. The authors show how they have saved well over $30, 000 themselves. They are so confident of their method, they provide a written 100% money back guarantee for consumers if they follow the process and don't save at least two times the cost of the book in the first year alone. It can be found on P261. For businesses, Negotiate Anything! presents the 12 Success Criteria for creating, implementing and tracking a highly differentiated level of customer service designed to drive the top and bottom line. Business owners and leaders will learn how they torture customers and drive them into their competitors' hands. The causes of deteriorating customer service are reviewed and a clear and pragmatic plan is presented that can be implemented by any size business or organization. Through the example of their own start-up business, The CareGiver Partnership, we learn how a company that cares about its customers is winning with impeccable, personalized service such as answering all calls by the third ring, by a knowledgeable person - in the U.S. This has resulted in over 90% of customers rating them a 9 or 10 on a 10 point scale. As a result of this service, their margins are 2 to 3 times greater than the big box stores.

I am Tom Wilson, former global Sector President at Kimberly-Clark Corporation, and his wife, Lynn, who has more than a decade of front-line customer service experience, are co-founders of The CareGiver Partnership. They have collaborated to share 30 years of customer service learning, to benefit consumers and business leaders alike. A single incident in 1977 sparked their passion for studying customer service. They began keeping notes they had with companies of all sizes - restaurants, home repair, auto manufacturers, furniture stores, cell phone providers, health care providers and even non-profit organizations. Over a 30+ year period, they maintained detailed notes of interactions including correspondence to and from companies. We studied the root causes leading to poor and unacceptable service. From this extensive research, we created a new company, The CareGiver Partnership, a national direct to consumer retailer of home health care products and supplies. All their key learning went into providing a new type of service they coined "Personalized Attention - 1950's style".

Alltel / Verizon Wirelessover billing

I had Alltel wireless for 6 years. Everytime I went to their stores I was asking about my bill which was usually $250.00 up to $500.00 per month. I always paid on time. My last months bill was $260.00. When I approached a Verizon associate about it here in San Antonio he began to inform me of all the added things like "game stop, international calling, wizard and other things all which cost $9.95 per month and was added to my account. I informed him I never ordered those items (my base plan with text, internet ect was $139.00) we began to review my account but he was not interested since he had other customers to sell to so he dumped me off to some other nerd. In the end I paid my last hugh bill, I dropped their service, bought me an IPHONE with AT&T got a plan better than Verizon for $129.00 a month oh yea, AT&T had rollover minutes something Verizon won't offer.

For those of you 80million who are on VERIZON I would PAY close attention to that bill and do not go green you need that paper bill if you have a dispute.

Good Luck

• Fo
                            forests Jan 30, 2010

Look on google searches of class action lawsuits against Verizon. They are bullying people for all the wireless services including internet broadband USB hook-up. I guess more of us should file with the District Attorney, or, one post said call Verizon. Try to resolve. If not, say small claims court is in order, because fraudulant charges are criminal. What other ideas do you customers have?

Verizon Wirelessmanger extended contract

Verizon Wireless is really good for releasing phones with faulty software to the public. I've had Verizon for just under two years and have had the LG Venus (defective and slow reacting touch screen), the LG EnV2 (The screen went out twice, the keyboard went out twice, and my "OK" button on the external keyboard would not work), and now I currently have the LG EnV3.
                          After serious complaints to Verizon Customer Service, I finally told the supervisor that "I am not getting another EnV2 since they clearly don't work, I am not using my upgrade nor am I paying for a cell phone when chances are that this one will mess up too. I told him I was on the way to the closest Verizon store and I needed a new working phone, that day." I was harsh with my tone but I did not curse or yell.
                          When I arrived to the store, I told the lady who helped me what I just explained and she went back talked to the manager, and came back out with my EnV3. I never talked to the manager and all the associate told me was if I wanted to exchange it for another phone I would need to bring it back within 35 days and there would be a restocking fee. I said thank you, I signed the receipt that had a $0.00 total at the bottom and left.
                          The other day I was on MyVerizon, and found that I am no longer for an upgrade and that they extended my contract for another two years. The manger did this without telling but had the associate put it into the computer and she did not tell me either. The other thing is, I am the primary line on the account, but the account is not in my name so technically I do not have authorization to do this.

Basically, Verizon extended the contract for two years without telling the account holder. The only way to reverse this is to do an early termination or argue with the manager until they correct the situation.

Verizon may have wonderful cell phone service but as far as the actually cell phones and in-store customer service goes... it's terrible.

• Rh
                              R_H Dec 19, 2009

Verizon Wireless in only concerned with thier bottom line. Verizon wireless has the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

• Lo
                              Loretta Gisler Jan 12, 2010

I have not receive the rebate of $100.00 as of yet - I would like to know when I can expect it.

Verizon Wirelesscollection calls from verizon

I am a new verizon customer, I just got my bill from them less than a week ago and for the past week I've had continual phone calls from an unlisted number that begin at 8 am and go past 8 pm. I finally answered the phone and found it was Verizon wireless wanting to take my debit card over the phone to pay my bill. I told him I would pay the bill when I paid the other bills and wasn't about to worry about a bill that just arrived. I was told if I wouldn't pay him tonight that the "collection calls" would continue. I will be discontinuing my verizon service as soon as possible... beyond rediculous!

• My
                                myfraudulentcompany.com Aug 30, 2011

I was 6 days late and they harassed me everyday on my cell with these recording pay to continue service calls until I paid it and claimed the reason I got the calls was because I was more than 30 days late that never happened! So now I will take my business elsewhere you loose verizon wireless not me!

• Br
                                Brenda Gooch Nov 15, 2014

I too received harassing phone calls from Verizon Wireless. The last representative told me I owed over $500 and she was cutting off my service. No where do I see that I owe that amount. I have 2 phones, one is an older iPhone and the other is a Note 3. I only use the Note 3 and the iPhone has not been used for almost a year or more, yet Verizon charges me $181.00 for the iPhone and shows $0 usage. Each time a Verizon Rep calls me, it is another amount they are looking for. I have unlimited data and I never use my Note 3 for phone calls. I am paying as much as a apartment rental for my services. I am going into the Verizon store and I am going to change carriers. I actually thing they owe me money! They also need to educate their call representatives and who are they to cut some ones service when the customer has been a loyal customer. There is way too much completion out there that Verizon has to worry about. Actually, I think I am past my 2 year contract on my iPhone. I am sure this will not be a fun visit tomorrow.

• Ds
                                DSgamby Nov 15, 2014

Brenda Gooch: Until your contract is up. You have to pay the monthly fees no matter if you use it or not. You have to cancel your iPhone contract when the contract is almost over. You can't let it sit. Once the contract is over, you pay your monthly fee but now it is month by month.

disbelief9000: I believe what is happened to you is a scam.

myfraudulentcompany.com: You were late. However, I do agree they should have wait a couple days before calling. However you should have paid it the first time they called.

• Mn
                                MNBREECH Feb 11, 2015

Listen Verizon Wireless has NO right calling and harassing it's customers 5 to 6 times a day for a late bill, especially after they have been told to stop the calls. I for one will Not take it anymore. My bill is getting paid every month at the same time and I have been a customer for over 14 years. Let me out of my contract and I will go away ! simple as that. After receiving 5 calls from them today before Noon, I contacted Lupover Law firm in NJ .877.235.1414. This law firm is great as I used them before. I urge everyone being harassed by Verizon Wireless to CALL them ASAP.

Melanie B
                                Ocean View, DE

Verizon Wirelesswill not close fraudulent account

About three to four weeks ago I received a bill for an account opened under my name and social I did not authorize. Several times I contacted the fraud department for Verizon. When called, an automated message along the lines of "Due to technical difficulties there are extended hold periods. We recommend you leave a voice mail with your name, account number, social, and contact number and we will contact you as soon as possible" was heard. Several times I called and several times I left a message. I then contacted the company president and left a complaint with the BBB. A few days afterward, an exec contacted me about the fraud. I told him what was happening and said he would start the investigation on the account. A week later I received a letter from Verizon as well as a call stating that the account was indeed found fraudulent and the account and charges will be wiped. Now it is two weeks later and I received another bill for the same account I was assured will be closed. I contacted the president again as well as updated my BBB complaint. I also called customer service again who, once again, transferred me to the fraud department and once again had to leave another message which I'm sure I will receive no call back for. The charges on the original bill were all connection fees, adding lines, etc. Now the bill they sent me, while a smaller amount, is trying to charge early termination fees. Apparently there are idiots even at the corporate level.

• Kr
                                  krispix318 Nov 10, 2009

Have you tried going to a Verizon Wireless store? I find that calling them gets me nowhere but talking face-to-face with someone typically helps.

Verizon Wirelessunauthorized contract

I am attempting to find our how a new contract could have been initiated in my name on [protected] without my approval even though it clearly states on my account the NO ONE but myself can authorize any change that would require a new or extended contract.

Clearly, a Verizon associate in one of their stores either failed to read account notes, ignored them, or falsified the information.

Oddly, the page for “Contact us by email” for verizon will not load.

• Si
                                    Sick of being screwed over Jan 26, 2010

Does it state in your computerized account or on the paper contract that you signed? Not all info is stored in the remote data base from paper contracts. If a rep pulls your info in the computer and it isn't in your account then they have no way of knowing. Only people working in the file room or in the Customer service department can view the actual hard copy files. Files are stored in the main office. I would call the office where you signed up for service and ask to speak to the manager or the head salesman. They may be able to help and fix.
                                    Was a CSR at a cell phone company ... Complain until its fixed. Contact us by email will most likely get you the run around if and when it loads. Face to face is your best option.

Verizon Fiosdishonest billing

My friends bought Verizon FIOS bundle service for $99/mo. They did not know that they have to expect the agreement by e-mail and sign it within 30 days. Their English is not very good and they asked me to call Verizon after the first bill for $278 and the 2nd $249.

The are not fluent with the computer and don't read e-mail every day. So when I called Verizon, they told me that the bill around $100 more than should be but not in their policy to refund, even though it's their fault that these couple, their customer did not understand that they did not registered for the bundle, my friends thought if they received FIOS phone, TV and Internet - they received the bundle for 99 dollars. My friends asked me to call today and I understood that rippof is one of the way Verizon making their profit.

• Du
                                      Dustang84 Feb 10, 2010

Shame on Verizon

• So
                                      sonk Sep 07, 2011

My friends bought Verizon FIOS bundle service for $99/mo.

The did not know that they have to expect the agreement by e-mail and sign it within 30 days. Their English is not very good and they asked me to call Verizon after the first bill for $278 and the 2nd $249.