USAAfrozen account

USAA from my account and locked me out of my online access on 7/28/09 and nobody tells me why? On 7/30/09 after calling for serval times they tell me because I had supicious activity on my checking account. I moved over 100k and then withdrew it and the deposit only 40k, to my brokage account. Made 3 trades and then when I am getting ready to sell my stocks my account is frozen. They stated I need ID for me and my wife. Faxed them on 7/28/09 was told it would take 24 to 48 hours to verify this and my account would be open. Well after 48 hours my accounts was locked, and then I was told I would be assingned to a fraud investigator within 5 business days. I work at a job that requires much attention and have 40k frozen makes me parorniod. Nobody can tell me anything execpt to wait and somebody will contact you.

• USAA Dec 02, 2009

This is Jeff and I'm part of USAA's social media team. I'm so sorry to hear about the inconvenience with your account. I realize this is from several months ago, but if we can do anything to help at this point, please send your member number and the phone number where you'd like to be reached to [email protected]
    Thank you.

John 433 Jul 02, 2015

The same thing just happened with me and Discover Bank...Not worth the extra interest to go through all of this...Stick to a brink and mortar bank where you can actually go in and see someone.