US Bank / US Bancorp — branch manager condescending, said they could not help. it was their fault they didn’t know the rules.
My daughter sold a car and went and deposited a check for $4000 in the bank. The bank cleared the check the next day, so she disbursed the money. It turned out to be a scam and the funds for the check were withdrawn. She is now stuck with a $4000 debt. She went to the bank to deposit $2000 back into the account. She was told she couldn't do that. The account was closed because of fraud. When her husbands first paycheck was automatically deposited from a new job, the bank deposited it. When they went to talk to the branch manager about it, she treated them like they were scum. Like they had tried to scam the bank. She told them that they should have known that the account was only starting to be closed, it hadn't closed yet so they took the automatic deposit. It has left their family with no money to live on for another month. Which they had already waited for a month for their first paycheck. She gave them no compassion, she could have at least said she was sorry this happened. She Talked very condescending to them and said it was their fault. Most banks would try to work with a customer. Not a good reputation for a bank in a small community. I will tell this story to anyone that will listen. Never will I bank with this branch of US bank.
Updated by Lauraok · Aug 05, 2018
Well the funds were in her account available the next day. According to the bank, it is up to the discretion of the teller whether to release the funds. It was a classic car and the buyer was out of state, it was a certified check.
More US Bank / US Bancorp Complaints & Reviews
- U.S. Bank Car Leasing - I will never lease a car from u.s. bank again 
- US Bank - closing of the checking account 
- Green Dot Corporation Aka Columbus Bank And Trust - unlawful holding of funds ($3000) 
- US Bank - vehicle lease-end charges 
- Us Bank/regent Collection - od fees/old balance 
- US Bank - unethical behaviour
- US Bank - wrong overdrafts and unknown accounts 
- Relia Card W/ Us Bank Logo - missing money/bad customer service
- US Bank - creative questional overdraft charges 
- US Bank - impolite customer reps/harassing calls