UPSdriver working with luxury watch ebay theft ring

After listing a $17, 000 18k Gold watch on Ebay I was contacted by a person interested in purchasing. He offered $16, 500 and offered to pay $250 shipping because I had to fly from Seattle to Las Vegas to get the watch. The members ID had either been stolen or sold to the thief by Ebay and showed almost 200+ Feedbacks. The buyer (emailing through Ebay) agreed to pay using only US Postal Money Orders as I would not accept any other form of payment. After calling a UPS outlet in Las Vegas, I was assured that UPS could specify US Postal Money Orders as ONLY form of payment. The UPS agent showed me my receipt, stating COD=$16, 750 GUARANTEED, assuring me that I had paid $329.90, and that insured that I would receive either a UPS check for $16, 750 or my Gold watch back if he failed to provide US Postal Money Orders. I shipped overnight so was able to track my package and noted it had been received. I received a call from the thief, telling me the watch was great, he had given me a Positive Feedback, could I give him one. With no idea anything could go wrong I gave the feedback. I then received 2-calls, one from a buyer that had mailed the same buyer a $20, 000 Rolex and another, asking if everything had gone OK because the same buyer wanted his Rolex Daytona ($10, 000) using COD. UPS told me a check would be mailed to my address. 13-days later I called the UPS outlet and they told me I would have to come in and get the check. The check was in a plain envelope (no UPS logo), but I had no reason to believe I had been deceived. My check was a worthless computer generated Cashier's Check, with no number, watermarks, etc. I later found out the UPS delivery driver gave a thief, standing in the snow (he did not live at the shipping address), $56, 000 worth of Rolex/Breitling watches. I believe the driver was in on the scam. UPS will pay nothing, I lost.

Chocaholic Jul 04, 2010

That's why I'm super cautious about selling, trading, or buying anything on Ebay.