Having problems with United Airlines?

131 777 (Australia)
1800 900 5000 (Mexico)
800 162 323 (Brazil)
+1 800 864 8331 (USA and Canada)
+44 845 607 6760 (United Kingdom)
+32 22 008 868 (Belgium)
+45 70 126 233 (Denmark)
+358 80 096 070 (Finland)
+31 203 469 381 (Netherlands)
+351 214 159 102 (Portugal)
+41 224 177 280 (Switzerland)
+852 28 104 888 (Hong Kong)
+65 68 733 533 (Singapore)
+82 27 510 300 (South Korea)
+27 114 631 147 (South Africa)
+966 920 002 185 (Saudi Arabia)
+54 115 198 1441 (Argentina)
233 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, Illinois
Mailing Address
PO Box 06649, Chicago, IL 60606-0649

Offices

• 1450 Ala Moana Boulevard, Suite 2230, Honolulu, HI 96814
  • 8th Ave & 31st Street, Ticket Lobby, New York, NY 10001
Russia
Prechistenka Street 40/2, Building 1, Entrance 3, Office 32, 5th Floor, Moscow, 119034

Turkey
Mete Caddesi No: 18/1 Taksim, Istanbul 34437

South Africa
23 Eaton Avenue, Bryanston, Johannesburg 2191, South Africa

Saudi Arabia
Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo, Airline Centre, P.O. Box 1878, Al Khobar - 31952, Saudi Arabia

India
2nd Floor, Tower C, Cyber Greens, DLF Phase 3, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana

Argentina
798 Santa Fe Avenue , A1059ABO Buenos Aires, Argentina

Complaints & Reviews

will not refund mistaken fee

On Aug. 25, I was traveling from O'Hare and checked in at a kiosk, at which the printer was broken, so I...

Rude, impolite

I was traveling to Dayton via Chicago, where I had to change the flight. As the flight 843, was delayed due to the technical difficulty, it reach 45 min after the scheduled arrival time at Chicago.

The ground staff member Mr. CDEAVAN at chicago was so rude, impolite and misguiding me that the flight has take off and that he will provide the hotel accommodation. It looked to me that he was forcing me to take the hotel coupons as he might get some commission per passenger. When I requested him to at least guide me in direction to the terminal for the connecting flight he threaten me that he will put me in the next day evening flight. As I was traveling with my 4 years kid, I was desperate to travel in the same flight as the status of the flight was showing as boarding. And before I could say anything he change me flight to next day morning.

After departure status was showing that the connecting flight is still boarding, I manage some how running thru the terminal with my 4 years kid with the stroller to catch the flight on dot.

I would not recommend anyone to travel with United flight after my horrible experience.

jeff Oct 16, 2008

I used United Airlines to book a ticket from New York to San Francisco. The ticket agent had informed me that there would be $75 in taxes and fees. I agreed to that. They sent me an e-mail receipt to confirm the $75 in taxes and fees.

When I returned to New York, I checked my mail and checked my credit card statement. United Airlines charged me $75 in taxes and fees and then they charged me $75 again. They charged me for the same thing TWICE!

So I spoke to customer service at United Airlines 4 or 5 times. Each customer service representative said that they had committed a mistake and each customer service representative transfered me to another line, which was a dead line. Basically there was a robot answering the phone going on about nonsense and finally saying “Blah blah blah blah, press 1, blah blah blah press 2”. None of these options were remotely related at all to my situation.

Each time I spoke to United Airlines customer service, the people said “I’m sorry sir, we made a mistake. We’ll transfer you to so and so and you can ask for a refund” and each time they sent me to a dead line with a robot answering system. Each time they threatened to transfer me to a dead phone line I specifically told them not to transfer me to a robotic answering system and that I wanted to speak to a human being to resolve this issue. They kept saying “sorry sir, we don’t handle this, I have to transfer you to so and so department” and each time they transferred me to a dead line with a generic robotic answering machine!

Also, this is not meant to be offensive, but for some reason all the customer service representatives spoke poor English and at times I had to ask them to repeat what they were saying or had to repeat what I was saying.

Finally I spoke to the dispute resolution department at my credit card company. The lady at my credit card company sounded very sincere and was very helpful. She looked at my statement and saw that United Airlines charged me $75 TWICE. So she called United Airlines, and 20 minutes later got through to someone (a human being, not a robot) who supposedly is the manager in charge.

The lady from my credit card dispute department stayed on the line and the United Airlines manager (who spoke poor English) started having a conversation with me not related to the dispute I was arguing. I got straight to the point to ask him why he charged $75 TWICE.

He said “Hmmm….Well…..(Non comprehensible language)….let me pull up your record” and after a while he said that $75 is charged in taxes and fees. I KNOW THAT, BUT WHY DID THEY CHARGE ME $75 in taxes and fees TWICE!

Basically the guy had me on the phone forever just to tell me what I already know. I know I’m supposed to be charged $75 in taxes and fees, BUT WHY DID THEY CHARGE ME TWICE?????
    I told him that “I ALREADY KNOW THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO BE CHARGED $75, BUT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION, WHY DID YOU CHARGE ME $75 TWICE?” to which he replied in some non comprehensible nonsense. The conversation basically went on like this for a while. Finally he said “Hold on sir, let me take a look at this”. Then he finally said “Well, we charged you $75 in taxes and fees, and then we charged you $75 as a cancellation fee”…….WHEN DID I CANCEL A TICKET? WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?

The first 4 or 5 United Airlines customer service representatives I spoke to said that they had made a mistake. But when I spoke to this manager, because the agent from the dispute department at my credit card company was on the phone line with me, suddenly the United Airlines manager frauduantly claimed that I had canceled an airline ticket.

When I informed him that I had never canceled an airline ticket and didn’t know where these accusations where coming from, guess what he did? He said “Hold on sir, let me transfer you to so and so” and put me on hold forever.

My credit card dispute department agent told me that she couldn’t wait anymore and that they would send me a letter of dispute.

I am awaiting this letter of dispute from my credit card company. I hope I win this. Furthermore, I hope no one ever has to go through this. BOYCOTT UNITED AIRLINES.

Bad service

It is interesting to note that United Airlines has dropped the slogan, "Fly the Friendly Skies of United." Either United knows that they cannot keep tdhis promise (of "friendly skies") or they simply do not care. I believe it is the latter.

Throughout the 80's and early part of the 90's, I was spending a lot of time on planes flying for work. While it was difficult spending time away from my three pre-school children and my wife, it was some consolation to know that at least I was racking up frequent flyer miles. United had built my loyalty with the promise that if I flew with them I would some day be able to treat my family to a nice vacation after years on the road.

I did my part. I flew almost exclusively on United Airlines. This was before the days of "expiring miles." Later, my miles were broken out separately on my statement as "non-expiring" miles.

Now my kids are in their teens, and I wanted to take them on the trip I had EARNED by trusting United Airlines (i.e., that if I did my part by spending thousands of dollars with them they would provide the trips promised me). You must be able to imagine my surprise when I called to find out my balance. Instead of the 165, 000+ miles, I was told that I only had 5, 000 miles in my account. I was stunned and assumed that there must be a mistake. I was later to find that the mistake was in ever trusting United Airlines.

United made the decision that they would, in fact, expire the "non-expiring" miles. Since I hadn't traveled over the past few years they would wipe away all of these miles. I do want to point out that American, Delta, and Alaska airlines had similar classifications of miles, i.e., those that expired and those that didn't. I had much lower balances on these other airlines, since I had used United for most of my travels. This is important to bring up because (unlike United) American, Delta, and Alaska air kept my "non-expiring" miles intact.

I made frequent calls to both Mileage Plus and United. Each pointed the finger at each other. The response that I got was consistent. They needed me to fly with them over the past few years and since I didn't they didn't consider me to be a loyal customer. I pointed out that I wasn't flying with anyone during that period. Apparently, they expected me to rush out and buy a ticket that I didn't need just to keep their airline afloat.

United has made it very clear that they do not intent to live up to their promise of giving me ticket rewards for my loyalty in the 80's and 90's. I feel as though my bank account was wiped out by a criminal. The bank account was my mileage account, and you know who the criminals are.

Read the complaints of others, regarding United Airlines. Don't let this happen to you. Make a conscious choice not to end up like me. I urge you to trust your flying dollars to airlines with integrity, such as American, Delta, and Alaskan Airlines.

You will undoubtedly see many complaints that United Mileage Plus members find it impossible to use their miles (i.e., planes don't have seats available for rewards travel). I find it interesting that I had little trouble getting reward travel on American Airlines to and from Miami for a cruise that I have planned. United believes airline travel is a commodity. I disagree, and I appreciate the service provided by other customer-focused airlines.

Jen Aug 27, 2008

I am in almost same situation as you and have all my mileage nullified. I even point out to United that they have a statement in stated that “Mileage Plus miles don’t expire if you earn or redeem any amount of miles at least once every 36 months” and yet they are not endorse it. I believe they are many other quiet un-satisfy United customers. Any collection action can be done against United?

Unfinished work

Got a cupon to clean the air lines from the airconditioner, turn out according to the tech. that we had...

Delayed flight caused missed connection and hotel expense

My confirmation code was CYBCZQ. I was to fly from St. Louis to Houston Texas and on to Anchorage Alaska on June 19. Due to bad weather in Houston, we had to land in College Station, Texas.

Flight CO2345 Stl to Houston
to catch flight CO407 from Houston to Anchorage.

Due to the delay my connecting flight was missed. Continental put me on the next available flight... the next morning leaving from Houston to Seattle and finally to Anchorage. Not only did I have to stay in a hotel the 19th, but I also lost a day of travel / vacation in Alaska. I was placed on flight CO 167Y departing from gate c-31 SEAT 14F and departed Houston @7:55 AM.

While making the reservations, I had purchased Access America flight insurance from the Continental web site. When I submitted my flight delay claim, I was told that I needed to obtain written verification by Continental that the flight was delayed and for what reason.

I called Continental and after two 40 minute waits, I finally obtained a website that I was to apply for this letter. The website given to me was a bogus one. So here I am stuck without reimbursement for covered expenses incurred due to Continental flight delays.

I am very disgusted with Continental Airlines and its flight insurance company "Access America".

• Ne
    Nechama Berl Jun 12, 2008

1.Ticket counter employee & manager issued documents with improper ID information. When presented with ID on driver's license issued boarding passes & tickets with wrong names.
    2. Faulty financial transactions. Didn't issue proper refunds...
    3. Callousness & insensitivity to injured passenger.

• In
    international traveler Jul 23, 2009

I don't normally fly Continental. We booked 4 rewards tickets on Delta mileages and Continental (their partner) was the only airline that has 4 seats available. That should have explain everything (no one really choose to fly with Continental)
    Our flight was delayed and got in our destination past midnight. My two toddlers had been really patient waiting in new york airport for 6 hours for a 3 hours flight. Everything was closed when we arrived. No hotel shuttle; no car service. We were told to spend a night at the airport if we are not willing to pay for our Taxi ride. Do they really care about our safety? How can we sleep at the airport with two toddlers? If I do fall asleep at the gate and my children went missing, who is going to be responsible? I might even get arrest for child neglect. We paid for a $30 taxi ride to a near by hotel so we can go back to the airport to pick up the rental car in the morning. They first told me it was a weather problem and later change their story to traffic control. Either way, they said "Continental simply do not care." They have no obligation. Making a long story short, they did something to our originally booking and split my reservation with my two toddlers. We suppose to get a free check-bag with Continental credit card holder. All passenger travel under one reservation should each get a free check-in luggage. It's no longer true after they "split" our reservation. I spent almost an hour at the counter to straighten this out. I know if I paid, I would have a very hard time to claim it back. It was really for the principal. They probably do that on purpose, so they have a way to collect more money from passenger. I question them about the split. They said it has to do with the outbound delays. The conclusion was : They said they were glad the issue was resolved at the airport (on my expense). They didn't care the time that I spent. It's such an insult. My family and I will never fly Continental again. They were on the news recently posting their lost and claim that they have decreased number of passengers. They still don't learn their lesson to be more humane and keep telling their passengers that they are glad about problem was resolved on passengers expense.

No compensation for abuse suffered at airline center

Have already written a complaint a/b Continental's service. Just adding on - that when I submitted a written letter to Barbara Adams your Customer Complaint Manager a/f all the inconveniences & insensitivities that I experienced she had the audacity to mention that we will be sure to provide better care when we service you again. Where is the compensation for people's hard earned money? Where is the consideration to a human being's rights & privileges? This seems to have been flown out the window in Continental Airlines! I was appalled at the staff's treatment that day of my flight!! Furthermore, why would I want to patronize & promote an airlines that disregards its passengers? We know you're out there to make a buck, but at least have the decency to conceal this with some politeness in your human relationships.
I was waiting to receive some compensation in some shape or form from your complaint center, a voucher, reimbursement of money spent for purchase of new ticket which we discussed was dealt w/ horrific security issues, instead of an empty letter filled w/ nonsense!

anthony mcmorris Mar 26, 2009

the pathetic level of service i received from continental airlines rivals that of greyhound bus service!!! it was an absolute nightmare!!!

• In
    international traveler Jul 23, 2009

I feel the same way about Continental. They got us into Houston past mid night (my car service was closed and hotel shuttle is no longer in service). I was with two children 4 and 6 years old. They agent told me they won't offer ANY help. We were welcome to spend a night at the airport or pay for a taxi (on my expense). After I filed a complaint with the airline, they gave me a few paragraphs of nonsense. They blame it all on the weather. As for Cathy Pacific, they gave us dinner, hotel and breakfast in April, 09 when they had to land in Toronto instead of New York due to bad weather. Continental should learn to be more humane and stop telling their passengers "They are glad the issue was resolved (on your expense)" Other airlines do go out of their way to take care their passengers (not that they were obligated to)

Incompetent baggage handling and customer service

My luggage was lost from San Francisco to Dulles Airport. I arrived in Washington D.C. in the afternoon for an evening event and morning meeting. Well, I missed my evening event and my morning speaking engagement on Capitol Hill. At midnight I was told that my bag was found and would be delivered between 1am-6am. At 7am, I was told by United that I (not United) needed to follow up with ABC Delivery. After several attempts at ABC, I finally get someone that says they didn't pick up bags from United until 7am and they need a 4 hour window for delivery. Because United baggage handlers scanned my luggage, but didn't put it on the belt, and customer services lax attitude in getting it delivered to me, I will now miss my 9am presentation. Due to the airlines incompetence my reputation is tainted and business trip to D. C. is a bust.

Fequent flyer program

My wife and I went to China in August 2007. I got my frequent flyer miles, my wife didn't.
I saved the little stubs of my boarding passes, as proof, my wife didn't or lost it. We flew from LAX to San Francisco with UAL and from San Frisco to Beijing with China Airlines an affliate/partner of UAL and back to LAX.
I sent my request for my mileage with the little stubs and that of my wife, with out the stubs. What I did include was the very last, hard cover, of the booklet that was part of the stack of individual tickets for each leg of the trip.
That wasn't good enough, I don't know why? Her name was on it the date and time etc.

Terrible service!

In 1983 I was flying alone from Oregon to San Diego. I had to change planes in San Francisco. I boarded the plane and settled in for the last leg home. Everyone had gotten on the plane. A flight attendant approached me and asked me to come with her. I did. I asked her 'What's this all about?' She said nothing, but continued escorting me to the front of the plane. When we got there, she pointed towards the gantry-way and said, 'there please.' I exited the plane, turned around and saw another person head past me into the plane. I asked the flight attendant, 'What's this all about?' She smiled and closed the door in my face.

I had no answers and only questions. I headed to the ticket counter and got no explanation either. Finally I asked, 'Did you guys overbook the flight?' The ticket agent just smiled and said, 'I can get you on another flight in 8 hours. It's not already booked.' I was a juvenile at the time (16 yrs old). I asked if that was all they were going to do for me and the ticket agent said nothing. But she did hand me an updated ticket.

I was so ticked off. All they had to do was tell me they had made a mistake by overbooking the flight. But they wouldn't. The booted a juvenile too.

I swore that I'd never give United Airlines a penny of my money as long as I lived. I have kept my promise. I am now a General Manager of a multi million dollar store. I travel each year... sometimes twice. Has United seen a penny of my money? Nope.

You United Airlines people ought to learn something from this.

Jerry Trevino Sep 18, 2013

from Ontario Calif. to San Francisco was suppose to go to Washington DC but their was a ground stop in San Francisco so I ask them about my flight so They send me to Chicago when I arrive they said they don't make stops at GSP SC so they said they would send me to Charlotte NC before we left Captain was late and at Chicago they change gate from H3 to H2 so when I went they said I had missed the flight and I was there so they send me to Philadelphia and then after their was a 1 hour delay and then to GSP SC and all this was at American Airlines because of Untied Airlines could not get me home from 8:00 pm Sunday night to Monday night almost lost my job and no sleep for 2 days

Scam!

When my father passed away, I needed a bereavement flight. I had to deal with customer service in India that had no compassion. They put me on flights that would take over 12 hours of flying (3 normally) and return me on a day that did not work. I finally took some flight times and told them I had a $200 credit voucher good forever. United could not find it in there system. Then they found it but only partially. They would not honor my credit. This is hours later. I then told them to use my 67,000+ miles and just book me a flight. I figured I would get the times I needed and use the 25,000 miles.
Because it was immediate, they would have to charge me 50,000 miles.

At this time, I had hardly had any sleep as my father passed away early that morning. I told them to just do it. Guess what, my miles just expired and if I paid full price, they would reinstate my miles for future use. So United STOLE my miles and my $200 credit. I finally booked a flight on Jet Blue for less money. It was one of the best flights I had. Now they want to charge extra for baggage and they are at the bottom of reported customer service. What goes around comes around.

As far as I am concerned United Airlines can go to h%*l. They rightfully deserve it. Nobody will take responsibility after repeated calls and letters. I dare United to rebut these facts!

jeff Oct 16, 2008

• Da
    Daffydill Feb 16, 2010

United sent me a coupon for 10% off my next flight. I priced a ticket with and without applying this coupon. The ticket priced with the coupon applied was raised 9.52% So the coupon was actually for .48%. That's POINT 48. Less than half a percent. I priced it twice to be sure I was seeing this correctly. What a scam!

United Airlines, do you think we're stupid? Apparently you do think we're brainless cattle because that's how you treat us. This kind of scam only serves to insult our intelligence and piss us off. You were better off not sending this coupon at all.

UA, you suck.

• De
    Destinye99 Dec 16, 2010

The same thing happened to me! But with a $50 electronic certificate discount that they sent me when I signed up for their credit card. When I looked up a flight with the coupon it was more expensive then the EXACT same flight with out the coupon. When I called customer service the person on the phone made no sense what so ever. She kept repeating the same line over and over that certain flights are not eligible for the coupon. This was total farse because this was not stated what so ever on the coupon. When I tried to explain that it was the exact same flights layovers dates and times the only difference is that i put in the coupon code for one of them, she repeated the same statement. The she acted like the situation was resolved! Like ok now u are set to buy the ticket and this really pissed me off. Then she said that she would like to know how to service was from 1-5 and I said zero. She repeated her statement again like a brainless robot because I didn't pick a number within her specified range. I said zero again. Then she said in a threatening voice would u like to talk to my supervisor. I responded in a calm voice yes please. Luckily the supervisor had a brain, found the price of the flight I was looking at and ordered the flight with my discount for me over the phone and apologized for the mistake. The United website tried get out of their $50 discount by giving me only a $14 discount!! What cheap [censor]s! and horrible customer service people!!! I'm glad I stood my ground to prove a point to the customer service rep that I had a point to what I was saying! ! I can't believe United is getting away with scamming people so bad !

Long pending refund with no action!

Our flight from Sacramento to Chicago on June 03, 2007 was canceled due to the mechanical problems. We live abroad and bought the ticket via a travel agency in cash. Customer service told the ticket will be refunded soon last year and we are still waiting for a positive response. I called and emailed them several times, however no refund yet. It has been more than 7 months now. How may I get a refund of 630 USD. Plz advise smb!

Female homeowner ripped off

I had a $49.95 dollar coupon that ended up $4,518 dollars.

I told him I was a first time home buyer and that he could be ripping me off.

The technician told me if he did half the job I would run the risk of the furnace breaking down and it would cost me 10-15 thousand to get a new one. Also told me that if I called sears they would charge me 5 or 6 thousand. I called sears 1 week later they charge 189.95 for 8 vents, $19.95 for each additional,$50 bucks for blower motor cleaning. To compare these con-artist charged $690 for 9 vents, $500 for blower motor cleaning. Just to give an idea of the major rip off I have encountered. I spoke with the person who handles the complaints and got no where.

no name Sep 11, 2008

"united air care" has now switched its name to "Indoor Air Care" beware for this company...they are very BAD people!

• Wi
    WillyMonster Aug 25, 2009

Stay away from using Indoor Air Care or United Air Care (the company's former name).
    Their ads suggest reasonable prices for cleaning air ducts, but once they get to your home, they "recalculate" the amount of work needed and charge an astronomical amount of money - thousands of dollars instead of hundreds.
    One worker didn't speak English, couldn't answer questions, and barely did anything - he held the air hose.
    They'll offer coupons, too, to make you think you are saving money, but the initial price is so inflated the coupons make no difference.
    Please use another company and get multiple quotes. I unfortunately researched this company as the work was being done and the contract was signed, otherwise I would never had used this company.

• This "business" is a scam. Do not have any service done with them. United Air Care, Inc. turned a $50 coupon for duct cleaning into a $1, 200 bill. I was not home during the service, but they straight up took advantage of my wife. Now they will not call me back after three attempts to talk with a manager.

Failed contractual obligations

United Air Care

90 Broughton Ave
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
[protected]
www.unitedaircare.com

We hired this company to perform duct cleaning, based on a coupon offer they had made available. When they arrived, they not only gave my wife a hard time about the coupon, they then quoted an outrageous amount for doing additional work. When my wife declined the additional work, they became irritated, packed up their equipment, charged us and left. My wife called me, visibly upset. I came home and reviewed what they had done in terms of service. Of the items billed, they did not complete the job, left the house in a mess (discolored walls, dirt on the floors etc), they had apparently filled out their own inspection report and gotten my wife to sign off on it. I called the company and discussed the issues with Nick, the office manager and stopped the check pending their completion of the job. After going backwards and forwards a few times with Nick, they agreed to come out the next evening at 5pm with a manager to fix the problem. The workman arrived at 3:45 pm, with no manager when I wasn't home. My wife did not feel comfortable letting them in without me there. I called the manager, who said they would wait till 5 pm when I got home. I got there before 5 and they had left. I received a voicemail from them saying that they had reviewed the work and felt that they had completed the service and no mess was evident (I find this hard to understand as they had not entered the house). I called the office again and spoke with another manager Claude for 45 minutes, who promised me that they would come out the next day at 6pm to finish the work. They did not show. Again a day later, they show up at the house at 8:15 am, with no appointment at the house, when I'm at work. I received a voice mail saying they were in the area and wanted my availability.

Now while I am comfortable with paying for service, this is not service in any shape or form. They have neglected to live up to their promises and I have issues with the fact they did not complete the work. I have photographic evidence of the lack of clean up, and the condition of the vents that they supposedly cleaned. There is no doubt in my mind that they failed in their contractual obligations.

Sincerely yours,
Simon Sacke
15 Toth Lane, Rocky Hill, NJ 08553

• Li
    Linda sizemore Sep 27, 2007

My husband hired a United Air Care duct cleaning company in California based on a coupon for $89. I agreed to a little more work, but did not agree to the $803 these gougers charged me! No one has any last name at this company, and the invoice lists a non-existent Tarzana address. I tried to have the BBB resolve this, and spoke with "Danny" who told me to e-mail him a complaint and he would investigate. When I called a month later, he had done no investigation and acted like he had never heard of me or my written complaint. Please fully check out the poeple you allow into your home.

LRS

• Cs
    Csab123 Nov 24, 2008

This company now called Indoor Air Care in Bloomfield NJ did the same thing to me. It was terrible. I felt so uncomfortable as the man kep hounding me to do additional work for $1000 more. He gave false CDC claims and said my furnace would break down if I didnt.
    i am so upset with this situation. The paint is cracked around my vents and the place is a mess. Stay clear of these scam artists.

joycem Apr 12, 2009

it took me 5 HOURS to clean up the mess they left.

joycem Apr 12, 2009

I, too, had a $47.95 coupon - was charged into the thousands, PLUS they damaged my carpet & carpet cleaner - they used it as a VACUUM, thus filling it with metal shavings.

• G7
    G731 Jun 29, 2009

I am in the middle of filing a complaint against Indoor Air Care as I write this. I had them come out to clean my vents this past April (09). I had their $39.95 coupon that was in the Valupak and I chose them because of their ability to clean air conditioning coils. The week before I had an AC man come out who said that was the reason why I was getting poor air pressure coming out of my vents. The AC man was pushing for me to get an entire new unit, upwards of $2, 500, which is why I chose to have the vents and coils cleaned first. I was at work at the time and my friend was home to let them in to start cleaning the vents. The majority of the work was done while I was still at my office but we had several telephone conversations while they were there, adding additional work to be done. I pretty much had everything they offered outside of the dryer vent cleaned. The vents definitely needed cleaning so they did look much cleaner after vacuuming out. I was, however, surprised that they cut holes, both big and small, throughout all my ductwork but I guessed that's how it's done. They were there about 2-1/2 hours. When I went to use my AC, the air pressure was no better than before they started. Upon calling several other vent cleaning places, they all gasped when I told them how much I ended up paying - $820 - and I stupidly paid in cash. And according to the tech, I was getting a huge break on the price. Having never had this type of work performed before, my thinking was it was a lot of money but I would be getting better air flow which would save on my ac and heat bills, not to mention cleaner air and less dust. The other vent cleaning people said that to do a complete job of cleaning the coils, etc., it would have been a 4-6 hour job of taking it all apart and cleaning them properly. I just called Indoor Air and expressed my complaint and asked to speak to a manager. I was told by a young girl that I should speak with "Brianna" who heads the 'complaint department'. I asked what the manager's name was and was told "Desiree". Aside from sounding like a bunch of barbie dolls running this business, I'm not sure I will get anywhere after having now read all these complaints. I did find out that the tech that came out to do the job was named "Ronnie", who was the one who told me what a great deal I was getting because normally it would be over $1, 000. Hmm... I'm not feeling like I got such a great deal right now. If things are not rectified soon, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

• Pj
    PJM123 Aug 26, 2009

I just called these guys to my house after getting this $39.95 coupon in the coupon clipper. When they showed, they immediately started hooking up their hoses and getting ready to start the job. They then inspected the number of registers and additions that were not covered by the coupon and it came to a little over $200. I could live with this and signed off for them to proceed. They then cut wholes in my main return and main out from the AC/Heater. 10 minutes later they came to me and said it was going to be alot more to get the job done right...to the tune of around $900. I said no way. He said the $200 job would not be a good idea and I should do the $900 or nothing. I said then I don't want anything...please leave. This worker "Claude" then got agitated and said he would have to charge me a service fee for coming out. I said, I'm not paying anything because they didn't do anything. I told them to get their stuff out of my house. I then, went down and inspected the holes they cut and I was mortified. Not only did they not do anything, I'm going to have to have someone come out and look at this stuff to make sure this is sealed properly. I asked them again to leave, and "Claude" wanted to collect his service fee. I told him to bill me and good luck with that. At which point he said and I quote, "how about I collect it right now." Now I'm not sure if this is some kind of threat or not...so this is when I called the Police. Yes that's right...and this guy had the balls to stick around and argue with the State Trooper that showed up! I plan on writing letters to the BBB, all 3 credit companies in the event they attempt to ruin my credit, and writing as many online reviews of what happened here. This company is horrible.

• Tw
    TWJR Dec 12, 2009

I had this company come out to my house this morning. We were given a window of 7am-9am. This guy shows up 7am on the dot, minus his crew. I knew the $39.95 coupon was too good to be true. After inspecting my house, the guy started rattling off additional fees for access pannels and because I had 1 large return, that was extra. My husband pointed out how this was false advertisement and when he called to set up the appointment, he was very clear to the woman that he was only paying for the service stated on the coupon and she agreed. He declined to have the service done and dismissed the guy. I kinda felt bad for him, I bet he deals with irrate customers all the time. I think this is why he shows up alone first because chances are that almost every call he goes on, the customer declines. He did agree the coupon is misleading and agreed we should call the company and complain.

Terrible service

Was flying from PVD to SAT on June 11, stopped at Newark NJ flight 260 while waiting to board transfer flight onto flight 260 asked several times about my police dog who was on cargo, was concerned because he was acting very upset leaving PVD, nobody would let me know how he was doing. Then got onto flight 260, I had picked out my own seat which was 16A on the internet but the couple next to me had a 2 year old laying on top of his mother acting fussy so I offer the couple my window seat where I was very comfortable and needed to take a nap because I got up at 2:30am so I could arrive early to check in with the K-9 and once I arrived in San Antonio had to go straight to work at the Sheriffs Dept. NE ays I offered to let them let the the 2 yr old have my seat so the whole plane would not be disrupted by his crying not that I wanted to move I was perfectly comfortable but the airline steward white male, not the black female began to argue with me in front of everyone stating there were no other available seats, I explained I wasn't asking for a favor I was helping out the flight and he argued with me you can ask the couple next to me, 5 minutes later he came back very rudely and stated you can sit in the Isle seat, I believe it was 18 D, then I had to put up with the man to my right complaining to his wife the whole trip because he didn't want anyone sitting next to him. When that same steward came back and asked the couple to my right what they wanted to drink he completely ignored me. He was also very unprofessional with some other customers who were trying to use the restroom while he was handing out snacks shaking his head, it was just a horrible experience and the idiot next to me kept pulling his cell phone out to see who was calling and his wife kept getting on his case but the stewards who were not doing their job did not catch him. I don't think I will ever fly Continental again!

• Jk
    jkk5us Jan 21, 2009

On December 20, 2008, at 12:13 PM, I received notification from Continental Airlines, that my flight CO529, confirmation AGHMGV, due to leave Denver International Airport (DIA) at 6:25 PM for Newark International Airport, had been canceled. I was due to fly with my wife and son, to join our three daughters who had flown earlier, to New Jersey to spend Christmas with family. I was told that there were no flights until December 23. I immediately purchased three one way tickets on Frontier Airlines, at a cost of $1, 705.50 for the three of us. While we were in flight to New Jersey, at approximately 7:00 PM, Continental called my phone to tell me that flight CO 529 was reinstated and it would leave around 10:30 PM on December 20, 2008. Of course I did not recieve that message until I landed in Newark, and that was too late to be of any use to us and it was past the scheduled departure time of the canceled flight.

Tonight, January 21, 2009, I called Continental airlines, to get them to pay for my Frontier tickets, and they refused, but did offer to refund the unused portion of my original ticket, which should amount to about $538.50, which leaves me out $1, 167.00 for this event which was 100% the fault of Continental. Obviously someone was very hasty in canceling the flight in the first place. I hope that you can help me get Continental to pay for their error.

Ironically, my Frontier flight was right behind Continental Airlines flight 1404, which crashed and burned right in front of us at DIA. So I was not the only one to get burned by Continental Airlines that night.

• Mo
    moddrummer Oct 03, 2011

Flew recently from Ohio to Los Angeles, and experienced the meanest and rudest flight attendants ever! Couldn't get over how rude they were. Will never fly Continental again.

What a pathetic way to run a business!

Sent: 14 Jun 07 10:35:31 To: <[protected]@coair.com> Cc: Subject: Flight Experience Message...

Delays, mechanical probs, poor customer service

Flying from LA to Sacramento, what should have been a simple 45 minute flight... First, our flight was delayed 1 hour. Then, we finally boarded only to circle the runway for another hour before de-boarding because the plane had mechanical problems. We were informed that the flight will be cancelled, but shortly after that announcement, we were informed another plane will become avalable. We waited in LAX for 6 more hours until we could resume a flight, arriving at 5AM. Because this was a business day, many of us were trying to get to Sacto for business meetings. I got one hour of sleep in a hotel with gum on the carpet, and an attendant with binoculars and a "billy club" on her countertop. All because of Untied's incompetancy, I missed my reservation at Homewood Suites. Way to prepare for the training I had to give for 3 groups the next day.

I followed up by calling the customer service number. They were a group of [indian] folks, with nearly incomprehensible accents, but with american names. The most they could offer was a $200 voucher for another of their flights. Yeah, I'm just dyin' to do that all over agian...

Today, we go to pick up my grandmother-in-law, also delayed overnight in LAX, by United. Why is it that United has over 40% delayed flights listed in the monitors in the airport, while other airlines do not?

Jessica velazquez martinez Jun 07, 2015

Flying from little rock, ar to mexico city, mexico what sure have been a 4 1 / 2 hour trip and ended up bein a 8 1 / 2 hours do to delays. . . From little rock to houston was great. On the other hand me traveling with 2 small children we waited for our next flight no one told us we had a delay, on one told us anything about the flight. I finally went up to talk to someone about the flight and they told me that there was goin to be a delay of 30mins. So as we waited they kept pushing the time back we ended up waiting for 4 hours. We aboarded the plane n set on there for 45 mins if not longer. . . Then the fligt attendant told we r waiting on the captain to aboard. Then the flight attendant asked for everyonr to exit the plane do to the captain so we all exit n waited in the hallway for another 30 mins. We finally got back on the plane and no longer then 2o mins later the captain says we are waiting on fuel so we wait on the plane for about 15 more mins. We finally made it to our desantion in mexico city, mexico. Do to all the delays i missed the bus to family house and had to stay the nite in mexico city 3 hours away from them. My flight number was 4175 my name is jessica velazquez martinez, feel free to email me @ [email protected] or call me @ 501 - 398 - 4137 thank you

Terrible abuse!

A copy of Email to Continental Airlines:

Dear CONTINENTAL,

We traveled from Toronto to Cali Colombia via Houston on July 03, 2006. We left Houston at 5:40 in the flight number 820 to Cali.

Although we arrived on time to Cali, our luggage as the luggage of many other passengers did not. Little explanation was given by local staff, no assistance whatsoever was offered, and vague directions such as “give us a phone number and we’ll contact you as soon as the luggage arrives,” “just keep going home to your final destination and we’ll contact you some time in the next two weeks” (!)

Cali was not our final destination. We were booked to leave to the south of Colombia (Pasto) that same night. As a result, we lost the connection and ended up staying stranded, without clothing, belongings and work equipment in a city that we did not intend to stay at. We had to pay from our own pockets the hotel (160.000 pesos), pay our expenses (food, hygiene products, underwear, clothing, etc.) for that day and the next ten. The next day we had no choice but to travel to the south without our luggage!

I am a photographer, I had a contract to take some pictures for the company that I work for, but my equipment did not arrive (it was in my luggage), so I could not work as it had been arranged.

After ten days of struggle, finally Continental contacted us to say that they have sent our suitcases to Pasto. By then the trip was over, the photo equipment was not needed anymore, we have spent our money and time just waiting. Continental had ruined my travel arrangements and the entire travel experience. Continental had made us pay unexpected expenses. The only feedback we’ve got from you was a pathetic “Sorry.”

At this point we are just claiming for a fair compensation for the lost time and additional inconveniences resulting from our luggage 10 days delay. We were told by Continental staffers in Cali’s airport that a compensation of $25 per passenger per day was customary. We have not receive a cent from you yet.

Well, fortunately we live in a country of laws. I contacted more than 15 passengers in the same situation during that flight. All of them are willing to initiate with me a class lawsuit against Continental. Your Company should pay for this terrible abuse, which is by all accounts very common in the infamous flight 820 Houston-Cali.

Sincerely,

Canada
Tel. [protected]

• Ne
    Nechama Berl Jul 06, 2008

I feel you should definitely receive some compensation in the form of a voucher or something for the abuse you suffered!

Do not care about their customers!

I have had terrible experiences with United over the years and swear I will never fly them again. But this last time takes the case.

I flew from LAX to Cedar Rapids, Iowa on July 2, 2006. I arrived an hour and half early for my flight. The lines were really long and not moving so I went to the self check in. It said I could not take that flight as my flight was delayed making it impossible to make my connecting flight in Denver. I had actually called one hour before I arrived and was told my flight would be on time. I was upset as I did not want to wait all day at LAX. So the very nice lady at the service phone told me I could catch a flight that would be about 45 min. later than my original scheduled flight and go through Chicago. The trick was that the next flight going out would not be until the morning, so I would have to spend the night in Chicago. I told her I did not want to pay for a hotel there and she assured me that United would cover the cost and that I just had to go to special services when I got to Chicago. I arrived in Chicago around 11:30 PM and when I went to the special services counter she told me about they said the were closing and could not help me and sent me down to baggage claim office. There was a long line there and I was tired. The lady said she could not help me and that I would have to pay for the hotel and contact United later about getting reimbursed. She then gave me a pink slip for a discount at select hotels. The next day I contacted United customer service and they said they could not reimburse me despite the fact I had the lady's name and ID. I also tried at the airport the next day with no luck. After numerous calls for help I finally got someone who said they would give me a $100.00 coupon for another flight. I did not want this, but since I could not get the money back I took it.

Now of course that means I have to use that stupid airline again. So I book a flight to Portland from Burbank online and put in my coupon number. I get back an itinerary that is not what I booked, but is from LAX to Portland and different times. I call the customer service again( and by the way I always get their India office and have to talk to people I can barely understand). They said they could cancel that flight and I would have to rebook it. I said what about my $100.00 coupon and he said I could not reuse it. After much argumentation and persistence and calling back I got a supervisor to rebook it properly with the discount. But when I saw my itinerary it charged me the full price. I had to call again and they assured me they would give me the $100.00 credit. After two days it finally showed up. But I spent about four hours on the phone trying to get a $100.00 discount which should have been reimbursed for my hotel. I swear I will never fly them again after I take this flight and use my 66,000 Frequent flier miles. I was saving this for Australia. After that I am done. I think more people need to write their complaints and while I was on this last flight I heard many customers complain and one took my name on a list where she is writing to Congress and the FAA about this airline. They do not care about their customers so why should we care about them.

Where to I begin?

1. Your initial complaint was that you were angry because you called the airport an hour before you showed up, and were told the flight was on time. Then, upon arrival, you were told it was delayed. Do you have any idea how many things can happen in that hour, that affect flight departures? It could have been weather, equipment, ANYTHING.

2. You didn't want to wait around for a different flight at LAX, so you chose to call the service department and they advised you of a later flight through Chicago, but that you would have to overnight in Chicago. I don't understand why you would choose this option over waiting in LAX. That part is unclear, so I won't comment further.

3. You say the person on the phone assured you that United would pay the cost of the hotel stay in Chicago, and directed you to special services. I have no doubt that you complained about the hotel cost, and that she told you to see guest services upon your arrival in Chicago. I do, however, have serious doubts that she 'assured' you that United would pay. I think you are exaggerating to prove a point.
    4. The service desk was 'closing' and would not help you. This is frustrating, I agree. Baggage claim could not help and offered you a slip for a discounted room rate. The part about contacting United later does not ring true. If they were going to give you a voucher for a room, they would have done so at that point. United isn't in the business of 'reimbursing' passengers. It sounds to me like she just wanted to get you out of her line and move on to the rest of the people.
    5. After arguing with customer service over the hotel room, they offered you a 100.00 future travel voucher. Again, I have no doubt that they offered this to you just to quiet you and move on. Makes me wonder how much the room night was? You don't state this anywhere.
    6. You booked an itinerary online, okayed it, read the terms and conditions, and then the computer 'magically' it changes it and sends you a completely different itinerary? Um, no.
    7. You state that you are 'done' with United, so what is the purpose of your complaint? What do you expect them do to at this point?

• Valerie Aug 17, 2006

People should look at: http://www.untied.com/ for information about United.

• Valerie Aug 17, 2006

I am pretty sure most airlines do NOT offer reimbursement for hotel stays for delayed flights. That has been my experience.

• Valerie Aug 17, 2006

They didn't offer him reimbursement for the hotel they offered him a $100 coupon. And this WAS probably done to move him out of the line, however, it was done. Whether the poster was 100% honest (not sure it's up to Tracy M to scrutinize every sentence and it's validity)... clearly United could have handled the situation better than shifting him around throughout the airport - most airlines seems to not know when their own service departments open/close, etc.

• Valerie Aug 17, 2006

Many things can cause delays.....even in just that one hour. It could be weather, mechanical, technical, or it even could be delayed because crew is running late on a different flight. Most airlines don't offer vouchers on weather related issues...so it's interesting that they even offered that in the first place. Well try a different airline next time. Next time try to be more understanding about delays. My itinerarys change a lot too. Sometimes flights get taken off their system...

• Valerie Aug 17, 2006

Well the lady from the service phone promised me a hotel on United and I have her name and ID but that was not good enough. I got a stupid travel voucher which I hate as they are more trouble than they are worth and I did not want to use United again. If they promised me a hotel they should have kept that promise. That is bad business practice. I also booked a flight from Burbank to Portland with the voucher and somehow it booked me from LAX to Portland. I did check it over before I hit purchase and the airlines did finally apologize for that mess up. I know that sounds unbelievable , but it happened which shocked me also. Maybe the button for alternative airports was pushed I do not know, but it was not the flight I booked as I would not book a flight from LAX which is 1 hour from my house when I can book one from Burbank which is 10 min away. I only use LAX when the price is significanly different which in this case it was notm, only about $30.00. I never put LAX in the departure city, so I have no idea how that happened. Granted they cancelled that right away. But it will take me 2 months to get my money back. I just know that even the flight attendents were upset with thier airline and the poor treatment. I happened to be on the shuttle with them from the hotel back to the airport. Also a lady on my flight was gathering names of others who had a bad experience so she could go high up and make some changes with thier service. They just don't seem to care with the exception of a few employees. I wrote them a letter. I highly doubt if it will do any good, but at least I let them know my complaint.

United Airlines died long before 9/11

• Valerie Aug 17, 2006

Great I just booked a UAL flight. Let's hope I have better luck.

• Valerie Aug 17, 2006

For the record, I don't work for United airlines or ANY airline for that matter. I am, however, a 15 year veteran of the travel industry and have seen and heard it all. My comments were not a personal attack on you, Boykman, there are just many things that seem quite unbelievable about your story. Many of the things just don't add up.

Trust me, I am not defending the airlines, but in this case, I'm calling it like I see it. There are many, many times that I am on the phone to the airlines on behalf of my clients. I have spent, literally, hours trying to straighten out problems and issues that would make your head spin.
    At some point, however, you have to ask yourself: Is my time and energy really worth all of this? I'm not sure how much the hotel was, but at some point, I'm sure much more of your time and energy was spent fighting for the 100.00 voucher that you didn't even want.

• Wi
    Will Sep 09, 2007

I bet he did book from lax. Since it is a direct flight. I personally would do the direct out of lax even if i lived near BUR.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices