Menu
FileYourTaxes.com Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

FileYourTaxes.com
reviews & complaints

www.fileyourtaxes.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.9 25 Reviews

FileYourTaxes.com Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
10 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with FileYourTaxes.com at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for FileYourTaxes.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of FileYourTaxes.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

9 reviews
Sort by:

Newest FileYourTaxes.com reviews & complaints

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I found this link on the IRS website for File Your Taxes dot com

I found this link on the IRS website for File Your Taxes dot com. I filed my taxes to save money during difficult times. Ended up being charged $111.00. The tax return that I saw on my screen showed a return of about 700 dollars - which seemed correct. My son only makes about 15K a year. The printed forms we received said he owed 1K. Tried repeatedly to call them but was not able to reach anyone. Emailed and got auto response that was not an answer. The filing process was fair at best. Not very easy to maneuver forward and backward to check things. This is very frustrating. Do not recommend.

Read full review of FileYourTaxes.com and 4 comments
4 comments
V. Hodkiewicz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tax form never submitted irs stated this company at fault.

M. Conroy
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Absolutely amazing service. The new look for the software is streamlined and easy to use. I know whenever I have an issue I will be given top notch support from a dedicated team of professionals. Fileyourtaxes is an incredible customer focused company and could not ask more from them.

V. Boehm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Was simple and straight forward. Wasn't charge anything but My file hasn't been accepted yet been 5 days. Will wait a couple more because of the weekend. But nothing seems out of place so far, Will update for good or bad.

A. Zboncak
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm not sure if anyone else had the same issues I did, I tried this site on January 1. The site is not pretty, but I don't care much about that. These are the issues I had (I'm using Chrome on a Macbook Air): 1. I couldn't see what I was writing when filling in my tax information. Box 14 of the W-2 section has (8) fields to fill in, however the top two fields are placed almost directly behind the next two boxes, making it impossible to see what amount I had entered. 2. If you click on the Pencil Icon to edit a part of the W-2 section the page reloads and produces an error message to the user indicating they have not filled in a field. I had to reload the page and clear the entire form instead of editing one thing. 3. In the Security Questions section one of the questions was, "What is the first name of your favorite niece or nephew?" Most Uncles and Aunts don't play favorites, and you shouldn't have that as an option to choose from. Just a personal preference I suppose, if you play favorites with your family shame on you. 4. Forms are not "sticky" and if you make a mistake the form is cleared, which wouldn't be a problem if you identified up front what parameters you require. I had to change my answer after I submitted what I entered (which also cleared the entire form) when I found that the answer to my Security Question had to be at least (6) characters long. This validation should be stated up front, and that logic just causes people unnecessary work, I know this because I create software for a living. Because of the requirement I had to enter an answer that didn't fit the question. For example, if you ask "What is your wife's first name?" and my wife's name is "Mary" and I submit that answer, you then tell me my answer must be (6) characters long. What do you expect a user to do at that point? Type "Marryy" or something? Or better yet, maybe you expect them to choose a different Security Question like "What is the first name of your favorite niece or nephew?" Even if I had a favorite niece or nephew, what if their name is "Anne"? My point is, it would be a good idea to take that (6) character parameter off, or put a notice up to let people know before they take the time to write it all out, just to have to do it all over again. I gave up after awhile with all the issues I was having and just went and paid the TurboTax fee. It's not free, but they don't waste my time with double the work. I'm guessing a lot of people quit halfway through the process because of the issues on this website. If you want to boost your revenue or user-base, take care of a few of these things and I can pretty much guarantee more people would use your service.

T
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I'm really, really upset here and trying to be reasonable

I'm really, really upset here and trying to be reasonable. But, I was led to believe from the government website that led me to your site, that I would be able to file my state tax return for free as it was on your list. I am extremely upset that instead I was charged $35 to file it! And I had already filed my federal returns with you and therefore couldn't start a new return elsewhere, because other sites won't let you file a state return for free without filing your federal taxes with them. I know that there's probably some fine print I didn't read, but man- what a brutal thing to do. Capitalism at it's worst.

Read full review of FileYourTaxes.com and 2 comments
2 comments
L. Littel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Check the customers age before you agree to do a free 1040 income tax report for them - this company went through a lot of questions got a lot of personal information and then decided that I was too old to be using the site I was referred by the IRS site to their company so check the age first before you decide that there's a cut off at age 65. I'm a senior and I'm 78 I want to be sure all my personal information is not going to be used by them for another purpose and that all that information is deleted and removed and trashed!

D
D
D. Robel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I couldn’t believe the outstanding customer service I received. I want to say THANK YOU to Amanda, you were patient, kind, and knowledgeable. You saved me today! Christina

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I ain't gonna use this company no more even if they paid me to do my taxes instead of the other way around

I ain't gonna use this company no more even if they paid me to do my taxes instead of the other way around. Their website is so dang hard to figure out and understand. My filing for the nonresident state was a total disaster, I tell ya. The Department of Revenue had to fix my return 'cause I messed up the schedules and numbers that I put in but didn't save. How in the world did my Federal and resident state returns have the right amounts and schedules, but not the nonresident state return? I might as well have just printed out blank tax forms and done it all myself instead of wasting money on this company to efile an incomplete return!

Is FileYourTaxes.com legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals FileYourTaxes.com as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, FileYourTaxes.com stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering FileYourTaxes.com should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

FileYourTaxes.com earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: FileYourTaxes.com achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for FileYourTaxes.com. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

FileYourTaxes.com has received 6 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

FileYourTaxes.com has registered the domain name for fileyourtaxes.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Fileyourtaxes.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows FileYourTaxes.com website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Fileyourtaxes.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Fileyourtaxes.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with FileYourTaxes.com, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Several mixed reviews for FileYourTaxes.com have been found on various review sites. While some customers have had positive experiences with the company, others have reported issues with their products or customer service. It's important to read and consider a variety of reviews before making a decision to purchase from this website.

FileYourTaxes.com website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While FileYourTaxes.com has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 10 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to FileYourTaxes.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I can't say enough about there customer service

I can't say enough about there customer service. I was having issues with a rejected Federal Filing. I called customer service and spoke with S. She explained to me how to edit my account. We went through it together. She stayed on the line with me until I submitted it. Turns out it was rejected again. Sam had actually watched my account to make sure it went through! It so happened that it rejected again. Sam actually called me back to work me through it So that I could fix and resubmit it. It finally went through correctly. I had put in an incorrect amount in err and she brought it to my attention. I was then able to resubmit, and it went through fine. KUDOS to S! I will definitely use them again.

FileYourTaxes.com I've been usin FileYourTaxes.com for 2 years now

I've been usin FileYourTaxes.com for 2 years now...and it's real simple, fast, and cheap. If you're filin a simple return, the easy to follow prompts and questionnaire make it real fast and easy. The first time took me bout an hour (mostly just lookin to find some info)...but this time it was 30 minutes...from log-on to gettin the confirmation it was submitted. The acceptance notification from the IRS took bout 1/2 day to update my FileYourTaxes.com submission. The only thing to watch for is the scammy additional services at the payment process at the end. It's preselected to buy some unnecessary services for $44.95 (confusinly close to the $44.75 for the primary service...and I think intentially that way to confuse you). For that, I deduct one start.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I'm a disabled Army vet and I tried saving money by using FileYourTaxes.com, thinking the IRS would direct me to a legitimate site

I'm a disabled Army vet and I tried saving money by using FileYourTaxes.com, thinking the IRS would direct me to a legitimate site. Boy, was I wrong! Lesson learned, folks! Don't make the same mistake I did! My tax return has been rejected five times in the past week and a half for absolutely no reason! I check the error codes and go back to edit whatever they tell me to, but guess what? The information I previously entered was already correct! I mean, come on! I know my own social security number after 47 years! If it gets rejected again, I'm just gonna use a paid site. As a disabled Army vet, I thought the IRS would guide me to a trustworthy site, but nope! As a fellow American looking out for my fellow Americans (unlike the IRS), I highly do not recommend this business! Seriously, don't get caught up in the scam they're running with the IRS. You'll end up falling behind on your taxes, worrying if your info got stolen from this crappy website, and you won't even get your taxes done!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I gotta say, the website ain't the prettiest thing out there

I gotta say, the website ain't the prettiest thing out there. It's got this clunky, old-school vibe that ain't too appealing. But hey, I managed to figure things out, so it's all good. I was pretty dang eager to get my tax refund, but I gotta admit, I was a bit nervous after reading all them negative reviews. So, I decided to give their customer service a call, just to make sure I wasn't getting scammed or charged extra or something. After waiting on hold for like 10 minutes, I finally talked to this super patient dude who calmed all my worries. In the end, I got my refund in just nine days, y'all! WOO-HOO! I gotta say, I was relieved as heck! Oh, and here's a couple of tips for y'all: 1) Check out irs.gov to see where your refund's at. They'll ask for your Social Security Number and the amount you're expecting. 2) Now, I live in Washington state, so I only had to deal with Federal taxes. No hidden fees or delays or errors for me, like them negative reviews mentioned. I took my sweet time going through everything, making sure there weren't no surprises. I even tried to read all that "fine print" (and boy, did it make me sleepy!). So yeah, overall, it worked out fine for me.

I
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com So, I used to do my taxes with this other company, but they weren't part of the free file thing this year

So, I used to do my taxes with this other company, but they weren't part of the free file thing this year. So, I thought I'd give fileyourtaxes.com a shot. Big mistake, let me tell you. I knew my federal filing would be free and the state filing would cost around 30 bucks. So, I did everything on their website, clicked the file button, put in my credit card info, and thought I was good to go. But guess what? The company I used before would email me if my return got accepted or rejected. No such luck with these guys. I mean, come on! I didn't get an email until like a week before the deadline, and that was a rejection email. Can you believe it? I filed my return two months ago! Turns out, they rejected it because my son's name was spelled wrong on his hospital records. I fixed that with social security and the IRS, and filed again. But nope, still rejected. So, I waited a couple more weeks, filed again, and waited some more. It kept saying my return was pending, but in the end, it got rejected a third time. I was freaking out because the deadline was coming up, so I went back to my old company and paid for their services. And guess what? My returns got accepted that very same day. It's like magic or something. So, I asked fileyourtaxes.com for a refund on my state return since they never actually filed it. And you know what I got? A super long email that didn't even come close to addressing my concerns. I mean, seriously? Their website was okay, I guess. Not too hard to use. But honestly, if you want your taxes done right, go somewhere else. Trust me on this one.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com Don't waste time with this broken website!

Don't waste time with this broken website! I e-Filed my taxes on fileyourtaxes.com and it was immediately "rejected," saying my AGI from last year was wrong (it wasn't). After some searching, I found out that if you filed taxes after the 4/15 deadline, the IRS might have reported your AGI as '0'. So I made that small change just to submit electronically. It's been 2 weeks and still no refund. Others who filed later already got theirs in a week! I won't use this site again. It says "Accepted, no action needed," but they've stalled my return. I'll have to call the IRS tomorrow. I doubt they even sent my return. It feels like a scam to make you call their expensive customer service line. They charge $17.50 per call! This is a scam! I'm glad I found out before falling for it. I'm done with this misleading site that targets vulnerable people. They might end up in court!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com Tax form never submitted irs stated this company at fault

Tax form never submitted irs stated this company at fault.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I couldn’t believe the outstanding customer service I received

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com Was simple and straight forward

F

FileYourTaxes.com Absolutely amazing service

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com Check the customers age before you agree to do a free 1040 income tax report for them - this company went through a lot of questions got a lot

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I'm not sure if anyone else had the same issues I did, I tried this site on January 1

FileYourTaxes.com My 2019 efile got "rejected" by IRS through File Your Taxes

My 2019 efile got "rejected" by IRS through File Your Taxes. In February , IRS told me I didn't need that PIN #, just file. I never had my taxes rejected before. Now File Your Taxes has my ss#, direct deposit banking info, address, etc. I got hit by ID theft. I don't think my return is worth it. It scares me. File Your Taxes got a lot of my private info!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I found this website on the IRS site and they said they would file my taxes for free

I found this website on the IRS site and they said they would file my taxes for free. But since I included State taxes, they charged me $40. It's been weeks now and every time I submit my taxes, they get rejected. I've emailed this company at least 5 times and they keep giving me the same answer, which basically says "you're on your own". There's no one to help. So they took my $40 and I still haven't received my return. I really need it.

FileYourTaxes.com I got charged 3 times for my state return

I got charged 3 times for my state return. I sent them an email to complain, and they replied saying that their response was in my account. I tried logging in, but I can't access my return. The website lets me change my password, but it says my email isn't linked to an account (even though it is). It won't even give me my username, so I'm not completely sure if I have the right one. I emailed them about this, but it's been a whole week and they haven't bothered to reply.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FileYourTaxes.com I did my taxes on FileYourTaxes.com and got all the papers I needed, but I ain't heard nothin' from them 'bout if it got filed with the IRS

I did my taxes on FileYourTaxes.com and got all the papers I needed, but I ain't heard nothin' from them 'bout if it got filed with the IRS. Now I'm thinkin' 'bout tryin' another company, but that might mess things up even more. Ain't no phone number to reach nobody, seems like you gotta pay just to talk to someone. I'm so confused right now. I found this site on IRS.gov, so I figured they were legit.

P

FileYourTaxes.com IRS.gov sent me to fileyourtaxes.com to do my 2019 U

IRS.gov sent me to fileyourtaxes.com to do my 2019 U.S. 1040 taxes and e-file them if I met the right criteria. I met the requirements, so I did the online interview and filled out my 2019 1040 tax form and attachments. But now, my tax form keeps getting rejected because of "Federal Reject Code IND-031-04: The IRS says the signature info I gave doesn't match their records." One way to verify a signature for a previous year's return is the Adjusted Gross Income. I used the same amount as last year, but it still got rejected. I even got a transcript of my last year's tax return from the IRS, and it was the same amount. Clearly, fileyourtaxes.com doesn't want to e-file my completed return like they promised, just like the IRS and their website said. Can the ComplaintsBoard.com help me? Is this business a scam in 2020?

FileYourTaxes.com Customer Reviews Overview

FileYourTaxes.com is a highly reputable online tax filing service that has garnered positive reviews from satisfied customers. With its user-friendly interface and efficient tax preparation process, FileYourTaxes.com has become a go-to platform for individuals and businesses alike.

One of the standout features of FileYourTaxes.com is its simplicity. Users appreciate the intuitive design that makes filing taxes a breeze, even for those with limited tax knowledge. The platform guides users through each step, ensuring accuracy and minimizing errors. This user-friendly approach has earned FileYourTaxes.com glowing reviews for its ease of use.

Another aspect that sets FileYourTaxes.com apart is its affordability. Customers appreciate the competitive pricing structure, which offers great value for money. With various pricing options to choose from, users can select the package that best suits their needs and budget. This affordability, combined with the platform's efficiency, has made FileYourTaxes.com a popular choice among cost-conscious individuals and businesses.

Customers also praise FileYourTaxes.com for its exceptional customer support. The platform provides prompt and reliable assistance, ensuring that users receive the help they need throughout the tax filing process. Whether it's answering queries or providing guidance, the dedicated support team at FileYourTaxes.com has received rave reviews for their professionalism and expertise.

Furthermore, FileYourTaxes.com prioritizes security and privacy, earning the trust of its users. The platform utilizes advanced encryption technology to safeguard sensitive information, ensuring that personal and financial data remains confidential. This commitment to security has been commended by customers, who appreciate the peace of mind that comes with knowing their information is protected.

In conclusion, FileYourTaxes.com is a highly regarded online tax filing service that offers a seamless and affordable solution for individuals and businesses. With its user-friendly interface, competitive pricing, exceptional customer support, and commitment to security, FileYourTaxes.com has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from satisfied users.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

FileYourTaxes.com contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with FileYourTaxes.com?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with FileYourTaxes.com Customer Service. Initial FileYourTaxes.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for FileYourTaxes.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about FileYourTaxes.com. Discuss the issues you have had with FileYourTaxes.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.