Trend Micro Internet Securitydeceptive practices

M Review updated:

Unauthorized billing and deceptive business practices: Trend Micro came with my Dell computer. When it expired, I bought a renewal online for 48.95. I could not get the renewal to activate. After about 3 hrs trying to resolve the issue unsuccessfully, I sought a refund. No success. This company does everything possible to try to prevent any contact from the customer to interact with personnel. So, I initiated a dispute with Bank of America, the credit card I used. After another hour on the phone with the B of A guy, trying different numbers, etc., finally I got a promise of a refund (we'll see if I get it!). In the process, I found out that they had signed me up for automatic renewals without my authorization. Either it was in the "terms and conditions" fine print, or they just slammed me (another complaint says that there was nothing in the fine print about this). The B of A guy got them (supposedly... it was somebody in India.. who knows) to take off the automatic renewals, but other people say that they got them anyway.
This company is engaged in deceptive practices and tries to prevent customers from directly contacting them to resolve problems. Their service is also terrible even when you get somebody... basically they just sent me an email directing me back to the website. Horrible experience, and so typical of the many companies nowdays that have their business plan based on deceipt. Another ripoff in the great free-for-all USA... home of the "service industry" which is another term for scams, ripoffs and bad service!

• El
    elly Oct 23, 2008

i tried to renew my internet security software but kept having problems downloading and getting it to work properly. customer service was worthless. i spent hours on the phone. the product is fairly good but the bad customer service has me switching to another company.

Anonymous Nov 19, 2008

I got rid of Trend Micro Internet Security, today. I realized that it is very terrible. It kicks out by shutting down about 10 different times and the computer had to reboot.

It can do other crazy things to the computer.

John A. Lewis Dec 16, 2009

I canceled my account with Trend Micro internet security. Well guess what? I just received a " Conformation" for renewal, order # [protected] for $44.95. I canceled their product because it didn't work well over a year ago. I now regret ever doing bussiness with them. I will now try to recover my money.

• Ji
    Jim McBride Jan 17, 2010

I emailed you that I have changed to a Mac and I did not need your services anymore and you still charged me for a new year. Please refund my credit card charge.
    [protected]@pixius.net

• Av
    avainma_86 Feb 16, 2011

I was charged 129.90 for subscription i didnt order. Just received the bill today which was purchased 1/19/11 online.

• Da
    Dale Whittle Nov 02, 2011

I ordered and downloaded a renewal of my internet security. As I look at my credit card billing today, I was double billed $55.95 on 10/31/11 for the renewal. I need one of these charges removed from my credit card. How do I go about getting this done?

• Bu
    Burtonsj Jun 08, 2015

Terrible customer service. Purchased disc, installed software and computer kept crashing badly. The authorized repair facility had a terrible time uninstalling it with their uninstall program. Still had trendmicro files that locked up or crashed computer. Filled out form and attached receipt to request money back within 30 days of purchase. Then they offered tech support, after request money back. Then their tech told me to take it back to the store, but the store has a 15 day return policy. So the trendmicro tech was dictating store policy, well such a narcissistic attitude. Still waiting for refund after 2-1/2 months. Horrible product and company.

Jack Bugg Sep 25, 2020

I just today got a bill from Trend micro for $379 and$20 tax and they had my nane from action I took last year due to double billing and billing with no orders
    Jgg