Travelers Insuranceclaims

We are currently suing Travelers Insurance. Our home had winter storm damage totaling around $30, 000. Travelers sent a check for a little over $1, 000 dollars and took over a year and a half to do so. But dropped our homeowners insurance immediately.

Some of Travelers cost savings suggestions included $500 to renail twisted usable roof gutters back on the house!!! Apparently, the adjusters have some "low-ball" company claim template that they use to for all claims "to cut a low-ball check and run".

DO NOT BUY TRAVELERS HOME, AUTO OR ANY OTHER INSURANCE FROM THEM. Drop them immediately and go with a reputable company. Consumer Reports recommends: Amica, CHUBB and USAA Group.

"Amica Mutual Group, USAA Group, and the Chubb Group of Insurance Cos. were rated more highly for claims satisfaction than most other insurers."

IF THERE ARE ANY TRAVELER's CLAIMS ADJUST OUT THERE...PLEASE WRITE IN WITH STORIES AND SUGGESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO GET A FAIR DEAL FROM TRAVELER ONCE YOU ARE "STUCK" DEALING WITH THEM?????

• Ro
    Rockie Bates Feb 08, 2016

I bought a 2005 Ford Escape a year ago and decided to get Travelers Insurance. I never had any problems, getting insurance for it. Because, to my knowledge, I had never had any accidents. But, my Ford Escape broke down, so, I decided that I would cancel my insurance. I bought a 2004 Buick, yesterday and called up Travelers Insurance. They told me that it would only cost me 66 dollars for insurance. Five minutes later the called me back and told me it would cost me 200 and some odd dollars for insurance. Which, I absolutely do not get, because, they said this had happen a couple of years ago and I absolutely know the I did not have any accidents and if I did. Why didn't they find the accidents. When I signed up for Travelers insurance on my Ford Escape in the first place. Since, like I said before. I got travelers insurance on my Ford Escape a year ago, any way.

• Be
    beyouhara Dec 28, 2011

I also have a similar case with Travelers Insurance. I had open Travelers’ auto insurance a few months ago via insurance agency. My coverage was $7, 700 because of having 2 accidents and 1 DUI. As I know, my history is not good and I paid down payment around $1, 000.
    The problems start after 45 days. Travelers Insurance Company had never notice and bills anything to me in 45 days. I thought it was so strange and I was call to my agency. My agency said, Travelers changed my coverage price. They add up $3, 400 which calls “new business premium”. I and my agency don’t know what new business premium is. I asked Travelers, but the representative Carolyn said, she cannot speak to anything for me and just talk with agency. They never explain and notice increasing coverage price. Depends on their calculation, I could not receive my down payment $1, 000 and I have to pay additional fee around $300. I cannot understand this situation and I never sign up increasing coverage price document. When I ask Travelers’ representative Carolyn, she never explains and any comments me about this situation and sometimes hangs off me. It seems like she is an owner of the company. I don’t know well why she always received my phone call. She always said, “Talk with agency” so I just thought my agency was problem and the agency has something happen with Travelers. I didn’t realize this problem is from Traveler Insurance Company.
    Even though loss my down payment at all, I cancel and start Travelers’ new policy throughout another insurance agency. My new policy coverage was $6, 400 and paid down payment $1, 500 again. Unfortunately, I have problem again to start Traveler’s new policy. Starting new policy after 30 days, I got the cancelation letter about new policy from Travelers Insurance. According to Travelers, they had not received previous policy additional fee ($300) but my old agency paid off at all and additional fee amount of $300. After check it out, I call to Travelers Insurance. I confirm that they receive $300 well from my old agency and Travelers just said again, “Talk with your agency”. The new agency told me, I have to cancel new policy and start another new policy because they didn’t receive $300. I am unbelievable why they lie to new insurance agency. In addition, the new agency doesn’t know how much I can get back amount of my down payment. I closed Travelers’ account after that open new insurance company right now. They are cheaper than Travelers Insurance. I don’t know why they say they are cheapest. I have not gotten my money and any notice from Travelers Insurance yet.
    If they racketeer my money again, my only option is handling it as a legal issue. I cannot understand Travelers Insurance can keep doing business in U.S.

• Br
    Bridgett Miller Dec 12, 2011

I know how you feel. I can't get homeowner's insurance from anyone due to their reports. I reported them to BBB and they took their side. I had two claims and they paid on one. The adjuster said water was coming through my chimney that caused water damages to my daughter's window which in turned turned to rot. He couldn't prove his fact and I was told to redo the problems myself or they will drop me. I'm on SSI and can barely survive. Once the letter came to my home, they said I needed to paint and fix a double pane window that was shatter on the outside. I want to sue them but has no clue as to what to do or is it worth it. Any suggestions.

Comment Guidelines