Travelers Insurance Logo

Travelers Insurance

Having problems with Travelers Insurance?

Travelers Insurance Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 695 4625 (Get a Quote)
+1 800 842 5075 (Billing and Policy)
+1 800 252 4633 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 877 754 0481 (MyTravelers.com Technical Assistance)
One Tower Square, 2MS
Hartford, Connecticut
Travelers Personal Insurance
PO Box 660307, Dallas, TX 75266-0307

Business Insurance payments
CL Remittance Center, PO BOX 660317, Dallas, TX 75266-0317

Investor Relations & Consumer Affairs (Complaints)
One Tower Square, Hartford, CT 06183

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Travelers Insurance Customer Service. Initial Travelers Insurance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Travelers Insurance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Travelers Insurance. Discuss the issues you have had with Travelers Insurance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

I

Travelers Insurance — overhead and profits

I don't if is a company policy from billing department, but I never have encountered a situation where after...

A

Travelers — A Premises slip and fall

Dear California Insurance Commission, On March 19, 2016, I had a premises slip and fall at 3308 Arden Way...

Travelers Insurancecondo insurance

February 2016, I requested through my broker to have my personal property coverage reduced as I am unable to pay the premium cost.

It is now April 2, 2016 and it has not been dealt with. My broker assured me it was changed on February 18, 2016.

The fact Travelers has not released it is making me very nervous. If I had to submit a claim, how long would that take.

I contacted my broker on Friday, April 1, 2016 and he had not heard back from Travelers.

This certainly reveals bad customer service from this company and perhaps I should be looking for a new one.

H

Travelers Insurance — service and refund due

New insurance with them (car/home/umbrella) 11/10/15 to be effective 11/25/15, There were errors on the email...

TravelersThey have my personal info, but no info about the insurance

People, stay away from the company www.travelers.com. I was scammed and now I couldn’t get my money back from these jerks. I paid for the insurance, but these jerks provided tons of forms and told to fill them all. After that I waited 4 days and no one provided any info about further steps and insurance. I waited and waited, but still nothing. I have no idea what to do now, ‘coz they have my personal info. Please, post comments.

P

Travelers Insurance — non payment

I had Travelers car insurance full coverage policy with all the appropriate riders for about ten years. In...

O

Business Insurance — insurance denies business loss from water disaster

I have a small Drycleaning business in Bloomingdale IL and have had Travelers insurance since August, 2010...

Travelers Insurancerefuses to cancel insurance policy

Travelers insurance company is the most corrupt business I have ever had dealings with. I had my home and business insurance with this company for several years. When I found I was paying much higher premiums then other companies offered I tried to cancel my policy. They would not let me cancel my policy by mail or by phone saying I had to get a form from my insurance agent and sign it to cancel the policy, they would not send me the form direct. I requested the form from my agent, but I never received it. Then the calls start for paying the insurance for several months past the date I canceled it by phone. Over the next six months they have harassed me with phone calls, and refuse to recognize that the failure was on the agents and the travelers company. I canceled my home insurance with travelers several years ago, and finally had to turn them in to the missouri attorney general and they got the issue corrected. Now I am dealing with a business insurance policy that I canceled in july 2013. They keep all records of the phone calls I have made to them, but will try to extort more payments then you owe. I am going to turn them in again to the missouri attorney generals office, they and their agents conspire to extort extra payments, this business practice needs to be stopped.

M

Travelers Insurance — intentional delays

I have been injured by Travelers Insurance bad business practices. Travelers Insurance intentionally delay...

P

Travelers Insurance — accident settlement negligence

I am currently going through a claim with Travelers. My daughter and I were hit by a school bus broadside on...

Travelers Insurancehomeowners insurance scam

To whom it may concern:

Please help me! I was with the same homeowners insurance company for 12 years. Upon receipt of my renewal notice, the new policy was increasing the deductible of the hurricane insurance portion of the policy to $4400.00. Since I do not live in a hurricane prone area I did not understand this and was told by a representative upon contacting them that even the areas in NJ that were not in a costal region were affected by the new deductible.

I decided to shop around and immediately found that other insurance companies were not doing this and hurricane damage was all part of the policy for my area. After shopping around I decided to go with Travelers insurance since that is where I have my two cars insured. On my previous policy that I was about to cancel the rebuild amount was going to be $212, 000.00 and the amount I was told Travelers came up with was $381, 000.00. I did question that but the total policy premium was actually $25.00 less so I decided to go with it. The new premium was charged to the mortgage company in the amount of $626.00 and the policy took effect July 05, 2012.

Shortly after the policy took effect I received a letter on Travelers letterhead stating the property would be getting an inspection. The letter clearly stated that, 1-An inspection company representative will contact you within the next few weeks to schedule an appointment, 2-The inspector will visit your property on the date of the appointment to review the INSIDE AND OUTSIDE of your home, 3-The inspector will provide identification prior to entering your home, and 4-We will contact you if the inspection reflects any significant differences from the information we already have about your home.

We did not hear anything until receiving a letter dated July 27, 2012, stating that the inspection was done. Surprise to us..we NEVER got a phone call from anyone wanting to make an appointment. So this means that someone was outside walking around taking pictures of our house without our knowledge. To add to this, the letter informed us that our cost to rebuild would now be estimated at $460, 500.00!!! (Believe me, if this house was worth that much, we would have sold at the height of the market and moved) This increase in estimate caused our premium to jump from the original $626.00 to $786.00. This is based on a walk around the house by the inspector; outside only. They are basing this on pre 1930 materials as our house was built prior to 1930. This is ridiculous as our home is not original materials from then anymore.

We then contacted Travelers' to make sure that the inspector had been to the correct address and had inspected the right house. The very professional, polite, and helpful gentleman then informed us that yes, they had the correct house and yes, that was the estimate. He also stated that he felt we were over insured at that amount as he could see from the pictures that our house was not that large and that he would talk to the underwriter about this. He then promised to send a copy of the pictures and report to us.
        He contacted us a day or so later, after talking to the underwriter, but was unsuccessful in having the estimate brought down.

We contacted three other insurance companies for estimates. The Hartford ($242, 000), ESurance ($250, 000), Allstate ($250, 000). All these figures were based on extensive questions asked by the reps from each company to determine the rebuild estimates. Funny how all these are in line with one another and with our old insurance company High Point/Prudential. They all had a good laugh when I told them the estimate from Travelers.

Fast forward to today, 8/6/12, when we received our copy of the pics and report. WELL, let me tell you how unbelievable it was. What stuck out immediately was the "Attempt sheet" where is was stated that the so called inspector had tried on four different occasions to contact us. This is total BS as we have caller ID, an answering machine, and voice mail that will pick up if someone is on the phone and does not switch over to the second call. Oh, and did I mention that I am home 99.9% of the time due to having Multiple Sclerosis and I am on disability?? The report states that there was one time with no answer, two times he left messages and one time called Travelers and that they contacted us for him. NEVER HAPPENED!!!
        So, how reliable is this report?? Also the square footage is higher by 200 sq. ft. than is shown on our tax records. He just guessed at pretty much everything. LIAR!! And, my car was in the driveway as shown in the pictures from the inspector, so why didn't he ring the doorbell and identify himself?

We contacted Travelers to inform them of these problems, however, they informed us that they were not changing the estimate. I asked to contact the inspection company and they gave me that information. My wife contacted them and got nowhere with them. They kept telling her that if there was a problem we had to contact Travelers and Travelers should contact them. LOL So, back to Travelers we go, where the very professional, polite and helpful rep suggested we contact their Consumer Affairs Dept and lodge a complaint; how hopeful are we that something will be done? Not very.

We realize that we have the right to change insurance companies yet again, however, the inconvenience and possible confusion with the mortgage company, payment, refunds, etc just is not worth it at this time. Is it fair that we are being forced to accept what we know is an overpriced, ridiculous rebuild value. A $460, 500 home would not even fit on our property..we would have to build it sideways to fit. We should not have to take this much insurance; if something happens and it only costs $300, 000 to rebuild, are they going to send us a check for the remaining amount???? I think not.

At this point, we feel that if this was done to us, it was surely done to others. This inspection company should be held responsible for the untruths told by their inspector, trespassing and just in general not giving a hoot.

Please help us

Sincerely,

Travelers Insurancepayment policy

I also have a similar case with Travelers Insurance. I had open Travelers’ auto insurance a few months ago via insurance agency. My coverage was $7, 700 because of having 2 accidents and 1 DUI. As I know, my history is not good and I paid down payment around $1, 000.
          The problems start after 45 days. Travelers Insurance Company had never notice and bills anything to me in 45 days. I thought it was so strange and I was call to my agency. My agency said, Travelers changed my coverage price. They add up $3, 400 which calls “new business premium”. I and my agency don’t know what new business premium is. I asked Travelers, but the representative Carolyn said, she cannot speak to anything for me and just talk with agency. They never explain and notice increasing coverage price. Depends on their calculation, I could not receive my down payment $1, 000 and I have to pay additional fee around $300. I cannot understand this situation and I never sign up increasing coverage price document. When I ask Travelers’ representative Carolyn, she never explains and any comments me about this situation and sometimes hangs off me. It seems like she is an owner of the company. I don’t know well why she always received my phone call. She always said, “Talk with agency” so I just thought my agency was problem and the agency has something happen with Travelers. I didn’t realize this problem is from Traveler Insurance Company.
          Even though loss my down payment at all, I cancel and start Travelers’ new policy throughout another insurance agency. My new policy coverage was $6, 400 and paid down payment $1, 500 again. Unfortunately, I have problem again to start Traveler’s new policy. Starting new policy after 30 days, I got the cancelation letter about new policy from Travelers Insurance. According to Travelers, they had not received previous policy additional fee ($300) but my old agency paid off at all and additional fee amount of $300. After check it out, I call to Travelers Insurance. I confirm that they receive $300 well from my old agency and Travelers just said again, “Talk with your agency”. The new agency told me, I have to cancel new policy and start another new policy because they didn’t receive $300. I am unbelievable why they lie to new insurance agency. In addition, the new agency doesn’t know how much I can get back amount of my down payment. I closed Travelers’ account after that open new insurance company right now. They are cheaper than Travelers Insurance. I don’t know why they say they are cheapest. I have not gotten my money and any notice from Travelers Insurance yet.
          If they racketeer my money again, my only option is handling it as a legal issue. I cannot understand Travelers Insurance can keep doing business in U.S.

• Be
              beyouhara Dec 28, 2011

Travelers Insurancebunch of crooks!

My wife and I have 7 boys we care for that are all ours which is a result of 20 yrs of happy marriage. In 2008 their was a flood that damaged the house we rent and we lost about 80% of all our belongings. We were told by the home owner that he had Travelers and that we may want to consider the same. To make a long story short we obtained a policy which included flood only and as renters I guess we had the renters insurance package or the one that most non-home owners purchase. Well it was about 18 months and then in 2009 there was another flood and then again about 2 months later so all together after purchasing our policy we encountered 2 separate floods. After reporting the first one an agent or free lance claims agent named Richardson came out took a lot of pictures, asked a lot of questions and then after showing us all of what our land lord had claimed and gotten from travelers he left saying there would be no problems and that we could expect to hear from him in just a few days . As I said before when Richardson was present in our home he had talked very badly about Bill our landlord and even went on to say that they had gave him $30, 000 to lift the house and get it out of flooding danger but he did not use the money correctly which is why (according to Richardson) we are here now facing this issue. Richardson made it clear that had Bill used the insurance money how he said he would the house would be three feet higher and out of danger!? My wife and I felt very uncomfortable talking about Bills policy and learning of his details inside the policy, we called Travelers right away and complained which is why I think we started off with trouble! After that event we slowly was treated worse and worse! It has been almost 90 days and we have had to replace everything we could but we are far short to what we had and in my opinion entitled to. I know that our policy is worth $8ooo and Travelers has tried to do every thing they can to keep from honoring our policy. My wife has gotten them proof of all reciepts as well as statements from others in relation to what they may have seen. I know that after having to produce reciepts we were made to feel like liars after being asked to get a staement from anyone who may have seen our washer and dryer setting on our porch for pickup! the whole thing has been degrading and embarresing, I would love to know how they can treat people like this and get away with it! We still have not gotten one dime and at present we feel like we are no match for them!! They are a crooked bunch and you will do great to stay away from them!! If there isw any help avalible please let me know where! Besides the insurance commision!

• Be
                beyouhara Dec 28, 2011

Even though loss my down payment at all, I cancel and start Travelers’ new policy throughout another insurance agency. My new policy coverage was $6, 400 and paid down payment $1, 500 again. Unfortunately, I have problem again to start Traveler’s new policy. Starting new policy after 30 days, I got the cancelation letter about new policy from Travelers Insurance. According to Travelers, they had not received previous policy additional fee ($300) but my old agency paid off at all and additional fee amount of $300. After check it out, I call to Travelers Insurance. I confirm that they receive $300 well from my old agency and Travelers just said again, “Talk with your agency”. The new agency told me, I have to cancel new policy and start another new policy because they didn’t receive $300. I am unbelievable why they lie to new insurance agency. In addition, the new agency doesn’t know how much I can get back amount of my down payment. I closed Travelers’ account after that open new insurance company right now. They are cheaper than Travelers Insurance. I don’t know why they say they are cheapest than others. I have not gotten my money and any notice from Travelers Insurance yet.
                If they racketeer my money again, my only option is handling legal issue. I cannot understand Travelers Insurance can keep doing business in U.S.

• Sh
                shannon wilde Dec 08, 2011

We have also suffered from Traveler's dishonest behaviors, we suffered a garage fire and a week later the adjustor showed up, called a "restoration company" to itemize and document our loss. We later found that less than half of the items photographed by us made it onto the list and when we attempted to submit digital photographs and receipts for the items and request they be added all of our computers suffered a cyber attach and the photographs were damaged, lost, or moved to a different location.
                We have taken photographs of the agents and had a video/audio security system at our home, we are hoping to bring in the FBI and take action under the "R.I.C.O. organized criminal conspiracy act"...our loss was around $125, 000.00

Travelers Insuranceclaims service

My car was rear-ended almost 2 months ago by a Travelers client, and they have been the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. After months of fighting with them and another company, as there was more than our 2 vehicles involved, the company still refuses to accept any liability. The Insurance company for the third vehicle was the only one that scheduled me for a courtesy estimate at a body shop, even though the damage to the front of their insured vehicle was only cosmetic, as was the damage to the rear of the vehicle that hit me. After all this time, I have photographic evidence of the extensive damage to the back of my vehicle and the front of the vehicle that hit me, both vehicles sustaining frame damage. The only answer received from Travelers was "I have a recorded statement from the driver of the third vehicle stating that vehicle hit the second vehicle and MIGHT have pushed it into mine." When asked how to justify minor cosmetic damage only for that impact compared to the major damage with my impact, the agent could give no plausible explanation, only kept referring to the recorded statement. When asked when a person's statement was taken as proof over factual evidence (photos, body shop estimates, and the extensive repairs already completed on the second vehicle), I was told the facts are being taken into account, but "we have a recorded statement". This is the most useless company, and is clearly intent on ignoring their financial obligations as an insurance company. Not only would I never recommend contacting them for your own personal insurance, I pray that no other vehicle accident victim has to experience this complete lack of customer service and professionalism. After reading some of the other reviews, it is apparent that this lack of professionalism is demonstrated to their own customers as well, which is truly sad. Again, stay as far away from this company, or any of their insured drivers, as you possibly can unless you want to experience the same feeling of violation.

Travelers Insurance Of Hartford, CTinsurance fraud, derogatory consumer treatment

I would like to formally make a complaint against Travelers Insurance, Corporate Headquarters as the parent company, located in Hartford, CT. My complaint concerns consumer fraud along with consumer disrespect, derogatory treatment, negligence and discriminatory practices imposed upon me by Traveler’s Insurance.

To briefly explain the situation, I had a home owner's protection policy for rental property with Traveler's Insurance for an estimated two years. During the first 15 months I had not rented the property out to tenants. Once the property was Renovate I rented it in December of 2010. The tenants were evicted for non payment of rent shortly after they moved in. After gaining access to the property massive vandalism had been done by the tenants causing extreme damage and destruction to my property. A criminal report was filed. Travelers Insurance is not compliant with the terms of the policy they sold me. They have denied my claim using unrelated exclusions that were never presented in my policy and that do not apply to this situation. Travelers should not be allowed to create or add exclusions from other policies or from a corporate handbook and apply them to my policy or that of any other consumer in order to avoid paying on a claim. This constitutes insurance fraud. I was sold one thing and something different was delivered. Also if you check their sales and customer service department, along with the website, Travelers insurance marketing practices also lead to fraud in this case.

• My
                    mybenus Jul 16, 2011

Hire a Pubic Adjuster immediately!!! Writing to the State Insurance Commissoner is a total waste of time because the Insurance company will tell them you have an attorney or some other lie which will stop any further investigations. I speak from experience on this matter with Allstate. HIRE A PUBLIC ADJUSTER. Also find a good attorney with experience and willingness to fight an Insurance Company. Insurance Companies have more money than our National Debt and can afford to fight you for years. Your best bet is find a Public Adjuster to help you. I have been fighting Allstate for nearly a year. The Public Adjuster had kept me from going insane dealing with this. I can't say this enough, HIRE A PUBLIC ADJUSTER!!!

• De
                    Dennis Jay Jun 28, 2011

You should seek assistance from your state insurance department. Contact information can be found at http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm

To get consumer information on insurance companies, visit: http://www.naic.org/cis/
                    To file a complaint, visit: http://www.naic.org/cis/fileComplaintMap.do

C

Travelers Insurance — home insurance

I paid insurance premiums to Travelers Insurance Company for 18 years without the necessity to file a claim...

D

Travelers Insurance — claims

We are currently suing Travelers Insurance. Our home had winter storm damage totaling around $30, 000...

N

Travelers Insurance — worst company I have had the &pleasure& to deal with

I have been with this company for four years and for the past two I have had nothing but problems. It started...

Travelers Insurancesteer clear of this company

Loyal "premier" customer for 13+ years. Involved in automobile accident and company refused to pay claim.

• Ea
                      Eaker Feb 28, 2010

• Ju
                      JUNIORSBOX Aug 22, 2009

I just received a notice of cancellation on my full coverage auto policy. An accident on 12/24/07 which caused no damage to my Malibu and then
                      another on 1/03/09 when I was run off the road
                      were the explaination. Neither was my fault and police reports verified the fact. I needed a rental
                      car after the second and never received any type
                      of reimbursement. They have had my homeowners, auto and business policies for nearly twenty years.
                      Both times, the other vehicles were also insured by Travelers. I might understand a rate increase, even though I've never filed any claims. To be cancelled is outrageous and I will be changing providers for the other policies as well.

Travelers Insurancerental policy... not paying for loss

We have a rental insurance policy with Travelers and after experience a loss due to a hot water heater leaking and overflowing we contacted Travelers. An adjuster came out the next day, wrote everything up, took alot of pics, videos, etc. and told us to throw everything out as it was contaminated and that it would all be covered under our policy.

The claims adjuster sent us papers to fill out with the itemized of our losses.

Now, they just decided not to cover it. They also stated that they sent us a letter on July 1st declining our claim, when the adjuster came out July 2nd. Something doesn't make sense.

I went over my policy, including the perils and it should all be covered! We want our money that we should be getting for our losses!

• H2
                        h20girl Jul 30, 2009

How long was the H2O tank leaking? Was this a sudden overflow like a pipe rupturing or has the tank been leaking for a while. Most companies will only pay for "sudden and accidental" occourances...like a ruptured water tank or a broken H2O pipe. If it has been leaking for a while... say a few weeks or months, most insurance companies will decline the claim.