Tracfonetracfone - stolen minutes and rude loss prevention dept staff

I bought a Tracfone from HSN (Home Shopping Network). It came with 1200 minutes, text, data which is good for one year. I gave it to my 13 year old teenage son who primarily uses only the text and data but hardly talk on the phone. (Anyone who has a teenager can confirm the truth behind this statement).

Since he hardly makes phone calls, he has a lot of minutes left, probably around 1, 000 minutes. But two weeks ago, the talk minutes just ALL disappeared.

I called Tracfone and they kept insisting that my son must have used the minutes because it is currently 0. I kept explaining to them that he definitely has not talked for 22.5 hours (or 1350 minutes) on the phone. Teenagers text and use data but hardly use the phone. But they kept insisting that he must have because it is 0.

I have talked to 4 customer service reps who said they do not have the power to give me back my minutes. They said they have to check with Loss Prevention Department but the latter denied my request to restore any minutes. I asked to talk to a supervisor but when they checked, supervisor was allegely busy. I asked to talk to the Loss Prevention Department directly and the Loss Prevention rep I talked to was extemely rude and just kept repeating that I need to talk to customer service again or else he will hang up. Finally, I called HSN where I originally bought the phone to let them know the frustrating experience I am having. The HSN rep noted the issue and supposedly, a HSN supervisor will read that tomorrow morning. They are my last hope at this point. I did buy the HSN protection plan and I am hoping that they can use that to give me my stolen minutes.

Last Christmas, I bought 4 more tracfone as gifts to my relatives. We have used Tracfone for about 3 years and only recently have we had these cases of stolen minutes (yes, this has happened to 2 other tracfones we own).