Toyota Camrypaint peeling

H

I am very upset with the quality of paint on my black 2011 Camry. You can literally peel it off the grill area if you wanted too. Therefore, next time I wash it, it will only get worse. I thought It started from hail damage, that is not the case. My insurance adjuster said he has seen many Camry's that are doing the same thing. I wish Toyota would step up and do something about it. I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't warranty the problem. I still have a warranty on it!! This will be the last Toyota I ever own!! Did I mention it is only 2 years old?!

Make it right TOYOTA!!!

• Te
    Texas32 Aug 04, 2011

Texas Toyota will try and scam you, and throw additional hidden fees into your contract so that you aren't aware that they are charging you more. They are not honest, and try and rush you out of the office so that you won't notice. Then, when you're reading through your paperwork when you get home and try and talk to them about it, they basically tell you that they are sorry, but you already signed the contract. They sold me a vehicle with 3 major things wrong with it, and it was supposed to be looked over and certified (which is a check on all parts) before it leaves the lot. I purchased an 09 Toyota Camry, which I had previously heard are one of the best cars you can purchase. Thankfully, I purchased a warranty, but not everything is covered on that. When the service dept tried to call the dealership that sold me the car to see if they would cover the additional costs to fix it (mind you I have had the vehicle less than 2 months), they will not return the phone calls. They are shady, and do not have good customer service skills. They do not have the best interest of the customer at heart, and are not willing to be true on their word. I will never purchase a vehicle there again. I guess I should have checked the BBB before purchasing here, and then I would have realized that they have an F rating anyway.

• Si
    sioc Oct 12, 2012

My 2011 Camry has the paint peeling problem too. It first occurs on the hood, ceiling, and is now getting worse. I took my car to the dealer and they said the warranty only covers rust beneath the painting. Then they attempted to convince you that the paint peeling was due to bird drop, tree sap, acid rain, or whatever reason they can think of, then shrug it off.
    I suspect that the paint peeling is the either poor quality painting or Toyota's manufacturing defect.

• Si
    SIW Apr 27, 2017

I bought a leased car from Scott Clark Toyota in Charlotte, N.C. in 2013. The car had 9, 000 miles and looked new, except for a spot on the hood which looked like a rock had hit the car. They painted the hood and I felt ok with the way it looked. Well, this year the hood is starting to rust on top and underneath the hood. Scott Clark Toyota in Charlotte, NC will not stand by their paint work. I found out they out sourced the paint job. They will stand behind the work, so my question was who did the work. They have no records indicating who did the paint job. They will not research or give me any information where I can go directly to the body shop to speak with them. Needless to say no customer service who cares, and no warranty, nor help from SCOTT CLARK TOYOTA IN CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA. I should not have to jump through hoops to try and find out who painted my car. And we will never buy a another vehicle from SCOTT CLARK TOYOTA OR A TOYOTA PERIOD.