T.J. Maxxlucas luggage

H

I purchased a piece of Lucas Luggage at the TJ Maxx store in Winter Haven Florida in April of this year to be used on a trip in the fall. I went on the trip as planned but the Lucas Luggage developed a rip and interior protrusion midway through the trip. I had to use duct tape to keep the luggage secure for the return flight. The luggage had a 5 year warranty when I bought it but when I took it back to the store I was told by the manager that TJMaxx did not accept returns after 30 days and that they did not honor manufacturers warranties. I did not consider my problem to be a "return" but a claim against my warranty. If TJ Maxx is not going to honor warranties then they should not be affixed to items. I bought this item in part because of the warranty. I feel duped over the whole transaction. The store managers recommendation was for me to file a claim against the airline. So much for customer service.

• La
    LadyScot Nov 03, 2016

What part of manufacturer warranty do you not get? The warranty is not from the store, it is from the manufacturer. Call them. And yes, file a claim with the airline.

Lord, are people this thick?

• As a TJ Maxx employee - a customer service coordinator, to be exact - I can assure you that the manager was correct in refusing your return. Our return policy IS a 30 day policy, and furthermore, we do NOT accept used or worn merchandise for return, ESPECIALLY when it is THOROUGHLY USED and OUTSIDE of the 30 day return policy. Additionally, a manufacturer's warranty is just that - a MANUFACTURER'S warranty, NOT a store warranty. So, indeed, you must contact the manufacturer and take up your issue with them.

• De
    DERich Mar 27, 2019

Have you ever tried that, Ch. No. It is next to impossible. The store should stand by what they sell or should not sell it. I bought 2 roller small suit cases. They are impossible to roll. I'm stuck with them.

• De
    DERich Apr 16, 2019

O they roll...if they're empty. And that is how you test them in the store...empty. Fill them up and they are horrible. You can not control them at all. They are a disaster.

• Cy
    Cynthia Hampton Jul 19, 2019

To Lady Scot and the other insensitive person on the thread. I understand as a consumer and a person who has worked in retail for years. If you purchase something from a reputable store then it is more than reasonable to expect that the store would honor their product...warranty or not...the cost of the product to the store is so minimal that the best solution is to make the customer happy. It is called customer service.

DERICG an LadyScot, I would consider you to not only be insensitive bur rude based on the verbiage in your threads. To the woman who spent her money on the product...please continue to reach out to TJ Maxx Corporate for a resolution and Lucas Luggage. Praying that you have satisfactory ending.

• Di
    Disappointed in Lucas Dec 18, 2019

Like most on this site, I purchased Lucas brand luggage from a local TJMaxx store for a trip. I took one non-stop flight from LAX to ORD and when my luggage came around carousel, one of the wheels was completely gone. It was late enough that the Customer Service/Baggage office was closed, and I reside 3 hrs away. I literally, still had the price tag and receipt in my purse. I went back to TJMaxx to get a refund for something that was in my possession for about 24 hrs. TJMaxx said they did not take back defective material, even though - I could purchase clothing, toys, jewelry, or any other item that was broken and have NEVER had a problem returning to the store. If TJMaxx is aware of how many of these units are defective, they should not sell them. I trusted the TJMaxx brand, not the Lucas brand.