Having problems with Tissot?

+41 329 333 111 (Switzerland)
+1 866 462 0050 (United States)
+1 416 703 1667 (Toronto, Canada)
+1 514 447 3074 (Montreal, Canada)
+44 845 899 0100 (United Kingdom)
+61 388 443 300 (Australia)
+43 19 818 538 (Austria)
+32 25 583 843 (Belgium)
+31 402 199 939 (Netherlands)
+852 25 189 792 (Hong Kong)
+65 65 133 800 (Singapore)
+66 26 100 200 (Thailand)
Chemin des Tourelles 17
Le Locle
Switzerland - 2400

Complaints & Reviews

malefunctions & support

I have purchased a Tissot watch 4 years ago & it stopped working after 1 year.
I returned with the watch & the problem was 'fixed" on the spot.
1 year later the problem returned (same problem) & again I was assured that the problem was fixed.
This happen twice more & only then was the watch sent back to the importer, who said that the guaranty was up & that the mechanism is defective.

This was when I realized that the reason the watch wasn't sent back before, despite recurring problems was that the company/store/importer prefered to find Ad-Hoc solutions as long as the guaranty was in place & only after it was void did they check the mechanism.

I'm very disappointed as Tissot is supposedly a reliable watch maker & here I find that their watchs & guaranties have A SHORTER LIFETIME THEN A SIMPLE NO-BRAND watch.

• Cr
    CRHISTUS SOBERS Jul 22, 2010

I work for Johnson & Johnson Medical India.I got a Tissot watch as annual Gift from my emnployer on jan 2010.within six months the date was not working and after some days one of the parts fallen some where.Now the other issue is the metal part of the watch started rusting.Because of these issues i am a not able to use my watch and i am under tremendous pressure because such high value gift has gone waste.kindly take this request and make action to change my watch.
    Also suggest me what are the process to get change of my watch.

• Mi
    michaeldaruwalla Aug 21, 2010

Dear Brkhtw,

My experience with Tissot is similar to yours. The barometer was far from accurate, as I am a helicopter pilot and could check the discrepency everyday.

The company should be taken to task for fraudelent advertising as the watch is not even sweat proof- afar cry from the 30m water proof that they claim.

Just as disappointed as you are and wish publicity be given to this defective product. Recall from Tissot would be only honourable to go. After all they are selling this watch on the basis of being a trusted brand fron the year 1853...!!!

Regards michaeldaruwalla

• Pa
    PA Nizar Mar 28, 2011

MY TISSOT WATCH OF 4 YEARS OLD WORKED PROPERLY FOR FIRST TWO YEARS OF PURCHASE (COSTING AROUND 8000). THEN IT STARTED SHOWING COMPLAINTS. IT STOPPED WORKING THRICE. SWISS TIME HOUSE EXPERTS SERVICED THE WATCH AND MADE THAT SERVICEABLE...EACH SERVICE COST ME MORE THAN RS 500/-. LAST SERVICING WAS DONE (WHEN WACH BECAME UNSERVICEABLE) TWO MONTHS BEFORE. ( I LOST THE SLIP SO I DON'T REMEBER THE EXACT DATE). TODAY IT AGAIN STOPPED WORKING. I AM FED UP. I SPOKE TO SWISS TIME HOUSE WHERE I PURCHASED THE WATCH, HE SAYS THAT WE CAN'T GIVE THE GUARANTY OF BATTERY. I DON'T WANT ANY GUARANTY. BUT THE BATTERY WAS CHANGED TWO MONTHS AGO. IF THEY PUT A LOCAL BATTERY ALSO WOULD'T THAT WORK AT LEAST FOR THREE MONTHS. THE COLOUR OF DIAL CHANGED AND IT IS WET ALSO. HOW COULD AN ITEM OF SUCH REPUTED COMPANY FAIL FREQUENTLY. IT'S REALLY SHOCKING.

lagging behind watch

I bought a Tissot T-Race for 675 CADs, and after five days I regretfully discovered that my new watch is lagging behind. For every 24 hours, it lags by 72 seconds, that is almost a minute and a half per day. I have a collection of 16 other watches, half of which are much cheaper than this Tissot, and none of them had such a problem during the six years I had them.

defective watch

I had obtained one Tissot Watch through redeeming reward points available in my account with AMEX. This was ordered during Oct 2008 and within 3 months I noticed that the watch wasnt performing as per my expectations as it started running slow. I immediately complained to AMEX to which they responded back and agreed for incurring repair. They also did that, but immediately after running for next 3-4 months it again started functioning irratically and all of a sudden one of the needle in chronograph dial has also come out. Therefore I again called up AMEX to find out the dealers in Delhi/India who could undertake such repairs, but AMEX couldnt provide me with any valid solutions. Now I feel totally dissapointed and disgusted as even after owning a so called valuable and reputed time piece it failed and more so I dont know where to take it for repairs. On a second thought I think Indian watches are far more better than these so called swiss made watches who claim for something like lifetime guarantee, for instance my dad gifted me a Titan watch in early 90's which is still functioning very well and which needed no repairs/servicing so far except for changing batteries.

• Ro
    Rosse79 May 07, 2014

It was same happen to my T-Cera watch which i bought nearly MYR2K but so dispointed that only can last me just for 2years.

watches for fools

I got a rs.11, 500/- worth tissot watch from johnson, cp, delhi on 29.07.05. After 2 and 1/2 (as if the watch knows the that it's warrenty is upto 2-years) years suddenly the watch stoped working and I had to send it for repair to calcutta as I am from bhubaneswar, and they are charging me rs.5, 000/- (almost half of the price of the watch) with 1 more year warrenty. Is it a joke... I asked them I don't want the watch repair. And stop fooling people that it is company that produce quality watch.

It's a bitter experience, these company are purely cheats. They spend all the money on brand - building and sell people garbage. Beaware of them. Blody... Swish... Watch. F*k of your company and your third-rated watches.

touch functions not working

I bought my Tissot T Touch 5 month ago and touch function is stuck at the chrono mode. Just cant get it out of this mode digital display. Just woke up one day and it happened over night. I will see if warranty covers. But by the press I have been reading on this watch I suppose it will work for another 3 months and back to the same story...

I will keep you updated. If you looking for a reliable watch, stay clear from Tissot.

• Ah
    Ahmad Jul 06, 2008

Same problem here. After 12 days watch got stuck in chrono mode. I returned it and got a brand new one. after 2 months the watch started skipping an hour every 5 minutes sent it for overall server ($240) and now the 2nd watch in less than six months is stuck in chrono mode. Does anyone know a solution to this never ending problem with the Tissot T-Touch getting stuck in chrono mode?

• Dc
    dchaos Oct 09, 2009

Same thing here in Mexico, I got my watch and after 6 months same ###.. Send it to Tissot representant and got it back after 3 months... one week later i have the same issue...

• Go
    GohAndy May 21, 2012

I have purchase a Tissot T Touch less then 2 years ago for more then a thousand dollars. Hardly wear, notice watch malfunction when put it on few days back. Approach Tissot Authorised Service Centre in Singapore and informed by them need major repair after an hour check. No evident of mis-handling and inform by service centre need to pay at least more then $300 over for repair. Inform by service centre fault untraceable, quality no issue. Warranty card missing, bear no further assurance on product. If you are looking AND PAYING thousand over to have a branded watch to function well for more then two years. Your choice to consider Tissot or just a normal watch which can last more then 2 years after purchase. Swiss Watch still the Best? Thank You

terrible experience!

Beware... The watch industry has a little game they play with the "water resistiveness" of watches. As a firefighter and avid outdoorsman, I wanted a functional, good looking watch. I was shown the T Touch and amazed by the gadgets it has. After owning it for only 6 months, it died. I sent it in and they repaired it with no explanation of the problem. Just recently, at 2 years old, it began to spin backwards and had a blank LCD display. This occurred in Mexico while swimming/floating in the pool. I sent it in again and was told that it will be $320.00 to repair due to rust in the movement. I was not very happy and stated I was not going to pay this. After further discussion, they asked what I was doing with this watch when it broke. I told them and they replied "you can't do that with this watch". WHAT? It is rated to 50 mtrs, which they replied that this watch is splash proof only. Maybe I am naive, as I am not a true watch enthusiast, but I took its rating at face value. I figured 50 meters was 50 meters. They stated that if the watch were gently lowered in the water, it would be fine to 150', but once you moved your arm, it would allow water in and destroy this watch. I guess this is standard in the industry. This watch is geared toward the adventurous... take it skydiving, take it rock climbing, go hiking... but for the love of god... do not wash your hands with it. Now I have to make a choice.. spend the $300 to fix this paperweight or put that towards the TAG I should have bought in the first place. If you only wear this watch around town... it is great.. I loved it. If you don't sit behind a desk your entire life... I would reconsider. Google "T Touch problems" and you will see I am not the only one. I wish I had before paid that much for a watch that will sit in my drawer now...

tissot watch

I am a gadget freak. It is a good thing that I don't work for Sharper image and the like because I would certainly be insolvent. Anyway I get a Tissot T-touch Titanium for Christmas and love the watch. 3 months later it just quits. No problem probably jusart needs a battery.....I take it to the local watch guy to put a new battery and to my surprise he tells me he will not touch it and I need to send it to Tissot. So now I take it to the jewelry that sells them and they write up a ticket and send it to the factory. I am starting to feel a little fear because I can only imagine how much repairs could be for the watch and I am thankful it has a two year warranty. Four months.....yes....120 ndays later the jewelry store calls anbd tells me it is going to be 250 bucks for the repairs. Wow....could it be true that the factory itself doesn't know what their own warranty is? Lots of little red flags start popping up....I truly fear that my watch is a lemon...and that I will be in the local food lines before I know itbecause of the costly repairs it is sure to need. Ok after they quoted me the cost and after I told them it was under warranty about 30 ndays later I get the watch. I am hoping this is just a freak thing and it will keep on ticking like it should for years to come. Wrong!!!!!!! Three months later i am sending it back for the same problem and also one of the little buttons popped off somewhere and)) I need another one (this is a cosmetic problem..True to form and in line with my low expectations I get the watch back 4 months later along with a bill for $80 american dollars for the freakin cosmetic button part. I don't object because I want my watch back. Long story short my 2 year warranty equals a little over one year because I didn't have it for over eight months. Ok this brings me to the present. The other day my watch falls off my arm. Thank goodness it fell off at home because had it been at a ballgame or the airport or any other public place I probably wouldn't have noticed it missing for sometime. I am thinking that the pin gave out and figured this is one repair I can handle myself....WRONG!!!!!....the pin didn't fall out.....a piece of the titanium watch band clasp had dissapeared....the piece that holds the pin. I do not want to send it off for fear of a $200 bill and it taking 6 months to fix. I am now trying to see if I can just buy the part and fix it myself only to find that there is no website...no one on ebay...nowhere is this part available except thru...guess who....Tissot. Don't walk but do RUN away from this watch company....I have never been so disapointed in a watch or a watch company.....save your money and your sanity at the same time.

• Pa
    patty Mar 03, 2008

yep had the same problem I was sold on this watch whilst on holidays, well its not every day i am in switzerland is it? being from Australia and was really sold on the whole Swiss make quality watches blah blah blah story from the tour guide who incidentally had one himself and we were taken to where apparently all tourists go to get swiss watch bargains shop well ripped off anyway I outlayed something like $850 Aussie bucks the most amount of money (and last time) I have outlayed for a watch ever I got home and after a while 6 months or so i noticed the pusher buttons were jamming up and then the screen blinked continuously and the touch fuction stopped furious I went searching for my warranty certificate could not find it anyhere in the box so i sent Tissot or Swatch who owns hem a cranky email and they replied and asked me to send it in well they fixed the watch which was nice of them and sent it back I vowed never to wear it except going out and bought a cheap kmart watch to wear day to day well 3 months ago i have wore it maybe a dozen time since getting it back it has been sitting in my wifes jewellery box and yep the buttons are all jammed the touch function has failed and the screen is blank again i have given up and ya know what the kmart crap watch is still goin...
    And i caught up with a guy who went on the same trip
    recently who was also sold on the tissot swiss masterpiece
    and his watch too is on the blink and is now out of warranty

• Le
    Leroy T Sep 23, 2012

Yes I completely agree with the quality of these Tissot watches. I received a lovely 30th birthday present from my parents, a tissot watch that costs almost $1k. 2 years later the hand timepiece loses time (digital is ok). I figure it is the battery. Change that, still the same problem. I send it to swatch for repairs and they do something ($200 later). A couple of months later the same issue reappears. I send it back again. They keep it for a week, run some tests and send it back to me saying it is fine. This has happened about 10 times now. Each time they have it they keep it for 1-4 weeks, don't do anything and send it back. Every time it gets back to me it lasts anywhere from 2 days to 2.5 months before the same problem reoccurs. I have given up, completely over the whole process. Won't be buying a tissot watch ever again!

useless watch

I bought T-Touch Tissot watch for 500 American dollars 2 years ago.After one year,water got into my water...

defective watch

My name is Jakob Barak I am a pilot and an electrical engineer from israel. I purchase a Tissot T Touch watch...

tissot t-touch watch is not reliable at all!

I bought the Tissot T-Touch Watch 3 years ago for around $800. But the touch screen sensors are dying one by...