Tissotwatch loses time

L

I received a lovely 30th birthday present from my parents, a tissot watch that costs almost $1k. 2 years later the hand timepiece loses time (digital is ok). I figure it is the battery. Change that, still the same problem. I send it to swatch for repairs and they do something ($200 later). A couple of months later the same issue reappears. I send it back again. They keep it for a week, run some tests and send it back to me saying it is fine. This has happened about 10 times now. Each time they have it they keep it for 1-4 weeks, don't do anything and send it back. Every time it gets back to me it lasts anywhere from 2 days to 2.5 months before the same problem reoccurs. This has gone on for almost 18 months! I have given up, completely over the whole process. Won't be buying a tissot watch ever again, completely dodgy.

• Dr
    Dr Stu Aug 29, 2021

Mine loses about eight minutes a day. The problem started two years after buying it. The manufacturer told me it would cost more than two-thirds of the purchase price to fix it. My Casio - which I have had for five years - keeps perfect time and cost literally one-fifth of the Tissot. I expected better from Tissot, but I have learned my lesson. Avoid this brand.

• Tj
    Tjoe21 Feb 05, 2021

Picked up my new watch, a gift, yesterday. The store manager had called to tell me she had set the time and date the night before. It was about 4 minutes slow when I got it at 6:00 p.m., reset to correct time. This morning it was off by 5 minutes and was reset at 10:40 a.m.. After reading these post, the watch is going back tomorrow. So disappointed. Now I have to break the news to my wife, that she bought a lemon.

• El
    elmar mammadov Mar 15, 2019

Same problem, my men's Tissot watch looses time, I'm so dissappointed with this aqcuisition. After reading all posts above, I don't want to spend even a penny for repairs and never buy this watch again.

• Si
    Silence99 Aug 11, 2018

I have a beautiful men's Tissot watch purched approximately 6 years ago. Your problem is identical to mine. It loses time, 10 minutes at a time, sometimes more. It abruptly stops working. The jeweler where I purchased it has kept it for 1 week to as long as a month on about 5 different occasions - no long term success. I shipped to one of the two national service centers 11 months ago. After a nearly $200 repair, it worked well (no explanation regarding the nature of malfunction, just that a malfunction was noted). Yesterday, it lost 10 minutes. I am told that the second hand "jumps" 4 seconds at battery depletion - this is not seen, rather, it is losing time much like it did before ceasing to work at all. While I believe it may still be under warranty from the repair nearly one year ago, I have spent more on repairing and maintaining this watch than the original price. I am sorry to say I will likely never purchase or recommend purchase of another Tissot timepiece, despite the beauty and elegance of my time piece.

• Us
    user1764276 Nov 23, 2017

I also have the same issue with tissot watch, not one, but I have the same issue with both my watches., hopeless brand for the price. Never buy tissot again