Having problems with Tissot?

Tissot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 9, 2007. The latest review Tissot Watch, UID: 15JA0597781 - disappointed poor quality of product, repair not done properly on first complain when the watch was under warranty. was posted on Jun 10, 2021. The latest complaint does not work was resolved on Sep 17, 2014. Tissot has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 94 reviews. Tissot has resolved 19 complaints.

Tissot Customer Service Contacts

+41 329 333 111 (Switzerland)
+1 866 462 0050 (United States)
+1 416 703 1667 (Toronto, Canada)
+1 514 447 3074 (Montreal, Canada)
+44 845 899 0100 (United Kingdom)
+61 388 443 300 (Australia)
+43 19 818 538 (Austria)
+32 25 583 843 (Belgium)
+31 402 199 939 (Netherlands)
+852 25 189 792 (Hong Kong)
+65 65 133 800 (Singapore)
+66 26 100 200 (Thailand)
Chemin des Tourelles 17

• 1F, Yusei-fukushi Bldg, 550-0014 Osaka, Japan
  • Nicolas G Hayek Center, Chuo-Ku, 104-8188 Tokyo, Japan
  • 3F, Montoru Bldg, 5-4-5, Sakae, Naka-ku, 460-0008 Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
  • 4F, Tenjin Rinden Bldg, 3-14-31, Tenjin, Chuo-ku, 810-0001 Fukuoka, Japan
  • 5F, Sasseki Bldg, 3-8, Minami 1-jo-Nishi, Chuo-Ku, 060-0061 Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Singapore
1 Harbourfront Avenue, 98632 Singapore

Taiwan
7 segment No. 8115, 15th Floor, Civic Boulevard Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Thailand
Ground Floor, M. Thai Tower, All Seasons Place, 10330 Bangkok, Thailand

Brazil
Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 1656 - 2º andar - Cj. A; Pinheiros - São Paulo - SP, Brazil

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tissot Customer Service. Initial Tissot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tissot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tissot. Discuss the issues you have had with Tissot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Tissot Complaints & Reviews

Tissot Couturiertissot very bad customer care

After 6 years my wrist watch Tissot PRC200 stopped for battery and i was in Dubai so i went to HOUR CHOICE to change the battery in 15 july 2013 and i saw Tissot Couturier, I bought it and i thought it's good as the PRC200, but I have disappointed in this watch which was stopped after a month and a half of the purchasing date, so I paid extra expecting better quality, I now wish I kept my old watch

After one month they sent me an email telling me that they have changed the complete watch mechanism i told them i don't need this refurbished watch any more and the ask me to pay extra to make the watch sealable !! And they have refused to refund the money because the Tissot policy..

Today is 15jan2014 and they are ignoring my direct e-mails unless if i send them email trough swiss customer care and the only answer from them is to come and collect the watch.

Basem

Tissotpoor customer service

Hi all!, im here to tell the problem that i have with Tissot brand. First of all i have 5 tissot´s and i love them, i never have any problem with them.
    I bought a t-race in Latin America (Bogota, Colombia) on August, i move to Barcelona Spain on October and when i get here the watch just stop working, i search for support on the web page and i found an office here in Barcelona, i went there and leave the watch (that was the 17th of October), i wait 15 days and i call to ask how many days do i need to wait. The told me that all the machinery need to be changed so they where waiting for the parts. They told me to wait 2 weeks. So i wait 2 weeks and i send an email through the web page (7 of november) telling them that i was really upset about the customer support that they have and that i want a brand new watch, they answer me the 11 of november saying that they are not going to give me a brand new watch because "they are going to change all the machinery so its going to be the same as new", and they finished the email saying that they will contact me when they finished the job.

Today 25th of November i still waiting for the call, maybe this week its not going to happen. So today im going to call to Switzerland and to ask for a real customer service.

This is my story with tissot, i never thought that im going to be dealing with this problem, and never im going to buy again a tissot.

Tissotvisodate.netbig mistake to deal with them

Purchasing at tissotvisodate.net was a big mistake, they took payment as usual and provided me with tracking information for my order which proved to be fake and didn't work. Pointed that out to support but they refused to listen and didn’t even consider issuing a refund. This is totally fraudulent company.

Tissotpiece of s*

This company is sucks and service def garbage... I helped my brother to purchase a watch it cost him $1000 and that is a big buck for a piece of ### like this... I m very upset with this company now.. My brother said that he did not like the watch at all, so he send it back with UPS.. since under my name and everything so I never got any email or anything telling me that they got it or no... i dont know how this ripped off company works but there are no way that they didnt received the watch because he followed the instructions... really???? and he got an email from ups that they have delivered his package... thats ridiculous how this company run.. so don't waste your money and time on this piece of ### company..

Tissotwatches delaying

I´m very upset with the brand of Watches Tissot.
          I bought this watch in May 2010 and it is already presenting problems.
          I have never had one watches of so prestigious brand. All of my previous wachtes was from brand much more cheapier and I never had any problem with those, however the first experience with Tissot was terrible.
          I have the wacth for less than 3 years and it is not work properly anymore.
          The watch is delaying 20 minutes per week and I send it to a technical assistance here in Brazil and they told me that to fix it the price would be R$ 550 wich is USD 275. It´s ridiculous since the price of a new one is USD 364.
          I honestly will wait for a solution of Tissot.
          Thanks
          Victor

• Pa
              Patrick Foo Dec 27, 2015

I have just brought this automatic watches from Switzerland in Octocber 2015 and found out that my watches keep losing time after awhile. Even though I recharge the battery purposely everyday before I sleep(shake and twist the crown) but the problem keep happening. Is it possible to exchange a new one or can I get warranty services for this problem?

Mohammed nader Jan 03, 2014

exactly as what happened with me.

• Vi
              Victor Carlos Gottschald Junior Feb 07, 2013

I´m very upset with the brand of Watches Tissot.
              I have the wacth for less than 3 years and it is not work properly anymore.
              I honestly will wait for a solution of Tissot.
              Thanks
              Victor

Tissotone stop working, anther mirror broken

My boyfriend went to Workington, UK for training. When he visisted a Tissot shop in York, he bought one male watch and one female watch which he thought looked nice. The melodrama came shortly. The male watch stopped working just several days later. At first, the shop didn't agree to change it for a new one. Then considering my boyfriend was going to leave UK soon and couldn't wait for it to be repaired, it finally agreed to change it for a new one. Then my BF travel more than 3 hours to York at his own expense, which we were glad to accept because anyway we wanted to have a working watch ASAP.
            But the story didn't end here. Remember we still got a female watch, which he intended to give to me when he returned to China. What exasperated me most is that the mirror surface of that watch which was for me went broken by itself. When he aboarded the flight, the worn his own on the left wrist and mine on his right wrist. When he got off plane in Dubai, he found the mirror of my watch was broken. Broken! Can you believe that? How came? Because air pressure or temperature? Anyway, it was not an acceptable reason for it to break so easily and unexpectedly. It is still in warranty period, but the maintenance guy still charged us a lot.
            I am angry with my BF because his gift brought me not happiness but irritation. I know it's not his fault, but I still cannot help but be angry. I won't buy another Tissot anymore in the rest of life. And I will try my best to talk people out of the idea of buying one.

Tissot — watch loses time

I received a lovely 30th birthday present from my parents, a tissot watch that costs almost $1k. 2 year...

Tissot Watchesgolden plate change colour

I've purchased an tissot hour model T043.210.22.058 from BTC shop in the City Star Mall Nasr city and after about six months it began the Golden plated change its color went to BTC shop to check he said he doesn't has maintenance and we have to go to the branch of Abbas El Akkad nasr city and when going there they confirmed that color really changed and it's my right to replace but the problem is that Model is not available now i offered to pay the difference and take other model said they should ask first for original Model and then respond to date
              my email [protected]@hotmail.com

Tissot T-Touch — company won't repair their watches

I bought a Tissot T-Touch watch in 2005. I paid $1150 for it. In 2007 and 2008 it stopped working correctly...

Tissotwatch

On a business trip to Zurich, I decided to "upgrade" to a Tissot watch. I bought the watch in February and in May the stem completely pulled out of the watch while I was adjusting the time for a change of time zones. Really I am no gorilla! I excerted no more force than I had adjusting time many times before, since the watch gained about a minute a day from the first day I bought it. When I sent it to Tissot for repair, they claimed the watch must have been in an accident, describing it as having scratches and dents in addition to the problem I sent it to them to repair. As I had actually treasured the watch in the 3 months I had owned it, I had to assume the description was fabricated, or the "scratches and dents" were invisible to the naked eye and present when I purchased the watch. Either way, they used the claim that it had been in an accident as a pretext for stating the repair would not be covered by the warranty, and I would have to pay to get it repaired. I have reluctantly agreed to pay, but after this experience I would never buy another Tissot. I wish I had done some research before rather tha after buying the watch. In all my years of owning watches, I have never had such a major mechanical failure, let alone a watch that failed within 3 months. And at the price they charged for the watch, I would expect the warranty to have some meaning and value. Apparently not. Stay clear of Tissot!!!
                Steve

Tissotfailure of product & unsatisfactory of customer service

i bought a Tissot watch costs 370 US D with a 2 years warranty, it worked for 2 years and 2 months only, i thought its the battery, i changed it at the agent shop where i bought it, 5 minutes later it stopped again, i realized that its not a battery problem, i asked them to do the service, they replied to me that it will cost 160 US D (44 % of its original price). i refused and sent a complaint to the manufacturer and with cold blood they answered me that this is normal and they cant force the agent on the service prices, and that shortly i will be contacted by the service manager in the country i live in. so far nothing happened after 1 year passed.
                  finally i advise any body intended to buy a Tissot watch to go to another brand and check about the complaints on the Internet.

Mohammed nader Jan 04, 2014

THIS IS THE EMAILS HISTORY RELEVANT TO THE ABOVE COMPLAINT:
                      Dear sir,
                      after all that time i left the watch in the drawer waiting for your promises as you can see in your previous mail, and i forgot it temporarily and had been busy, but i saw the watch again and i felt the same sadness again as it was yesterday.
                      I assume that you do not care despite the fact that you called CUSTOMER CARE.
                      I AM BUILDING A COMMUNITY OF COMPLAINANTS ABOUT TISSOT.
                      IF YOU DO NOT CARE OTHERS WILL CARE.
                      THANKS FOR YOUR FAKE HELP.

tel: [protected]
                      Doha-Qatar

On Friday, November 18, 2011 9:47 PM, Mohamed Nader <[email protected]> wrote:
                      thank you for your reply, but i was expecting more than an email!!!
                      and it seems that you don't understand that it is not the customer service problem only, its about tissot quality also, it is a watch for 2 years only, so we should say that if you pay for tissot watches is like you through money in trash.
                      i'm really regret that i was believing in tissot, now on i wont believe and i will advice to everybody about that.

From: Tissot Customer Services <[email protected]>
                      To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
                      Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:38 AM
                      Subject: RE: Tissot Contact [Qatar]

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail, and for being a valued Tissot consumer.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience you have with your timepiece and we have taken good note of your feedback.

According to the repair price established by the retailer we kindly inform you that we do not have the right legally to influence them. As we care of customer's satisfaction and in order to investigate on this issue we are contacting the customer service manager in Qatar.

Please kindly bear with us and you shall be contacted.

Yours sincerely,
                      TISSOT SA
                      World customer service

HERE ARE MY EMAILS TO TISSOT'S CUSTOMER SERVICES AND THERE REPLIES TO IT:
                      To Tissot Customer Services
                      Today at 2:36 AM
                      Dear sir,
                      I assume that you do not care despite the fact that you called CUSTOMER CARE.
                      I AM BUILDING A COMMUNITY OF COMPLAINANTS ABOUT TISSOT.
                      IF YOU DO NOT CARE OTHERS WILL CARE.
                      THANKS FOR YOUR FAKE HELP.

tel: [protected]
                      Doha-Qatar

On Friday, November 18, 2011 9:47 PM, Mohamed Nader <[email protected]> wrote:
                      thank you for your reply, but i was expecting more than an email!!!

From: Tissot Customer Services <[email protected]>
                      To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
                      Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:38 AM
                      Subject: RE: Tissot Contact [Qatar]

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail, and for being a valued Tissot consumer.

Please kindly bear with us and you shall be contacted.

Yours sincerely,

ZIP :
                      CITY : Doha
                      COUNTRY : Qatar

TO:

i have a Tissot watch (serial no. at the back: P862/962 and QKM-BC-2361) purchased on March 2009 and stopped working in May 2011, i gave back to the outlet where i purchased from (chrono fashion) for service and they requested an amount of 580QR while i purchased the watch with 1350QR (43% of the original price).

Do i have to buy a watch from a famous brand manufacturer and after two years i pay 43% of the original price!?

Please clarify about that issue and reply to me about the followin action that i have to take.

your future cooperation are appriciated,

TISSOT S.A. (c)[protected]

• Af
                      AFSHIN Nov 06, 2012

Dubai
                      Bought a Tissot watch in Zurich several months back for more than 1000 USD. Soon realized that the short and long hands don't agree. This laughable manufacturing default must be so common in Tissot watches that they have a special in-built function for re-adjusting the hands (called "synchronization"). Only in my case, I had to do it once a week or more often. Since the watch is under guarantee, sent it to Dubai official service center. Not only they did not repair it (despite telling me the opposite when I got the watch back after two weeks), but they decided to give a metal polish to my titanium watch which has permanently ruined it by creating virtually hundreds of deep scratches all over the body and the bracelet. I am guessing this is standard practice for stainless steel watches, and they did not realize that this one is in titanium. I wrote to the Tissot customer service in Switzerland to complain, and was royally ignored. Before this I had a Casio with virtually the same functions and it had cost me 10 times less. It is still working after close to 20 years. How stupid of me to think that Swiss Made and expensive mean higher quality. It doesn't--at least not with Tissot.

Tissot Le Loclewatch stopping from day 1

I bought a new Tissot watch (le locle) from the Tissot boutique in mid valley mega mall. It's an automatic watch and is supposed to run without a battery. Somehow it stopped on day 2 after purchase. I took the watch the shop where I bought it and they are now refusing to replace it citing warranty clauses. They have sent it to the service center and will keep it for a week and repair it. This particular shop has cunning salesmen who become extremely rude after you have made a purchase...will not recommend this place or Tissot watches to anyone...any body from Tissot listening...

• Pa
                        Pankaj Sinha Feb 03, 2012

Moreover, the same watch is available 20 percent cheaper on the Tissot website with free shipping...so it seems that the Tissot boutique in mid valley mega mall, Kuala Lumpur is not fair in terms of pricing.

Tissot Touch Watchnot working

I bought a TISSOT Touch watch, which has been giving me trouble since day one. It was replaced once but still the issue is not solved. Now they are askng me to pay 50% cost for a new watch, which is offered in exchange. Please see below the body of the last email correspondence with the Company.

Hi Joseph,

Again you are not addressing the issue but repeating what has been stated before by your central service centre.

The repair charge quoted is not the issue but the repair that was to be carried out on the watch. The charges can be different but the repair to be done cannot change from one service centre to another.
                      Your service centre in ‘Dubai Rivoli Group’ have clearly stated in their email dated 9th Nov 2010 that repair work to be done on the watch is (after having diagnosed the problem):
                      Replacement of the Movement AED 490/-
                      Replacement of Battery AED 0
                      Replacement of Glass AED 300/-
                      -----------
                      Total AED 790/-
                      ______
                      While your Service Centre in Pune, C.T. Pandale & Sons, informed my son that the watch is not working since the negative contacts of the watch is broken and that the watch can only be replaced at 50% cost. They refused to put anything is writing. I do not know the reason.
                      So your argument that the price can vary since you do not have a global pricelist is not valid.

Now coming back to your argument that the watch is 7 years old is also not valid since you had replaced the watch in 2006. No Company would replace a watch until and unless it is a manufacturing defect which was admitted by you vide your email dated 26th Oct 2006 stating that the watch has developed similar problems in few instances before. I had asked the question what if the replacement watch developed the same problem vide my email dated 13th Nov 2006 when the watch was replaced and now in reality this has happened.
                      Additionally vide your email dated 4th Oct 2011 and email from your Central Service Centre (Marie-France.Mercier) states that the new T-Touch II is a new tactile watch with a similar design to the original T-Touch and Marie-France further confirms that the T-Touch II has a new design movement (which is a new technology) and I can be confident that I would not encounter the failures as in the previous model vide her email dated 6th Oct 2011.
                      This is a clear admission that there was a design problem in the older version which was causing the problem.
                      These are valid enough reasons for me to take the issue to the consumer forum with my grievance.

I would like you to put all your offers, including the special price option in writing, since I have lost faith in TISSOT now with your approach. I was happy in 2006 when you admitted that there is a problem and replaced the watch but now everybody is trying to dodge the real issue and coming out with options which is not acceptable to me. As stated before, we do not buy a watch which works only for a couple of months and that to an expensive watch.

I will first take this case to the consumer forum and take legal opinion, before I decide on the next course of action.

I am going to create an account on popular websites like facebook, twitter etc and all other possible means to gather all other users and collectively fight out this issue, if I do not get justice.

Kind regards
                      Prem Kumar

• Mi
                          Milana223366 Sep 21, 2014

Stupid company
                          Management is not intelligent
                          Only negative feelings

Jack Mathews Aug 03, 2014

i had the same problem too with hour choice dubai. Took more than 3 weeks & at last they gave me the watch. Now the TISSOT watch will work continuous for 3 hours then stops. we have to pull the crown and fix again which will run for next 2 hours. When i went back to hour choice, they removed the crown & fixed - THEY SAID - Here you go.. Its working now.. simple things you see... So annoyed with their response.
                          Never Will i buy TISSOT again.. OR Hour choice again...

• Sh
                          shahnawaz zaheer Feb 02, 2014

i given my watch T2N218 timex perpetual calender to rivoli customer care for repair just top of the mirror broken they took long time but changed not original rivoli promise original will change and one more thing is after repair my watch time is not showing properly i dont know what they did R&D i want reply.

• Pr
                          pradeep premkumar Aug 28, 2012

i also had the same problem with tissot company abudhabi.

• Pe
                          penpa Nov 10, 2011

tissot watch is worse watch ever. people are buying a things which is brand for what? for quality only. and the quality of watch is really really horrible. i suggest to all of my friend not to buy tissot watch.

Tissotwatches and service are garbage

Tissot is the worst brand on the planet, it is total garbage. The company is owned by swatch group which is even more useless, they are well known for treating their customers with contempt, and their high levels of incompetence. I bought a Tssot T touch and tried to have the battery replace when it was only just out of warranty, the criminals who work there told me that it would cost $450 because it needed new parts which are no longer in production only two years after the watch was released, and as an alternative they want to keep my watch which now no longer works and sell me a new one of their ch0ice for a slightly discounted price from full RRP. This company is filth and the people who work there are ###.

Mohammed nader Jan 03, 2014

completely agree, as i had a different problems, but i agree i would not buy Tissot any more in my life and i will advice it to everyone and everywhere. and i am gathering a community to aware others about Tissot

Tissot — ridiculous pricing on repairs

I bought a Tissot watch roughly two and a half to three years ago. The value of the watch wa...

Tissot — watch repair cost

In April 2008 I bought a mens Tissot T-Touch from a local jewellry store for $Cdn 500. In January 2011 the...

Tissotrepairs within and after warranty period - quality issues

I had bought a Tissot- Chrono Quartz watch from World Time, Andheri West on 1/12/2007 at Rs. 15695/-. Within 4 months the watched stopped and had to be sent to the shop. After 3 days, the same was returned and I was advised that there was a battery issue which has been resolved. Again in December, 2008, the watch stopped working and had to be sent to the company by the shop. After around 20 days, the watch was given back duly repaired and I was advised that there was a hands and maintainence issue which has been resolved. As it was under warranty, I was not charged anything and as such I did not bother much. Now again in April, 2011, the watch has stopped working and I diagonised as Hands + Maintainence issue and I have been given an estimate of Rs. 5348/-. This is too steep a cost and that too for a recurring problem. Tissot quality is not what it used to be, I assume.

Tissot PR 50 — stops frequently

I have got Tissot PR50 having a barcode [protected] since last 5 years and no problem till now but since few...

Tissotbad watch & bad after sales service

useless watch
                            Complaint Rating:
                            Company information:
                            Tissot
                            Iran

I purchased a Tissot PR50 watch for 1, 300 ringgit a year ago. Exactly a year after, my automatic watch stop ticking and so I sent it for repair at Tissot shop in Mid Valley. To my horror, not only they are rude, the sales person actually told me to send my watch to their service centre myself, and he continue by saying, if they were to send it in for me, the repair will actually takes about 3-4 months!!!
                            How ridiculous this is? How can a prestige brand like Tissot advertised that it has the best watches when their products can only work for 1 year. I don't know which is worst, their bad after sales service or the bad watch.

• Br
                                Brendon Fahl Jan 21, 2013

I have a T-touch since 2010 and it ha been presenting failures since the day I bought, I thought it was a serious company... ridiculous...

• Sg
                                SG-Adrian Oct 19, 2011

I have similar watch model (PR 50 moonphase), and after 3 years it's broken exactly the button for adjusting the moonphase. This is disappointing quality. Such watch does not not worth the money.

Tissotexpensive battery

I have a Tissot Touch and after a number of years it needed a new battery so I sent it to the service centre in UK, all it needed was a new battery but they quoted £102 including postage back, this is for changing the battery and a service. I agreed because this is not a cheap watch. It came back and the battery worked for about 3 months !!! I managed to open the watch myself and change the battery, £1.99 for 5 from Ebay, took me about 10 minutes to do it. My conclusion, Tissot service in Uk is a scam centre. I will go for cheaper watches like Casio next time. Don't buy Tissot watches.